Stress: 5/10

Accomplishments
Mechanical Engineering degree
Got a job in your field
Type 37 Special Purpose Rifle
Type 38 Self-Loading Pistol

Friends
Maeda Rumi: Your roommate.
Sanders Clara Rose: A colleague who works for Naylor, Sons & Daughters.

Coworkers
Mr. Watanabe: Your superior.
Mr. Akutagawa: The boss of the company.

Workshop 3
Ms. Ikeda Nioh: Chemist. She also seems to be Mr Watanabe's personal secretary, but you're not sure if that's an official position.
Mr. Yakade Yasuo: Physicist, specialized in ballistics. A living, breathing Technical Appendix C.
Mx. Kusonoki Mayumi: Has a degree in materials science. Gets a look on their face when they say they know more about wood than anyone.
Mr. Shiragiku Hideyoshi: Metalworker. Having met him, you've learned why metalworking is a craft and the meaning of the phrase "thinks himself heaven's gift to women".
Mr. Kashiwa Ichiro: An apprentice gunsmith with a background in carpentry and actually using guns on people.

Technologies
Rifles (Familiar)
Shotguns (Familiar)
Pistols (Familiar)

Rotate-and-pull bolts (Practical)
Straight-pull bolts (Practical)
Aperture sights (Practical)
Stripper clips (Practical)
Lever-delayed blowback operation (Practical)
Double-stack magazines (Practical)
Single-action handguns (Practical)
En bloc clips (Conceptual)
Simple blowback operation (Conceptual)
Short recoil operation (Conceptual)
Toggle-delayed blowback operation (Conceptual)
Blow forward operation (Conceptual)
Simple blowback operation (Conceptual)
Double-action pistols (Conceptual)
Automatic revolvers (Conceptual)

Last edited:
Thing is, this gun isn't actually that good at target shooting?

It's a ridiculously accurate, high power gun, but it's overspecialized.

On most target shooting courses, you won't need that massive power and range, because the target will be too close for it to be effective. Meanwhile, the very high weight and high recoil will make prolonged useage uncomfortable.

This is a gun to take to a special-built range to show off with, and then place in a museum as a show off piece.
This gun is both one of the best target rifles in the entire world and one of the worst target rifles in the entire world. It depends on what sort of target shooting you want to do. Historically in this period, 1000m Military Rifle Shooting was an Olympic sport and this gun is designed for that type of long distance precision work rather than punching holes in paper at an indoor range or doing the target shooting section of the Nordic Biathlon. It is absolutely not incorrect to say that it's made for target shooting, nor that it's very good at it.

Don't know if write ins are accepted, but I'm gonna do it!

[X] I heard Your Imperial Majesty enjoyed target shooting, and everything she gets should be unequalled.

Thing is, this gun isn't actually that good at target shooting?

It's a ridiculously accurate, high power gun, but it's overspecialized.

On most target shooting courses, you won't need that massive power and range, because the target will be too close for it to be effective. Meanwhile, the very high weight and high recoil will make prolonged useage uncomfortable.

This is a gun to take to a special-built range to show off with, and then place in a museum as a show off piece.

It depends entirely on what you mean by target shooting. If you want to spend a day shooting, it's not right. If you want to go out, take five bullets, put a few small holes in a tiny target and have tea during the minutes while your attendants fetch the cute little clover your overlapping bullet holes make while the bystanders politely ignore your giant grin at the powerful cannon, it's perfect.

They're shooting very long ranges in this time period, and this thing gives a solid chance that Her Imperial Majesty might be able to idly set a world record.

...yeah, okay, that phrasing is better and I'm changing my vote.

[X] I heard Your Imperial Majesty enjoyed target shooting, and everything she gets should be unequalled.

Was beginning to wonder if this was dead. Glad its back

You know, I'd imagine the imperial guard would want to get their hands on some of the rifles. Yeah, it's huge, and bulky and Heavy, but it also has some pretty insane performance specs.

Accurate enough to take a man's head off from 1500 meters.
Powerful enough to drill through all currently known forms of personal body armor.
Smooth action.
Can be made and maintained in house.
Recoil gentle enough you could use a sleeping baby to stabilize it and not even wake it (assuming said baby is wearing some absolutely incredible earmuffs)

You know, I'd imagine the imperial guard would want to get their hands on some of the rifles. Yeah, it's huge, and bulky and Heavy, but it also has some pretty insane performance specs.

Accurate enough to take a man's head off from 1500 meters.
Powerful enough to drill through all currently known forms of personal body armor.
Smooth action.
Can be made and maintained in house.
Recoil gentle enough you could use a sleeping baby to stabilize it and not even wake it (assuming said baby is wearing some absolutely incredible earmuffs)
Isn't the recoil a 5/10, and described as high? Even if the stand pushed it down to a 4 that is still probably above average. Though can't argue with the rest of the points.

I really like the wording of that, seems like a very court friendly way to show off our confidence in the rifle.

[X] I heard Your Imperial Majesty enjoyed target shooting, so I designed it for Your Imperial Majesty.

Back