Gangster Squad Redux - One Crimefighter At Sufficient Velocity...

Name

Name

Cale

Human?

Yes

Handedness

Right-Handed
History

Origin

Life-Long Citizen

Education

Graduate

Politics

Hegemonist

The War

Stayed Home

Ambition

Power

Motivation

Responsibility

Vice

Lust

Virtue

Diligence
Lifestyle

Employment: Law Enforcement

Residence:

Class:2

Transportation:
Augmentation

Eyes

Right Arm

Ears

Left Arm

Brain

Right Hand

Throat

Sub-Dermal Armor

Left Hand

Chest

Sub-Dermal Armor

Left Leg

Torso

Sub-Dermal Armor

Right Leg

Spine

Sub-Dermal Armor

Other

Sub-Dermal Armor (Pelvis, Left/Right Shoulder, Head.)
Traits

Police Training

Take the Bullet

Physical

Mental

Social

Grit 3

Intelligence: 0

Slickness: 0

Fisticuffs: 3

Dexterity: 3

Stature: 3

Steadiness: 0

Sleuthiness: 1

Connections: 2

Derring Do: 3

Covertness: 0

Contacts:0

Strikes

Fatigue

Stress

Hardiness: 8

Sharpness: 1

Resolve: 9

Vitality: 15

Endurance: 8

Resilience

Perks

Perks

Perks

-Healthy
-Hardy
-Bloodlust
-Knife Nut
-Shrug It Off
-Strong Arm
-A Thrower Of Sharp Things
-
-
-

-Knowledge: Madison City Neighborhoods
-Knowledge: Architecture
-Knowledge: Xianese Crime
-
Knowledge - The Vitelian War
- Networking: Police Force
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Advancement

I think this is good, but it may require more work.

You have 9 pieces of subdermal armor which totals up to 405$ and Class 2 guys normally only get 250 to start with. Also, that's 18 Physical Advancement Points, and I'm pretty sure all your physical advancement points are tied up in your perks. And I'm not entirely sure, you can have all those physical perks even if you didn't have subdermal. Because even assuming only 5 points for the ones I couldn't find a cost for that's 35 points of physical perks right there. Well... unless some of the knife ones count as mental because dexterity. But even then all your PAP and MAP and GAP combined only hits 30(and yes I factored in the 10 points from traits). Though I suppose that only puts you 5 under so not as bad as I thought it was at first. Assuming Strong Arm or thrower of sharp things don't have a higher perk cost. Especially since they still aren't official perks. And I'm pretty sure its been mentioned that strong arm is gonna be nerfed. And wouldn't be surprised if thrower got nerfed to.

Also, heh, its kind of amusing how easy it is to rack up a bunch of knowledge perks for free.

You have 9 pieces of subdermal armor which totals up to 405$ and Class 2 guys normally only get 250 to start with. Also, that's 18 Physical Advancement Points, and I'm pretty sure all your physical advancement points are tied up in your perks. And I'm not entirely sure, you can have all those physical perks even if you didn't have subdermal. Because even assuming only 5 points for the ones I couldn't find a cost for that's 35 points of physical perks right there. Well... unless some of the knife ones count as mental because dexterity. But even then all your PAP and MAP and GAP combined only hits 30(and yes I factored in the 10 points from traits). Though I suppose that only puts you 5 under so not as bad as I thought it was at first. Assuming Strong Arm or thrower of sharp things don't have a higher perk cost. Especially since they still aren't official perks. And I'm pretty sure its been mentioned that strong arm is gonna be nerfed. And wouldn't be surprised if thrower got nerfed to.

Also, heh, its kind of amusing how easy it is to rack up a bunch of knowledge perks for free.

Hmm, I don't precisely remember how much I knew at the time.

I'll get working on it later.

Anyway, I'm using Killua for tomorrows thing.

I feel like a one handed shotgun pump thing would probably require a perk. Especially if you are going to do it with two shotguns at the same time in the middle of a firefight. It would probably also require a dex check and if you fail the shotgun misfires. But... it would be pretty cool.

Hmmm... if you had a funky ammo belt that had like breakaway straps keeping the shells in place, I could see someone dual wielding breech loaded shotguns. On an unrelated note, I think when I rework E8 I'm gonna see if I can't turn him into the ULTIMATE SNIPER. Though that's pretty counter to his initial incarnation of being a crazy murder hobo that was really good at throwing things.

I thought he was supposed to get bio-augmented? Or did that not fall through?

K.

And here is a completely retooled Edward Eddington. Oh yeah I was gonna use him to test the doc's crazy steroids. Never did go through with that. Heh. I might still do it. But for now, he goes from crazy murder hobo who likes throwing things to the ULTIMATE RIFLEMAN. Also, I changed his name.

Name

Name

Eddy Edwards

Human?

