Number3124

And 2016 may be worse...
SV needs its own general Gundam thread!

Here we go.

Let's kick it off. I know most of us like Gundam Build Fighters. If you were in the tournament what suit would you field? Here's mine. Alternatively, we can all get hyped for Mobile Suit Unicorn Gundam Episode 7!

The RX-93-Nu2 Hi-Nu Destroy-Kai Gundam

Take the Hi-Nu and put the SYSTEM Turn-A-99 Turn-A Gundam's Discontinuous Hyperoscillation Gauge Collapsing Pile power plant in it (artificial black hole) and the Turn-A's thrusters after tweaking them to undo the damage done by being encapsulated by sediment for so long. Couple that with full body psychoframe tech and the Nt-D system (as of Episode 6) from the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. Fuse that with the MEPE from the F91 Gundam (and of course those coolass cooling fins; maybe elongate them just for the hell of it). Also, repaint it with the original Nu Gundam's color scheme.

For weapons:
The F91's variable speed beam rifle package
8 Fin-Funnels

13 beam sabers (two mounted on backpack, one on top of each wrist, one in the palm of each hand, one on each elbow, one on each knee, one in each foot, and one in the forehead)

The RX-0's Beam Magnum fused with the MSN-06S Sinanju's Beam rifle fed power from the suit's reactor via direct link the the DHGCP through the suit's palms allowing the gun a machine gun like rate of fire without sacrificing power or accuracy.

A double-linked version of the Beam Gatling used by the Unicorn mounted on the left forearm which can fold up to the upper arms to allow the shield to mount on the left arm.

Use the Divider Shield from the GX-9901 DV Gundam X Divider. Equip it with a Beam Shield emitter from the Late UC.

Alter the mounting of the Fin-Funnels to make them appear more like wings and alter them to be used as boosters when attached.

Alter the Fin-Funnels to allow them to create beam shields in groups of three.

Add four chest mounted Vulcans and four head mounted Vulcans.

Mount additional turreted Vulcans for use as missile interceptors.

Add missile mounts to the arms and legs. Variable loadout includes anti-beam screens, high-explosive shaped-charge anti-mobile suit warheads, and multiple independent guided submuntion anti-missile warheads (IE, the first stage of the missile discards and launches five or six independently guided interceptor missiles that seek and destroy incoming missiles).

My GBF gunpla? Well, I'm kinda already ordering what I'd make it from in real life; but I'd make:

A 1/550 kitbash of both the α Azieru and the Neue Ziel; taking the shoulders, back and side flaps, and the long tail thruster along with the rest and put them on the alpha's body. That'd give it the following armament:

Weapons:
  • 10x mega particle cannons
    • 9x directional
    • 1x head-mounted
  • 2x 2 head vulcans
  • 4x large missile launchers
  • 24x small missile launchers
  • 2x wire-guided psycommu mega arms w/
    • 2x 5-barrel beam guns
  • 9x large funnels
  • 2x wire guided psycommu heavy claw arms w/
    • 2x mega particle cannons
    • 2x large scale beam sabers
  • 4x sub-arms w/
    • 4x mega particle cannons
    • 4x large scale beam sabers
Equipment:
  • psycommu system
  • 4x I-field generators
  • 2x external propellant tanks
  • head escape shuttle
Movement:
  • 3 main thrusters
  • 6 auxillary thrusters
  • 42 vernier thrusters

Basically; I'd be going in with a beast of war built around overwhelming firepower and being able to tank like a mo-fo. Also, ALL THE THRUSTERS. Weaknesses would probably be horrible fuel consumption; I'd probably actually run the risk of exhausting too many plasvisky particles, something that only came up in GBF canon with the trans-am. My future modifications would be the following:
  • upgrade to the 1/400 kits
  • incorporate a psychoframe...somehow...
  • add in parts of the 1/400 Queen Mansa (mainly more funnels and more mega particle cannons)
  • improve I-field tech, upgrade to the mansa's deflectors if not to absorbers (see below)
  • fuel efficiency and methods of plavisky particle generation and absorption; basically increase staying power
  • more missiles never hurt anyone
That's pretty much it; I don't know where to take it from there, but I'm not sure there'd need to be any additional work on it: it does exactly what I want it to. Be massive, attack with ALL THE THINGS!, and tank everything like a mobile armor's supposed to. Also, I spent way too much time mulling this over; but that's what happens on my days off from work, I guess.

Last edited:
My GBF gunpla? Well, I'm kinda already ordering what I'd make it from in real life; but I'd make:

A 1/550 kitbash of both the α Azieru and the Neue Ziel; taking the shoulders, back and side flaps, and the long tail thruster along with the rest and put them on the alpha's body. That'd give it the following armament:
-dakka-

And here I thought I had enough dakka...

