JainaQuest, giving SV voters control of Jaina in the Warcraft 3 era

What quest would you guys like as my secondary one (will update sporadically)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning San. I do not particularly care if the diplomacy fails to hire the ogres. My main goals are to convince the ogres to leave. They are not our current problem.

Furthermore, even if they attack immediately, the tactics of holding a defensive line, keeping a few footmen in reserve, and sniping the ogres with magic is still viable.

I will add a section about both groups of apprentices prioritizing the Ogre Lord and mages if they come into range.
wait... how close are you trying to get exactly? just the distance upon where they can hear you shouting if you strain your voice, or closer to where they can hear you regularly shouting? Or even closer to the point of near talking distance? because this fight could go very differently at each range. (and yes the fight is going to happen, the singular only way i can see you having a shot at getting the ogres to back down is if you roll a crit, and even then thats only a maybe. gl though.)

sooo ummm thats two votes so far for...... I am gonna need a few more before I can write the next chapter guys

Enemy Encyclopaedia (lists all enemies you have fought and their stats.)
Creeps/Neutrals/Mercenaries
level 3 unit
HP: 23
Mana: 0
DPT: 3 (physical, melee)
armor: 0
Magic Resistance: 0
Moral: 12
Speed: 10
level 5 unit
HP: 34
Mana: 10
DPT: 5 (physical, melee)
Magic resistance: 1
Moral: 15

Spell: Bloodlust: cost 5 mana, increases up to 3 allies DPT by 50%, can only use once per turn and can still use full DPT if used.
level 5 warrior hero unit
HP: 62
Mana: 16
DPT: 8.5 (Chaos, Melee)
armor: 3
Magic resistance: 3
Moral: 20
Speed: 14

Abilities and Spells: Devotion Aura: grants 1 armor to all allies within 40 units of distance.
Shockwave: 4 mana cost, range: 7 small AOE line, deals 15 damage to all enemy units hit.
level 3 unit
HP: 23
DPT: 3 (physical, melee)
Armor: 1
Magic resistance: 0
Moral: 11
Speed: 9
level 3 unit
HP: 16
DPT: 4 (physical, ranged, Ranged: 25)
magic resistance: 0
Moral: 11
Speed: 8
level 4 unit
HP: 22
DPT: 7 (physical, ranged, Range: 30)
Armor: 0
Magic resistance: 0
Moral: 14
level 5 commander unit
HP: 28
DPT: 6.5 (physical, melee)
Armor: 3
Magic resistance: 2
Moral: 18

(commanding unit.)

Undead Scourge
(melee/magical) level 2-3 unit
HP: 12
DPT: 2 (2.5, 3, 3.5) physical melee
armor: 0 (.5, 1, 1.5)
MR: 0 (.5, 1, 1.5)
morale: 18
speed: 7
(melee) level 3-4 unit
HP: 20
DPT: 3 (3.5, 4, 4.5) physical melee
Armor: 0 (1, 2, 3)
MR: 0 (1, 2, 3)
Morale: 22
(ranged/magical) level 2-3 unit
HP: 9
DPT: 3 (3.5, 4, 4.5) physical ranged, Range: 40
MR: 0
morale: 16
ranged Level 6-7 siege unit
HP: 19
DPT: NA
armor: 1
MR: 0
Morale: NA
Speed: 5
Abilities: Corpse shot: Ranged, Range: 100, small AOE, 0 cost, can be used once per turn, functions as units DPT, ignores armor, physical damage, 50% chance of missing, 25% chance of half damage, deals 16 (20, 24, 28) damage on hit, damage upgrades with undead weapons upgrades. Can be upgraded to add a plague cloud after-effect which is a medium AOE that deals 1 damage per turn for 4 turns to units that come into contact with it. persists for 2 turns.
Ranged/spellcaster Level 3-4 caster Unit
HP: 15 (17, 19)
Mana: 10 (20, 40)
DPT: 2 (3, 4) Magical Ranged, range: 30
Armor: 0
MR: 1 (1.5, 2)
Morale: 25
possible upgrades: Adept(Necromancer): increases HP, mana, magic resistance, DPT, effect of previous spells, and grants Spell: Unholy Frenzy
Master(Necromancer): increases HP, mana, magic resistance, DPT, effect of previous spells, and grants Spell: Cripple
Skeletal mages: turns 1 of the skeletons created via raise dead into a skeleton mage.
Skeletal Longievity: increases how long skelatons last by 1 turn plus grants an aditional 5 HP to skelatons.

