Hidden In the Leaves Redux (Naruto Quest)

[X] Try to diffuse the situation regarding your parents to attempt to keep them out of trouble. (Kind guy, people often don't mind following your lead.

[X] Try to diffuse the situation regarding your parents to attempt to keep them out of trouble. (Kind guy, people often don't mind following your lead.)

Shinda-kun and the Very Interesting Morning
[X] Don't even bother, though sometimes you put in your little inputs that stun them, stopping them a bit. (Deadpan snarker, sarcastic guy, the Lancer to your parents, however you wanna' call yourself. People don't take kindly too ya'.)

[X] Take the pudding for yourself.

You stare for a little before sighing, walking over, and taking the pudding for yourself.

Your parents stare at you as you walk off before they both shout. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING DAMNIT!?"

You glance back and reply blandly "Going to look for a spoon to eat this pudding in the kitchen."

They gape at your response as you walk off.

"Ah...This is gonna be delicious, I can tell." You mutter with a smile as you begin to eat breakfast of a cheese steak omelet with mushrooms pepper and onions.

"You sure you should be eating breakfast now? You did eat my pudding." Your mother, dressed in a simple black shirt and white pants says with a pout.

You can't help but snort at this. "Please, we both know that you would've eaten the pudding and then had breakfast to. And don't look so smug you would've done the same dad." You say once you see your father beginning to smirk.

"How could you treat us like this! My only child!?" Your mother and father shout in unison, tears streaming down their face, food forgotten.

After taking a bite of your omelet you reply slowly as if speaking to a child. "Because I'm the mature one out of the three of us."

At this they smash their heads onto the table, barely missing their food.

"There is no problem with small talk...however I didn't think that family breakfast would be so...festive." A voice says calmly.

You quickly turn towards the voice so fast you could swear you hear the bones in it creak, and all talk ceases at the table.

"Ah...Danzo-sama...what an...unexpected pleasure." An elder says.

That was very much an understatement. You've honestly only seen the old clan head a once or twice in your entire life.

He looks around quietly, surveying every member of the clan on the long table that the entire clan eats on.

"Would you...care to join us for breakfast Danzo-sama?" Another servant of the clan asks.

"No thank you." He politely declines.

With that he begins to walk painstakingly slow, though it couldn't be helped, the man was crippled. You quickly realize that he's walking towards you and you do your best not to show your fear or curiosity.

Finally, he stops next to you, hand on his cane looking down upon you.

You look him in the face and say nothing.

"...Stand up boy." Danzo finally speaks once more.

You stand up and he stares once more.

You swear that everyone at the table holds their breath.

As if coming to a realization, he nods before taking his hand off his cane, sitting down and placing it on your shoulder, single eye focused on the headband wrapped around your waist loosely due to it's longer than normal length for a headband, like a sash.

"Serve Konoha with distinction boy." He says.

With that he walks away.

Everyone waited with bated breath before chatter begins again.

You sit down, quietly returning to eat.

"You okay kiddo?" Your mom asks.

"Yeah kid. You alright?" Your dad follows up.

"Yeah, yeah why wouldn't I be?" You ask slightly concerned.

Your mom sighs before turning to glare at her food.

"Fuck. Sorry, I just...I hate that old ghoul. There's always been something off about him ever since I met him as a child..." She muttered clearly disturbed.

"Yeah...sorry..." You mutter finishing your food.

"Well, I'll be off now." You say getting up.

"Hey! Aren't you forgetting something?" Your mom asks.

You blink for a moment, frowning trying to remember before it hit's you.

"Ah, shit!" You shout, rushing back to your room.

There you quickly grab your...

[ ]

[ ]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This should be interesting...

Last edited:
[X] Humanoid Puppet.

Non human puppets start to hit diminishing returns pretty quick, but human puppets are pretty BS. I'd rather our focus be on the aspect of puppetry that will extend into something useful against the big hitters.

[X] Humanoid Puppet.

Non human puppets start to hit diminishing returns pretty quick, but human puppets are pretty BS. I'd rather our focus be on the aspect of puppetry that will extend into something useful against the big hitters.
Oh, this has nothing to do with your specialty at making puppets. In fact they're both already actual puppets made by Shinda. However I'm only allowing you to take one. They simply have differing combat styles.

Oh, this has nothing to do with your specialty at making puppets. In fact they're both already actual puppets made by Shinda. However I'm only allowing you to take one. They simply have differing combat styles.
Really? We use puppets made by someone else? That's pretty shit tier.

Regardless, conrolling humanoid and animal puppets should require at least a somewhat different skill-set, so I'm sticking with my choice.

Last edited:
You're in the village, you should be relatively safe, your only taking one for safety reasons.
This... doesn't really make sense. So can we assume that this has to do with future events? Some kinda of fight that will be affected by this choice even though it's supposed to be 'safe' in the village? Probably just a spar to determine the character's skills, actually.

[X] Animal Like Puppet

Because ninja are specifically trained to fight humans, so I figure an animal would have certain advantages.

This... doesn't really make sense. So can we assume that this has to do with future events? Some kinda of fight that will be affected by this choice even though it's supposed to be 'safe' in the village? Probably just a spar to determine the character's skills, actually.

[X] Animal Like Puppet

Because ninja are specifically trained to fight humans, so I figure an animal would have certain advantages.
Actually the human puppet would still have advantages as we could detach thelimbs and activate the various traps/tricks we store in them.

Back