Then again, I'm going for an MS. You're fielding an MA.

And here I thought I had enough dakka...

Then again, I'm going for an MS. You're fielding an MA.
Go big or go home man, go big or go home.

My backup gunpla would be the 1/100 Neo-Zeong; simply because there's not much customization I can do with it like I can with the 1/550 and 1/400 models. Well, not easily anyways. But it's still ECKSBAWKS HEUG and armed to the teeth so I'm happy. Plus, I get a Sinanju to play around with if it gets blown up!

Go big or go home man, go big or go home.

My backup gunpla would be the 1/100 Neo-Zeong; simply because there's not much customization I can do with it like I can with the 1/550 and 1/400 models. Well, not easily anyways. But it's still ECKSBAWKS HEUG and armed to the teeth so I'm happy. Plus, I get a Sinanju to play around with if it gets blown up!

Indeed.

I suppose the biggest problem with my unit would be... it probably would still be pretty slow considering how much stuff I'm piling on the RX-93's frame. It was never an incredibly fast unit for a newtype suit. The Turn-A kitbashing is supposed to fix that, but that's assuming I'm a good enough builder to coax Dark History performance out of her.

Indeed.

I suppose the biggest problem with my unit would be... it probably would still be pretty slow considering how much stuff I'm piling on the RX-93's frame. It was never an incredibly fast unit for a newtype suit. The Turn-A kitbashing is supposed to fix that, but that's assuming I'm a good enough builder to coax Dark History performance out of her.
Yeah, that would be a problem; unless you did get that level of performance with your building skills. Otherwise, you'd have to go with Plan B of upping it's endurance and defenses to compensate. Likewise; though I could probably get a metric fuckton of speed from the α Neue Azieru (my gunpla's new name), it probably wouldn't be all that agile all things considered, making the more manuverable and agile gunpla a problem if they're packing enough heat.

Man, this is sorta making me wanna run a GBF RP where everyone designs a gunpla and just chills in Gundam Valhalla. No real massive plot, just interaction, tournaments, rivals, and general fun stuff.

Mine would be Gundam AGE-1 Hard Crush, it's based on the Gundam AGE-1 Titus but with a Mazinger Z color scheme.

Weapons:
2x Beam Lariat
8x Shoulder mounted Beam Spikes
6x Beam Knee Spikes
2x Hyper Hammers
1x Hi Mega Launcher mounted in the chest
2x Crush Knuckle

It's main method of attack is close range melee and pro-wrestling style moves.

Signature Moves
Crush Lariat
Hyper Wizard (Shining Wizard)
Crush Knuckle (Rocket Punch based DRAGOON system)
Hyper Hammer Smash

Mine would be Gundam AGE-1 Hard Crush, it's based on the Gundam AGE-1 Titus but with a Mazinger Z color scheme.

Weapons:
2x Beam Lariat
8x Shoulder mounted Beam Spikes
6x Beam Knee Spikes
2x Hyper Hammers
1x Hi Mega Launcher mounted in the chest
2x Crush Knuckle

It's main method of attack is close range melee and pro-wrestling style moves.

Signature Moves
Crush Lariat
Hyper Wizard (Shining Wizard)
Crush Knuckle (Rocket Punch based DRAGOON system)
Hyper Hammer Smash

An AGE suit? Surprising.

Oh, I'm attempting to watch Gundam Wing. It's disappointing. A lot of people who recommended it to me were talking about the complex politics and how, if you like politics you'll like Wing. Except the politics are... absurdly simplistic. They could be summed up as, "but the nice lady told us Oz was peaceful!" "Yeah!! We like peace." "We're all wearing out allegiances on our sleeves. Nothing could possibly go wrong!"

I was expecting politicking. Backroom dealings. Fluid political landscapes. Instead I get a fifteen year-old's idea of politics. Gundam 00 did a better job of politics than Wing.

This would be my beginner unit:

RX-0C Unicorn Gundam Chevalier
  • NT-D System
  • Full-Body Psychoframe
  • 2 x I-Field Arm Shields
  • 2 x Head Vulcans
  • 4 x Beam Sabers
  • 1 x ReZEL Beam Rifle w/ sniper scope and beam bayonet (right arm)
  • 2 x Beam Gatling Guns (left arm)
  • 6 x Fin Funnels

Alternatively, I'd go for something like this:

NZ-666T Kshatriya Typhoon
  • Psychoframe
  • I-Field Generator
  • 2 x Machine Cannons (chest)
  • 4 x 60mm Vulcan Turrets (upper wings)
  • 12 x Mega Particle Cannons (4 on the chest, 8 on the wings)
  • 6 x Beam Sabers
  • 40 Stark Jegan Missile Tubes (20 on each forward wing, 10 on the inner side, 10 on the outside)
  • 12 Fin Funnels (6 on each rear wing, 3 on the inner side, 3 on the outside)

