Hidden In the Leaves Redux (Naruto Quest)

VOTE LOCKED IN! LEZ DO DIZ SHIZ!

Sorry, went out with friends. I don't plan shit. It just comes to me.

The Squad, Tests and...
[X] "My name's Shinda Shimura. All I feel like saying about likes and dislikes is that I enjoy being contrary. Dreams for the future? To live in a world where people don't ask questions like 'what are your dreams for the future' or 'where do you see yourself in five years.' And hobbies? Yeah, I have some of those."

"My name's Shinda Shimura. All I feel like saying about likes and dislikes is that I enjoy being contrary. Dreams for the future? To live in a world where people don't ask questions like 'what are your dreams for the future' or 'where do you see yourself in five years.' And hobbies? Yeah, I have some of those." You finish with a smirk at your sensei.

Kakashi rubs his neck, single eye closed and says "Well, I...guess I deserve that. Next."

Sasuke goes "My name is Sasuke Uchiha, I have no like, and I have many dislikes...my hobby is training and my dream is to kill a certain man and revive my clan."

"Boo!," You shout loudly ",That was lame! Give me my money back!"

Sasuke's eye twitched and he opened his mouth as if to say something before he visibly bit down on his tongue and slowly, stiffly turned around.

You smirk at him before Naruto goes.

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki! I like ramen, red bean soup and training! I dislike this bastard Sasuke, and vegetables! My hobbies are pulling pranks and watering plants! My dream is to become the greatest Hokage ever!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Hm...well...that's nice I guess. Though, I suppose I should tell you that you should become genin first before aiming for something like Hokage..." Kakashi said thoughtfully.

"....NANI!!!!!?????" Naruto shouts.

Sasuke just glares hard at him.

"...Well shit. So are you gonna explain?" Is your simple response.

"You see, in order to become genin, you have to pass a test. This test has a 66% chance of failure and will take place tomorrow. If you lose then you'll have to go back to the Academy." He explains.

"WHAT! THAT'S UNFAIR! I WORKED SO HARD..." Naruto begins ranting.

"What's the test?" Sasuke demands glaring at the man.

At this, Kakashi eye smiles before saying "Well, you'll see tomorrow, I advise you don't eat anything in the morning."

With that he Shunshin's away.

"So...what do we do now my Tsukkomi? Fellow Boke?" You ask.

"Boke? Tsukkomi?" Naruto asks confused while Sasuke proceeds his best to try and develop the ability to shoot fire from his eyes to burn you to death.

You frown at Naruto's confusion.

'Well, he doesn't have any parents, and...people didn't really socialize with him so I guess it's not that strange for him not to know what those are...it's still strange though.' You can't help but think to yourself.

"Anyway," Naruto begins ",How about we go get some ramen?"

You pause and think for a moment.

What do you do?

[X] Go with Naruto and get ramen. Be sure to drag Sasuke with you for maximum hilarity.

[X] Go home.

[X] Find a training ground and train there for a while.

[X] Head to a civilian friends house.

[X] Write-in
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Let's see how this goes.

Last edited:
[X] Go with Naruto and get ramen. Be sure to drag Sasuke with you for maximum hilarity.

He just wants an friend after all.:cry:

What's up with the random Japanese words?

[x] Go with Naruto and get ramen. Be sure to drag Sasuke with you for maximum hilarity.

What's up with the random Japanese words?
Here's the definitions, I forgot to put it at the bottom.

Nani: What

1. Boke and tsukkomi: loosely equivalent to the roles of "funny man" or "comic" (boke) and "straight man" (tsukkomi) in the comedy duos of western culture. Outside of owarai, boke is sometimes used in common speech as an insult, similar to "idiot" in English, or baka in Japanese.

No, I don't have much of an issue understanding it. I do have Google. I just don't understand the point. I know the Elemental Nation are Token Japanese, but putting words like that in the story just breaks up the flow, and doesn't add anything to the story that couldn't be portrayed better by using English. Japanese for the techniques is already sketchy enough, no need for it in conversation.

No, I don't have much of an issue understanding it. I do have Google. I just don't understand the point. I know the Elemental Nation are Token Japanese, but putting words like that in the story just breaks up the flow, and doesn't add anything to the story that couldn't be portrayed better by using English. Japanese for the techniques is already sketchy enough, no need for it in conversation.
Meh, felt weird to put the words in english as the flow felt wrong putting "comic" and "straightman", though it would have led to the same result of Naruto not understanding.

Honestly I like the japanese. It feels more authentic.

Plus Boke and Tsukkomi sounds better than comic and straight man.

Meh, felt weird to put the words in english as the flow felt wrong putting "comic" and "straightman", though it would have led to the same result of Naruto not understanding.
I'm not going to keep harping on this, because it's not a big deal, but it's traditionally considered bad writing.

"You see, in order to become genin, you have to pass a test. This test has a 63% chance of failure and will take place tomorrow. If you lose then you'll have to go back to the Academy." He explains.

66%, actually, since it's supposedly 2 out of 3 that fail.

Come of Sasuke, you shorted us our entertainment before, so you have to make up for it

-[X] Get Naruto and Sasuke to train with you after words.

Naruto gets his team bonding, Sasuke gets his training, and we fix their personalities slowly. win, win win.

Back