To make people actually remember, here's it once for posterity: Minako is nonbinary and uses they/them. This message will be pinned so you people stop getting it wrong and pissing me off. If you get it wrong in the future I'm going to be much less nice, considering you have to scroll past it just to read the quest.

[X] Try calling Madoka

I want to type in to try calling Homura, just to watch shit explode, but maybe not.

You really wish you could call Madoka right around now. Ask for some advice on how she dealt with Homura back in the day.

It's been long enough that she's probably okay with Homura-related topics now. You hadn't talked to her about Homura in ages. It just never came up, and you don't know if that's on purpose or not.

oh fuck no

no Homura tell me you didn't

don't do this to me

You really wish you could call Madoka right around now. Ask for some advice on how she dealt with Homura back in the day.

It's been long enough that she's probably okay with Homura-related topics now. You hadn't talked to her about Homura in ages. It just never came up, and you don't know if that's on purpose or not.
... well fuck. I forgot that not only did Madoka never get that whole penultimate act of sacrifice that helped her come to terms with her issues, but Homura's character arc never did get resolved until the end of Rebellion. Which ended in one form of death or the other for Madoka, followed by Homura making a bit of metaphorical suicide.
She doesn't say anything as you scoot close to her, then she maneuvers your head on top of her chest. It's comforting, really. "Mnnrhgle."

Kyouko strokes your hair. "Do you think we should talk to Madoka?"

"Fucked if I know," you mutter. "She's so busy."

"Well she's not too busy for you."

"Yeah she is." You sigh. "That woman has so much shit to do and I'm shocked she kept in touch after all this time."
So Madoka took after her mom in work habits. She probably also buried herself in work as a coping mechanism.
"She still gets along with Mina. That's not nothing."

You grumble.

"What was that?"

"She introduced Minako to Death Grips and I will never forgive her."
Who? *googles*
Eh. Don't see the issue.
Kyouko cackles, head thrown back, fangs out, before she sighs. "Hey, don't knock it 'till you try it."

"It sounds like noise, Kyouko. It's just noise."

"I'm sorry, Sayaka, I can't hear you over my superior gigabrain music tastes. I'm a fucking genius. My music is superior to, uh, what do you listen to?"
I mean, hip-hop and rap isn't my normal thing either, but I know it ain't noise.

Now you try calling electro 'just noise', I don't care if you're a Magical Girl, them's fighting words.
"Koko, we listen to mostly the same kind of music."

"My taste is still wider."

"Mneh mneeenehe mneh mneh menhmneh."

Kyouko gives you a chef's kiss. "Ah, alas, my wife, still immature, still so basic~"

"I ain't basic, you're just nuts." You sigh.
Neither of you are wrong.

[X] Try calling Madoka.

Oh no.

What happened to Homu?
Homu never planned on a life after Walpurgis.

This does not bode well. : (
Five bucks says Homura's left town. Once you boil down Rebellion's key development with a pre-Godoka Madoka, there's good odds Madoka took the smothering yandere treatment badly enough to... do something major. Maybe even get angry.
How long was she looping?
The number we have is 'approaching 100 times', so assuming 90 to 99 loops equals roughly twelve years. Meaning Homura was in her mid-twenties mentally while Madoka and everyone else were still teens.

Hopefully it didn't go 'maximum horribleness'. That'd just be super-fucked up.

What happens when you build your life around trying to save someone and then do it? How long was she looping?

Homura was always going to not be okay.

Moid even had a story revolving around the concept WAY back when. I kinda don't want to link it because Moid might've lifted ideas from it so spoilers maybe kinda.

[X] Try calling Madoka.

I forgot about Madoka the death metal fan, that's still hilarious.

EDIT: Obviously she's busy with her flourishing music career as a rock star. :D

Last edited:
What happens when you build your life around trying to save someone and then do it? How long was she looping?

Homura was always going to not be okay.

Look, I get it, but I sorta/kinda like it when characters get past their extremely traumatic circumstances and build themselves a new life.