Spells: Raise dead: cost 2 mana, Raise 1 (2, 3) skeleton warriors from a non-skelatal corpse. Lasts 3 (4) turns.
Unholy Frenzy: cost 6 (7) mana, single target spell, increases targets DPT by 25% (50%) and lets them attack 2 enemies each turn and drains 6 (8) HP from target for 4 turns.
Cripple: cost 10 mana, multi target spell, hits up to 6 targets, slows targets speed by 75% and lowers DPT by 75% for 4 turns.
(melee/summoned) Level 2-3 unit
HP: 12
DPT: 3 (3.5, 4, 4.5) physical melee
MR: 0 (.5, 1, 1.5)
morale: 20
(Melee) level 8-9 unit
HP: 64
DPT: 7 (8.5, 10, 12) physical melee
Armor: 1 (2, 3, 4)
MR: 1 (2, 3, 4)
Morale: 38

Abilities: If corpse is raised as skeleton warriors grant double the normal amount.
Plague Cloud: Can be upgraded to add a plague cloud aura around it which deals 1 damage per turn for 4 turns to units that come into contact with it, range: 5 units

This is all the different enemies you have killed so far. More will be added the more different enemies you beat. :D

Last edited:
ummm guys? please can I get a couple more votes if you think you can spare the time?

even if its just a [x] whatshisnames plan i can throw that toward the vote. and remember you can copy/paste most of it :D
Adhoc vote count started by san on Jan 8, 2018 at 5:29 PM, finished with 79 posts and 2 votes.

• [X] Take the middle ground
    -[X]1st day fast pace march, 2nd and 3rd middle ground (with scouts)
    -[X] Insist that any group that forms while marching must consist of a minimum of 2 footmen, 1 priest and 1 apprentice.
    [X] Tactics
    -[X] Talk with the captain if he thinks the below idea is a good one.
    -[X]Summon a few (temporary water elements as ranged support and for intimidation factor.
    -[X] Everyone advances together in a very obviously defensive formation. You will then try to initiate diplomacy to get the ogres to leave (at extreme range initially, then move closer if things look positive). Things like... "Yes you could kill us but we will take down most of you with us if we fight", "There is plague in the area, do you really want to be in a area with plague?".
    --[X] If talking works out then we will warn them about rising undead activity and plague in the area. Staying in a area with such a virulent plague/ undead population would be bad even for ogres, especially as more troops are going to be coming to assist.
    --[X] If possible we would like to hire them (if we can afford it). A form of payment could be to try and teach them how to summon food.
    --[X] We would be happy to let them leave but we cannot speak for other groups of troops in the area.
    -[X] If the attempt to talk fails
    --[X] then we take a defensive position while keeping some footmen in reserve in case we need to handle flankers.
    --[X] Have the water elements flow through their lines in an attempt to engage their mages and generally disrupt any tactics they may have.
    --[X] the priests focus on healing and disrupting any ogre magi buffs.
    --[X] the apprentices should be split into 2 groups and are to focus on killing 2 ogres at a time from right to left and left to right respectively. However both groups are to first focus fire on the Ogre Lord, and magi (in that order).
    --[X] Jenna should drop a blizzard on the ogre lord (and hopefully the magi) in an effort to disrupt any commands/ spells that they attempt and joining the apprentices when that finishes.
    --[X] the captain is to keep his snipes for if any footman looks like he is being overwhelmed and at his own discretion.
    [X] Take the middle ground (and use it)
    -[X] 1st day fast pace march, 2nd middle ground (with scouts), 3rd slow pace (formation and scouts)
    -[X] during 2nd and 3rd day walks, talk to priests about their magic, rituals and undead (fast pace march is a bit hard for that)
    -[X] before sleep train Empower spell a bit
    [X] Tactic: agressive negotiations
    -[X] walk to Ogres in defensive formation (12 footmen are vanguard, 5 footmen - cover sides and back, rest in the middle), while demanding negotiations
    --[X] any sign of agression must be punished, let captain snipe Lord for 1st offence
    ---[X] try to take them half dead and offer them life in exchange for service
    --[X] cooperation must be rewarded with fancy title
    -[X] use water elementals to guard new allies, till you reach meeting point

Adhoc vote count started by san on Jan 8, 2018 at 9:47 PM, finished with 81 posts and 4 votes.

