Tangential, but does anyone watch Masako X's "What if" video series, where Masako addresses common fan speculations on the series, like "What if Goku and Bulma got married" or "What if Raditz turned good" or "What if Future Gohan survived?" It's fascinating to listen to as he goes into great detail about these scenarios. It's clear he's very knowledgable about the Dragon Ball franchise and has a great appreciation for it.

Tangential, but does anyone watch Masako X's "What if" video series, where Masako addresses common fan speculations on the series, like "What if Goku and Bulma got married" or "What if Raditz turned good" or "What if Future Gohan survived?" It's fascinating to listen to as he goes into great detail about these scenarios. It's clear he's very knowledgable about the Dragon Ball franchise and has a great appreciation for it.
I watch it, yup, and it is indeed enjoyable to see how he fleshes out the various 'what if' scenario with plausible extrapolation on the events.

I'd just finished watching his vids on Bardock convincing the Saiyans myself, really fascinating to watch.

Some of 'em, and yea, they're fun. Solid fanfic stuff.

I really like the What Ifs, I don't always agree with the direction they go but I certainly enjoy them and find them to be well thought out and engaging.

I really like the What Ifs, I don't always agree with the direction they go but I certainly enjoy them and find them to be well thought out and engaging.

The direction they go is they show the ways in which MasakoX can get in Toriyama's headspace... and the ways he doesn't. It gives a very strong sense of their plotting differences, watching a bunch of them.

The direction they go is they show the ways in which MasakoX can get in Toriyama's headspace... and the ways he doesn't. It gives a very strong sense of their plotting differences, watching a bunch of them.
I can't really say if its a reflection of Toriyama's headspace XD One thing that stood out to me in one explanation video was his view of keeping Goku front and centre to keep it distinctly 'Dragon Ball' which did explain most of the what ifs directions at times. As said, I don't always agree, but pretty much always find it interesting and some of them gave me a bunch of story ideas I have been throwing around on SB XD

Wait theres gonna be a season four?

Fuck yes.

Also this last one was amazing, cell was great right up into the very end. Krillin finally wiped the owned count back to zero.

and now im really wondering how they're gonna handle Buu.

should be fun.
Well Buu is just as silly and dumb as Dbza Goku but ya know evil

Super Buu is Vegeta downright to the diva shows when shit dont go their way

And one more for the road:

I gotta say, though, if Taka repeats this with Alucard's outro next month or two or year, it's gonna be a really big hit of diminishing returns. Here's hoping he just makes it one big joke for Dartz instead.

And one more for the road:

I gotta say, though, if Taka repeats this with Alucard's outro next month or two or year, it's gonna be a really big hit of diminishing returns. Here's hoping he just makes it one big joke for Dartz instead.

Doubt it. Cell is very much a dramatic showman type, so a parting song is his style. Alucard isn't prone to that kind of theatrics. Also, he doesn't die.

Alucard isn't prone to that kind of theatrics. Also, he doesn't die.
We're talking about the guy who blared Andrew WK from an aircraft carrier to signal his rearrival in England, right?

Also, practical results say more than technicalities. Alucard was gone for 30 years with nothing left of him but a rune on pavement, might as well call that being dead for all intents and purposes.

We're talking about the guy who blared Andrew WK from an aircraft carrier to signal his rearrival in England, right?

Also, practical results say more than technicalities. Alucard was gone for 30 years with nothing left of him but a rune on pavement, might as well call that being dead for all intents and purposes.

Alucard is more likely to make a joke about 'eating' himself, better then anyone else can

Then 30 years later saying he was finally satisfied.

Alucard isn't the type to do a big musical number as his farewell. I honestly expect him to do some stupid joke before he does it.

While I do love Cell singing 'My way' I wish there was a better transition into it. It feels, odd. Like I can't tel if it's post mortem or it's his final thoughts.

I thought it was pretty neat, with fluid animation and some amusing jokes - I didn't actually realize the elder looking after the kids was a woman till I read the description - but I'm uncertain whether we should be discussing that here. Are we using this thread as an 'all things Team 4-Star' thread, or just DBZ Abridged?

Underappreciated TFS moment, but Yamcha's first time standing up to Vegeta without fear, being when he's defending Krillin from Vegeta being a jerk to him.

Underappreciated TFS moment, but Yamcha's first time standing up to Vegeta without fear, being when he's defending Krillin from Vegeta being a jerk to him.
Other fun Yamcha fact - while Krillin reacts with panic to the idea of breaking one of Popo's rules (as did Goku that one time), Yamcha is entirely nonchalant about it.

It's... really, really not? It's a new show produced by TFS that's original content rather than an abridged series.

TFS =/= RT

I'm of mixed opinion on it.

On the one hand, it was fairly polished for what it is and I did rather enjoyed it.

On the other hand. Part of what makes the Abridged series work is that they're riffing off of an established series. Even if the writing holds up. I don't know if the formula will be as compelling in an original work.

Also, Scary Granny was trying too hard to be Rick Sanchez.

Other fun Yamcha fact - while Krillin reacts with panic to the idea of breaking one of Popo's rules (as did Goku that one time), Yamcha is entirely nonchalant about it.
Other fun fact - Krillin and Goku are very good at judging the power level of other people, Yamcha not so much.....

hi​

Back