[DISCONTINUED] In the Beginning, There Was Man (WH40k x SC)

EVE Online is also terrible simply do to the fact we would be extremely out numbered X-com would have us stuck in the solar system for the most part which would defeat the purpose of a Space Empire Quest which is what we will be playing
We'll be outnumbered no matter where we end up if we go anywhere that has even one populated planet.
X-Com wouldn't leave us stuck because we already have spaceships, and know how to make them. If we are stuck so that we can actually interact with the setting... oh well, we get plot and fun stuff? This doesn't have to be a Space Empire immediately.
I want to do halo for the reason no does halo. I kid you not.
I never saw the appeal to the game, and every crossover that has passed by me has been a trainwreck of wank.

i've got two suggestions for how to handle the vote, as a single one option vote would make me sad.
A: two tiers of voting, all that torr wants in the fifst vote, the top 3/5 choices from that as the only in the second

B: everybody votes for three settings; vote tally can handle it.

Thoughts? Better ideas?

We'll be outnumbered no matter where we end up if we go anywhere that has even one populated planet.
X-Com wouldn't leave us stuck because we already have spaceships, and know how to make them. If we are stuck so that we can actually interact with the setting... oh well, we get plot and fun stuff? This doesn't have to be a Space Empire immediately.

I never saw the appeal to the game, and every crossover that has passed by me has been a trainwreck of wank.
You do realize that Torrmercury could give us time to expand? Check out first movement of the odyssey on SB. That's a good crossover. As for halo it's self it's a fun setting that starts out low tech and goes to clark tech pretty much. The human fraction for most of the games use fire ballistic bullets.

Last edited:
I'm for Starcraft in particular. It seems like a setting with the least amount of crossover "dissonance", with its already existing psychic powers and other things.

I'm for Starcraft in particular. It seems like a setting with the least amount of crossover "dissonance", with its already existing psychic powers and other things.
Psychic powers are a thing in halo. The Didact was able to talk to the chief in a way cortana could't pick up. And that's not even getting into the stuff the precursors could do.

Starcraft is a good medium setting to start in to be honest. Lots of good technology, psychics are around, the Protoss could be made into a great ally if Zerutal, Fenix, and Tassadar are around, and the Zerg offer a sufficient challenge to deal with. There are also plenty of humans around that will be willing to fall in line with us for offers of protection and stability. The UED will be an issue but I think given enough time we should be okay.

There are also plenty of humans around that will be willing to fall in line with us for offers of protection and stability. The UED will be an issue but I think given enough time we should be okay.
Most of the Human race in StarCraft is screwed up in the head. We have madmen, Nazis, terrorists, slavers omnicidal manicacs. Omoja seems to be the only place with decent leaders but their tiny. Frankly we would be doing a service to Mankind bringing them under heel.

Last edited:
Most of the Human race in StarCraft is screwed up in the head. We have madmen, Nazis, terrorists, slavers omnicidal manicacs. Omoja seems to be the only place with decent leaders but their tiny. Frankly we would be doing a service to the universe bringing them under heel.
If we take Starcraft I plan on bringing back the Arbites in force. Lot of wandering Judges and Marshall's going to clean up.

The emperor fought, and fought, and fought. But he could not win. Not now, not ever, for the ruinous powers of Chaos were too much. Then, Ynnead joined him, and the tide was turned. But it was not enough. They were merely prolonging the inevitable, and not long enough for the portal to be opened.

Then, the oddest of miracles happened.

"Oi! Lets gettem! WAAAGH!"

Suddenly, The Emperor and Ynnead were joined in battle by the most unlikely of allies. The twin god of Da Orkz, Gork and Mork.

You...aid us? Why?

"Ders a interesting story b'hind that. See, we'zz decided, no one left dats interestin to fight no more. 'Sall stale n whatnot. So, we'zz decided to help ya, on de cond-cond- requirment dat we get to come when you go offn dat portal thingy. New unive-unive-unive- dimension, what not, new things to fight!"

".....Very well, on the condition that you do not war against us, and only upon our enemies."

"Aww, but thas no fun!"

"Take it or leave it."

"Agreed. Your kind are too much trouble to come with us without that promise."

"Fiiiine. Ya betta hope ders plenty of fightin fer us all, den!"