• [X] Tactics
    -[X]Summon a few (temporary water elements as ranged support and for intimidation factor.
    -[X] Everyone advances together in a very obviously defensive formation. You will then try to initiate diplomacy to get the ogres to leave (at extreme range initially, then move closer if things look positive). Things like... "Yes you could kill us but we will take down most of you with us if we fight", "There is plague in the area, do you really want to be in a area with plague?".
    --[X] If talking works out then we will warn them about rising undead activity and plague in the area. Staying in a area with such a virulent plague/ undead population would be bad even for ogres, especially as more troops are going to be coming to assist.
    --[X] If possible we would like to hire them (if we can afford it). A form of payment could be to try and teach them how to summon food.
    --[X] We would be happy to let them leave but we cannot speak for other groups of troops in the area.
    --[X] then we take a defensive position while keeping some footmen in reserve in case we need to handle flankers.
    --[X] Have the water elements flow through their lines in an attempt to engage their mages and generally disrupt any tactics they may have.
    --[X] the apprentices should be split into 2 groups and are to focus on killing 2 ogres at a time from right to left and left to right respectively. However both groups are to first focus fire on the Ogre Lord, and magi (in that order).
    --[X] Jenna should drop a blizzard on the ogre lord (and hopefully the magi) in an effort to disrupt any commands/ spells that they attempt and joining the apprentices when that finishes.
    --[X] the captain is to keep his snipes for if any footman looks like he is being overwhelmed and at his own discretion.
    [X] Take the middle ground
    -[X]1st day fast pace march, 2nd and 3rd middle ground (with scouts)
    -[X] Insist that any group that forms while marching must consist of a minimum of 2 footmen, 1 priest and 1 apprentice.
    [X] Take the middle ground (and use it)
    -[X] 1st day fast pace march, 2nd middle ground (with scouts), 3rd slow pace (formation and scouts)
    -[X] during 2nd and 3rd day walks, talk to priests about their magic, rituals and undead (fast pace march is a bit hard for that)
    -[X] before sleep train Empower spell a bit
    [X] Tactic: agressive negotiations
    -[X] walk to Ogres in defensive formation (12 footmen are vanguard, 5 footmen - cover sides and back, rest in the middle), while demanding negotiations
    --[X] any sign of agression must be punished, let captain snipe Lord for 1st offence
    ---[X] try to take them half dead and offer them life in exchange for service
    --[X] cooperation must be rewarded with fancy title
    -[X] use water elementals to guard new allies, till you reach meeting point

[X] Tactics

[X] Tactics

Yay 2 more people thank you @Uhtread and @Spectral Waltz for joining us here :D

Anyway if no one else votes on another option than the winning one by 1PM EST tomorrow, then I will close the vote and start working on the update. :D

Omake: Jaina and Alliance Army Tactics and Strategy

Jaina Proudmore, the Daughter of Admiral Proudmoore who rallied the Alliance Navy to Victory in fleet sorties and battles against the Orcs time and time again, had plenty to be...well.. proud about. She was coming into her own as a powerful sorcerer or wizard, whatever you wish to call it..and she had ideas to help the military.

The following is a quick story of her idea. She knew of a forward-thinking Alliance Captain, one David Miguel Cabrera, and traveled to Dalaran in search of him. She found him at Sharpshooter keep. He was the Commandant of Sniper Barracks, the Barracks responsible for the training of Sharpshooters and the conversation went something like this:

Jaina: Ah, there you are, Captain! You must have heard of me. I wanted to introduce myself because I had an idea that could help out our military.

Captain Cabrera: Indeed, my lady. You do me honor. I have an idea or two as well, but let's hear yours out first, shall we?

Jaina: Very well. I know your Sharpshooters are good, but maybe we can make them better. I had the idea of inspecting one of your rifles myself and take it to a Dwarven Blacksmith I trust. May I?

