[DISCONTINUED] In the Beginning, There Was Man (WH40k x SC)

When I said add Starcraft, I meant to say add it to the list cause I didn't see it there. It's still a possibility.

honestly, i'd saythat halo, starcraft, and macross (not robotech) are the best fits, and macross/starcraft would probably be a tad more interesting.

starcraft would be good as if you think about it their are one of the best universes available as they don't have instant kill bullshit haxx but they are strong enough we won't curb stomp them totally or possibly even manage to fight us to stalemate.

going into more detail...
I said i thought macross, halo, and starcraft fit best earlier? Explaining why.
They all share certain things:
Enemies that span a good chunk of the galaxy.
Humanity that we could unite (or command in the case of certain time periods in macross.).
They all have tech in them that would be useful. (hardlight, macross energy cannon thing, the medics in starcraft.)

And all three would be interesting.

No Freespace. I don't know enough about it.
Hm, how about;
- Distant Worlds
- Freelancer
- Borderlands
- Endless Space
- Escape Velocity: Nova
?

-Star Trek
-Star Wars
-Mass Effect
-Halo
-Gears of War
-Gundam
-Marvel Cinematic Universe
-Pacific Rim
-Supreme Commander
-Macross/Robotech
-Battletech
-Some iteration of Transformers
-Battlestar Galactica
-EVE Online
-Sins of a Solar Empire
-Sword of the Stars
-Galactic Civilizations
-X-Com
-Warframe
-Starcraft
Hm... out of this list, I'm torn between Starcraft, Battletech, and Mass Effect.

Though I have to admit that I know very little of Battletech, but from what little I know, the Adeptus Mechanicus and ComStar would get along like a house on fire, and I kind of want to be there to watch it burn down.

Mass Effect, mostly because it's one of my favorite SciFi settings, and as such kind of standard that I at least consider it for a crossover.

And Starcraft, because it seems like it'd be fairly balanced and challenging, overall.

My vote is still for Halo or Mass Effect. Xcom has the issue that it isn't quantified enough beyond earth itself. I've never played the older games so I don't know how much further they expand the story into the galaxy but if it doesn't then picking xcom would basically be a homebrew setting. Sins is unquantified in their power levels so for all we know one of the arks could solo or they could stomp.

I have no idea where people are getting the idea the ancients could strip the emperor or Ynnead of their power. There is nothing like the warp in Stargate so the Ancients are not warp entities. The emperor and Ynnead are not ascended. Unless there is some weird cross equivalency thing going on like for vs. debates the Ancients shouldn't be able to do anything to the warp. There might be something to teleporting the emperor into a black hole or something with their ascended powers and hope he doesn't claw his way out using his warp powers or something. But unless I'm mistaken they still rely on physics and the warp gives zero fucks about physics. They could stalemate in the materium but they couldn't do anything to the emperor or Ynnead as warp entities. But it's off the list so it's a non issue.

Actually I think Starcraft works best. The enemies are pretty powerful if you wank them enough, but the Imperium could likely resist.

Back