Game, Set, [MAFIA]

Do people like pointless polls with their mafia?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I didn't answer this.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Wynaut?

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
5. Additionally, the explanation of not being sure to trust Scia doesn't account for this very early push on Tykan D4, when pushing, particularly with no added reasoning, is terrible for town.
That was me being unsure whether or not the previous suspicions on Tykan had somehow changed due to the weirdness with Zaealix.
Additionally, a lot of this is playing carefully around the hammer, which hurt YP D3.
I learn from my mistakes :p . I've never really played a game with a hammer before, and so I took a bit to get used to it and start thinking of uses.
YP has claimed to have never played past D1, which makes the mid-game play being iffy fairly excusable.
That is not true. I claimed that people usually suspect me day 1. Mos of the few games I've played I lived longer, though those were either because I was new and people wanted me to live for a bit, because I outed myself as a neutral role, or for other reasons.
Aand Ninja'd, don't want to lose it so I'll just post.

Takes three to hammer, my friend. But that's a very telling response.

D1 Watch shadel. saw IH visit them,
D2 Watch shadel saw Zaeliax , didn't saw ondine because my drawback says that if there are more then 1 visitors I am missing one of them.
D3 Watch shadel Role blocked
D4 Watch shadel TD, as I had assumed that shadel would protect them, and I had missread that TD was unable to protect them that night.
D5 Watch shadel saw no visitor

So, why should we vote Meso?

Voting:
D1 makes sense to me broadly. It's weak, but it's D1, though I don't like LDJ ultimately dying D1 on their first game back.
I don't like D2: We now know that both other scum were on this train, and it's quite weak on Meso's part to argue this and leave the vote.
D3 is fine, but also easy bussing.
Being on Tykan D4 with Swarmingu right there isn't a great look.

We've discussed Meso's D2 actions a good deal, and I've posted why I didn't like them. That still holds.

here Meso claims to be thinking of Tykan as suspect. yet a page earlier, Meso claimed to have an intention to vote for Swarmingu.

Behavior from other scum:
Zaealix mentioned Mesonoxian a few times in odd ways: here and here. These look to be arguing against Meso, but actually push people away from reading Meso as scum. It's a bit suspect.

Powers:
Meso has claimed to be a cop who can't identify a scum randomly every night. This is very odd doubled up with the lawyer power, as it makes the cop essentially worthless. Meanwhile, other abilities we've had haven't hit the central functioning of that ability, so much as constrained its use or made misapplying it a disadvantage. The cop with a failure rate tends to imply a godfather or the like, which might be the lawyer, but the lawyer power was described as standard. In short, this feels like the kind of drawback you make up. By contrast, neither other fool pushed Young Pyromancer on the stated drawback.

This is also weird, in that Meso discounts the lawyer power entirely. here Meso claimed to swear off visiting, and yet later visited.

OTOH, Meso had the flavor text for the roleblock, which is somewhat exonerating. Though, we know Nictis varied whether drawbacks repeated, so scum might honestly have just gotten this in their message (and likely should have), though Zaea was the one who roleblocked me.

Anyway, right now, I feel that Scia's too clean, so Meso has to be the vote, but my gut says Scia's been extremely quiet since outing Zaealix and I really don't like that.

OTOH, if Scia is scum, this is a great game from a new player and Scia deserves to win for that, so

[x] Vote Mesonoxian
I stand by voting for QTess. Town can't permit people to go an entire day phase with one zero content post. If we do, scum can just lurk and the game becomes unplayable, or at least strictly mechanical with no social element.

I've been suspicious of @Scia which I might as well admit is why I wanted a list of watch targets, so I could run it against the list of claims people have made and look for contradictory information, but that seems to not be forthcoming and there isn't enough time now anyway.
Scia comes through right before I post. That matches up with the claims I have found, so that is promising.
I agree with you about my role and plan on mentioning that to Nictis afterwards. My role was more of a hindrance than a help, in that I got town results on one scum atleast (probably two) and became useless after swarmingu was caught.

