I Used To Be The Demon Lord

[X] "I have a super-rare artifact that makes my Stats stronger." - Technically not a lie, since the Ring Of Supreme Hardship does make my Stats stronger if I take it off...

I just want to see someone try to steal our ring for power.

[X] "I'm actually part..." - Secretly a half-breed who is amazingly powerful for their age or level? Surprisingly not as uncommon as one would think. Especially not when you're in a Primary Quest. Granted, the current me is most definitely just a plain ol' Human, but I can probably fake being a half-breed convincingly enough.
-[X] "...actually you don't want to know what the other half of me is..." - That should keep them busy without having to actually come up with something.

At some point some idiot is going to try stealing it.
"Hahah fool your ring of POWER is mine now!"
Oh man, a weakling putting on the Ring Of Supreme Hardship can get messy. Unless you have enough Stats to function as an normal person, the ROSH will either cripple you horribly or outright kill you.

For safety purposes, anyone below Lv150 should not put ROSH on.

I think this is the first time i've joined one of your quests @Shintouyu which is actually kinda impressive due to your fuckhuge count.
Well, I think I was inactive for a week, so none of my quests came up in awhile.

That said, welcome aboard!

Hint- It's human. But they don't know that.
2Human4U.

#FuckYeahHumanity

If we tell them the truth, what is the chance they think we're joking?
There are plenty of people who go around claiming to be reincarnations of Heroes or Villains; none of them can prove it though. So the claim isn't too out there and -- while you might be stronger than them -- they know that there's plenty of other people out there that are stronger than them too. However, you are UNUSUALLY and EXTRAORDINARILY powerful for your Level, so there's a certain amount of credibility to your claim.

As far as Revya can tell, Yorick might wave it off but Alister could take her seriously.

[X] "I'm actually part..." - Secretly a half-breed who is amazingly powerful for their age or level? Surprisingly not as uncommon as one would think. Especially not when you're in a Primary Quest. Granted, the current me is most definitely just a plain ol' Human, but I can probably fake being a half-breed convincingly enough.
-[X] "...actually you don't want to know what the other half of me is..." - That should keep them busy without having to actually come up with something.

[ ] "I'm a Librarian, which can be considered a specific sub-type of Shopkeeper. I can bash in the face of anyone who steals from me," I glance meaningfully at Yorick. "or anyone who is accomplice to such larceny perpetrated against my property." I turn my gaze to Alistair. Technically true, as the list of people who's face I can bash is 'Almost everyone', which includes 'People stupid enough to steal from me'.
-[ ] "Of course, I can hardly be considered 'Open for Business' while off on a quest, as opposed to 'ten steps away from my Shop'. So no trying to bait people to steal my stuff, understood?" I'm not a Wizard or Genie, so obviously I can't lug around enough wares to be a mobile shop, and I doubt they'd want to drag a cartload of books around just for that. Adventurers are far too impatient for stuff like that.

Everyone knows you don't steal from Shopkeepers! There's a good reason for that. Though it would be good to know whether it's 'Massive Bonus vs Thieves' or 'The God of Commerce itself Smites you for your heinous crime.' or just the Shopkeepers Guild being that scary.

Hey @Shintouyu would you kindly reveal which form of Shoplifting Discouragement applies in this pseudo-video game world?

Edit: Whoops! Forgot to click Save after removing the X.

Last edited:
[X] "I'm a Librarian, which can be considered a specific sub-type of Shopkeeper. I can bash in the face of anyone who steals from me," I glance meaningfully at Yorick. "or anyone who is accomplice to such larceny perpetrated against my property." I turn my gaze to Alistair. Technically true, as the list of people who's face I can bash is 'Almost everyone', which includes 'People stupid enough to steal from me'.
-[X] "Of course, I can hardly be considered 'Open for Business' while off on a quest, as opposed to 'ten steps away from my Shop'. So no trying to bait people to steal my stuff, understood?" I'm not a Wizard or Genie, so obviously I can't lug around enough wares to be a mobile shop, and I doubt they'd want to drag a cartload of books around just for that. Adventurers are far too impatient for stuff like that.

Everyone knows you don't steal from Shopkeepers! There's a good reason for that. Though it would be good to know whether it's 'Massive Bonus vs Thieves' or 'The God of Commerce itself Smites you for your heinous crime.' or just the Shopkeepers Guild being that scary.

Hey @Shintouyu would you kindly reveal which form of Shoplifting Discouragement applies in this pseudo-video game world?
Other than those Shopkeepers who mysteriously always somehow get ahead of you in the super-final dungeons, most Shopkeepers aren't very actually very powerful, being around Lv20-40-ish. Well, there are those who are ex-adventurers or something, but they tend to gravitate toward Lv80-100-ish.

Depending on the area, Shopkeepers might have divine-protection, though the town of Aveen isn't one.

The World is a wacky place. Rules aren't very hard depending on Quests because the World makes them. For example, let's say that in one part of the world, reviving someone might be impossible to miraculous. While in other, Phoenix Downs are sold like candy.

That said, I'm surprised that you're the first to bring-up your Librarian Class.

"I'm a Librarian. There's these things called Stat Books. Do the math."

[X] "If you need to know I'll tell you. until then respect my privacy."

Talking about stat books might make the two want to mess up our library.

Other than those Shopkeepers who mysteriously always somehow get ahead of you in the super-final dungeons, most Shopkeepers aren't very actually very powerful, being around Lv20-40-ish. Well, there are those who are ex-adventurers or something, but they tend to gravitate toward Lv80-100-ish.

Depending on the area, Shopkeepers might have divine-protection, though the town of Aveen isn't one.

Ah, I see. Then my write-in's no good I guess.

"I'm a Librarian. There's these things called Stat Books. Do the math."

This on the other-hand is perfect!

[X] "I'm a Librarian. There's these things called Stat Books. Do the math."

[X] "I have a super-rare artifact that makes my Stats stronger." - Technically not a lie, since the Ring Of Supreme Hardship does make my Stats stronger if I take it off...

Back