Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

AlI the SI fanfics has me debating one of the Kancolle ships finding herself in Strangereal. Or I could develop the Erusean Kanmusu Fleet idea. The new DLC mission has a bunch of named characters I could use.

Also, that meme that made the rounds a while back about Gotland gaslighting people into believing she's been there the whole time...what if she's secretly a Time Lord from Doctor Who?

Doctor Land
Doc. Land
Gotland

Idea for a possible quest; you are the Chief Admiral of the Navy in (insert nation here) in the very beginning of the Abyssal war and you have to fight off the Abyssals without the aid of ship girls.

Though I suppose a possible late game or sequel quest could deal with the arrival of ship girls.

Sadly I have neither the franchise or naval knowledge I think I would need to run the quest, at least not without a good sized gaggle of researchers, fact-checkers, or subject experts (or at least enthusiasts). So if anyone wants to steal, go right ahead.

Last edited:
Idea for a possible quest; you are the Chief Admiral of the Navy in (insert nation here) in the very beginning of the Abyssal war and you have to fight off the Abyssals without the aid of ship girls.

Though I suppose a possible late game or sequel quest could deal with the arrival of ship girls.

Sadly I have neither the franchise or naval knowledge I think I would need to run the quest, at least not without a good sized gaggle of researchers, fact-checkers, or subject experts (or at least enthusiasts). So if anyone wants to steal, go right ahead.
Well, I have no idea how to run a quest, but I know my Naval stuff and Kantai Collection, so if you wanna team up...

Well, I have no idea how to run a quest, but I know my Naval stuff and Kantai Collection, so if you wanna team up...
Sure, I'd love to! I'm currently at a course until mid-December, but after that I'm basically free until whenever I can get a job. And while I have a free interest in naval and maritime matters, and Kancolle is a light interest to me, I freely admit I lack any real understanding of the nitty gritty. Especially when it comes to ship technology.

Honestly, to me using the setting, but not the Kanmusu seems to leave out the best part of it. No, not the waifus. The fact that in this setting, when humanity's darkest hour came and we were driven from the seas and the skies, the spirits of our creations shattered the walls of space and time and tore open the veil between life and death to come to our aid. And told physics to fuck off in the process.

This just really feels like Modern Military Masturbation to a Fantastic setting.
It's so boring and pretty much could just as easily be without it being Kancolle at all.

Honestly, to me using the setting, but not the Kanmusu seems to leave out the best part of it. No, not the waifus. The fact that in this setting, when humanity's darkest hour came and we were driven from the seas and the skies, the spirits of our creations shattered the walls of space and time and tore open the veil between life and death to come to our aid. And told physics to fuck off in the process.
Not wrong, and it might just be me and my fondness for stories where it's the average joe who has to step up and put the weight of the world off of Atlas' shoulders.

Everyman Joe having nothing but his M4 and Kevlar fighting against literal demons of the sea risen up from the depths just... has some sort of appeal to me.

This just really feels like Modern Military Masturbation to a Fantastic setting.
It's so boring and pretty much could just as easily be without it being Kancolle at all.
I mean the only thing you've seen of it is the literal elevator pitch, so I'm not sure what assumptions you're working off of. The main idea of the quest being how well or how hard can you lose before the shipgirls get pulled out? A sort of "come have a go if you think you're hard enough" Dark Soulsie challenge to it. Which, I freely admit, does not appeal to everyone, but nothing ever does. The quest would most likely be in the vein of a Grand-Stratagy game rather than an RTS. So I'm terms of "Modern Military Masturbation" I don't think that would be an issue. At least, no more than the "WW2 Military Masturbation" inherent in most Kancolle derived fiction.

Last edited:
Not wrong, and it might just be me and my fondness for stories where it's the average joe who has to step up and put the weight of the world off of Atlas' shoulders.

Everyman Joe having nothing but his M4 and Kevlar fighting against literal demons of the sea risen up from the depths just... has some sort of appeal to me.

I mean the only thing you've seen of it is the literal elevator pitch, so I'm not sure what assumptions you're working off of. The main idea of the quest being how well or how hard can you lose before the shipgirls get pulled out. A sort of "come have a go if you think you're hard enough" Dark Soulsie challenge to it. Which, I freely admit, does not appeal to everyone, but nothing ever does. The quest would most likely be in the vein of a Grand-Stratagy game rather than an RTS. So I'm terms of "Modern Military Masturbation" I don't think that would be an issue. At least, no more than the inherent "WW2 Military Masturbation" inherent in most Kancolle derived fiction.
Some of the better stories find ways to combine them. Look at Belated Battleships for example. You have steel hulls fighting side by side with shipgirls, marines holding Pearl against abyssal infantry, the Chinese Navy's last stand where they spent every ship and plane they had to buy time to evacuate their coastal regions, US Airforce heavy bombers joining New Jersey and Musashi in the attack on the Abyssal Project Habakuk and Tosa.