"There most likely shall be. Very well, Gork, Mork, gods of the Orks. I welcome you as brothers, as equals."

"As do I."

"We ain't much for sappyness, but now yer a part of our WAAAGH, we reckon, so, lets crush these ugly nobs! WAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

"INDEED! TODAY, MAN AND ELDAR AND ORK STAND UNITED! LET US CRUSH THE RUINOUS POWERS, TOGETHER!"

With that, the twin gods of Da Orks, the Eldar God of Death, and the God of Mankind joined together.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The god of rage roared as he fought against Mork.

Waaagh!

Mork shouted back, and stabbed Khorn in the back.

Dis all you got? Git good, you scrub!

And so he fought against Khorn, using all his kunnin, all his tricks, all his dakka, all of his combat prowess.

Iz head yous some bigwig god a rage. I ain't impressed. C'mon, gimme a challenge, if'n you think your 'ard enough!

I WILL TEAR YOU APART AND FEAST ON YOUR ENTRAILS!

Ha, you dun have the teef for it!

Why do you fight? Just give up, and accept Papa Nurgles embrace....

Ha, make me laugh! Yoos just a yoof! Mah dads were de OLD ONES, some a de bess fitas in da galaxy!

Gork promptly punched Nurgle in the face.

Very well. I shall have to give my gift to you by force, it seems.

And so the god of despair and disease did throw every pestilence he had at Gork, and still did Gork endure, punching Nurgle again and again in his face.

I drink grog that can burn planets t' ash, n you think some petty DISEASE is gonna do me in? DON MAKE ME LARF!

Ynnead fought Slannesh, using ever psychic power she had, to destroy the thing she hated most.

Whhy do you fight me? Give in, and pleasure eternal awaitssss...

NEVER! FOUL CHAOS GOD, I REBUKE THEE! YOU HAVE RUINED THE ELDAR, TURNED THEM AGAINST THEMSELVES, AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR FALL! I SWEAR ON MY VERY BEING, I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Ynneads hatred of that foul god was like a maelstrom, tearing at the Prince of Pleasure. In return, it attacked her with its most foulest auras, which, we're she mortal, would have destroyed her. As it was, her hatred, her will, her desire to avenge her race, it made it to where Slanneshes powers were as bug bites.

Why do you blame me? The Eldar made their own choicessss... And is not Nurgle responsible as well?

NURGLE WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN HER IF IT WAS NOT FOR THE DEVESTATION YOUR BIRTH DID TO MY PEOPLE! IF IT WAS NOT FOR YOUR BIRTH, MY PEOPLE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!

And so, the battle raged on.

Give up, foolish Emperor of Man.

NEVER.

Stubborn....Don't you realize you have already lost? For all that bluster about how powerful you are your servants spout, you are just a man. A stong man, but only a man. I? I am a god. I am the lord of magic, the scion of change. You cannot hope to win. So I offer you a deal. Join me.

...?

No.

No? Surely you realize that, unlike my brother, I am not so easy to rebuke.

I don't care. You, you have caused me the most pain, the most suffering, of any your brothers. YOU are the one who turned Horus to darkness, YOU are the one who caused Magnus's fall, YOU are the one responsible for the death of my sons! I WILL NOT BOW TO YOU, IN THIS, OR ANY OTHER LIFE! YOU CALL YOURSELF THE LORD OF CHANGE? WELL, YOU SHALL NEVER CHANGE THE FACT THAT I WILL NEVER BOW TO YOU, NEVER SERVE YOU, AND SO THAT AS LONG AS A SINGLE LIVING CREATURE STANDS, THEY WILL STAND AGAINST YOU, FOUL DAEMON!

I AM A GOD OF CHAOS! YOU DARE NAME ME A MERE DAEMON?! I WILL ENJOY WATCHING YOU FLAIL AS I DESTROY YOUR IMPERIUM!

YOU CAN TRY, BUT. YOU. WILL. FAIL.

I AM TZEENCH! I NEVER FAIL! I AM THE GREAT CONSPIRATOR! I CONTROL THE STRANDS OF FATE, AND IT IS-

I do not CARE about your 'FATE'! Humanity makes its own fate! Forge our own paths! You are inconsequential!

