[X] Interact with the door.
-[X] Take a Picture.

[X] Go back upstairs. Just get out of the basement, you don't want to be here. You're sure everyone else will do the same.
-[X] Up! Up up up! Let's go ladies and gents!

Going on Team Hannz for this one. We ain't gonna die. None of us are. The highest bet of who are the first to be killed are the lovebirds. Because everyone expects them to die first in a painful horrifying death.

I read the rules very thoroughly and from what I can tell that scene does not break any rules.
Apologies if I'm being overly paranoid, but certain fiascos have made me very cautious when it comes to scenes like those. I won't name said fiasco, but I still recommend checking with the mods just to be in the safe side because sometimes, interpretations of written text don't align.

Apologies if I'm being overly paranoid, but certain fiascos have made me very cautious when it comes to scenes like those. I won't name said fiasco, but I still recommend checking with the mods just to be in the safe side because sometimes, interpretations of written text don't align.
Your concern is appreciated, Hannz. Any particular mod I should go and request to check if it is okay, or will any be fine? I'm not too familiar with the protocol of this particular situation.
The highest bet of who are the first to be killed are the lovebirds. Because everyone expects them to die first in a painful horrifying death.
Maybe I should start up a betting pool.

We're so going to start a betting pool. Each Quest involving death must have one. Because it'd be hilarious to see how that'd work out, lol.

The Nyctohylophobia Deadpool (Place your bets!)
Make a Thread here talking about your concerns, and a mod should come to you in half an hour or so. :p

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/forums/ask-a-private-question.46/
Thank you, Hannz. You've been a great help. :3

We're so going to start a betting pool. Each Quest involving death must have one. Because it'd be hilarious to see how that'd work out, lol.
Alright. We're doing this.

EVERYONE PLACE YOUR BETS! WHO DO YOU THINK WILL DIE FIRST! YOUR CURRENCY IS RATINGS! GO!

Medea Parth (Player character) - NO BETS YET

Sierra - @lavanderjasmine (100 Likes)

Lucas - @Nevill (100 Like, 5 Funny), @Tarock Star (50 Likes)

Danielle - NO BETS YET

Eli - NO BETS YET

Eli & Danielle - @Hannz (Two Likes), @Shiranui (Two Likes)

No one dies - @TheLordofAwesome (Two Likes)

Everyone dies - @Tyrell (10,000 Likes)

Last edited:
Mind you I wonder, how will you deal with troll votes? Like say somehow everyone was sleeping and the level headed people are away, causing people to vote like idiots? (See: Rational Naruto Quest's Youth Suit Incident/ChernoQuest's Nuke Incident/SayakaQuest's Black Hole Incident)
Hey, not fair! If you are throwing references around, at least provide us neofites with links! ;)

(But how do you get everyone in their right mind to sleep simultaneously? It sounds more like a 'this looks amusing' bandwagon. Normally it's either a sign that something is wrong with the quest and people got bored, or a product of an honest mistake/misconception that sounds appealing enough for the majority to buy it)

Also, @TheLordofAwesome, have you checked with the mods if the scene where we find the two lovebirds doesn't break any rules?
I find it strange that anyone would find it even remotely objectionable to warrant a question. :confused:
Actually, I find that people are sometimes more hawkish than modders in interpreting the rules. I've seen enough of Hannz to know he (she? clearly not enough enough :p) asked in good faith, and has the best intentions, but if there is one thing I find worse than breaking the rules, it is being told that you might or might not be doing something that might or might not be violating them. In the first case you have a clear signal something is not allowed, the second causes you to play 'Mother may I?' with the mods - and since no one likes that, generally avoid getting in these situations altogether, sanitizing your speech and writing.

I find that 'better safe than sorry' approach does not quite work as intended. I believe, when you see something that appears questionable, it is much better for all involved to ask a mod privately to get a definitive answer and let them deal with it, rather than insinuate to the poster there may be something wrong with what they are saying. If there is something wrong, mods will get involved anyway; if there isn't, it does far more harm than good.

Again, not intended as an attack on Hannz, I know you didn't mean it.

Anyway, back to the story. Do we know for sure that Eli didn't tell the story about a spooky house to have a remote location where he could make his proposal for maximum effect? Because I admit I suspect him of doing exactly that. Makes for a more memorable event than just a camping trip.

So, with that said and done... perhaps it might be time to pull out? We didn't want to go, and we are getting creepy vibes, so why are we staying? Daring? Curiosity? I don't think Eli and Daniel care about the house anymore, and Lucas can get outvoted and dragged away if need be.

Of course, I don't think the house will let us go that easily, with 'NO FUTURE LEFT FOR YOU' written on the wall, but the same writing was warning us to 'LEAVE NOW BEFORE THEY HARVEST YOUR CORPSE'. What's keeping us here? I know that in no horror movie ever did the heroes have enough sense to nope out of an adventure, but there is a good reason the same people die messy deaths.

-[X] Take a Picture.

[X] Get out of the basement, you don't want to be here. Drag the rest of them with you, even Lucas. Especially Lucas.
-[X] Discuss getting back to camp. Eli and Danielle must be preoccupied with each other, so maybe you and Sierra can have another go at convincing them.

