Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

I'm having flashbacks to Harry Potter fanfics where Dumbledore and his people's stubborn refusal to ever kill steadily has them losing the war because their opponents don't have similar qualms.

I'm not saying "heroes" should got out and have the lethal option be the first option, but it shouldn't be taken off the table. The lethal option is perfectly fine for people like the SH9 who already have kill order on them and the extra effort to take them in non-lethally could result in innocent lives being lost.
Well yeah but we have other avenues for that. Like mad science death rays shot point blank at a villain stuck in a containment circle.

Maybe come up with something that makes magic users durable? I never understood why mages in most stories never tried to overcome the squishy wizard stereotype or at least try to come up with spells that made them bullet proof when they lived in a world where guns were common. Honestly what the hell is the point of spending years learing combat magic if some guy can just go and buy a gun to shoot with? And not to mention that Taylor is still squishy.
Don't worry, something to address that will be in the story.

Maybe come up with something that makes magic users durable? I never understood why mages in most stories never tried to overcome the squishy wizard stereotype or at least try to come up with spells that made them bullet proof when they lived in a world where guns were common. Honestly what the hell is the point of spending years learing combat magic if some guy can just go and buy a gun to shoot with? And not to mention that Taylor is still squishy.
That's one thing I like about runes. Since you mostly do the magic before battle you can wear enchanted armor or even stitch runes into clothing.

Maybe come up with something that makes magic users durable? I never understood why mages in most stories never tried to overcome the squishy wizard stereotype or at least try to come up with spells that made them bullet proof when they lived in a world where guns were common. Honestly what the hell is the point of spending years learing combat magic if some guy can just go and buy a gun to you shoot with? And not to mention that Taylor is still squishy.

Maybe D&D, so we can get all kinds of crazy enchanted armors that don't interfere with spellcasting?

Would it be too meta to have her read a Taylor Hebert/D&D quest?

That's one thing I like about runes. Since you mostly do the magic before battle you can wear enchanted armor or even stitch runes into clothing.
Here's a spoiler from the magic system I've come up with.

Receive(524600581)->Power Supply->Aspect(Time)->Alter(Scramble)
V-------------------------------------------------|
Project(Sphere)->Distance(12 meters)

You can probably guess what this does.

If she enters Harry Potter would she go through the whole story or just the book she picked up?
Can she enter Fanfics? If she does, do they have to be complete?

I'm having flashbacks to Harry Potter fanfics where Dumbledore and his people's stubborn refusal to ever kill steadily has them losing the war because their opponents don't have similar qualms.

I'm not saying "heroes" should got out and have the lethal option be the first option, but it shouldn't be taken off the table. The lethal option is perfectly fine for people like the SH9 who already have kill order on them and the extra effort to take them in non-lethally could result in innocent lives being lost.
I have seen a couple different fan fics where batman and superman are confronted about the number of people who have been murdered due to their unwillingness to kill Lex/Joker/etc.

I have seen a couple different fan fics where batman and superman are confronted about the number of people who have been murdered due to their unwillingness to kill Lex/Joker/etc.

I am suprised no one as much about the legal system in those universes don't have the death penalty for criminals like them instead of the heroes doing it themselves.

I am suprised no one as much about the legal system in those universes don't have the death penalty for criminals like them instead of the heroes doing it themselves.
Well that is a factor but once you've put on tights and start punching mass murderers in the face you've already taken the law into your own hands and take at least partial responsibility for the lack of proper punishment.

...Okay, I realize Awakened magic is potentially hella powerful, but Paradox.

There's plenty of source material out there that doesn't come with huge built-in drawbacks.

Actually, most of them come with some kind of drawback, just to keep wizards from being invincible.

Guess could go with D&D wizards, but the requirements for reagents can be pretty horrible.

[X] Go to the mall to get a new charger for David's phone.
[X] Stay home and test out your powers.

[X] Go to the nearest ATM and empty out David's account.

-[x] using a red spy disguise to be secure if someone sees the atm's camera footage.

Honestly, I'm a bit let down that no-one's considering using the story I just made. That took work to achieve darn it!

[X] Go to the mall to get a new charger for David's phone.
[X] Stay home and test out your powers.

[X] Go to the nearest ATM and empty out David's account.

-[x] using a red spy disguise to be secure if someone sees the atm's camera footage.
We might want to do naruto until we get shadow clones. Shadow clones are great.

Back