Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

Kanmusu Bachelorette: Tenryuu Edition
To think it all started with a set of permission slips needing to be signed by a 'parent or guardian' for the Destroyer line girls normal school field trip, for most Destroyers that meant going straight to the Admiral, for Des Div 6? Their first instinct was Tenryuu and 'unfortunately' for the poor Light Cruiser there were enough shipgirls around to here Tatsuta's teasing comment about how Tenryuu's charges see her that the little 'fact' spread throughout the base leading to shenanigans that could only be described as DESS!

From hijinks filled blind dates to nervous base servicemen to male celebrities, Tenryuu was thrown into a typhoon of romance that would find her starring in Japan's first Kanmusu Bachelorette T.V. program, will the competing men be both badass enough for her while having all the qualities she admittedly does look for in a father for the Akatsuki sisters? Will secret talents that she was hiding be exposed on international television? Will Ashigara hijack the show for her own troubled love life? Will Kongou hijack the show to finally get her Teitoku to accept her BURNING LOVE? Will Hiei and Isokaze poison the crew with their cooking?

Thought and improvements?

Give me some time to consider any 'improvements'. For now, I just say this idea MUST be acted on! Any man volunteering to compete for Tenryuu's hand must already be strong in self confidence. That's for sure. Rejected candidates will be given 'permission to disembark' and piped off the set. (Assuming their disqualification did not already result in a much more energetic dismissal)

To think it all started with a set of permission slips needing to be signed by a 'parent or guardian' for the Destroyer line girls normal school field trip, for most Destroyers that meant going straight to the Admiral, for Des Div 6? Their first instinct was Tenryuu and 'unfortunately' for the poor Light Cruiser there were enough shipgirls around to here Tatsuta's teasing comment about how Tenryuu's charges see her that the little 'fact' spread throughout the base leading to shenanigans that could only be described as DESS!

From hijinks filled blind dates to nervous base servicemen to male celebrities, Tenryuu was thrown into a typhoon of romance that would find her starring in Japan's first Kanmusu Bachelorette T.V. program, will the competing men be both badass enough for her while having all the qualities she admittedly does look for in a father for the Akatsuki sisters? Will secret talents that she was hiding be exposed on international television? Will Ashigara hijack the show for her own troubled love life? Will Kongou hijack the show to finally get her Teitoku to accept her BURNING LOVE? Will Hiei and Isokaze poison the crew with their cooking?

I could've sworn that Sasahara proposed this at some point back. I'm getting massive feelings of deja vù here.

I could've sworn that Sasahara proposed this at some point back. I'm getting massive feelings of deja vù here.
Sasahara probably did make an idea similar to this so time back but this is actually a repost from SB just with a pic added :p

Give me some time to consider any 'improvements'. For now, I just say this idea MUST be acted on! Any man volunteering to compete for Tenryuu's hand must already be strong in self confidence. That's for sure. Rejected candidates will be given 'permission to disembark' and piped off the set. (Assuming their disqualification did not already result in a much more energetic dismissal)
@Sheo Darren was originally going to write this but Life got in the way in every way possible.

Well, first of all, Desdiv 6 has to be involved in this clusterfuck somehow.

Perhaps they're the ones vetting the dudes applying?

Well, first of all, Desdiv 6 has to be involved in this clusterfuck somehow.

Perhaps they're the ones vetting the dudes applying?

This whole idea in general reminds me of that scene in *Merchant of Venice* when various princes are competing for the hand of Lady Portia. Except...combine it with I Survived a Japanese Game Show. With shipgirls hosting.

Not much of a fan of Tenryuu, but it would be amusing to see an emergency ward (and a counter for the bottom right of the screen) for all of the victims who had the misfortune of eating Hiei's cooking.

Not much of a fan of Tenryuu, but it would be amusing to see an emergency ward (and a counter for the bottom right of the screen) for all of the victims who had the misfortune of eating Hiei's cooking.
That would be a tad too cruel to be a lighthearted kind of funny, i think.

That would be a tad too cruel to be a lighthearted kind of funny, i think.
Due note that it's not just Hiei.....it's Hiei and Isokaze.....the only person who enjoyed the food was the Emperor since he was visiting that day.

Admiral returns to his abandoned Base after three years in a world where the Abyssals are defeated. Ship Girls come out of their cold sleep controlled by Abyssal Hive Mind. Admiral must now uncover the Base's secrets and find the source of infection. While running from the Ship Girls he once worked with and stop the Abyssals from returning.

:V

This is an interesting visual example; it has significantly more ship-parts than baseline Kaga but the superficial shape is still the same.

Note the padding on her arm, and the flightdeck is more complex than just a piece of board strapped to her upper arm. There are also elements of the bridge tower on the bow.

This is an interesting visual example; it has significantly more ship-parts than baseline Kaga but the superficial shape is still the same.

Note the padding on her arm, and the flightdeck is more complex than just a piece of board strapped to her upper arm. There are also elements of the bridge tower on the bow.
The padding is rolled mattresses. The IJN used to lash them to the island during battle for additional blast and shrapnel protection.

I had the idea at one point for a kancolle detective story centered around the USS California BB-44 along with the USS New Mexico as the owners slash main detectives. The nuclear cruisers California and Bainbridge as the secretary and tech and field support. The whole thing would have the air of the classic private eye as that is what Cali and Nancy are familiar with. They also handle repos to make ends meet.

What a beautiful picture.

For those of you wondering what the group was that had the freighter and tanker girls out on the dance floor last night, it was Apparat Organ Quartet.

That's... I mean, this game has had vaguely sexual themes from day one, what with the clothing damage, but that...

Why is the black haired one mooning us? Also, what's with the masks? They subs or something?

That's... I mean, this game has had vaguely sexual themes from day one, what with the clothing damage, but that...

Why is the black haired one mooning us? Also, what's with the masks? They subs or something?

They are almost certainly subs. With certain exceptions all Abyssal SS wore SCUBA masks, and the Abyssal beasts may represent the submarine tenders.

Back