Cabrera: Of course. I actually had an idea of making an entire unit entirely. I call it the Rifleman. An armored Sharpshooter with better range and can take a hit or two. I worry about my Sharpshooter potential casualties after all..

(My fellow questers, this is only part 1st of this omake arc. I am a Sergeant of United States Marines and I taught Marines how to shoot. I'll be playing with you guys and I'll be able to help us out in terms of ground/army tactics throughout the quest, at least some as far as our GM allows).

Omake, Jaina and the Rifleman, part 2.

Cabrera: So, my lady, here is my basic idea. We give our Sharpshooters and some of our Soldiers an armor, leather armor that's double the thickness. We train them fairly hard to build up their strength to be able to handle the extra weight so they can attack and withdraw as directed.

We can start this idea with a platoon, say, 30 or so. It may take awhile but if you can find a way to get that rifle I gave you, it may be of immense help. What say you, young warrior?

Jaina: Hah! You do me honor calling me a warrior. As for your Rifleman concept, I'll see what I can do to improve it. I'm gonna take it to a dwarven friend of mine. The rifle I mean. Farewell for now, Captain.

(A week later, at the GunShot Works...)

Jaina: Hello Shooter. Do you have some time to spare for a side project, maybe?

Blacksmith Shooter McGavin: Aye, Lassie. What do you have for me?

Jaina: I had a concept that might work based on the rifle you helped develop. How about we combined the Sharpshooter and Soldier? Put a sharp knife, a bayonet, on the end of the barrel, and maybe make the gun more capable at longer range?

Shooter: Hmm. You got an idea that'll keep me going for a fair bit, there. It'll take awhile. I'll have to make a new rifle entirely as it wouldn't be able to support the increased weight but...

(That was part 2. This chain may be up to 5)

Last edited:
Also brownie points to anyone that can figure out the Shooter McGavin reference:V

@ComradeDoge, I missed it last time, but as far as I know, there is no Alliance military and it's unlikely that "Sharpshooter keep" would be located in Dalaran (city of mages). Also guns was revolutionary idea (as knight's sidearms) during 1st war and it's been around 10 - 15 years from that point. Dwarfs that invented them could have regular soldiers armed with them.
Overall your "forward thinking captain", should be captain in Kul'Tiras Navy, where it's not just rank - it's also ship and high status, literally equal to baron or earl (depending on size of his ship). So he would have his own ties to dwarven blacksmith (or/and goblin smugglers) to develop his weapons. I don't know ranking system of US Marines, but that guy should be equal to colonel or major (at least).

Last edited:
Omake, Jaina and the Rifleman, part 2.

Cabrera: So, my lady, here is my basic idea. We give our Sharpshooters and some of our Soldiers an armor, leather armor that's double the thickness. We train them fairly hard to build up their strength to be able to handle the extra weight so they can attack and withdraw as directed.

We can start this idea with a platoon, say, 30 or so. It may take awhile but if you can find a way to get that rifle I gave you, it may be of immense help. What say you, young warrior?

Jaina: Hah! You do me honor calling me a warrior. As for your Rifleman concept, I'll see what I can do to improve it. I'm gonna take it to a dwarven friend of mine. The rifle I mean. Farewell for now, Captain.

(A week later, at the GunShot Works...)

Jaina: Hello Shooter. Do you have some time to spare for a side project, maybe?

Blacksmith Shooter McGavin: Aye, Lassie. What do you have for me?

Jaina: I had a concept that might work based on the rifle you helped develop. How about we combined the Sharpshooter and Soldier? Put a sharp knife, a bayonet, on the end of the barrel, and maybe make the gun more capable at longer range?

Shooter: Hmm. You got an idea that'll keep me going for a fair bit, there. It'll take awhile. I'll have to make a new rifle entirely as it wouldn't be able to support the increased weight but...

