Jace911 "Reviews" Puella Magi Madoka Magica

That's exactly what a white person would say.

White boys getting together to watch other identical white boys reacting.

Oh, we in deep now.
There are no asians. Just honorary white people.
can you stop shitting up the thread with the race cracks please
I'm pretty sure it isn't even tangentilly relavent to anything tangentilly related.

Last edited:
You know, I'm catching up with everything I've missed the last few days (just to page 13), and I can only really think one thing.

Does anyone else desperately wish we'd had a chance to see 'Jace reviews Spec Ops: The Line'?

EPISODE ELEVEN REACTIONS:

"homura akemi, you're a time traveler" is there literally a single person watching this show that is incapable of comprehending this after they literally spelled it out for us last episode

"this does explain why pinkie has so much potential as a magical girl" oh ho ho does it now

because if this is gonna be on the same level as the "explanation" for why you're such an inverted butthole then I think I'm gonna pass

"a magical girl's potential is based on the weight of the karmic destiny she bears"

"could it be that pinkie's powerful potential to become a magical girl is because you kept turning back time?"

"by turning back time over and over again to save pinkie you unknowingly caused these multiple timelines to converge"

"all of the karmic destinies of all the timelines you affected eventually attach themselves to pinkie"

"excellent work goth chick, you've made pinkie the most powerful witch ever"

oh adorable anime intro you're the only friend I have left

well it's the eleventh hour I might as well watch the whole thing all the way throuuuuuuuuu

the fuck is this

the fuck is that

the fuck did I just watch

okay I'm just gonna file that away under N for "nope" and pretend I didn't see anything–

"Sayaka Miki's Funeral"

HNNNGGGGKKKK

IT'S FINE

you know what I can't even think of a single joke for this part it's too fucking depressing

PFFFFFFT HAHAHA NEVERMIND ULTRA DRAMATIC FACE ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

"I can't believe Sayaka and Kyouko are dead" "it shouldn't come as such a surprise" FUCK OFF IN HELL YOU UTTER VERMIN

"it would've happened sooner or later"

"do you feel guilt for the livestock you consume? have you thought about how those animals become the food you eat?"

oh god cat thing's working for PETA now

"humans selected cows to be livestock, and in exchange they are well fed and protected from predators"

exactly how have you protected fucking anyone from FUCKING ANYTHING

"as a matter of fact we treat humans with much more respect than humans treat their livestock" BULL FUCKING SHI- okay no I gotta give him that one

"humans and the incubators have shared history together" OH SNAP WE IN FOR SOME HISTORICAL REVISIONIST SHIT NOW

"oh we didn't betray them but you could say their wishes did" AND WHO FUCKING GRANTED THOSE WISHES YOU INCOMPREHENSIBLE SHITLORD

"why does it surprise anyone that these things end in disaster?" okay you got me there

"in our society what you call 'emotion' we consider a mental disorder"

WELL DOESN'T THAT EXPLAIN FUCKING EVERYTHING

"if we had never come to Earth you humans would probably still be living naked in caves"

"Make a contract with me, my child."

so they've only just noticed that Mami is missing too is child services just not a thing in Japan or what

"nobody knows anything about it" MAYBE BECAUSE SHE WAS LIVING ALONE IN AN APARTMENT WITH NO PARENTS WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY

okay I was actually really into the scene where Junko and the teacher talk about Sayaka's death and I wasn't going to make any jokes or anything but then I noticed that the bar they're drinking at has a fucking Michelangelo hanging on the wall is Catholic art like this crazy exotic thing in Japanese bars???

also kind of odd how Junko is now suddenly a character again considering her last interaction with pinkie was episodes and episodes ago

why does goth chick have a literal steel chain for her door like it's not even the actual kind they put on apartments IT'S JUST A GIANT FUCKING SET OF LINKS

"Kyouko said wallpurplesnot is too strong for any one magical girl to fight on her own" pinkie I swear you better not be fucking going where I think you're going with this

"this witch is so powerful it doesn't need to hide in a labyrinth" are you talking about the drugs I feel like you're talking about the drugs

"since ordinary humans can't see it they'll think it was just an earthquake, tornado, or other natural disaster" okay one that has chilling real-world implications for certain real world events but two WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF NATURAL DISASTER RIPS SKYSCRAPERS OUT OF THE GROUND AND THROWS THEM HUNDREDS OF METERS AROUND

"now that Kyouko's dead you're the only magical girl left and you're going to need someone's help to beat it!" FUCK OFF PINKIE

FUCK

RIGHT

OFF

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES HAVE WE BEEN THROUGH THIS

"how can I be honest with you? you wouldn't believe me anyway"

"the truth is I'm from the future; I've met you over and over, and every time I've had to watch you die"

STOP

"what do I have to do to save you? what do I have to do to change your fate?"

