Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

Well, for the Colorado class battleship, we got the music artist right, just not the song. Instead of Country Roads, it's Rocky Mountain High.

One, what is that clock thing of Colorado's? And two...

Does anyone else get a sort of maid vibe from Fletcher?

Those clocks are range/direction clocks on old battleships, they're used to communicate to ships on either side of the battle line IIRC.[/QUOTE]

The clocks are "Concentration Dials" according to this:

range finder on dreadnaughts - The Patriot Files Forums

These large 'clocks' are commonly called range clocks, though the British called them concentration dials. Developed towards the end of WWI, they were part of a system to concentrate the fire of several ships onto the same target.

In the days before WWII, the most accepted formation for battleships was the line of battle, where ships would line up nose to tail and fire broadsides at the enemy. The British found that due to the poor visibility in the North Sea, further hampered by funnel and gunfire smoke, it was fairly rare for all the ships in the line of battle to actually see the enemy. So large dials resembling clock faces were added to the front of the fore mast, and to the rear of the main mast, trainable to 30 degrees off center. These clock faces were solid white disks (though a couple of ships had open centers) with black numbers from 0-9. Similar to a clock, there was a short hand and a long hand; the short hand was blue with a diamond at the end, and the long hand was red with a circle at the end.

Once a ship found the range to the target, it would display the range on the dials, with one hand indicating thousands of yards + 10,000, and the other hundreds of yards. So if both hands were on the 1, the range to target was 11,100 yards. Hash marks, called bearing indicators, were painted on the main gun turrets, giving observers the angle to target. With the range and bearing data from the ship in front or behind them to feed into their range keeping tables (fire control computers to us Yanks), and the proper adjustments made for the distance between the ships, their location in formation, etc, the gunnery officers on a battleship could target their guns on an enemy they could not see with a fair degree of accuracy. They could then pass the information on to the next ship in line, allowing the entire battle line to concentrate fire on an unseen enemy.

These range clocks were fitted to British, American, Brazilian, and French battleships and cruisers. However, as first radio communication, and then radio-equipped spotting aircraft allowed for the instant and accurate transfer of targeting information, these clocks were phased out. By the dawn of WWII, only a few ships still had them, mostly the older American dreadnoughts. As each went into the yard for a refit, the clocks were removed.

EDIT: NEW ABYSSAL PRINCESS

Last edited:
Ooooooooh boy.
That Johnston is not at all looking like i would imagine her.

The USN DD lineup has been amazing. Colorado is their first design which is bad

Did an Azur Lane Cleveland class sneak in a steal BB rigging as a joke? Or did they grab someone to do the most generic BB possible

As an odd aside, I've started watching Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-San and an idea came to me... Does anyone think that Senko and Ikazuchi are very similar in personality and the like? What with Senko stating that it is her job to pamper Kurato, and Ikazuchi stating that the Admiral should rely on her for everything?

Can you imagine the two meeting?

I haven't watched it yet, however, I predict headpats. Lots of Headpats.

You can hear how fluffy her tail is although with Azur Lane the question is who has the softest and fluffiest tail

Hey guys, I'm doing fics although I have no title but I have several chapters made; the synopsis is the following

On December 7, 1941, the Halsey Admiral Fleet returns from the wake island leaving the Wildcat detachment on the way back to Pearl Harbor, a person stained with destroyer in the middle of the water when rescuing and uploading companies, she had a dress like a strange team, she had nothing to identify her, just a code on her clothes CVN-80

And I'm sorry incoherence my English is not my native language

Hey guys, I'm doing fics although I have no title but I have several chapters made; the synopsis is the following

On December 7, 1941, the Halsey Admiral Fleet returns from the wake island leaving the Wildcat detachment on the way back to Pearl Harbor, a person stained with destroyer in the middle of the water when rescuing and uploading companies, she had a dress like a strange team, she had nothing to identify her, just a code on her clothes CVN-80

And I'm sorry incoherence my English is not my native language

It would be interesting, and I'm sure there's plenty of English speakers here who would be happy to help out if you want it!

E-80:GRANDMOTHER! *Hugs the Seventh Enterpise Of The US Navy*

E-6:*Is hugged by the Ninth Enterprise Of The US Navy. Stammering* W-What? I'm not even a mom yet! How can I be your grandmother?!

Last edited:
The modern E could probably sink the entire Kido Butai on her own, and there's nothing the IJN can do about it.

The modern E could probably sink the entire Kido Butai on her own, and there's nothing the IJN can do about it.

Hell, 6 did it basically, with the exception of Sōryū, AFAIK, Of course a modern E could do it, with less pain and loss of sib-*Is beat up by angry Carriers*

CV-6 wasn't doing it singlehandedly. She had fleetmates with her, some of which died in those battles while she lived on.

I have 14 chapters done if you want I can cast first although saying still missing some retouching as well as lack of spelling as a match for eat some words

I have 14 chapters done if you want I can cast first although saying still missing some retouching as well as lack of spelling as a match for eat some words

Hey, don't worry, English is my first language(and currently, only other than the few words I know in Spanish, German, French and Japanese) and I still screw up when writing.

Last edited:
Back