Harry Potter and the Whims of Fate (Harry Potter Quest)

Getting near any of them to incapacitate them carries the risk of one of the others firing off a spell at us once the target is down. Are we good enough to dodge them? I'm also worried that they'll run away once the situation turns unfavorable and we'll be left with no useful information.

It seems unlikely they would fire a spell in Ignius's vicinity without a visible threat and with the risk of possibly hitting Ignius. Like I said, I like your plan, but I think we need to be slightly more proactive with helping Sirius to even the odds in his favor.

Information would be good, but we must ensure that Sirius and Harry are safe before worrying about that.

It seems unlikely they would fire a spell in Ignius's vicinity without a visible threat and with the risk of possibly hitting Ignius. Like I said, I like your plan, but I think we need to be slightly more proactive with helping Sirius to even the odds in his favor.

Information would be good, but we must ensure that Sirius and Harry are safe before worrying about that.
Why would they care about hitting a patsy? It's not like they care about the guy they (or their colleagues/superiors) have Imperius'd. And Sirius was already doing pretty good before, so distracting them would ease the pressure and let him finish them off.

[X] You know magic. Use it to intervene and assist Sirius. Even though you are a novice, you have a wand and remain clad in your invisibility cloak.
-[X] Stay under the Cloak and start dropping/flinging whatever physical objects you can use (heavy or sharp) at the initial attackers to distract them, preferably from behind cover to avoid getting hit by accident.

He is patsy, and they wouldn't mind hurting him, but why would anyone risk taking out one of their allies when they have no visual clues to aim for near him?

Last edited:
He is patsy, and they wouldn't mind hurting him, but why would anyone risk taking out one of their allies when they have no visual clues to aim for near him?
Because invisible enemies are dangerous? They're not allies, he's at most a useful tool, and not even that if he's been downed, so they'd have no trouble risking him in exchange for the chance of hitting us. After all, they don't know we're just a kid, so it could be anyone under the Cloak.

The other two were losing the duel before Ignius joined. You are suggesting that they would be willing to take out an ally, and therefore likely lose the duel, based upon the wild speculation that there is someone invisible next to Ignius?

The other two were losing the duel before Ignius joined. You are suggesting that they would be willing to take out an ally, and therefore likely lose the duel, based upon the wild speculation that there is someone invisible next to Ignius?
Wild speculation? He gets downed by something, they can't see anything to cause it - it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together and act before it's too late. Or is it better for them to let the invisible person get them one by one?

Right, so it has been brought to my attention that Aguamenti is actually something taught at NEWT levels, which I somehow missed when composing the original spell list for Harry.

Therefore, I've decided to swap it out for:

Waddiwasi (Novice)
Shoots a small and soft wad of whatever the caster desires at a target.

You may thank (or jinx) @Cteatus for the correction. Also, +60 XP.

Also, to answer some potential questions that might arise regarding the spells: the 'small and soft' part can be better overcome via higher mastery of the spell.

That's all, now back to your regularly scheduled program!

Last edited:
Right, so it has been brought to my attention that Aguamenti is actually something taught at NEWT levels, which I somehow missed when composing the original spell list for Harry.

Therefore, I've decided to swap it out for:

Waddiwasi (Novice)
Shoots a small and soft wad of whatever the caster desires at a target.

You may thank (or jinx) @Cteatus for the correction. Also, +60 XP.

Also, to answer some potential questions that might arise regarding the spells: the 'small and soft' part can be better overcome via higher mastery of the spell.

That's all, now back to your regularly scheduled program!
Right, time for the GUM ATTACK! :p

There is no point in further debate. I'm clearly not going convince you, and you are not going to convince me.

I do think that Waddiwasi is probably a better distraction spell. It is probably easier to cast, and we would not have to depend upon finding random objects to hurl at them.

Adding the idea:

[X] You know magic. Use it to intervene and assist Sirius. Even though you are a novice, you have a wand and remain clad in your invisibility cloak.
-[X] Stay under the Cloak and start dropping/flinging whatever physical objects you can use (heavy or sharp) at the initial attackers to distract them (if available, shooting gum at their eyes/mouth with Waddiwasi is a fine distraction as well), preferably from behind cover to avoid getting hit by accident.

There is no point in further debate. I'm clearly not going convince you, and you are not going to convince me.

I do think that Waddiwasi is probably a better distraction spell. It is probably easier to cast, and we would not have to depend upon finding random objects to hurl at them.
I understand where you're coming from, I just think coming close to any of them is excessively risky with our lack of combat experience and low spell knowledge. Anything can happen in combat, and if we can contribute while staying away from the fight, that's what we should do.

Last edited:
-[X] Stay under the Cloak and start dropping/flinging whatever physical objects you can use (heavy or sharp) at the initial attackers to distract them (if available, shooting gum at their eyes/mouth with Waddiwasi is a fine distraction as well), preferably from behind cover to avoid getting hit by accident.

Yeah, this seems like a reasonable approach.

Last edited:

Nice catch on the imperius @Unelemental can't believe I didn't see it. It seems kinda obvious now. Also guys arms grow back :whistle:
Yeah, but Harry is a noncombatant. That he is in possession of a dangerous weapon doesn't change the fact that he isn't trained properly and could react negatively to being up close and personal when lopping off someone's limb. He could freeze or panic, which is dangerous when he's in the middle of it all.

-[X] Stay under the Cloak and start dropping/flinging whatever physical objects you can use (heavy or sharp) at the initial attackers to distract them, preferably from behind cover to avoid getting hit by accident.

While I would prefer to be more aggressive, this plan is reasonable.

Back