This would be my beginner unit:

RX-0C Unicorn Gundam Chevalier
  • NT-D System
  • Full-Body Psychoframe
  • 2 x I-Field Arm Shields
  • 2 x Head Vulcans
  • 4 x Beam Sabers
  • 1 x ReZEL Beam Rifle w/ sniper scope and beam bayonet (right arm)
  • 2 x Beam Gatling Guns (left arm)
  • 6 x Fin Funnels

Alternatively, I'd go for something like this:

NZ-666T Kshatriya Typhoon
  • Psychoframe
  • I-Field Generator
  • 2 x Machine Cannons (chest)
  • 4 x 60mm Vulcan Turrets (upper wings)
  • 12 x Mega Particle Cannons (4 on the chest, 8 on the wings)
  • 6 x Beam Sabers
  • 40 Stark Jegan Missile Tubes (20 on each forward wing, 10 on the inner side, 10 on the outside)
  • 12 Fin Funnels (6 on each rear wing, 3 on the inner side, 3 on the outside)

I want to see both of those animated. NOW!!!

Weeeellllll, there's the machine that I designed(well other people threw in suggestions but it's generally been me doing all the work on it) for the Gundam Builder Quest that we'll soon start construction on.

(Image not mine)

Model number: OZ-13MS-G
Code name: Shining God Epyon
Unit type: Close combat assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: Orimura Ichika
Operator(s): Orimura Ichika
First deployment: N/A
Armor materials: gundanium alloy, anti-beam coating
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Epyon System Combat Computer(Zero System); Hyper Mode; BGM System; internal radiators w/ exhaust vents in the shoulders, chest and legs; metal
Powerplant: Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor
Propulsion: Minovsky Drive System "Wings of Light" thrusters x2 located in "Dragon's Edge" wing system; Vernier Thrusters
Fixed armaments:
4x Vulcan Guns mounted in head
2x Shining Shot beam cannons; mounted in shoulders
2x variable length beam sword, directly powered by generator via cable, stored in rack on hip armor, hand-carried in use
2x God Slasher, stored in forearms(required for Bakunetsu God Finger)
2x Hand Beam Cannons(used for Choukyuu Haou Den'eidan ,Juuni Ouhouha and Sekiha Tenkyoken)
2x Master Cloth emitters mounted in wrists
2x beam saber emitters embedded in knees
"Dragon's Edge" Wing System containing 12x "Dragon's Fang" bits(6 per wing); sharpened bottom edge, internal radiators w/ exhaust vents

Special Attacks: Bakunetsu God Finger; Bakunetsu God Slash; Sekiha Tenkyoken; Bushin Sapou God Shadow; God Slash Typhoon; God Field Dash; Choukyuu Haou Den'eidan

Optional fixed armaments: "Dragon Scale" shield, mounted on left forearm containing beam shield emitter; metal lining; mounts "Dragon's Tail" Heat Rod, retractable(doubles as heat radiator when extended)

Optional hand armaments: "Dragon's Claw" blade stored on left hip; anti-beam coating; Beam Magnum Pistol stored on right hip; Beam Magnum Rifle w/ fire selector(focused and spreadshot); metal barrel lining; stored on lower back.

Why yes, it is absolutely absurd and overpowered, why do you ask?:D

Have any of you watched ZZ Gundam? I've seen bits and pieces of it, but I recently decided to give it a go, and it's a lot better than I remember it being. That said, this is post Gundam SEED, so it might just be that it's better than where the bar got moved.

Have any of you watched ZZ Gundam? I've seen bits and pieces of it, but I recently decided to give it a go, and it's a lot better than I remember it being. That said, this is post Gundam SEED, so it might just be that it's better than where the bar got moved.
I haven't; honestly I've lost track of Gundam until around 00 and Build Fighters so now that I've landed a new job with plenty of free time I'm open to any suggestions of series to watch and re-watch.

I haven't; honestly I've lost track of Gundam until around 00 and Build Fighters so now that I've landed a new job with plenty of free time I'm open to any suggestions of series to watch and re-watch.