Yes

Handedness

Right

History

Origin

Frontier

Education

Graduate

Politics

Flesh First

The War

Marine Experience

Ambition

Power

Motivation

Boredom

Vice

Envy

Virtue

Diligence
Lifestyle

Archetype

Partner

Employment

Rank

Military

Residence

Class

Transportation

Augmentation

Eyes

Right Arm

Ears

Left Arm

Brain

Right Hand

Throat

Left Hand

Chest

Left Leg

Torso

Right Leg

Spine

Other

Traits

Physical

Mental

Social

Grit

Intelligence

Slickness

Fisticuffs

Dexterity

Stature

Steadiness

Sleuthiness

Connections

Derring Do

Covertness

Contacts

Strikes

Fatigue

Stress

Hardiness

Sharpness

Resolve

Vitality

Endurance

Resilience

Perks

Perks

Perks

- Disciplined
- Aim High
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- Tough
- Center Mass
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- Double Tap
- Weapon Proficiency R1 Rifle Carbine
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Advancement

3 MAP

1 GAP
Inventory: Balanced R1 Battle Rifle Carbine, Coolstone 20, Quick-Draw Holster, Barrier Vest

He rolls 1d10+5 to shoot on the move. 2d10+3 if I want to him to shoot twice while on the move, but with double tap that's not much of an issue. If he's got a sniper nest set up, he'll be rolling 1d10+10 I believe. I think its +2 to shoot while prone? or was it only +1?

Last edited:
Well, finally made Lady Blingmore. Fear her!

Name

Name

Catherine Claymore

Human?

Yes

Handedness

Right

History

Origin

The Sacred Nobility

Education

Student

Politics

Constructionist

The War

Allies

Ambition

Power

Motivation

Responsibility

Vice

Wrath

Virtue

Charity
Lifestyle

Archetype

Partner

Employment

Rank

Residence

Class

Transportation

Augmentation

Eyes

Right Arm

Ears

Left Arm

Brain

Right Hand

Throat

Left Hand

Chest

Left Leg

Torso

Right Leg

Spine

Other

Traits

Giant (2)

Fundamentalist (0)

Physical

Mental

Social

Grit

5+1

Intelligence

Slickness

Fisticuffs

Dexterity

Stature

Steadiness

Sleuthiness

Connections

Derring Do

Covertness

Contacts

Strikes

Fatigue

Stress

Hardiness

Sharpness

Resolve

Vitality

Endurance

Resilience

Perks

Perks

Perks

- Cage of Iron
- Bloodlust
- Trade: Metalworking
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- Furious Charge
- Knowledge: Anglican History
- Networking: Anglican Military
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- Weapon Proficiency Claymore
- Knowledge: Union City
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Advancement

3 MAP

5 SAP
Inventory: Heirloom Claymore (level 1), Slab Suit, Plate Armor, (Head, Right and Left Thigh, Right arm), Shutter Goggles, Silk Vest, 110$ leftover

If she hits with her claymore she does 15 edged damage. =D

I am a terrible person. xD

Holy crap, just checked the reference chart, if she hits anyone with her claymore that's an auto destroy pretty much. xD

Last edited:
If you mean character creation, I believe it means you're required to have that level of class in order to play as that archetype. If you mean in-game effects, I think it just gives a general baseline for how much money you normally make in your Career, how much money you start off with, and some kind of penalty when rolling noncombat or verbal combat dice when interacting with someone with a lower Class than you do.

EDIT: Actually, reading it more closely...yeah, it might mean you have to have a certain class depending on your background. So if you were a Lifelong Citizen, if that was the case you'd have to have a Class of 1 - no more, no less.

Dunno how it would effect Rivals but that's my interpretation at least, see what Sketch says.

Last edited:
Fuck it, we're doing it live.

Tonight at 6pm I am running "The Great Zeppelin Hunt". I'm going to work in about an hour, so when I get back this afternoon I'm expecting characters. This might take multiple sessions, but we're starting now.

This adventure takes place during the high point of the Viteli War. You guys are an elite squad of marine commandos making a covert mission into one of Viteli's colonies, Khevlania, an overgrown and underdeveloped chunk of land of perceptual dusk. The locals have a technology level roughly equivalent to the 1850s and would be totally beneath notice if it weren't for the fact that the Viteli Legions have parked one of their largest zeppelins here for repairs. You can't let that happen.

I need six characters for various roles. The Rival archetype is off-limits, your kit will be predetermined so don't bother with money, you obviously don't need to answer the "War" question on the sheet and your Motivation should be why you are in the Marines. This'll be taking place quite a bit in the past, so you'll be rocking nothing more than gangster vests and helmets for armour and more primitive weapons than Gangster Squad is used to. If this goes well, we'll be relaunching sooner!

We need...

The Officer: A Mentor or similar to lead the squad. You'll get a Sinestra Typewriter and a pistol.

The Explosives Expert: Somebody a little unhinged to carry and use the squad's explosives to take out the zeppelin... and anything else. You'll get a shotgun.

The Big Guy: Somebody to carry the squad's machine-gun. You'll want Grit and whatever physical perks you can manage. You'll be carrying the team's Rattler and a sidearm.

The Rifleman: A solid character who can help people out. Recommending Partner. You'll be carrying a bolt-action rifle.

The Medic: Somebody with some brains who can keep the team from dying terribly. You'll have a rifle and appropriate medical gear.

The Translator: You'll be infiltrating a foreign country, after all. You'll get the language perk for free, plus a Basilone.

Everyone will also be carrying stuff like grenades and whatever, so watch your perks. Augments are off-limits for this mission.

Who wants in?

I call dibs on The Rifleman. How do I need to spec him apart from having very good Steadiness?

You'll probably want a well-rounded character who can take up the slack for their comrades. A nice mix of perks and such.

Yo Sketch, would it be alright if I can have that Bolt Action outfitted with a Bayonet? It'll give me a Reason to get the Bayonet Drill perk. :p

Back