Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alivaril Kyubey said the not-quite!indestructible gem wouldn't be able to take a singularity, but he never said how much it would be able to take other than "most things".
Can you tell us OOC whether it'd legitimately be nigh-indestructible, or if that was just Kyubey Kyubeying around the fact that it wouldn't be much more durable than the average gem?

You know the easy way to not wish is to stop asking so many fucking questions about it. Get Kyubey and Azura to both fuck off and go about our life until we can find people who aren't going to constantly pressure us. This entire interaction is the problem.

@Alivaril Kyubey said the not-quite!indestructible gem wouldn't be able to take a singularity, but he never said how much it would be able to take other than "most things".
Can you tell us OOC whether it'd legitimately be nigh-indestructible, or if that was just Kyubey Kyubeying around the fact that it wouldn't be much more durable than the average gem?
Didn't we already do this in Ignition?

Strong enough to survive being chewed on by almost any Witch, nearly all current human forms of weaponry (I think all, but not 100% positive), etc. Being tossed into a star, sustaining focused bombardment and/or chewing from Extra-Heretical-Walmart-Chan, or something else along those lines? Not so much.

But good catch. :p

Last edited:
[X] Ask Kyubey one more question.
-[X] What about those other girls Kyubey mentioned who awakened their Mana? Are they homicidal as well?
"They are not." - They're dead now.
"They are not." - Witches aren't human, so killing humans makes them xenocidal.
"They are not." - Witches lack the mental faculties to be homicidal. Nobody calls rabid dogs homicidal.
"No more so than the average magical girl." - Who also turn into witches.

Every failed question closes off an avenue of reasonable inquiry. Think about what you're asking before you ask it.
Strong enough to survive being chewed on by almost any Witch, nearly all current human forms of weaponry (I think all, but not 100% positive), etc. Being tossed into a star, sustaining focused bombardment and/or chewing from Extra-Heretical-Walmart-Chan, or something else along those lines? Not so much.

But good catch. :p
Oh, it actually would be useful? I'd just assumed that Kyuubey's answer meant that it would be proof against the majority of objects in the majority of circumstances.

[X] Give up and move on. You're not paranoid, but Azura seems to think you are. You don't want to give her any more ammunition.
-[X] Head out to Azura's property immediately, but don't bother calling your parents. They probably wouldn't want to be bothered by you during the day anyways, and you should be perfectly fine with Kyubey and a Magical Girl.

Last edited:
Every failed question closes off an avenue of reasonable inquiry. Think about what you're asking before you ask it.
It is a reasonable question for her to ask, considering she wants to try awakening her Mana. So far she has one example of Jade who Kyubey claimed went insane, she would likely ask if all the others turned homicidal or if it was just Jade.

User. I don't think he found more than the one.
He stopped after 100, reason being that making any more would destroy the planet. The current theory is that those are Sorceresses.

EDIT: citation:
"Subject #1781 has since been assimilated into the Walpurgisnacht of Earth-103, empowering it and producing a massive source of continual power. I estimate that it alone has increased Earth-103's yearly output by over five times. I have already determined a method for controlling Black energy, and although it seems actively harmful to all kinds of life, it can still be used to make magical girls continually produce conservation-violating energy. I have tested it on 100 subjects thus far. Every attempt was successful."

"Unfortunately, I have yet to discern the location of Jade Agni and no further Red candidates have been found. As Earth-103 will cease to be a sustainable testing area if I continue to investigate, I am temporarily ceasing my attempts to find another candidate."

Last edited:
He stopped after 100, reason being that making any more would destroy the planet. The current theory is that those are Sorceresses.

EDIT: citation:
Those aren't mana users, those are mana-infused witches. Kyubey is the one manipulating the mana there.
The only mana user would be the one in Walpy.

[X] Give up and move on. You're not paranoid, but Azura seems to think you are. You don't want to give her any more ammunition.
-[X] Head out to Azura's property immediately, but don't bother calling your parents. They probably wouldn't want to be bothered by you during the day anyways, and you should be perfectly fine with Kyubey and a Magical Girl.

You know the easy way to not wish is to stop asking so many fucking questions about it. Get Kyubey and Azura to both fuck off and go about our life until we can find people who aren't going to constantly pressure us. This entire interaction is the problem.
They aren't going to fuck off.

If Aria seriously tries to avoid fighting witches after gaining mana I'm going to be as thoroughly disgusted as Azura is.

They aren't going to fuck off.

If Aria seriously tries to avoid fighting witches after gaining mana I'm going to be as thoroughly disgusted as Azura is.

... right. Look, this is a quest and Aria is the protagonist, so we'll certainly be fighting them. But lets be real here.

I wouldn't blame grown-up men and women too much for fighting things as terrifying as Witches. Aria is a child. A seriously abused, sheltered child. She has no business fighting monsters like these. What she needs is help, not being pressured into practically becoming a child soldier.

So if you truly believe what you said, if you would truly be disgusted with Aria for not wanting to fight them, then I'm sorry, but you're viewpoint is just as screwed up as Azura's.

In that case, I'd probably go with the witch's core fissioning in some manner. Familiars literally eating people souls to use as their own core seems... wrong, somehow.
Some familiars hunt the same way witches do: via kiss, not direct violence. And if it was a different soul at the core, it should logically form a different witch.

In that case, I'd probably go with the witch's core fissioning in some manner. Familiars literally eating people souls to use as their own core seems... wrong, somehow.
Some familiars hunt the same way witches do: via kiss, not direct violence. And if it was a different soul at the core, it should logically form a different witch.
I see it as hammering the souls of their victims into an impression of the original witch.

... right. Look, this is a quest and Aria is the protagonist, so we'll certainly be fighting them. But lets be real here.

I wouldn't blame grown-up men and women too much for fighting things as terrifying as Witches. Aria is a child. A seriously abused, sheltered child. She has no business fighting monsters like these. What she needs is help, not being pressured into practically becoming a child soldier.

So if you truly believe what you said, if you would truly be disgusted with Aria for not wanting to fight them, then I'm sorry, but you're viewpoint is just as screwed up as Azura's.
No, it's exactly her business to fight monsters like these. Whose business could it be, if not hers and other girls with potential? No one else can fight Witches. according to QB propaganda, anyway :V

And it's been years since the magical girl reveal, right? By now I expect magical girls to be normalized enough that calling them child soldiers would get you a lot of funny looks and possibly open condemnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back