STOP

"the more I try to save you the further apart we drift…my words, my feelings, nothing gets through to you!"

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

oh thank god that's over

my roommates are home and I was way too drunk to keep myself from crying out loud forever

fuck

wait what the fuck's the point of evacuating if they're just gonna move everyone to a giant glass building that's still in the storm zone that it like the opposite of helping

ohmygod pinkie's little bro is too adorable I can't

meanwhile out in the city Homura Akemi prepares to face wallpurplesnot

one last dramatic hair flip for good luck

AND THEN THE ACID TRIP BEGINS

"okay then" well here we gOD ALMIGHTY

WHERE DO YOU GET THIS SHIT

HOW IS THE JSDF NOT SHITTING ITSELF INSIDE OUT WHEN IT FINDS THIS SHIT MISSING

SERIOUSLY THIS IS LIKE NATIONAL SECURITY LEVELS OF INTERNAL PANIC

"this time I'll finish you!" well considering there's about thirty minutes left in the series I honestly doubt it

WHAT THE FUCK SHE HAS FUCKING MORTARS TOO

AND C FUCKING 4

oh and now she's surfing a tanker truck full of gasoline "hasta la vista baby"

WHAT

WHAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

FUCKING WHAT THE SHIT

DID SHE STEAL EVERY FUCKING PIECE OF ORDNANCE IN THE HOME ISLANDS OR SOMETHING

WHERE

ARE

YOU

GETTING

THIS

FIREPOWER

*red lights activate*

I need another beer

OH LOOK IT DIDN'T WORK WHAT AN ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHOCK

"do you think Homura is gonna be able to beat it all by herself"

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP ASKING THIS FLUFFY LITTLE SHIT FOR HIS OPINION

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

"would you believe me if I said no?" well I actually would BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT

"at this point it isn't possible for Homura Akemi to stop or give up" um why

"the moment she acknowledges that everything she's done has been pointless she will fall into despair and become a grief seed"

pinkie what are you doing

pinkie

PINKIE

YOU TURN RIGHT THE FUCK AROUND AND

oh thank god for the parent interrupt

"I have to go and save a friend" "the fire department can take care of them" hahahahahahaha yeah they can

if you'll excuse my probably-flawed drunken analysis for a moment

as I said in the first episode, this show has a surprisingly feminist portrayal of girls and women

dad is nowhere to be found as his daughter wanders off into the middle of a hurricane and it's up to mom to set pinkie straight

neither one of their viewpoints has anything to do with what a boy or man thinks and does; this is an entirely female perspective

pinkie represents the young woman's desire to take her power and use it to help other girls that society has turned its back upon; Homura and the witches who used to be like her

Junko represents the woman who knows that such idealism will only make her daughter the next target for society's wrath for daring to go against the norm

I just really appreciate that

"it's better if you stay with dad and tatsuya, someone has to make sure they're safe too" once again, breaking the stereotypes. god this is refreshing.

"and you're sure you aren't making a mistake? no one's lying to you or trying to trick you?" I was so ready to make fun of pinkie's confidence considering cat thing's entire fucking MO up to this point, but something about the English VA's response made me hold my tongue

god watching Homura try to beat wallpurplesnot is fucking killing me

I can seriously feel my soul deflating

"if I go back now I'll only make pinkie's destiny worse…everything I've done, everything I've tried to do" NO DON'T YOU EVEN

"it's all been for nothing"

no

no

no

"that's enough"

pinkie

I am literally begging you here

don't

"Homura…I am sorry."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TO BE CONCLUDED

I THINK it's canon that Homura's been accumulating hardware in her time shield over several loops. That's where a chunk of all the extra weapons come from.

LOVING the reactions...

I love Homura's fighting style.

This shows you an interesting side of Homura. She's willing to do anything to save Madoka, except let Madoka suffer more. She's not trying to figure out the loops so that she eventually can find a way to win, she's trying to win everytime. The idea of letting Madoka suffer in one timeline so that she stands a better shot at winning in the next is abhorent to her.

Last edited:
Magia is from Homura's POV too. Putting this in spoilers in case he decides to look at the lyrics, since they may give away what's about to happen...

They, the creators, actually said Rebellion is inspired by Magia.

Last edited:
pinkie represents the young woman's desire to take her power and use it to help other girls that society has turned its back upon; Homura and the witches who used to be like her

Junko represents the woman who knows that such idealism will only make her daughter the next target for society's wrath for daring to go against the norm

I don't think that's what they were going for.

I'm curious as to what Jace is going to do after Episode 12. Will he go straight to the third movie? Or will he stop to 'review' Oriko Magica/A Different Story first.

Back