Lieutenant General Gundam

It was announced ages ago that the entire length of Twilight Axis is about an episode. It's not a series.

Maybe this is what happens when you make a single issue of a comic into an 'episode'. :V

I'm just guessing. It's just a short, low priority project - maybe they're trialling more web-based presentation. I believe it's something like 6 3m 'episodes' and a final 5m 'episode'.

I'd favour more short-run anthology stuff like IGLOO if they don't want to commit to large series, but it's good they're at least trying new things after being so conservative for so long.

I'm just guessing. It's just a short, low priority project - maybe they're trialling more web-based presentation. I believe it's something like 6 3m 'episodes' and a final 5m 'episode'.

I'd favour more short-run anthology stuff like IGLOO if they don't want to commit to large series, but it's good they're at least trying new things after being so conservative for so long.

So really it's more experimentation then? I guess I can get behind that.

This all just a test to see how badly they can fuck around with UC fanboys and how much shit they'll take before they stop buying gunpla.

This all just a test to see how badly they can fuck around with UC fanboys and how much shit they'll take before they stop buying gunpla.
How is this giving shit to UC fanboys? I'd imagine the vast majority of them don't even know it exists, and at worst there's a video they can watch on the can and a couple more kits on the market.

Surely Origin, with its wholesale changes to the story, would bother UC fanboys more. :V

it's not really any different than Gundam Evolve.
also, it lets them test the market without committing themselves.
if it works, it allows them to experiment with low outlay, which might let them be more adventurous with ideas.

Posting things stated onscreen? :V

I think it's great Thunderbolt is so bold with what it's doing. Not just the low key stuff like retconning in women to MSG, but the way it's recapitulating old ideas in new contexts. The character stuff is good, but it's things like the Earth Federation having autonomous states that get hijacked by newtypes they created to fight a war that's over that's the combination of novelty and honesty that works. The air of mystery around the state hints at way more complexity to the Federation than we've seen in this period, which is great.

A thumbnail and a ton of clips from poor old MSG is probably not a good place to start. At least there's narrative and emotional stuff there and not just pew pew pew how long is my space battleship.

How to get more people to watch the original MSG?

REMAKE IT

Seriously Sunrise, The Origin was good, but you have the ability and resources to remake Mobile Suit Gundam for a new audience. Give us the original TV series that extends upon what the movie trilogy did.

If you didn't notice, they started with a really focused Origin show, and quickly followed with another Origin show related to it. I'm sure they noticed how popular it was, and it just might not be practical to make a show of that quality for the whole book. That's a shame, because papering over MSG with a good show would be excellent - but at least they chose Char as the focus.

All the setting-important stuff in the story is reiterated elsewhere anyway; it's not necessary for anyone to watch MSG. At least Origin ditches most of the goofy stuff, but it's no longer the start of the story and it's certainly not the most compelling part of the story.

The original show is totally rad. Other side-stories convey parts of it better, and Origin makes parts of it more aesthetically coherent and sensible, but the ending of the original show is easily one of the best parts of the entire franchise. It's a basically perfect ending, which really elevates the whole show.

Back