Jace911 "Reviews" Puella Magi Madoka Magica

And so my favorite characters are gone now...i only read the mangoes though so I haven't had my heart shredded (yet) by watching the anime.

Uh... Am I the only one who doesn't think that Kyubey is a dick? He's trying to make sure the universe doesn't end, and if he has to drive a few girls into despair/wipe out a few species to do it, so be it. More species will survive because of it.

Then again, I'm the guy who thinks that the Anti-Spiral were justified, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Uh... Am I the only one who doesn't think that Kyubey is a dick? He's trying to make sure the universe doesn't end, and if he has to drive a few girls into despair/wipe out a few species to do it, so be it. More species will survive because of it.

Then again, I'm the guy who thinks that the Anti-Spiral were justified, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
I wouldn't call Kyubey a dick for the same reason I wouldn't call a computer virus a dick, but I still think the Incubators should try looking for a different method of halting entropy.

Kyubey may have a noble cause, but it still doesn't make him any less of a dick. He is still willing to stomach the extinction of the entire human race in order to meet his quota(see timeline 4).

No, you're not.

Just because they do something morally terrible for apparently good reasons doesn't make them a dick.

If babies were a power source that could end the energy crisis immediately using them would still be super fukken dickish like seriously they're babies man fuck.

Last edited:

Yes, you are the only one. Why?

Because Kyubey's a lying dickbag. You have no reason at all to trust anything he says. He could say that he does it to be able to give cute puppies and chocolate ice cream to every little disabled kiddie in the entire freakin' universe, and I'd still shoot him on principle because he's so sketchy as fuck.

Not to mention the fact that just because you claim to be doing something for the "Greater Good" doesn't mean that you are actually good. Hell, I mean, the Nazis thought that they were serving the greater good by exterminating the 'lesser races' to provide 'living space' for the "Master Race", but it doesn't stop us from seeing them as total dickbags.

Just because they do something morally terrible for apparently good reasons doesn't make them a dick.

If babies were a power source that could end the energy crisis immediately using them would still be super fukken dickish like seriously they're babies man fuck.

A more accurate metaphor would be if babies were a power source needed to fuel a machine needed to save all of Humanity, and several other alien species. A few lives for countless.

Also, given that a Mod was here earlier and mentioned too many Spoiler Tags, maybe we should cut this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright guys that's enough Madoka discussion. Say your piece on the space kitties and then go back to your popcorn.

This ride isn't over yet.

A more accurate metaphor would be if babies were a power source needed to fuel a machine needed to save all of Humanity, and several other alien species. A few lives for countless.

Also, given that a Mod was here earlier and mentioned too many Spoiler Tags, maybe we should cut this out.
Still dickish!

Last edited:

It's still a total dick thing to do.

EDIT: And seriously, what's with the Picard rating on my previous post? It's a legitimate point!:jackiechan:

Last edited:
I'm sorry Jace. You didn't deserve this. No one does. It is however, very funny to watch, so please continue your suffering. It will all be over soon and then you can I'dunno, eat twelve gallons of ice cream soaked in pure lab alcohol to help cope.

This is a perfectly normal reaction, there is no need to deny it. Actually, both the icecream and finding your suffering amusing are normal reactions. Just depends on if you've seen it or not.

Last edited:
The best part of the SFdebris review is still how he goes from saying "bunnycat is a dick" in that amused-annoyed tone of voice to saying, "bunnycat I despise" and you can hear the deep burning loathing in his voice. He goes from "oh, you!" to a hate so strong he can't even raise his voice, just shudder internally with murderous thoughts.
Yeah. To be fair Bunnycat is obviously a bit suspect at the start, but it's more of a "Trickster mentor" or "Pedo animal" sort of vibe more than anything, you don't think he's evil enough to do this kind of shit, you can't really the show for the first two episodes doesn't even suggest it can go that dark and it's not like QB is doing this

At any point. Well outside of the Manga obviously.

One thing that annoys me is people still insisting QB can't lie considering he more or less did EXACTLY THAT this episode.

One thing that annoys me is people still insisting QB can't lie considering he more or less did EXACTLY THAT this episode.

Whether he can or not, he didn't this episode. He was very careful in what he said, and his listeners incautious in what they heard. He speaks truths like the best faeries and demons; not a single statement a lie, but what he's saying is never what you think.

Um.

No he didn't.

He omitted. He implied. He said that magical girls have been known to do things thought impossible. He said that magic is not fully understood.

He never actually said he thought Kyouko could succeed.

Kyubey is very very good at lying with the truth. Because of this, and because from a narrative, Doylist point of view there's no point in establishing a character as being absolutely, perfectly truthful and then have him be a flat-out liar behind the scenes, it is overwhelmingly likely that Kyubey does not lie.

(Because of this, I generally assume that Kyubey really is doing what's best for the universe, and it happens to conflict with humanity's selfish interest.)

ahahahahah. I love it when people new to the fandom watch this episode. Don't worry Jace only tow episodes left. It get's better

Whether he can or not, he didn't this episode. He was very careful in what he said, and his listeners incautious in what they heard. He speaks truths like the best faeries and demons; not a single statement a lie, but what he's saying is never what you think.
I'm sorry but then that's close enough to a lie that difference is moot,at the very least it is trickery, there's no way in hell he doesn't realize he's tricking Kyoko. Which makes his "We don't understand trickery" line an outright lie. Episode ten has some stuff that makes me strongly believe he's outright lied but that's for another day.

Back