But she's still near it though. There's no reason to say that it's not affecting her even while inside Shirou.
Um, no. FSN and Arthurian lore in general states Avalon is single-target only. Arturia was the one it most attuned to, but if it wasn't in direct contact with her, then she won't get the benefit. The one holding the artifact is.

Um, no. FSN and Arthurian lore in general states Avalon is single-target only. Arturia was the one it most attuned to, but if it wasn't in direct contact with her, then she won't get the benefit. The one holding the artifact is.

*shrug* Honestly, at this point it depends on what the author feels like doing with it, so there's no point in arguing about the details.

Also, this really isn't the place for it.

So glad to still see this one still alive! But now i hope next chapter will come in 50 days!!!

I think we can answer the Shirou/Avalon question. If he's still the size of an 8 year old or whatever when the War comes around he has Avalon, if not, he doesn't.

I think we can answer the Shirou/Avalon question. If he's still the size of an 8 year old or whatever when the War comes around he has Avalon, if not, he doesn't.

I'm pretty sure that it's the sword that has the anti-aging effect, not the sheath. The sheath prevents death, and can heal, but the sword is the part that kept Arturia from growing older.

If not, then I'm going to have a plot hole in a few chapters...

Avalon and Caliburn both have anti aging properties, Excalibur is just a dope ass sword.

Yep, you're right. I checked my copy of the complete character material.

I guess Shirou only aged in the original timeline because Arturia wasn't around to keep Avalon running properly...

Hum... Given Arturia gave it to him, I think that I would probably say she either took it back at some point or that she makes a conscious effort not to feed it Prana, both out of a necessity to conserve for her own maintenance and out of a desire not to subject Shirou to the same lack of growth as she was subjected to. After all it's one thing to stop growing at around 13-15, it's quite another to stop growing at 6.

I, honestly dont know which had the effect of no longer aging, but Im sad now because I wanted Arturia to grow into her Lancer physique.

Also hope that Mordred is summoned by Shirou because they are both 'children of Arturia.' Then we have the scene of Mordred wondering who this woman is to be telling her to change her shirt (sans armor Mordred wears a tube top) and why does she feel like 'father'?

I, honestly dont know which had the effect of no longer aging, but Im sad now because I wanted Arturia to grow into her Lancer physique.

Also hope that Mordred is summoned by Shirou because they are both 'children of Arturia.' Then we have the scene of Mordred wondering who this woman is to be telling her to change her shirt (sans armor Mordred wears a tube top) and why does she feel like 'father'?

Given that in F/GO Mordred recognizes Lancer Arturia Alter as her father in a matter of instants, I don't think a few years of filling out will stop her in the slightest.

Given that in F/GO Mordred recognizes Lancer Arturia Alter as her father in a matter of instants, I don't think a few years of filling out will stop her in the slightest.
"Father."

"Mordred."

"Father. Um. You have boobs."

"How very perceptive of you."

"I mean. Uh. Urk. Father. Boobs. Father. Boobs. Father. Boobs."

"Stop saying 'Father' and 'Boobs', young lady."

"Uh. Urk. Um. I mean. Also, I'm a man."

"...Fair enough. But please, calm down and have some tea. Or something."

"Um, yes. Tea would be great."

"...."

"...."

"...."

"...Why you have boobs, Father?"

"It was a long story."

So this is me just thinking long term and speculating a lot. So Shirou is almost certainly not going to be a master in the coming grail war. Leaving that spot and whoever summons the Saber class to be wide open. But this creates another interesting change to the grail war. Archer. Regardless of how things progress with Rin, she's probably not going to summon Archer as we know him. Because Counter-Guardian EMIYA has no reason to exist here, and even if he somehow does, he has no real conflict with Shirou since this Shirou probably won't have a desire to be a hero of justice.

Actually I am really curious to see what kind of person Shirou Einzbern becomes. But anways, Rin is almost certainly going to be a master in Murder-Death-Kill the Grail War, but she'll likely have a vastly different servant. Shirou probably won't be a master, but almost certainly will be dragged in because his adopted mom is a Servant, and if nothing else Illyasviel von Einzbern will want Saber dead, badly. Though I wonder how much good he'll be able to do since he will have even less magical talent than he did in canon.

So this is me just thinking long term and speculating a lot. So Shirou is almost certainly not going to be a master in the coming grail war. Leaving that spot and whoever summons the Saber class to be wide open. But this creates another interesting change to the grail war. Archer. Regardless of how things progress with Rin, she's probably not going to summon Archer as we know him. Because Counter-Guardian EMIYA has no reason to exist here, and even if he somehow does, he has no real conflict with Shirou since this Shirou probably won't have a desire to be a hero of justice.

Actually I am really curious to see what kind of person Shirou Einzbern becomes. But anways, Rin is almost certainly going to be a master in Murder-Death-Kill the Grail War, but she'll likely have a vastly different servant. Shirou probably won't be a master, but almost certainly will be dragged in because his adopted mom is a Servant, and if nothing else Illyasviel von Einzbern will want Saber dead, badly. Though I wonder how much good he'll be able to do since he will have even less magical talent than he did in canon.

This is something I have been thinking about a lot, but while I know which servants will remain from canon, and at least one of the alternate servants is set in stone, a lot of things are still very up in the air.

You'll just have to wait and see.

Also, I think I just found out what would cause the most Archer Suffering.

Saber-mama Chi no Kyou no Gohan?

"Wow, Saber, this is frikken great! I don't know you can cook!"

"Well, having to raise children tend to make you good at these things."

"Can I marry you?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Conlann."

*CRITICAL HIT!*

"My liege, I don't know you can cook this good."

"I learned. These are things you never late to learn."

"Yes, these is... indeed... very good."

"...."

"...."

"...*sniff*..."

"...He reminiscences about Isolde again, did he?'

"...*sniff*... I'm sorry... about-"

"No, it's alright once in a while."

"FATHER! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!"

*One meal later*

"FATHER! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A COOKING DUEL!"

"...Can you cook?"

"...How hard it could be?"

*facepalm*

"I AM NOT CRYING! THESE JUST SANDS ON MY EYES!"

"No, it's the onion. Sorry, but you'll get used to this."

"Grandmother, can you do the... Hannibal... things... with clay and-"

"Jackie, no stealing other people leg."

"Uuuu...."

"...Let's get some pig leg first."

First one is Cu Chulainn, the second is Tristan (I think Shirou/someone else is there as well to provide commentary on Tristan's tears), I'm not sure who the fourth one is.
Yes, the first one is Cu Chulainn. The second is basically Arturia, one of the other Knight of The Round Table (either Bedivere or Gawain) and Tristain. The third is Mordred, trying to learn to cook with Father. The fourth is Jackie.

Back