>Garlic Jr in the thumbnail
You sure this isn't an April Fools video?

Ok.

Yeesh, this video felt lazy. Pretty much the only thing that worked was that one henchman just walking out.

IIRC, part of why episodes tend to take so long is because of the scripting? So, I figure they've gotten the biggest part out of the way already.

Well that was interesting. As enjoyable as it undeniably was I hope that other corners of the DBZA verse get used as the basis of future episodes rather than just Vegeta and Nappa's antics.

I would love to see like a day in the life of Krillin and 18 for instance.

Well that was interesting. As enjoyable as it undeniably was I hope that other corners of the DBZA verse get used as the basis of future episodes rather than just Vegeta and Nappa's antics.

I believe the credits of the last DBZA episode established what their daily life is like.

God gives you either power levels or a happily married stable life

Never both
Gohan gets a pretty good balance eventually. Not top of the line in power levels, but high up there enough to qualify (he kinda has to, given that his daughter canonically-as-of-the-manga-ending can at age 5 fly at somewhere around a hundred miles per second, since she's shown doing a four minute orbit - he'd be a pretty lousy father if he couldn't keep up with his five-year-old).

I've said it before, but it is insane how well-adjusted Gohan turns out, all things considered.

Last edited:
a crime show featuring krillin might be pretty cool, but for the setting he's very OP.

krillin gets shit on a lot but (like yamcha) in any other setting he'd be god tier. it'd be like if superman joined a swat team.

a crime show featuring krillin might be pretty cool, but for the setting he's very OP.

krillin gets shit on a lot but (like yamcha) in any other setting he'd be god tier. it'd be like if superman joined a swat team.

It could still make for a few amusing little sketches, though. Krillin just solving problems like it's nothing and not realizing because he's so used to paling around with planet-breakers that he forgets what he does is ridiculous.

Also, the occasional visit of 18 to the commissioner. "Now, I understand he's one of your most valuable people, and I'm very proud of him for the job he does. But you've been making him come in off hours a lot, and Maron's first theatre play is this weeked - and if you call him away from it, they will never find your body".

It could still make for a few amusing little sketches, though. Krillin just solving problems like it's nothing and not realizing because he's so used to paling around with planet-breakers that he forgets what he does is ridiculous.

Also, the occasional visit of 18 to the commissioner. "Now, I understand he's one of your most valuable people, and I'm very proud of him for the job he does. But you've been making him come in off hours a lot, and Maron's first theatre play is this weeked - and if you call him away from it, they will never find your body".

*her fingers casually embedding themselves into the chief's steel desk*

Last edited:
Honestly, this stuff leads me cold. Would rather they start on the buu saga
As someone who's done some project management work, there's a good chance that this side content isn't taking away any time from DBZA proper. If the production has hit a bottleneck - say, waiting on editing or scripts - that leaves the voice actors with little to do. Doing little skits like this in between sessions is probably harmless.

They've outright stated the fact Buu's not coming till they have the entire season written and done so that there's not obscenely long delays like there were with Cell. The DBZ shorts are to tide fans over as well as give them more leeway in the nonsense they can do with the characters while they hit their dead spots in the production process.

I don't think it will just be Vegeta and Nappa all the time, but I do think Vegeta will feature pretty heavily in them. On a premiere stream for an episode in the past (or maybe some other stream/video, they've done a lot at this point) they ended up spitballing the idea of Vegeta's Buu saga character arc as the second most powerful man on earth having an apocalyptic mid life crisis, so I'd bet him settling down and begrudgingly enjoying a life on earth could be the arc of more than a few of them to build up to that.

I personally want to see Green Dad filling the void of Goku has left in the Son house even more heavily. He's Gotenks's dad too! And The Ox-King's more polite son in law!
As someone who's done some project management work, there's a good chance that this side content isn't taking away any time from DBZA proper. If the production has hit a bottleneck - say, waiting on editing or scripts - that leaves the voice actors with little to do. Doing little skits like this in between sessions is probably harmless.
It's pretty much scripting that's the bottleneck at this point, KaiserNeko (The Chief editor and also CEO of TFS) on Reddit mentioned that they're kinda burned out on DBZ:A after doing it for 10 years. Case in point, they struggled to make anything of the Bojack movie that they were satisfied with to the point that they scrapped it which is the first time they've ever scrapped a project they've announced.

Edit: It's also worth noting that what people commonly think of as The Buu Saga is the longest Saga in the series by far, being 68 episodes from the beginning of The World Tournament until the end in Kai (which is the best comparison for content since they cut filler). By comparison, the Saiyan Saga is 26 episodes, Freeza is 27, and the Cell Saga is 48. The time it'll take them to script them is gonna be substantial.

Honestly I thought it was funny, and if this lets them play around and have fun in a universe they care enough about that they've spent 10 years working on it for free, none of their parody work has ever been monetized. Not only have they done it for free, but they've also had to spend a decent amount of time fighting to keep the channel and the videos up because every year or so Toei makes a copyright claim and takes them down. If doing this helps re-energize them for DBZ:A and they can make money off it while not worrying about Toei kneecapping it, I'm perfectly content.

Last edited:
Back