Insanity State (Currently Recruiting up to eight Players!)

Should I list out some Cults or let you confront them then tell you about them?

• Gimme the details!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Surprise me, Bro!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Point!

Edit: And let's deescalate the situation.

Last edited:
Hello rolling dice for def
Virian threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: Defense Total: 4
4 4

Also what happened to me there I didn't see my name after the car squashed the zombies.

Your guy ran towards the Church, if that's alright. Also, you all gained 50 xp. Though you need to tell me ahead of time that you won't be able to join at certain times.
I was sleeping... I need to sleep sometimes too...

eidt: Also how many cultists do I have to kill until I reach there? Also is the church close to me? And how many of the damned cannibals are near the church roll do I need to roll perception for it?

Last edited:
"Oh well that was fun. Now where was that church again?" He said as he look around only to hear the giggling of the cannibals and follow it" Damn cultists at least they make my life easier by telling me where to kill them" as he moved he tried to ascertain how many of them there are and wondering where the rest of his ...friends... are and where the mad mailman went.
NICE ROLL THOUGH.

And before you ask, yes the scars are real, and no the Staples are not there. And yes, that is the leader the guy on the radio was talking about. Jeb was the first boss I created with this system.

A family man and formerly renowned cook, Jeb has dealt with so many Raiders and Cannibals throughout his life to protect his son Andrew and daughter Henrietta. Though one day, he and the kids ran out of food. With hunger eating away at his mind, he looked at a Raider Carcass and cooked it. And he discovered that Humans taste like..... Beef. So, with his newfound recipe, he kept him and his children fed. But with each passing day, his son seem to become more and more..... Wary of his actions. But Jeb, now no longer himself, decided that one night, his own girl goes in the pot. He took the girl and nearly chopped him apart, if not for Andrew, who hit him with a kitchen knife, giving him some of these scars. Though she didn't know that his father was now long gone because the next moment...... He cleaved him in two. Henrietta escaped, but the now crazed butcher is creating food for all the hungry folks in California.

Last edited:
So, uh... Sorry for rushing that one. I honestly thought we would have more of a chance to rp that encounter. Uh... Sorry?

If it helps, it's going to get a lot more interesting now.

Edit: A LOT MORE INTERESTING.

Last edited:
Mechanics
As I can see, some of you are having trouble resolving Rolls. I take the blame for that and shall apologize to all of you. I am now going to assist you with the rolls in this post. I shall go into detail below.

Attacking: Your d20 roll+Related Weapon Attribute+Related Weapon Skill. So let's say you firing a Pistol. You roll a 12. So, you add your Agility Attribute (For this example, is 3.), and your Projectiles Skill( For the example, 5.) So 12+3(Agility)+5(Projectiles)=20. And to resolve Combat, whoever has the highest roll wins. Attacker wins, the defender takes full damage. Defender wins, they still take damage, but it is halved.

Defending: Same as rolling for attacks.

Armor: Unlike D&D, Armor doesn't allow you to dodge attacks. In Insanity State, it only reduces damage.

Resolving Other rolls: Your d20 roll+Related Situation Attribute+Related Situation Skill. So let's say you're negotiating to lower the price of a Rifle. You roll a 11. So, you add your Charisma Attribute (For this example, is 2.), and your Negotiation Skill( For the example, 3.) So 11+2(Charisma)+3(Negotiation)= 16. I will list the situation roll in parentheses at the bottom of each post.

Trauma: See the Trauma Threadmark.

Last edited:
Trauma
Oh boy! My most favorite thing in the world! The Trauma Stat is something not to be scoffed at. These are disabilities that you get once your Max Flesh Wounds are overfilled. But Trauma doesn't stop there. You have to roll a 1d100 with no modifiers and see what type of disability you get. But don't worry! If you can get to a Doctor, you can get yourself patched up for the payment for each Trauma. But know this: If you go over your allowed Traumas, you DIE.

Disabilities found so far:
Rattled Brain: Hallucinations for the rest of the week. -2 to projectiles.
Bleeding lungs: -2 to Agility related Rolls.
Broken Arm: -2 to all Body Rolls.
Bloody pulp: -1 Max Trauma.

Last edited:
Now where to find a doc? Also can a med kit help with those wounds? I kinda uncovered all of them and might die... Also can trauma be ameliorated? as in there are multiple tiers of trauma? Bleeding> Heavy bleeding or fractured bones> broken bones> pulverized bones.

Now where to find a doc? Also can a med kit help with those wounds? I kinda uncovered all of them and might die... Also can trauma be ameliorated? as in there are multiple tiers of trauma? Bleeding> Heavy bleeding or fractured bones> broken bones> pulverized bones.
Well, the nearest doctor is in Medford, Oregon. And yeah. The cost goes up for each type of Trauma.

Well, the nearest doctor is in Medford, Oregon. And yeah. The cost goes up for each type of Trauma.
You didn't answer all of my questions and I'm still wondering if the med kit can help with them...

While I couldn't see it on our gear ls it it exists in real life and we could scavenge it from an ambulance or even a school/office as they sometimes have one or 2 of the stuff in there.. Also what about tiers of trauma... types of trauma are one thing but what about tiers or better said severity of it? Can they be changed trough incomplete or self given medical aid?

You didn't answer all of my questions and I'm still wondering if the med kit can help with them...

While I couldn't see it on our gear ls it it exists in real life and we could scavenge it from an ambulance or even a school/office as they sometimes have one or 2 of the stuff in there.. Also what about tiers of trauma... types of trauma are one thing but what about tiers or better said severity of it? Can they be changed trough incomplete or self given medical aid?
Well, that's what the Survival Skill is for: Scavenging food, water, Resources. You gotta roll. And for Severity of each Trauma level:

One Trauma taken: Bone level.
Two Trauma: Organ Level
Three Trauma and on: entire body.

And Medkits can be used to boost your Medicine Roll so that you can patch yourself up. Though know this! If you roll low, you risk making another Trauma.

Last edited:
Night has fallen upon Oakland. Everything is calm and is quiet. You can Roleplay and talk amongst yourselves for right now.

In regards to the last IC post, Dorian is a Visionary, not a Governor. Though at this point "thief" or "trader" is probably more appropriate, given his unfortunate current state.

Sorry I wasn't able to participate more earlier. Work's picked up here but I should be able to keep taking part in the quest.

Go for Jeb? I want my damn revenge and to stick several nails in the little shit.

Filling a fat guy with arrows sounds good. There's also the fact that America basically runs off of prison rules, so when someone screws one of your crew, you kill them dead. Besides, killing him now will mean one less recurring villain.

Plus, I think Jebah-DIE-ah's cleaver would be a good weapon for Val once he gets back on his feet.

Edit: Also, you wouldn't really be doing the revenge bit, Val. You're mostly dead, and you going back into combat would be... What's a polite term for suicide?

Last edited:
Go for Jeb? I want my damn revenge and to stick several nails in the little shit.

Filling a fat guy with arrows sounds good. There's also the fact that America basically runs off of prison rules, so when someone screws one of your crew, you kill them dead. Besides, killing him now will mean one less recurring villain.

Plus, I think Jebah-DIE-ah's cleaver would be a good weapon for Val once he gets back on his feet.

Edit: Also, you wouldn't really be doing the revenge bit, Val. You're mostly dead, and you going back into combat would be... What's a polite term for suicide?
You don't have you tell me, Rp your choices.

Back