(That was part 2. This chain may be up to 5)
@ComradeDoge, I missed it last time, but as far as I know, there is no Alliance military and it's unlikely that "Sharpshooter keep" would be located in Dalaran (city of mages). Also guns was revolutionary idea (as knight's sidearms) during 1st war and it's been around 10 - 15 years from that point. Dwarfs that invented them could have regular soldiers armed with them.
Overall your "forward thinking captain", should be captain in Kul'Tiras Navy, where it's not just rank - it's also ship and high status, literally equal to baron or earl (depending on size of his ship). So he would have his own ties to dwarven blacksmith (or/and goblin smugglers) to develop his weapons. I don't know ranking system of US Marines, but that guy should be equal to colonel or major (at least).
ya just finally found the time to go over this one and well....... no just no, i like the first one though i was hesitant and there were problems (like the sharpshooter keep, yes.) but they were not so significant i couldn't make it an officially thread marked Omake. This one however is..... there is a 0% chance of any kind of Kul Tiras native calling Jaina anything less than my lady, so ya no "young warrior" crap and Jaina most certainly would not be honored. She sees herself as a scholar and a mage and later as a diplomat and a ruler.... she has never defined herself as a 'warrior' in any shape or form.

2nd the only thing Azeroth lacks at this point in time that is needed for a proper sharpshooter is scope. They have the tech for it but never had the concept. As for a bayonet, while they have had them in use, they are generally considered garbage compared to using an actual proper melee weapon that is built and ENCHANTED for it. Remember this is a world where shields can block shots equal in power to a .50 cal bullet for us, and yet fail against a Dagger because the enchantments on the dagger made it more powerful than the gun. Finally, almost everyone that can use a gun uses MAIL armor which makes leather look like a joke, So ya that would be a downgrade. Honestly you are better off with using mail still and focusing only on the scope, making the barrel longer, and maybe improving the training of the troops to let them use magic to improve their focus like the Captain does when he Snipes enemies.

Ok it needs work. Ill go back and edit to fit canon.

[X] Tactics

The above tactic I just voted on was pretty darn good actually. A good mix of using your Manpower and disrupting enemy tactics at the same time.

The above tactic I just voted on was pretty darn good actually. A good mix of using your Manpower and disrupting enemy tactics at the same time.
ya my only problem was the diplomacing an Ogre, but it technically could be done, its just going to be very difficult.

ya my only problem was the diplomacing an Ogre, but it technically could be done, its just going to be very difficult.

It's too bad the players don't have a Paladin around. The players could just whittled down the enemy and make sure the ogre is healed up Just Enough by the Paladin at the last minute for diplomat opportunity afterwards.

I mean the orcish horde and their allies, former allies respect strength after all.

Can we try recruiting them after the battle (life for service kind)? They would be dieing, not 100% dead yet (kind of like Necromacer in HM&M does with reviving fraction of troops lost in every battle).

Last edited:
It's too bad the players don't have a Paladin around. The players could just whittled down the enemy and make sure the ogre is healed up Just Enough by the Paladin at the last minute for diplomat opportunity afterwards.

I mean the orcish horde and their allies, former allies respect strength after all.
ohh you will have one near you eventually at least for awhile.
Can we try recruiting them after the battle (life for service kind)?
Ya when the diplomacy almost certainly fails (i WILL give it a fair chance but you all need to be REALLY lucky to pull it off.) the battle will happen and if the ogres live through it you can try recruiting them.

ok first I am ending the vote early. vote closed for update

2nd.... well i got good news and bad news, good news is about a third of the rough draft is done....

bad news is that every roll after the first one was just you taking up the butt as hard as possible. seriously the only good thing was that your enemies rolled worse than you did (lowest roll of a 6 on a 1d100, with your lowest roll being a 21 out of 1d100. your other rolls never went above 53 though.) So ya, no one has died "YET" but it ain't looking good.

bad news is that every roll after the first one was just you taking up the butt as hard as possible... So ya, no one has died "YET" but it ain't looking good.
Since no one is dead, then we all got experience, Jaina should get a 2-3 levels, maybe our units aren't veterans "yet", but they are "blooded" and got experience in using their skills, spells and fighting together.

Since no one is dead, then we all got experience, Jaina should get a 2-3 levels, maybe our units aren't veterans "yet", but they are "blooded" and got experience in using their skills, spells and fighting together.
its not over yet lol, only the first third of the fight is over.... no one has died on either side, though you did get the better exchange thanks to greater numbers and all that but well.... they are closing in on you and you did fairly little damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back