Time to see the internet break under the weight of stone ocean memes.

THE TIME FOR [HEAVEN] HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!

How long was it between the announcement of each new part and the premiere? I'm trying to figure out whether to expect the new season in '21 or '22.

And on Easter no less. The only way it could be more appropriate is if this were part 7. Anyway: PART 6 HYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

So I just had a thought that I wanted to share. What if The World's power WASN'T to stop time?

We see Dio's acquisition of a stand causing the Joestar family to all try to develop Stands right? And killing him causes those who would die from their stands to stop being killed by them. We are told this is because he's in Johnathan's body and because Johnothan's body has a stand his kids are developing stands as well, but what if that isn't the case? After all, we never see this happen in other stand user families after this... In part 3, Dio uses two distinct stand abilities, the power to stop time, and the power to mimic Hermit Purple, both of which just so happen to match the stands of his active stand using blood connections...

Now for the theory, what if The World's power is actually to activate the stands of anyone Dio's body is related to, and copy any abilities that manifest? It would explain quite a bit in my opinion, and it seems like a fitting power for someone like Dio to develop...

So I just had a thought that I wanted to share. What if The World's power WASN'T to stop time?

We see Dio's acquisition of a stand causing the Joestar family to all try to develop Stands right? And killing him causes those who would die from their stands to stop being killed by them. We are told this is because he's in Johnathan's body and because Johnothan's body has a stand his kids are developing stands as well, but what if that isn't the case? After all, we never see this happen in other stand user families after this... In part 3, Dio uses two distinct stand abilities, the power to stop time, and the power to mimic Hermit Purple, both of which just so happen to match the stands of his active stand using blood connections...

Now for the theory, what if The World's power is actually to activate the stands of anyone Dio's body is related to, and copy any abilities that manifest? It would explain quite a bit in my opinion, and it seems like a fitting power for someone like Dio to develop...

Pucci and his twin brother both develop stands when pucci is pierced by the arrow.

So does anyone watch Hamon Beat? YouTuber that discovers the themes of the series and debunks series misconceptions.

The fact he's so freaking calm throughout his videos is really something.

From what I heard, The World was DIO's stand and it had the power to stop time. The Hermit Purple-like Stand was Johnathan's Stand.

This is the case yes.

All hamon users get a hermit purple-esque stand.

You could even say that Hermit purple is what the Ripple looks like to a Stand user.

Or perhaps you could say That what Pearl Jam is to Cooking, Cinderella is to Cosmetology, or Ball Breaker is to the Spin, Hermit Purple is to Hamon.

this explains some shit, like tonpetti's ability to predict people's future, or that one time Lisa Lisa used the ripple to read Susie Q's mind (something Joseph has done with Hermit Purple as well)

Hermit purple may manifest different abilities for different hamon users... but they are all, as Jotaro put it, The same kind of stand.

Last edited:

That's also my head canon

Back