Damn that marriage proposal. Now I don't want anyone to die after such a blatant death flag! :mad:

Except Lucas. 'cause a party member staring creepily at gory scenes and giggling happily is a real joy. :rolleyes:

EVERYONE PLACE YOUR BETS! WHO DO YOU THINK WILL DIE FIRST! YOUR CURRENCY IS RATINGS! GO!
How does that work? Do I lose ratings when I lose? Do I get them when I win? Asking because there are actual forums that allow ratings betting.

But I guess here it's mostly 'promise to like the author if you lose, author will like your posts if you win' if it is even serious.

Whatever. Betting 100 likes and 5 funnies on Lucas. There's your incentive to kill him. Help yourself!

Last edited:
Hmm... Man, Eagle, lion, bull. Not sure of any other implications that might have, but that definitely corresponds to the four living creatures from Revelations, or perhaps the four faces of the cherubim in... Ezekiel? Isaiah? I always get my prophets mixed up. In any case, interesting. Could mean that the mind bending thing on the door isn't necessarily demonic....

Any who, I'm gonna throw fifty likes onto Lucas being the first one to die. Not for any particular reason other than I see a lot of people starting to like him, and if I was the QM it would make me definitely move him to the top of the 'to kill' list.

-[X] Take a Picture.

[X] Get out of the basement, you don't want to be here. Drag the rest of themwith you, even Lucas. Especially Lucas.

Hmm... Man, Eagle, lion, bull. Not sure of any other implications that might have, but that definitely corresponds to the four living creatures from Revelations, or perhaps the four faces of the cherubim in... Ezekiel? Isaiah? I always get my prophets mixed up. In any case, interesting. Could mean that the mind bending thing on the door isn't necessarily demonic....

Any who, I'm gonna throw fifty likes onto Lucas being the first one to die. Not for any particular reason other than I see a lot of people starting to like him, and if I was the QM it would make me definitely move him to the top of the 'to kill' list.
An Angel's trapped here?

Poor thing. They're scary as hell, but they're ultimately well-meaning. If it is an angel, I hope we can free it and earn some points with the Big G himself.

-[X] Take a Picture.

[X] Go back upstairs. Just get out of the basement, you don't want to be here. You're sure everyone else will do the same.

An Angel's trapped here?

Poor thing. They're scary as hell, but they're ultimately well-meaning. If it is an angel, I hope we can free it and earn some points with the Big G himself.
Possibly. Or all the imagery is meant to keep something decidedly not angelic inside. Honestly, I'm just throwing ideas at the walls and seeing what sticks.

Here's one: in Revelations, the Four Living Creatures stand before the Throne of God. Now, I wonder where that door could lead...

Good thing no one voted to run, we would have died due to bear traps in the woods.
-[X] Take a Picture.

-[X] Take a Picture.

[X] Get out of the basement, you don't want to be here. Drag the rest of them with you, even Lucas. Especially Lucas.
-[X] Discuss getting back to camp. Eli and Danielle must be preoccupied with each other, so maybe you and Sierra can have another go at convincing them.

Going with Nevill's vote as it paves the way for us actually getting out of the house.

How does that work? Do I lose ratings when I lose? Do I get them when I win? Asking because there are actual forums that allow ratings betting.

But I guess here it's mostly 'promise to like the author if you lose, author will like your posts if you win' if it is even serious.

Whatever. Betting 100 likes and 5 funnies on Lucas. There's your incentive to kill him. Help yourself!
Truth be told, its all just for fun. :p

Originally I had the betting currency be Bison Dollars, but Hannz put down Likes so that was good enough. So really it has no meaning.

-[X] Take a Picture.

Some observations on the altars:

In Ezekiel, the cherubim are described as having four faces, that of a man, a lion, an eagle and an ox. These animals are also associated with the Evangelists, Matthew with a winged man, Mark with a winged lion, Luke with a winged ox, and John with an eagle.

I have no idea what it might mean, but it is interesting to see holy symbols in a place that otherwise seems so dark and demonic.

I have no idea what it might mean, but it is interesting to see holy symbols in a place that otherwise seems so dark and demonic.
Nothing surprising, really. They either serve as wards to control whatever is lurking here, or as summoning (?) tools - say, through a desecration of a holy symbol. Who knows how that stain got there?

By the way, I'm placing two likes on Eli and Danielle dying first, tbh. Romantic couples are the first to go because rarely do they pay attention to their surroundings. At least how currently the media has portrayed romantic couples in horror. It would be nice to have this sort of mold broken because after a while, usually people do place bets on the romantic couple because everyone and their pets know that it will happen like that, pretty much.

By the way, I'm placing two likes on Eli and Danielle dying first, tbh. Romantic couples are the first to go because rarely do they pay attention to their surroundings. At least how currently the media has portrayed romantic couples in horror. It would be nice to have this sort of mold broken because after a while, usually people do place bets on the romantic couple because everyone and their pets know that it will happen like that, pretty much.
Hope you guys make the right choices and don't let that cliche happen!

Speaking of betting, @Tyrell how much are you putting down?

Back