Gate - Thus First Recon Fought There!

[Confused Growling Noises]
[Confused Grunting Noises]
How about actual sound advice?.
Don't use your incredibly expensive warship as a battering ram when you could just shoot them. :p

More seriously, I'm not going to bother giving advice on how to crush the legions. US armed forces don't need any help for that. I will give a piece of advice (that is blatantly stolen from an old post on SB) on what to do with the natives so that you don't end up with several million rebels after a couple of years of occupation.
Well if I was going to assimilate a whole planet empire of pre-industrial societies and didn't care about damning my soul to hell in the process I'd first start with a combination of buying or "liberating" spots of land with good resources for a developing UNSC frontier colony development sites for US interests and a few military bases. The buying or liberating would depend on how popular the current ruling class is though I'd prefer the "liberating" option as it leaves me in the strongest perceived position in terms of local authority (don't need to dance on eggshells around local rulers since I've already put the boot to their necks) and more easily allows radical shake ups in the way of life due to the upheaval already present and the general dislike for how the way things were.

Then I'd start grabbing chunks of land piece-meal, using casus belli (fuck you spell-check, it's a real word) created by some belligerent group or even manufacturing one and then conquering the shit out of that little group. The key thing is to not look like an existential threat to everyone at once. Play off petty rivalries, use the carrot (we're offering you a position in the future colonial government and more wealth and luxury than you've seen in your entire life) and the stick (such a nice family you have there, would be shame if anything were to happen to them) to win over influential individuals and even organizations, have obstinate troublemakers die of a heart attack or tragic accident, anything is allowed to divide and conquer the natives. Hell, if whole regions prove too troublesome, I'd find it truly tragic if some plague started to ravage them but (after a suitable length of time to allow order to break down) I'd offer medical aid and even cures after I'd "researched" the plague properly. If they question how my regions were unaffected, I'd point out the quarantine placed on any of them traveling into my lands and the advanced hygiene and medical practices that keep the people under me living such healthy and full lives. Wouldn't it be better to serve under the UNSC agree with what the USA wants you to do rather then some inbred moron who allowed this to happen?

And all the while, I'd be funneling resources and manpower into increasing infrastructure, technology, and learning (that promotes the proper *cough*unscamerican*cough* way of life). It would be gradual but the regions held by the UNSC USA would slowly outstrip non-UNSCUSA lands in production, wealth, and standard of living, becoming the ultimate silent argument for assimilation.

Nothing would be spared, everything, their religion, their rulers, their very way of life will be targeted, twisted, and used to bring them into the fold. With the most delicious carrot they've ever tasted and the biggest stick they've ever seen I'd slowly drag them into the UNSC/UEGAmerican sphere of influence for their own goo-

FOOWSH!!!

HOW'D YOU GET LOOSE BLASTER90!? GET BACK HERE!

AAAAAAIIIGH!!!

Edit: Another thing is that they really need to figure out how to deal with the Gods on the other side. They're all a bunch of assholes who play with the lives of entire nations for shits and giggles. American interests can never be secure when beings with the emotional and moral maturity of 3 year olds and the ability to bend reality to their whims are allowed to run amock.

Last edited:
Another thing is that they really need to figure out how to deal with the Gods on the other side. They're all a bunch of assholes who play with the lives of entire nations for shits and giggles. American interests can never be secure when beings with the emotional and moral maturity of 3 year olds and the ability to bend reality to their whims are allowed to run amock.

Hm, the gods beyond the Gate seems to be apostles who's lived long enough and ascend, and since Rory seems a pretty swell gal, it gives the implication that not all gods there are assholes. The only god/godling we know of who is definitely on the negative side of the spectrum is Hardy, who opened the Gate on a whim, and Giselle, the dragon controller who's shown to be both sociopathic and a pathetic coward.

You know the US could send in SEALs if they wanted to.
Can't really off anything for when the USas they curbstomp the Imps back. The Imps can't do much with a shotgun. All I know is that some Earth-borne disease comes ravaging on Gate world, and plenty of American puppets. I do hope they send manufacturing and repair equipment in case of gate collapse.

Is it weird that the infantry of the Legions looks far behind in the manga/anime when it comes to their cavalry, and their former allies/vassals?
Their elite looks like it came from the Renaissance.

You know the US could send in SEALs if they wanted to.

While SEALs are certified badasses they aren't necessarily any better in this scenario than any other qualified light infantry who can range far on foot and live off the land and are considerably less numerous and more specialized besides. It's like using a quality obsidian surgical scalpel to make the perfect incision where a (high quality) pocket knife is more than adequate.

