Magical Girl Home Base Quest

The purification room consumes more actions up front, though. Like, we know for a fact that Purification Room takes more actions to get online than any of the others.
"Actions" is ambiguous word. I am pretty sure that all of these buildings would, barring complications, only expend a single "what is your action for the week" action. I recall it being stated that the purifier will require more "there is something going on in the background" actions, so is an expenditure more equatable with time than with deed.

I feel like the workshops thing is well...

It's trying to build a bunch of factories before we have proper waste disposal set up.

And while I can understand the feeling of a necessity for such, it's still disgusting.

The purification room consumes more actions up front, though. Like, we know for a fact that Purification Room takes more actions to get online than any of the others.
"Actions" is ambiguous word. I am pretty sure that all of these buildings would, barring complications, only expend a single "what is your action for the week" action. I recall it being stated that the purifier will require more "there is something going on in the background" actions, so is an expenditure more equatable with time than with deed.
Purification doesn't take more actions. All of the three options take this one action to begin construction and then continue freely on the background. Only time we'd need to use action in any of them while they were under construction is if there were a critical failure rolled.

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by 7734 on Jul 22, 2020 at 11:26 AM, finished with 267 posts and 50 votes.
7734 threw 3 6-faced dice. Reason: Magical Girls in Area Total: 10
2 2 6 6 2 2
7734 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Reoccurring Magical Girls Total: 5
5 5
7734 threw 5 6-faced dice. Reason: Mission Successes (regulars) Total: 17
6 6 1 1 1 1 4 4 5 5
7734 threw 8 6-faced dice. Reason: Mission Successes (newbies) Total: 26
3 3 1 1 5 5 2 2 6 6 1 1 2 2 6 6
7734 threw 5 6-faced dice. Reason: Death Saves (newbies) Total: 15
1 1 5 5 2 2 5 5 2 2
7734 threw 10 10-faced dice. Reason: Intel Total: 60
8 8 5 5 9 9 9 9 8 8 1 1 4 4 9 9 2 2 5 5
7734 threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Great Work Progress Total: 3
3 3

Late night me bad at wordsing, but

Purifier is treating symptoms. Feels nice, but doesn't do anything for the root problems. More crafters means more items, more projects, more everything. Paternoster allows heavy equipment rooms to be installed on upper floors, don't have to waste time refurbishing more rooms to shuffle the girls on the first floor into so we can waste more time converting their old rooms into heavy equipment rooms.

The girls will keep for a bit. Some problems the purifier is supposed to fix are only issues because of the current overcrowding, which is only a thing because of the emergency. Emergency ends, pressure alleviates.

I don't agree with this at all.

For one thing, we are not going to get more crafters. We've been repeatedly told that's not happening. All it really will do is allow both Homer and Medicine Boy to work at magical stuff at the same time.

That's not a big enough advantage to pass on the Aura of Purification which will help with Jocelyn, and with healing and overcrowding which is one of our major issues, even when there isn't a crisis going on.

For one thing, we are not going to get more crafters. We've been repeatedly told that's not happening. All it really will do is allow both Homer and Medicine Boy to work at magical stuff at the same time.
Won't that mean that Homer can now advance his craft and create paper/parchment based magical spells and effects?
Having a shield or limiter to a peculiar type of magical damage could be just as effective in combat as a magical costume, even if its a one time burnable item.

Not to mention the frankly ridiculous amount of actual combat utility spells against the supernatural that are present in Asian cultures.
I can't be the only one who want's to see an origami bird talisman, with holy texts dive bomb into a demons mouth.

Well - I tried. I hope that we are able to use our chosen upgrade to the fullest - and I am going to fight you all with knives if you guys ignore future sanitation opportunities.

So time permitting I'm going to be putting up a word doc or something analyzing the updates and summarizing the results for easy access. Until further notice it will be view only for you guys. If anyone wants to help feel free to go through the updates and put together running threads of themes/actions/consequences now or in the future. I am not always the most observant so please - any help on this score would be quite useful.

It is worth noting that other crafters are already crafting. Ergo, getting them to move into our house doesn't actually increase the available goods on the market.

It is worth noting that other crafters are already crafting. Ergo, getting them to move into our house doesn't actually increase the available goods on the market.
It would allow for an easier exchange of materials received as payment for their work, as well as acquisition of materials needed for another project or custom order.
Thus leading to more work being done.

Also while each workshop might be separate, it does not exclude collaborative work on a greater whole. Which can also be achieved more easily with the ability to bounce ideas off each other in one common space.

Also, a roof over their heads and they'll know where their next meal is coming from.

I'm also assuming that living under a bridge limits how far one can develop one's workshop.

Do we actually know that they are living under a ditch? Our facilities are consistently described as less than amazing. I am not aware of any details on the living arrangements of any other crafters. Unless we let them use our workshop, we are basically just giving them a room to work in and a chance to combine clientele. Crafters seem to be sufficiently rare that there isn't really any competition for goods. With the right gear it should be pretty easy for a magical girl to steal enough assets to rent/buy somewhere to put a workshop, not to mention whatever other professions they could engage in and the wealth of some of their opponents. If a crafter wants to get rich, well, at least pay for the means to ply their craft and reliably pay their living expenses, it should be possible.

There is no guarantee, but I don't see magical item crafters having worse facilities than the mostly-cleared room that we can offer.

To most people, the auto shop would have looked long abandoned. Decrepit vines crawled over it, while the insides were filled with a soft gaslight. Four magical girls were sitting around inside, two asleep and two awake by the fire. Some small sound filtered out, the hum of the old treadle sewing machine and a crackle of the heater and light.
The section shows us what seems to be a set-up of a crafter duo.....
Our set-up seems like it has superior defences and setup, and with the current upgrade in progress, would make it easier for the duo to work.
Edit: One major point mentioned is how she needed to be very careful working in the same place as another crafter, and a mention of needing to charge the wards.
"Yeah, I know, don't cross the streams or you'll eat each other alive." Ramiel sighed. "Eiren and I only get along so well because we can alternate crafting times so we don't intersect, and even then I can't operate at my fullest potential with her around."
"Fucking hell, I will turn into a bird and lead you to Medicine Boy's joint to get you showered if that's what it takes. You know how much I hate turning into a bird." Elise griped.
"Anyway." Elise said, coughing. "You can probably trade stuff with him, and he does medical work too in case something happens."
"I should note I've only ever seen you pay rent all of twice." Eiren noted dryly while getting out a skillet to make breakfast in. "Lisa, how do the wards look?"

"We'll need to juice 'em in a few hours, but they'll hold. Do we still have eggs?"
Our medical work is apparently worthy of note along with the fact we have a shower.

Last edited:
NOTIFICATION OF SLOWDOWN
Hey, everybody. Since things went off the rails last time I had work throw a massive shitstorm at me and there's another one coming down the pike, I feel the honest response is to fully admit this will cause some severe delays, compounding my general exhaustion with writing what is currently a very high-tension arc's conclusion. I'm working on getting the next update staged, but frankly speaking this is going to be a bitch and a half to write. In addition, I'm starting a new quest to start playtesting a necessary commercial activity. I'm not going to say the H-word, but... consider this a fair warning. Things will be coming in slow.

Also, everyone, please go check my new quest out. The sooner I get it done and gone, the sooner I can get back to this.

Last edited:
Back