Sure, I'd love to! I'm currently at a course until mid-December, but after that I'm basically free until whenever I can get a job. And while I have a free interest in naval and maritime matters, and Kancolle is a light interest to me, I freely admit I lack any real understanding of the nitty gritty. Especially when it comes to ship technology.
Sounds good to me. I'll talk more in the PM you sent.

Some of the better stories find ways to combine them. Look at Belated Battleships for example. You have steel hulls fighting side by side with shipgirls, marines holding Pearl against abyssal infantry, the Chinese Navy's last stand where they spent every ship and plane they had to buy time to evacuate their coastal regions, US Airforce heavy bombers joining New Jersey and Musashi in the attack on the Abyssal Project Habakuk and Tosa.

When your case of "A good Example" is that dumpster fire you're only proving my point!

So...I'm thinking I'll go ahead with Alicorn winding up in Kantai Collection. Details are sketchy concerning ALicorn herself until the third mission comes out, but ATM I have some stats for her.

Name, Class and AffiliationAlicornSuper-Scinfaxi ClassEx-Erusean Military
DimensionsLength: 495 MetresBeam: 116 MetresHeight: 54 Metres
ArmamentsUnknown amount of VLS Launchers and CIWSTwo big RailgunsOne Bigger Railgun
Aircraft8x F-4EsAt least 4 Rafale MsUAVs
Speed42 Knots (Surfaced)37 Knots (Submerged)Cruising Speed: 26 Knots
Fleet Members/MindersUnknownUnknownUnknown
Resource ConsumptionA lot.Seriously, a lot.Ooyodo will cry.
Notable FairiesCaptain TorresCommand Duty OfficerThe Cowboys
The reason Alicorn has Glamrock Squadron is because, while Glamrock wasn't really affiliated with Alicorn's radical crew, their fame as old Erusean pilots and their demise defending Alicorn merged during the transport, causing Alicorn to arrive with them in tow. The reason she also has minders on Earth is because due to her shady history in Strangereal which she revealed during debriefing, the fleet will only let her sortie if she has people keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't go off the rails.

Is there anything I should think about during preparation, guys?

Summing up news for the upcoming event this weekend:

New event will be set in the Indonesian theater, with confirmed: Houston and a new IJA ship, Shinshuumaru, a demi-LHD drawn by Parsley.

Next-time limited sea [advance! ] The second operation [Operation Southern], in the previous stage strategy, it is also possible to say that the Northampton-class heavy cruiser [Houston] that fought as the ABDA fleet! Cv in charge of the new ship daughter, nice voice actor of the first participation of "Ship this" has breathed life. Admirals who plan to participate in the operation, stay tuned!
Houston will be voiced by a debuting VA.

Shinshuumaru teaser:

The event will have four maps in the early part, with Shinshuumaru being the E4 reward.

Summing up news for the upcoming event this weekend:

New event will be set in the Indonesian theater, with confirmed: Houston and a new IJA ship, Shinshuumaru, a demi-LHD drawn by Parsley.

Houston will be voiced by a debuting VA.

Shinshuumaru teaser:

The event will have four maps in the early part, with Shinshuumaru being the E4 reward.

Admirals everywhere:

Plus, she has a lot of Daihatsus on her so landing operations fairies have their time to shine.

The new ships:

Houston.

Perth.

De Ruyter.

Shinshuumaru.

New Abyssal Boss, seems to be named Batavia Hime.

New Ne-class heavy cruiser variant.

The four event ships' voicelines has been translated.

Perth

Light Cruisers (CL) are very flexible, utilizing Medium Caliber Main Guns, Torpedoes, Recon Seaplane Recons, and ASW equipment, and having strong torpedo , ASW , and "night attack power " stats.

Houston

Heavy Cruisers (CA) are relatively flexible, utilizing Medium Caliber Main Guns, Torpedoes, and Recon Seaplane Recons, and having strong firepower , torpedo , and "night attack power " stats, but no ASW.

Shinshuu Maru

Amphibious Assault Ships (LHA) are mostly used for an Anti-Installation role, notably utilizing "Landing Equipment".

De Ruyter

Light Cruisers (CL) are very flexible, utilizing Medium Caliber Main Guns, Torpedoes, Recon Seaplane Recons, and ASW equipment, and having strong torpedo , ASW , and "night attack power " stats.

Back