Gangster Squad Redux - One Crimefighter At Sufficient Velocity...

Yo, @open_sketchbook ! What potential backgrounds/countries are there, again, for the immigrant origins? Also, what's the name and history of that one not-Jewish ethnicity? May have to take a crack at making one BJ Blaskowitz to commemorate the new Wolfenstein.

Also, on related note, what's up with the 'Too Young' and 'Out of the country' picks for The War not giving anything, when the other stuff does? I'm assuming it's a little like having the Politics pick be encouraging people to be involved with the world, but still.

...Also, call me crazy, but I'm tempted to suggest you notch up the bonus from the Flesh First political party. Not much, just to 7 or 8 points' worth or an extra minor item (steroids are guilt free in this era!) or something, but just enough for fascism to tweak people's minmaxing instincts for being a combat monster. :p

Last edited:
That's not an assumption these rules necessarily make. You could get "Disciplined" from military training without ever seeing combat.
Fair enough. Not everyone has the (mis)fortune of being posted on the front.

How do you calculate for Resilience and Resolve, by the way? And do I assume that the 34th District's PD uses the Coolstone 20 or can I go ahead and get the Type-10 Black Star for Grigori due to his Copper Archetype?

EDIT: One last thing, how do you calculate for someone's Career Rank in their char sheet?

Yo, @open_sketchbook ! What potential backgrounds/countries are there, again, for the immigrant origins? Also, what's the name and history of that one not-Jewish ethnicity? May have to take a crack at making one BJ Blaskowitz to commemorate the new Wolfenstein.

Also, on related note, what's up with the 'Too Young' and 'Out of the country' picks for The War not giving anything, when the other stuff does? I'm assuming it's a little like having the Politics pick be encouraging people to be involved with the world, but still.

...Also, call me crazy, but I'm tempted to suggest you notch up the bonus from the Flesh First political party. Not much, just to 7 or 8 points' worth or an extra minor item (steroids are guilt free in this era!) or something, but just enough for fascism to tweak people's minmaxing instincts for being a combat monster. :p
Beep. Warning, lore is dangerously in need of a rewrite on almost all fronts, and is of course totes incomplete. PM me if you are looking for deets/something that is missing.

Haven't figured out what I want to put there yet.

That's actually a really good idea.

Fair enough. Not everyone has the (mis)fortune of being posted on the front.

How do you calculate for Resilience and Resolve, by the way? And do I assume that the 34th District's PD uses the Coolstone 20 or can I go ahead and get the Type-10 Black Star for Grigori due to his Copper Archetype?

EDIT: One last thing, how do you calculate for someone's Career Rank in their char sheet?

Resilience is Stature x2, Resolve is Stature + 6 for now. Changing may change.

If it falls under the cost of the weapon you can get you can have it.

Not done yet.

Last edited:
Beep. Warning, lore is dangerously in need of a rewrite on almost all fronts, and is of course totes incomplete. PM me if you are looking for deets/something that is missing.

Haven't figured out what I want to put there yet.

That's actually a really good idea.

Resilience is Stature x2, Resolve is Stature + 6 for now. Changing may change.

If it falls under the cost of the weapon you can get you can have it.

Not done yet.
Thanks O_S

Hey, Sketch, in general, how are Deprogrammed Soldiers accepted in Union City?

Are they trusted in any official capacity?

Because I thinking on whether they'd allow one to become a cop, or part of the military, and I'm coming up with a pretty solid 'negatory' on that.

...Also, call me crazy, but I'm tempted to suggest you notch up the bonus from the Flesh First political party. Not much, just to 7 or 8 points' worth or an extra minor item (steroids are guilt free in this era!) or something, but just enough for fascism to tweak people's minmaxing instincts for being a combat monster.

Asmonian.

EDIT: Wait, shit. Quoted the wrong post. Damnit.

On an unrelated note, I made up an event (and an entire island, actually) for the Vitelian War for my character's backstory. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, I hope?

Last edited:
Hey, Sketch, in general, how are Deprogrammed Soldiers accepted in Union City?

Are they trusted in any official capacity?

Because I thinking on whether they'd allow one to become a cop, or part of the military, and I'm coming up with a pretty solid 'negatory' on that.
Ya'll will be getting the new "Black Mark" trait, which will make getting and keeping certain jobs harder among other circumstantial penalties. You can get into law enforcement, but you won't have an easy time.

As for the military, it's quite the contrary. The more cynical might see the Union City deprogramming efforts as an attempt to straight-up recruit from their enemies.

Asmonian.

On an unrelated note, I made up an event (and an entire island, actually) for the Vitelian War for my character's backstory. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, I hope?

Yeah that's p much exactly why the world is kept all vague.

Asmonian.

Don't worry about that, I've been making up large swathes of Suburbia as I go through Ford's history, considering how some of the lore is being re-written anyway, its not a huge problem.

(I also strongly support a Sicani island off of Viteli.)

Want Gangster Squad running faster? Head over to Sleuth's Quest and help get Donnie on her feet and running with the new system; once I'm confident in the numbers, Gangster Squad can start up again.

This weekend I'm going to be running our first test since we've got back. It'll be a non-canonical test run of the new system and some of it's ins and outs, and how it affects combat and such. Breaking into a castle held by the Viteli Legions! I'll need five players, exact time TBD. We'll be testing new skill system, combat shields, new grappling, new morale and fatigue, and all sorts of other fun stuff.

I've also been doing some pretty intensive rewrites that'll effect Gangster Squad's baddies.