That said, just like Iraq, it's safe to say the entire US Special Forces Community is going to get themselves dealed in on this.

Hm, the gods beyond the Gate seems to be apostles who's lived long enough and ascend, and since Rory seems a pretty swell gal, it gives the implication that not all gods there are assholes.

Trombley develops a report with the War Goddess in training?

Trombley's going to kill lots of people. Person is going to screw a bunny girl. And Colbert's probably going to kill a dragon . . . You take all the Harem aspects out and it still winds up wish fulfillment. Shit.

Last edited:
Trombley's going to kill lots of people. Person is going to screw a bunny girl. And Colbert's probably going to kill a dragon . . . You take all the Harem aspects out and it still winds up wish fulfillment. Shit.

You could have it so Person has to shoot every bunny girl he meets what with them being a bunch of Khornate worshippers in all but name.

Gate wiki page on Warrior Bunnies said:
Childbearing
Warrior Bunnies are very prolific and fertile, bearing several babies per pregnancy. Even though, the male to female ratio is very, very low, to the point that males of their species are incredibly rare. Nonetheless, Warrior Bunnies are able to breed with other races, so, when they find a male that interests them, they stay with him until they get bored or the relation cools off. Due to this, the concept of couples and families are alien to them and they raise the children communaly, as women of the tribe. The few males that are born are choosen as family men in order to provide a pure-bred female that would become the Queen.

History
Since long ago, warrior bunnies have been regarded as a cruel, violent, and debauched race. For the most part this is true. In the north-eastern plains on the continent where their kingdom stood, everyday tribes would hunt one another.

Three years ago, The Empire suddenly invaded in search of slaves. At that time, the one who ruled their kingdom was Tyuule. The warrior bunnies killed many of the empire's soldiers, however, it was their army that won. Tyuule sold herself as a sex slave to Prince Zorzal Caesar, to spare her people. However, she was deceived, and The Empire killed her people without her knowledge. The Empire made it seem as if Tyuule betrayed her people to save herself. The Empire gave them the choice of either surrendering themselves into slavery or being put to death.

It'd honestly be hilarious if the USA frees the survivors only for them to go back to their old war-like ways and become one of the biggest problems for US occupation forces for decades afterwards.

You could have it so Person has to shoot every bunny girl he meets what with them being a bunch of Khornate worshippers in all but name.

Or to make it a bit simpler, remember that plot arc where the Bunny Queen orders one of bunny girl (Adelle or Delilah? I don't remember) who's working in JDSF's area to sow conflict (EDIT: by murdering the enslaved citizen they manage to bring back) and ends up critically injuring one of the officer? Make it so that one is the bunny girl he's boinking, and make Person to be the guy she ends up almost killing. It's not much, but that'd be a good source of drama.

Last edited:
Or to make it a bit simpler, remember that plot arc where the Bunny Queen orders one of bunny girl (Adelle or Delilah? I don't remember) who's working in JDSF's area to sow conflict and ends up critically injuring one of the officer? Make it so that one is the bunny girl he's boinking, and make Person to be the guy she ends up almost killing. It's not much, but that'd be a good source of drama.
It'd probably be "better" if Person wasn't the main target but he was used as an unknowing patsy to target others, potentially many others. Let Person stew in the guilt and rage in the aftermath.

Edit: Incidentally, what's the policy on "harmless" natives giving gifts like food to US military personnel?

Last edited:
Now here's a scary thought for you: With the gate going up in the USA, the bunnygirls that are left, and haven't had the fight beat out of them yet, might end up seeing the USAS as their liberators (if, somehow, the politicians, military and civilian, do not manage to fuck it up...) Even with the parts of the military code that say not to sex up the locals, one would think that it would happen anyway.

In twenty or so years, you end up with this:

And no one will look at bunnygirls the same way ever again.

edit: Whoops. Forgot, Generation Kill. Of course the politicos'll fuck it up somehow.

Last edited:
When the USMC makes first contact with the BGs, the politicals aren't gonna be able to yank the leash hard enough to drag the Devil Dogs outta them.

Hell mass exodus into the US may be a real treat - imagine the splash they'd make: massive right wing conservative, pro life, pro sex, pro gun, pro military, amazon female rights commando activists...

Probably because they'll see the non-human girls as illegal immigrants (even though that ain't happening considering there's only one heavily-monitored and guarded gate) and as abominations before God or something.

Or it could be that they would concider them as not human and thus not equal, just like their kind thought of Blacks, Women, and Asians.

You know, anyone with any difference at all.

All right, even though I actually agree with 90% of what's being said, we're getting off topic. So, how long until the Imperial Capitol gets a nice hearty dose of SHOCK AND AWE?

Back