Hidden In the Leaves Redux (Naruto Quest)

Your Friend Sasuke
[X] Uchiha Sasuke

"Yo, Sasuke." You greet your friend as you take a seat next to him.

"Hn." Was his response as he nods your way.

You roll your eyes at this before you hear two very familiar loud voices and you grin.

"Well, looks like Thing 1 and Thing 2 are coming up to see you Sasuke-kun." You say.

Your grin widens as you notice his right eye twitch slightly.

Quickly the Thing 1 and Thing 2 walk in shouting about who's going to sit next to 'Their Sasuke-kun.'

Now if you haven't figured it out yet, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are Sakura Haruno and Ino Yamanaka respectively. Though you did feel a little bad for calling Ino that, she was actually a pretty stand up gal when she wasn't focused on Sasuke, if a bit self-centered.

Sakura? You didn't feel sorry in the least, friggin violent bitch...

Anyway they strolled up to you and Sakura proceeded to shout at you "MOVE SO I CAN SIT NEXT TO SASUKE-KUN, SHINDA-TEME!"

Your eye twitches and you deliberately ignore the pink one, looking right at Ino and asking "Hi, how's your day been going Ino?"

"It's been alright Shinda-kun. Can I sit next to Sasuke-kun?" She asks.

"Yeah sure go ahead." You say getting out of your chair and sitting on the one on the other side of Sasuke.

Your grin threatens to split your face as Sasuke's eye is now beginning to twitch at a constant rate, with him eying you with a look that says it all.

So after that a whole bunch of shenanigans happened that you ignored, especially the accidental kiss of Naruto and Sasuke (You personally think he's more horrified at the teasing he's going to have endure from you), Iruka finally walked in.

He then proceeded to throw some fancy words at you then announced the teams.

You tune it out till you hear your name called…

What team are you on?

[ ] Team 3:Hyuuga Hinata, Shinda Shimura, and Kiba Inuzuka. Your Sensei is Kurenai Yuhi

[ ] Team 7: Ino Yamanaka, Shinda Shimura, and Shikamaru Nara. Your Sensei is Asuma Sarutobi.

[ ] Team 9: Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Shinda Shimura. Your sensei is Kakashi Hatake.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Let's see how this goes...

[X] Team 7: Ino Yamanaka, Shinda Shimura, and Shikamaru Nara. Your Sensei is Asuma Sarutobi.

I don't think I've ever seen a Naruto quest where we weren't on the same team as Naruto. Plus, this team actually goes together pretty well as an info/infiltration team.

[X] Team 9: Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Shinda Shimura. Your sensei is Kakashi Hatake.

Team protagonist for the win.

[X] Team 9: Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Shinda Shimura. Your sensei is Kakashi Hatake

Why not have this be our team?

Okay, I'm sorry but I've got a bone to pick. Sakura was only ever that much of a screeching bitch to Naruto, and that's because he was constantly getting up in her face to ask her for dates no matter how often she made it clear she wasn't interested and talking smack about her crush despite showing a complete lack of ability to compete with him in any way. With everyone else she wasn't any worse than Ino (except for Shikamaru and Chouji, since Ino constantly rode their asses about their bad habits despite slacking off on her training as well), which is to say she was usually a fairly nice if headstrong girl.
Now if Shinda's made a habit of interfering in her fangirling over Sasuke, making cracks about her or even straight-up insulting her (especially by challenging things she's insecure about like her forehead, lack of figure and the fact that she's basically average at best in the physical aspects of being a ninja) I can see her having zero patience with him like she does with Naruto, but in that case Ino would be the same.

[X] Team 9: Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Shinda Shimura. Your sensei is Kakashi Hatake.

