Glory to the machines! (Empire Builder)

Should I switch this Quest to Single Transferrable Vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I feel like [X] Plan Colonize is somewhat along the lines of what I wanted to pursue. Voting for it.

Hmm, do we really need two Preliminary to Mining actions in Economy? I think we might be better off with one of them replaced by more Citizen Factories, since population is our major bottleneck and the more people we have the more results we can get out of any given action slot.

Hmm, do we really need two Preliminary to Mining actions in Economy? I think we might be better off with one of them replaced by more Citizen Factories, since population is our major bottleneck and the more people we have the more results we can get out of any given action slot.
Actually, the mechanic is that as you get more worlds under your control, you get more action slots.

Sure. @Isaacssv558, care to make/discuss the change?
I'm not really convinced we need two citizen factory expansions this turn. I'd rather do as much as we can on core mining and be able to spend more actions on mines and citizen factories on our colonies next turn. It's been stated that we need more colonies to get additional slots anyway so I'm not sure what benefit we'd get from having an extra action of citizen factories this turn. I'll consider changing it but unless someone gives a compelling reason not to wait until next turn I'll probably keep it as is.

Well, the way I see it, both resources and citizens are our bottlenecks for expansion, but we have a large enough supply of the former for it not to be an immediate problem, and the solution is in sight (core mining, asteroid mining).

On the other hand, the population problem is harder to deal with, and any attempts to sidestep it (for example, by improving individual capabilities of our citizens) are going to be tricky.

I don't feel strongly about any of those.

I may have missed something just jumping in but shouldn't we do something about our terrestrial communication or further improve transport for when the mines goes online?

Last edited:
Well, the way I see it, both resources and citizens are our bottlenecks for expansion, but we have a large enough supply of the former for it not to be an immediate problem, and the solution is in sight (core mining, asteroid mining).

On the other hand, the population problem is harder to deal with, and any attempts to sidestep it (for example, by improving individual capabilities of our citizens) are going to be tricky.

I don't feel strongly about any of those.
We're going to be spending a lot of those resources establishing those colonies and we'll have the solutions next turn. Once we've secured our resource supply we can pour actions, which we will have more of, into citizen factories. The population problem is also less immediate, and much easier to solve with increased resources.

I may have missed something just jumping in but shouldn't we do something about our terrestrial communication or further improve transport for when the mines goes online?
We should but those both use industrial actions and we only have two, both of which are needed for our expansion.

just a side note, cultural shifts re-distributing your ratings are most definitely possible. They will however be small and slow.

Also, you're sequence breaking by going for FTL right now. Normally, you'd have preferably spent a few turns slowboating around.

Last edited:
just a side note, cultural shifts re-distributing your ratings are most definitely possible. They will however be small and slow.
Not really interested in redistributing, improving yes, redistributing no.
Also, you're sequence breaking by going for FTL right now. Normally, you'd have preferably spent a few turns slowboating around.
The way I see it sequence breaking is the entire point of a research focused face. You may not have many industry actions, but you can afford to spend two actions a turn sequence breaking your transportation capabilities.

THIS PROJECT IS NOT ALLOWED TO GO QUIETLY INTO THE VOID! I SHALL OVERCOME ALL ADVERSITY! MY CREATION, RISE!

How would single transferable vote even work in a quest like this? Unless we allow the selection of more than one plan wouldn't it just be alternative vote? I suppose it might work if we had control of multiple species and made separate plan for each of them but could only pick one as our top choice.

On a related topic, I always seem to be the only person to make a plan. I think this has two causes: 1. Not very many players. 2. Not much disagreement on what we should do, simply what order we should do it in. The first will only be solved by additional voters. The second should decrease once we're out of our initial rebuilding phase. Basically, everyone agrees we need to rebuild and expand, but once we accomplish them we'll have more disagreement of what we should do, not just how we should do it. For example, should we hoard our tech and establish an empire, or give it out freely and rely on the goodwill to protect us. (Or any other alternative someone thinks of.)

How would single transferable vote even work in a quest like this? Unless we allow the selection of more than one plan wouldn't it just be alternative vote? I suppose it might work if we had control of multiple species and made separate plan for each of them but could only pick one as our top choice.

On a related topic, I always seem to be the only person to make a plan. I think this has two causes: 1. Not very many players. 2. Not much disagreement on what we should do, simply what order we should do it in. The first will only be solved by additional voters. The second should decrease once we're out of our initial rebuilding phase. Basically, everyone agrees we need to rebuild and expand, but once we accomplish them we'll have more disagreement of what we should do, not just how we should do it. For example, should we hoard our tech and establish an empire, or give it out freely and rely on the goodwill to protect us. (Or any other alternative someone thinks of.)
Yeah.. I'll just stick with normal voting for the most part then.

Back