Cool. Here's my recs, sorted by recommended watching order for each universe:

UC
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
This started it all. This is the best place to begin any watching of the UC. The animation is dated, and the show is flawed, but hey, you'll need to know all of this to fully appreciate the rest of the UC. Watch it dubbed or subbed.
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
This is the show that actually got me hooked on Gundam. The mobile suit design is fantastic, the characters are great, and it's one of the few Gundams with a tolerable romance subplot. Watch it dubbed.
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
A good show. It's only six episodes. It's not my favorite of the OYW, but it does make its point very well, and there are a lot of great characters. This is also the beginning of Zeon fanboism in the writer base, but hey, Burnie was cool. Watch it dubbed or subbed.
Mobile Suit 0083: Stardust Memory
Watch this show for the action and story. Try to repress all memories of Nina Purpleton. If you can do that, you'll love this show. The dub is very good.
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Best Gundam TV Series is best. Watch it.
Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam
Still watching it. Can't say for sure.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
I could recommend this movie with no reservations at all except for the fact that it wastes half it's screen time on a subplot that is absolutely pointless. It's still good. Watch it subbed though. You can tell that the dubbing group was still very raw.
Mobile Suit Unicorn Gundam
Good god yes!!!! Everything about this show is amazing.
Mobile Suit F91 Gundam
The movie itself isn't that great, but the F91 is a sweet ass Gundam and its fights are very entertaining. Subs are your best bet for this one.
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
It's depressing, it has some pacing problems at times, and the animation is bad for its age because Tomino cut shading to squeeze out enough episodes to tell the story. It's still really good. The story is tight, and good god the feels by the end. There is no dub.

AC
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Haven't finished it yet.
AW
Mobile Suit Gundam X
I really love this show. Everything works on it. The fights are entertaining and suspenseful. The drama is well done. The characters are likable. Too bad we never got it in the US. Watch it.
CC

Mobile Suit Turn-A Gundam
I haven't actually finished this one, but I would definitely recommend it based on what I have seen of it.​

CE
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Bad Gundam. Don't shit all over the place and tell me I'm supposed to like it. Bad Gundam.
...fuck this show. Don't watch it.
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
If it's half as bad as it's predecessor it needs to die in a fire. Needless to say, I never watched this show, and I never will.
AD
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
The first season was good. Really good. The second season just fell apart. Good characters went to shit. It had a romance subplot with one of the pilots that came out of no where with no build up and was over as soon as it started. The sound track was meh. The dub was good though.
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazers
Ugh... why does this have to exist? Bad. Much bad, very terrible, so disappointing.
AG
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Contrary to popular belief, this show does not exist. That's the best I can say on the matter.
Gundam Build Fighters
Yes. This show is fun. It's just a lot of well animated Gundam fights basically. It's only subbed though.​

Cool. Here's my recs, sorted by recommended watching order for each universe:
Cool, thanks for the list; grew up on G Gundam and Gundam Wing which was...interesting to say the least. Jumping back and forth from a series with messages on pacisfism to THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED! probably didn't do my poor, impressionable, child brain too many favors...

Can't help but notice the lack of G Gundam...

:p

I got 19 out of 20. Knew I was going to forget one. Thanks for reminding me, even if it was one of the ones I haven't yet watched.

Hey Aseum was actually interesting as a character! :mad:
Super Pirate Aseum was even better!

Yes, but you can't deny that the plot and most of the characters went to shit. You also can't deny that the female characters fell into three categories that seemed to take a note from SEED as far as institutionalizing sexism.

1. Baby makers for the next generation of protagonists
2. Dying to provide motivation to the protagonist
3. Getting killed off just as soon as they start thinking for themselves.

Cool, thanks for the list; grew up on G Gundam and Gundam Wing which was...interesting to say the least. Jumping back and forth from a series with messages on pacisfism to THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED! probably didn't do my poor, impressionable, child brain too many favors...

lol

I was introduced through 0079 so I am, just a slight bit, inclined to UC elitism, but I like to think I keep it from getting too far out of hand. Also, you'll notice, I rave over Gundam X. It's in my top three.

Yes, but you can't deny that the plot and most of the characters went to shit. You also can't deny that the female characters fell into three categories that seemed to take a note from SEED as far as institutionalizing sexism.

1. Baby makers for the next generation of protagonists
2. Dying to provide motivation to the protagonist
3. Getting killed off just as soon as they start thinking for themselves.
You forgot being a glorified chauffeur for Flit. :p

If you have to watch AGE, watch Memory of Eden. Granted the only thing I deem watchable is Asemu's arc so yeah.

lol

I was introduced through 0079 so I am, just a slight bit, inclined to UC elitism, but I like to think I keep it from getting too far out of hand. Also, you'll notice, I rave over Gundam X. It's in my top three.
Yeah, I somehow ended up as a pacifist who glorifies and revels in the joys of conflict; I can't bring myself to throw a punch or start a fight physically but I'm always game for pissing someone off to make one break out or being caught in the middle of one and applying self-defense. Hypocrisy at it's finest!:p

But more on topic; I'll probably start watching the original series followed by Unicorn and X.

Back