Saying that nope, they're going to PTSD their way through the rest of their short lives, for example, always baffles me.

EDIT: Obviously guys she's busy with her flourishing music career as a rock star. :D
... Oh god. Saintly innocent, sweet, moe-blob Madoka the death metal rap idol.

I don't know if that's hilarious or horrifying.
Moid even had a story revolving around the concept WAY back when. I kinda don't want to link it because Moid might've lifted ideas from it so spoilers maybe kinda.
I'm actually planning on rewriting that at some point, but yeah I'm definitely pulling some ideas from it
*clicks bookmarks*
*scrolls up*
I am a simple man. I get reminded of a Moid fic, I read it again. They're that good.

Look, I get it, but I sorta/kinda like it when characters get past their extremely traumatic circumstances and build themselves a new life.

Saying that nope, they're going to PTSD their way through the rest of their short lives, for example, always baffles me.
Hey, as long as we don't get explicit confirmation that everything is wrong, we can keep pretending everything's fine! :V

Maybe... Homu proposed to Madoka, Madoka said she had went through a phase and now wasn't interested, and Homu dabbed her way into a secret government agency where she hunts down terrorists and sighs about her past love.

And every other word writing this sentence it almost went horribly down the depressive drain.

Madoka Isn't Actually A Rock Star
EDIT: Obviously she's busy with her flourishing music career as a rock star. :D

"I PUNCH IN THE FUCK DOWN THE PSYCHOSCOPIC DEATH HOE
FUCK THE JUDGE I'M SINATRA,
DOWN THE OBSCURE FUCKING MANTRA
EAT SHIT I'M A DICK MOTHER-FUCKING PISSSSSSSSSSSSS."

*audio peaks for a solid ten seconds*

Minako leans back and pulls their headphones off their head as FUCKDEATH MUSUDOKA plays their latest single: Psychoscopic Death Hoe. "She has such a way with words."

[this is not canon]

Hey, as long as we don't get explicit confirmation that everything is wrong, we can keep pretending everything's fine! :V

Maybe... Homu proposed to Madoka, Madoka said she had went through a phase and now wasn't interested, and Homu dabbed her way into a secret government agency where she hunts down terrorists and sighs about her past love.

And every other word writing this sentence it almost went horribly down the depressive drain.

Nah, I don't even explicitly wish for Homura to be okay.
I just find someone saying that Homura was and is always going to be not okay to be oppressively deterministic.
Like that elementary school teacher who tells you that you're dumb and nothing good will ever come out of you.

"I PUNCH IN THE FUCK DOWN THE PSYCHOSCOPIC DEATH HOE
FUCK THE JUDGE I'M SINATRA,
DOWN THE OBSCURE FUCKING MANTRA
EAT SHIT I'M A DICK MOTHER-FUCKING PISSSSSSSSSSSSS."

*audio peaks for a solid ten seconds*

Minako leans back and pulls their headphones off their head as FUCKDEATH MUSUDOKA plays their latest single: Psychoscopic Death Hoe. "She has such a way with words."
*re-discovers Madoka's Rebel Phase image*
*gets alert for this*
Stop. Stop, my sides. I can't breathe.

Moid even had a story revolving around the concept WAY back when.
She also showed up in the actual quest's epilogue long enough to show us that she had paused her meds and therapy because she felt guilty that Madoka's family was paying for them and that she'd given Madoka a gun. Not as bad as it could be, trusting Madoka to defend herself is a huge step up from where she was in the loops, but still plenty of room to go to shit.

All agreed. Motion pass. Author is dead for the sake of Metaldoka.

I'm sorry Moid, you are dead, but I hope this won't stop you!

I want to type in to try calling Homura, just to watch shit explode, but maybe not.
[Q] "Homura."

It's dark outside.

-[Q] "Homura."

Kyouko makes sure you're both mostly covered.

--[Q] "Homura."

Amethyst eyes glare at you through the window.

Back