Team Sausage Fest it is. Hm, since we're Sasuke's friend, how does Naruto see us, I wonder?
Hmm... Thinking about it, that would be entirely secondary in Naruto's opinion to how we treat Naruto himself as well as how publicly we're willing to poke fun at Sasuke. If we frequently poke fun at his failings and don't do the same to Sasuke (or rather, don't do the same while Naruto's around) Naruto will probably dislike us. If we make fun of both of them he'll probably just get snappish when we hit a sore spot but be otherwise neutral, and if we've ever been even the slightest bit helpful or complimentary towards him he'll be well-disposed towards us (though not to the extent of Hiruzen, Iruka or the father/daughter pair at Ichiraku Ramen).
As for Kakashi... well, this'll be Team 9 instead of Team 7, and while he'll still see a lot of Obito and himself in Naruto and Sasuke, he won't really be seeing any of Rin in us, so it might be less painful for him. In fact, we might even become the student he talks to the most (not trains the most, mind you, since Naruto and Sasuke need the help much more than we do, in different ways) because we don't constantly bring up a bunch of complicated, bittersweet memories. That and he'll probably like our sense of humor.

[X] Team 9: Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Shinda Shimura. Your sensei is Kakashi Hatake
What can I say I'm a sucker for familiar faces.

Okay, I'm sorry but I've got a bone to pick. Sakura was only ever that much of a screeching bitch to Naruto, and that's because he was constantly getting up in her face to ask her for dates no matter how often she made it clear she wasn't interested and talking smack about her crush despite showing a complete lack of ability to compete with him in any way. With everyone else she wasn't any worse than Ino (except for Shikamaru and Chouji, since Ino constantly rode their asses about their bad habits despite slacking off on her training as well), which is to say she was usually a fairly nice if headstrong girl.
Now if Shinda's made a habit of interfering in her fangirling over Sasuke, making cracks about her or even straight-up insulting her (especially by challenging things she's insecure about like her forehead, lack of figure and the fact that she's basically average at best in the physical aspects of being a ninja) I can see her having zero patience with him like she does with Naruto, but in that case Ino would be the same.
The reason why Sakura's like that to Shinda is for the exact reason that you said, he takes cracks at her, and interferes constantly with her fangirling over Sasuke.

Ino isn't like that because of the fact that she's your fellow clan child and has hung out with you sometimes when both of your respective parents have had to do some business. She gets pretty pissed at your wise cracks at her but otherwise is alright with ya'.

Team 3, they need someone who can give them a way to roadblock attackers. 9 has Naruto. Team 7 could use as as well, but if we do not pair up with them, they have Choji. Really, Team 9 is the one where we are depriving them of something vital (A Medic later).

Abstaining vote as I do not have one I want to vote for, only one against.

The reason why Sakura's like that to Shinda is for the exact reason that you said, he takes cracks at her, and interferes constantly with her fangirling over Sasuke.

Ino isn't like that because of the fact that she's your fellow clan child and has hung out with you sometimes when both of your respective parents have had to do some business. She gets pretty pissed at your wise cracks at her but otherwise is alright with ya'.

Very well, argument withdrawn.

[X] Team 3:Hyuuga Hinata, Shinda Shimura, and Kiba Inuzuka. Your Sensei is Kurenai Yuhi

This team rarely sees any attention.

Team Sausage Fest it is. Hm, since we're Sasuke's friend, how does Naruto see us, I wonder?
Hmm... Thinking about it, that would be entirely secondary in Naruto's opinion to how we treat Naruto himself as well as how publicly we're willing to poke fun at Sasuke. If we frequently poke fun at his failings and don't do the same to Sasuke (or rather, don't do the same while Naruto's around) Naruto will probably dislike us. If we make fun of both of them he'll probably just get snappish when we hit a sore spot but be otherwise neutral, and if we've ever been even the slightest bit helpful or complimentary towards him he'll be well-disposed towards us (though not to the extent of Hiruzen, Iruka or the father/daughter pair at Ichiraku Ramen).
As for Kakashi... well, this'll be Team 9 instead of Team 7, and while he'll still see a lot of Obito and himself in Naruto and Sasuke, he won't really be seeing any of Rin in us, so it might be less painful for him. In fact, we might even become the student he talks to the most (not trains the most, mind you, since Naruto and Sasuke need the help much more than we do, in different ways) because we don't constantly bring up a bunch of complicated, bittersweet memories. That and he'll probably like our sense of humor.
Well we're pretty snarky. All get turn on the Shinda Snark Train. That said I'd like to be at least on friendly speaking terms with the guy.

Back