To make people actually remember, here's it once for posterity: Minako is nonbinary and uses they/them. This message will be pinned so you people stop getting it wrong and pissing me off. If you get it wrong in the future I'm going to be much less nice, considering you have to scroll past it just to read the quest.

I'm about 80% sure you must be trolling.
I'm really not, I just suck at explaining my own thoughts tbh.

Edit
Offending wasn't the intent, merely expressing an opinion that I admittedly knew would be unpopular and would get me dogpiled on but i felt i had to Express in some capacity despite my mental illness making it difficult to find the right way to properly express it.

Last edited:
Interesting is that Lady Rin has a twin sister, who, apparently, is not a meguca or at least doesn't participate in the cult's meetings.
Would be fun if Rin sends her sincerest condolences to Sayaka, because a family member making a contract is the most horrifying nightmare for her too.
(of course it's only piss Miki-Sakuras off even more because of misgendering)

The titanic uberseed in Mitakihara is pretty easy to find.
Then it's certainly a key to solve all our problems!
Let's unearth it and throw it on Kasamino!

On an unrelated note, I am still puzzled by the title of the Quest. I still am confused what or who is 'Easy to Find'. Probably will come in relevant the next Chapter or two.
I'll be honest, what comes to mind here is The Cornerwitch comic. It's nice and short but the gist of it is that the whole thing bookends with "They call us the cornerwitches, and we're easy to find, if you know where to look."

Given the themes and color pallets, it seems... fitting to Sayaka and Kyouko.

Moid I'm gonna need this to be at least 20 percent gayer. I know I counted at least one straight person and that's just *sniff* unacceptable. /ssssssss obviously

Seriously though this is such a nice break from having allocishet crammed down my throat at all times.

"They?" The girl pushes her hand into her chest. "Oh, bless her heart. She doesn't know her destiny."
D̼͖̰͞i͙̲̤̥̤e̛͙̭̰ ̛̦̰̗̠i͚̮̟n͈̣̘̼ ͉̫̱̬̻a̮̮̰̞̙̤ͅ ̦̻̘͉̹͡f̷͓̹̞̣̩̟͕i̡̝͉̰ŕ̲̹̠̜͎̦̘e̝͜ͅ.͎̦̭̻̗̖̯

Edit
Offending wasn't the intent, merely expressing an opinion that I admittedly knew would be unpopular and would get me dogpiled on but i felt i had to Express in some capacity despite my mental illness making it difficult to find the right way to properly express it.

I'm sorry if this Quest isn't to your tastes, but fact of the matter is the vast majority of media out there is tailored for white, heterosexual men. It leaves many who don't fit into that mold believing they have no representation at all, leading to feelings of exclusion.

So while it's a shame you feel you're being dogpiled, the response is coming from an audience that often has to deal with folks getting bent out of shape whenever there are characters in media that represent them. Which, to be completely frank, is exhausting when all they're looking for are people on screen who they can better relate to.

In other words, it comes across like this:

Last edited:

Edit

To be serious, it's probably just the birds of a feather effect. LGBT+ people tend to make friends with other LGBT+ people or people accepting of LGBT+, who themselves have LGBT+ friends or friends accepting of LGBT+, etc. Ergo, media with LGBT+ main character(s) tend to have a primarily not-straight cast.

And for the record, if the "mental illness" you speak of is some flavour of autism (as it usually is in this situation), then that's no excuse. I can manage to not be completely oblivious and hurtful in that exact circumstance, so can you.

Also don't call it a mental illness, good grief.

Last edited:
On an unrelated note, I am still puzzled by the title of the Quest. I still am confused what or who is 'Easy to Find'. Probably will come in relevant the next Chapter or two.
It's a thematically appropriate reference :V

I'll be honest, what comes to mind here is The Cornerwitch comic. It's nice and short but the gist of it is that the whole thing bookends with "They call us the cornerwitches, and we're easy to find, if you know where to look."

Given the themes and color pallets, it seems... fitting to Sayaka and Kyouko.

Not to this, though, but thank you for pointing it out, it's a cute comic.

Last edited:
And for the record, if the "mental illness" you speak of is some flavour of autism (as it usually is in this situation), then that's no excuse. I can manage to not be completely oblivious and hurtful in that exact circumstance, so can you.

Also don't call it a mental illness, good grief.
It's my head I'll call it how I please, mental illness or personal failing however my friends will attest that I am horrible at expressing complicated ideas, so my apologies.

Edit : said albeit however poorly what I wished to say, however I am enjoying what I am reading in this story, but I do believe I will lurk for the remainder of it most likely.

Last edited:
So that's Lady Rin. . . . I'm pretty sure she's a Zelda boss with the sheer amount of eyes on her being.

The eventual Minako/Rin confrontation is going to be legendary to put it lightly.

So I've just run through this whole quest and it's pretty great. Super cute and well, obviously the happy ending thing wasn't going to take entirely, nothing really lasts forever. Also queer as fuck which is fuel for my nb soul.