- Galvanic Jane (the new Electric Lady) and her movement is a bit better defined, which'll be fun. Expect highly-skilled and highly augged footsoldiers and lots of explosives.
- Flesh First is now much less skinhead gang and much more 1920s quasi-illegal fascist political party alternating between trying for legitimacy and trying to spark a revolution in the street. They'll still have their tattooed musclebound street toughs, but they've got a lot more organization now. And ties to the Army.
- Speaking of, I'm writing new rules for Flesh First style bio-augs. You'll be able to get them like regular Augs, and they are going to be a lot more scary.
- First pass on Superpowers has been jotted down on paper, so expect Substreet to come back in a big way.

I'm also going to change the format a bit. There's going to be less overhead and missions will be more stand-alone. You'll be salvaging less equipment per mission now (it makes you guys too OP too quickly) and instead I'm going to write the whole squad a profile that works like a character profile, complete with taking penalties that'll factor into the starts of missions. So more abstraction, basically.

Last edited:
Count me in as long as it happens on a Friday - Sunday, I'll gladly bring Nathan along.

Which means I should get back to work on T3. GRAPPLE AND/OR PUNCH ALL THE THINGS! Though till an exact time and date are decided I don't know for sure if I can make it.

Oh, are we still going to be using rollz or are will we be moving to Roll20?

In universe Ford is likely currently trying to not die in Suburbia, so seeing as this is a war flashback, I'm just going to watch :p

I intend for Xiaowen to grapple/sword things if I can make this. Technically she's not supposed to have her augs yet, though.

Last edited:
If she wasn't already getting them on Sicani, I would suggest making this the battle where she needs to get her augs, after its all over of course. You don't want your character to die in their own flashback.

Right, here is Killua.

Name

Partner.

Name

Killua

Human?

Yes

Handedness

Right-Handed
History

Origin

Frontier

Education

Uneducated

Politics

Constructionist

The War

Too Young

Ambition

Power

Motivation

Altruism

Vice

Gluttony

Virtue

Kindness
Lifestyle

Employment: Reporting

Residence:

Class: 1

Transportation: Walking
Augmentation

Eyes

Right Arm

Ears

Left Arm

Brain

Right Hand

Throat

Left Hand

Chest

Left Leg

Torso

Right Leg

Spine

Other

Traits

Tough

Giant

Illiterate(Negated)

Physical

Mental

Social

Grit:

3+1+1

Intelligence

Slickness

Fisticuffs:

Dexterity

Stature

Steadiness

Sleuthiness

Connections

Derring Do

Covertness

Contacts

Strikes

Fatigue

Stress

Hardiness

Sharpness

Resolve

Vitality

Endurance

Resilience

Perks

Perks

Perks

-Combat Reflexes

-Defensive Stance
-Grapple Master

-Silent Takedown

-Language: Anglic
-Quick Thinker
-Trade: Stalking.
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Advancement

1 Mirabelle Dragoon.

0 Physical
0 Mental
0 Social
1 Generic

Please feel free to point out any mistakes I've made.

I assumed the Grit point granted by Uneducated was allowed to break the 3-Point max, like with Giant.

I am playing with this guy, for the game.

Last edited:
Just an idea; what if, instead of giving +1 to Grit, Giant should instead give 1 skill point that can be spent on Grit. Same thing for Uneducated, except it's a skill point that can be spent on Grit or Contacts. So you just have 2 extra skill points instead of the effective equivalent of like, 5 skill points.

There is no 3 point max. You can hit 4 or 5, it's just very expensive to do so.

Last edited:
Name

Name

Thomas Thompson the Third

Human?

Yes

Handedness

Ambidextrous

History

Origin

Moneyed

Education

Graduate

Politics

Apolitical

The War

Stayed Home

Ambition

Mastery

Motivation

Altruistic

Vice

Wrath

Virtue

Kindness
Lifestyle

Archetype

Copper

Employment

Rank

Athlete

Residence

Class

Transportation

Augmentation

Eyes

Right Arm

Ears

Left Arm

Mechanical Replacement

Brain

Right Hand

Built-in Knucks

Throat

Left Hand

Built-in Knucks

Chest

Left Leg

Torso

Right Leg

Spine

Other

Traits

Amputee (-2)

Ambidextrous (4)

Police Training

Take the Bullet

Physical

Mental

Social

Grit

Intelligence

Slickness

Fisticuffs

Dexterity

Stature

Steadiness

Sleuthiness

Connections

Derring Do

Covertness

Contacts

Strikes

Fatigue

Stress

Hardiness

Sharpness

Resolve

Vitality

Endurance

Resilience

Perks

Perks

Perks

- Weapon Proficiency Fists
- Brawler
- Knowledge- Hand to Hand Combat
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- Thousand Crack Fists
- Bloodlust
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- Furious Charge
- Knowledge- Vitelan War
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Advancement

2 SAP banked
Inventory: Silk Vest, Barrier Vest, Barrier armorx6 (Shoulders, thighs, arms), Grand Army Helm, Steel Toed Boots, Back sheath, Pulse Jian (Lady Xiang)

Hmmmm... I don't actually have enough PAP to get both knucks unless I ditch a perk. But I figured they were a major part of T3 so I'm hoping that's not an issue. I don't know how much a generic replacement arm with no special features costs so I assumed 60 bucks because combined with built in knucks that's a nice round 100. Either way even with the rest of the stuff paid off T3 still has 202$ left. Well not counting the Pulse Jian. I don't know if Gangster Squad is still going to be allowed to keep it or not. But it has been T3's primary weapon for a number of missions so I put it in anyways. I guess I can get to work on Professor Proton now.

Hmm, how did you get all that in there? I think you might have too many skill points.

Also, you have 32 points invested in physical perks and augs, which is 6 more than you should be able to spend in that category. If you ignore the per category caps though you're still within the limits except for the skill points issue.

I think the pulse jian might be accurately described as a disc one nuke.

Back