I thought the scum team was Zaealix, swarmingu, and Tykan and was cool with taking them in any order.

I had been leabing towards Scia being scum and deserving to win, but @Young Pyromancer trying to hammer me as soon as he thought it was possible is really scummy, especially after Shadell asked for the opposite of that.

[X] vote Young Pyromancer

What do you mean? I said I'd follow Shadell, so I did. Didn't see their post asking me not to vote until I had posted.
"Oh, well, GG" sounds like you thought the game was ending right then and there. And if you're scum and can end the game, that is what you should do.

Also, I find it unlikely you missed the post with the mention in it, given that you posted very shortly after it. I mean you could have, but that isn't what it seems like. It seems like you thought you were making the winning move.

Hammer is three players.

All i I know is I am town and Shadell is town, and right now, Scia seems a lot townier than you do.

Hammer is three players.

All i I know is I am town and Shadell is town, and right now, Scia seems a lot townier than you do.
That's fair, but kind of feels like you're just trying to push through a lynch on me here. If I vote on you again, which you're kinda baiting me to do here, a scum!scia would be able to hammer you and win here. You just said Scia's a possibility, yet you're willing to risk the game?

That's fair, but kind of feels like you're just trying to push through a lynch on me here. If I vote on you again, which you're kinda baiting me to do here, a scum!scia would be able to hammer you and win here. You just said Scia's a possibility, yet you're willing to risk the game?
I am in fact trying to push through a lynch on you, because you're my top scum read and the only one who has any chance of being voted since Shadell seems to have written off Scia as a threat, probably accurately.

If you vote for me, you vote for me. I can't stop you. But that isn't me risking the game.

The only two votes I am 100% sure will cost us the game is against myself or Shadell, and you can't get the votes to kill Shadell.

I'll happily answer any questions any of you have, I have nothing to hide. I know I look scummy and if the townies here decide to vote me I can't blame you.

I am in fact trying to push through a lynch on you, because you're my top scum read and the only one who has any chance of being voted since Shadell seems to have written off Scia as a threat, probably accurately.
Not necessarily. If we had both agreed on Scia, it's likely Shadell would have voted for them too to avoid a deadlock.
Now, however, that is likely the case. If Scia's scum we're screwed, so I might as well
[X} vote Mesonoxian

That'll let us clear the vote down to the two of us.
So I should probably explain what just happened better.
1. I read Shadell's post on me, and began writing a response.
2. Someone had posted in the thread. I finished my post, as I didn't want to lose it, then reloaded the page.
3. I saw Shadell's post against Meso.
4. As previously stated, I followed Shadell's vote, thinking the hammer was two (I still don't get how it's calculated btw, and would appreciate it if someone told me after the game), and didn't see that Shadell had made a different post, which had rolled over to a new page.
5. I saw the request to not vote yet, and Meso's statement that the hammer was 3. I immediately retracted.

That'll let us clear the vote down to the two of us.
So I should probably explain what just happened better.
1. I read Shadell's post on me, and began writing a response.
2. Someone had posted in the thread. I finished my post, as I didn't want to lose it, then reloaded the page.
3. I saw Shadell's post against Meso.
4. As previously stated, I followed Shadell's vote, thinking the hammer was two (I still don't get how it's calculated btw, and would appreciate it if someone told me after the game), and didn't see that Shadell had made a different post, which had rolled over to a new page.
5. I saw the request to not vote yet, and Meso's statement that the hammer was 3. I immediately retracted.
I now know 100% that you are scum, which is surprisingly relieving. Doubt gets wearing after a while.

I don't buy this. The statement at the start of day six is that it takes three to hammer. The only place where the idea that we were one vote from hammer comes from is Shadell's post, which explicitly says not to vote to avoid hammer and which you claimed not to have seen. You didn't retract your vote until I pointed out you were wrong.

Even if you did make an honest mistake, making a vote against me when you claimed to think Scia might be scum and after chiding me for "risking the game" doesn't look very towny.

Perhaps that is colored by my certain knowledge of your scumminess, but it sure doesn't seem like town play.

Back