Thoughts-

Takane and Minako are going to end up with opposite perception powers. She understands everything except emotion and they understand everything starting from emotion. Either they are going to be soulmates or that relationship is going to explode. Possibly both, repeatedly.

Homura is probably not a secret to Rin if she's been planning this for a while-and everything indicates that she has been. It would kind of fit if Homura got sucked into the cult, though she might rabbit if she figures out Rin is on speaking terms with the Incubators before her mind gets too messed with.

Yuuko is adorable and should be treasured.

There's not a lot we know on the limits of Rin's power. We know it manipulates memory and to some extent emotions, and there's solid backing for it requiring some form of consent on the part of the victim. But we don't know if she can "save" the states she had people in before wiping them-could she restore Yuuko to a remorseless assassin, or design an artificial personality, to create the perfect playing piece? Given how prepared she seems and how all the moves she made at the start were devoted to destabilizing Minako and distracting their moms, I kinda expect Takane to be an agent, perhaps unwittingly-she got that transfer and latched right on to that cute enby.

Hm. Homura suddenly being "fixed" offscreen seems unlikely, not least of which because having her involved would help trivialize a lot of potential conflict. So yeah, I think it's pretty likely that she's been caught in the cult's orbit to some degree, especially since she seems to have been messed up enough that she'd be easy to entice with the promise of making the pain just... go away.

I doubt she's fully brainwashed to be on their side either though, since then, well... we'd be dead already. Still, people shouldn't get their hopes up that Homura will come and make everything better.

And yeah, Takane-as-Manchurian-Candidate makes way too much sense. Hopefully understanding magic can catch that.

So I've just run through this whole quest and it's pretty great. Super cute and well, obviously the happy ending thing wasn't going to take entirely, nothing really lasts forever. Also queer as fuck which is fuel for my nb soul.

Thoughts-

Takane and Minako are going to end up with opposite perception powers. She understands everything except emotion and they understand everything starting from emotion. Either they are going to be soulmates or that relationship is going to explode. Possibly both, repeatedly.

Homura is probably not a secret to Rin if she's been planning this for a while-and everything indicates that she has been. It would kind of fit if Homura got sucked into the cult, though she might rabbit if she figures out Rin is on speaking terms with the Incubators before her mind gets too messed with.

Yuuko is adorable and should be treasured.

There's not a lot we know on the limits of Rin's power. We know it manipulates memory and to some extent emotions, and there's solid backing for it requiring some form of consent on the part of the victim. But we don't know if she can "save" the states she had people in before wiping them-could she restore Yuuko to a remorseless assassin, or design an artificial personality, to create the perfect playing piece? Given how prepared she seems and how all the moves she made at the start were devoted to destabilizing Minako and distracting their moms, I kinda expect Takane to be an agent, perhaps unwittingly-she got that transfer and latched right on to that cute enby.

My guess is that she can't. I'm working on slim evidence, but note this passage.

"Of course, ma'am." The Rider slides into her seat. "Now, what of the Congregation?"

Rin taps her chin. "A bit of a shame that we had to lose an enforcer. A great shame, that one. There was also the matter of one girl who managed to witch at the edge of town. She will be greatly missed as well.."

They can't/don't know that they're being watched, as it were. If the enforcer was some form of implanted agent, it seems likely they'd have hinted at it? So I think, if they can "save" states or etc, it's at least a somewhat complicated process, or at least a complicated enough one that they're not gloating about having 'given up' a double-agent. Or hinted at it at least?

But this is merely counterspeculation, I admit.

The chance of Rin having any hold over Homura is a 'slim to none'. it's pretty clear to me that Homura's likely Not Involved Whatsoever because her power is completely fucking broke-ass and insta-ends conflict if it's not against something Walpy-tier.

It could also be that Rin has a power that somehow affects Grief? She's someone who can and *does* brainwash people who agree to let her do it, and if she can basically rewrite who they are, she could make them a person who doesn't, like. Feel emotions the way people actually do, or etc?

After all, she's reacting in the same "Sorrynotsorry" way that Kyuubi is whenever it hurts people. "I'm sorry you made me beat you, but it's your fault, unfortunately."

Nobody who's actually sorry about hurting someone goes, "Ah well, it's unfortunate I guess."

Rin is Edgy!Brina confirmed?

Albums and songs.
"I'm easy to find"
"Commit yourself completely" and "Cosmic Hero" respectively.

Edit:
And "The Glow" is one, too, come to think of it.

Last edited:
Well, if Rin's wish was some variant on "understanding others", she's a bloody object lesson on how "understanding" doesn't inherently equate "accepting" or even "tolerating", considering how she is a raging douchecanoe on, at a minimum, the concept of being trans. Strong "mother Rin knows best" vibes, among other things.

I'm expecting Rin's and Mina's powers to differ in some way due to their intent, however. If Rin made a similar wish, her motive was probably so she could control others. "I want to know what makes people tick."

Mina's wish is based entirely on empathy, wanting to connect to others, wanting to help them.

We really have 3 people in the cast with "understanding" powers in some way, right?

So I feel like Moid did this intentionally, and they're going to highlight how intent and personality change similar wishes.

Back