With that, the foul god of change was warred upon by the emperor, who used all his power, all his sorrow, all his hate, all his skill, for one thing. To destroy the Chaos God he hated the most.

Last edited:
I... don't see how this doesn't support my own point. You said that we would be too small, and I said we would always start small and would grow larger.
Sigh. I meant Torrmercury could not have us start right when the halo series begins. We are going to need time anyway to recreate the eldar race. Several hundred years at least.

The emperor fought, and fought, and fought. But he could not win. Not now, not ever, for the ruinous powers of Chaos were too much. Then, Ynnead joined him, and the tide was turned. But it was not enough. They were merely prolonging the inevitable, and not long enough for the portal to be opened.

Then, the oddest of miracles happened.

"Oi! Lets gettem! WAAAGH!"

Suddenly, The Emperor and Ynnead were joined in battle by the most unlikely of allies. The twin god of Da Orkz, Gork and Mork.

You...aid us? Why?

"Ders a interesting story b'hind that. See, we'zz decided, no one left dats interestin to fight no more. 'Sall stale n whatnot. So, we'zz decided to help ya, on de cond-cond- requirment dat we get to come when you go offn dat portal thingy. New unive-unive-unive- dimension, what not, new things to fight!"

".....Very well, on the condition that you do not war against us, and only upon our enemies."

"Aww, but thas no fun!"

"Take it or leave it."

"Agreed. Your kind are too much trouble to come with us without that promise."

"Fiiiine. Ya betta hope ders plenty of fightin fer us all, den!"

"There most likely shall be. Very well, Gork, Mork, gods of the Orks. I welcome you as brothers, as equals."

"As do I."

"We ain't much for sappyness, but now yer a part of our WAAAGH, we reckon, so, lets crush these ugly nobs! WAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

"INDEED! TODAY, MAN AND ELDAR AND ORK STAND UNITED! LET US CRUSH THE RUINOUS POWERS, TOGETHER!"

With that, the twin gods of Da Orks, the Eldar God of Death, and the God of Mankind joined together.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The god of rage roared as he fought against Mork.

Waaagh!

Mork shouted back, and stabbed Khorn in the back.

Dis all you got? Git good, you scrub!

And so he fought against Khorn, using all his kunnin, all his tricks, all his dakka, all of his combat prowess.

Iz head yous some bigwig god a rage. I ain't impressed. C'mon, gimme a challenge, if'n you think your 'ard enough!

I WILL TEAR YOU APART AND FEAST ON YOUR ENTRAILS!

Ha, you dun have the teef for it!

Why do you fight? Just give up, and accept Papa Nurgles embrace....

Ha, make me laugh! Yoos just a yoof! Mah dads were de OLD ONES, some a de bess fitas in da galaxy!

Gork promptly punched Nurgle in the face.

Very well. I shall have to give my gift to you by force, it seems.

And so the god of despair and disease did throw every pestilence he had at Gork, and still did Gork endure, punching Nurgle again and again in his face.

I drink grog that can burn planets t' ash, n you think some petty DISEASE is gonna do me in? DON MAKE ME LARF!

Ynnead fought Slannesh, using ever psychic power she had, to destroy the thing she hated most.

Whhy do you fight me? Give in, and pleasure eternal awaitssss...

NEVER! FOUL CHAOS GOD, I REBUKE THEE! YOU HAVE RUINED THE ELDAR, TURNED THEM AGAINST THEMSELVES, AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR FALL! I SWEAR ON MY VERY BEING, I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Ynneads hatred of that foul god was like a maelstrom, tearing at the Prince of Pleasure. In return, it attacked her with its most foulest auras, which, we're she mortal, would have destroyed her. As it was, her hatred, her will, her desire to avenge her race, it made it to where Slanneshes powers were as bug bites.

Why do you blame me? The Eldar made their own choicessss... And is not Nurgle responsible as well?

NURGLE WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN HER IF IT WAS NOT FOR THE DEVESTATION YOUR BIRTH DID TO MY PEOPLE! IF IT WAS NOT FOR YOUR BIRTH, MY PEOPLE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!

And so, the battle raged on.

Give up, foolish Emperor of Man.

NEVER.

Stubborn....Don't you realize you have already lost? For all that bluster about how powerful you are your servants spout, you are just a man. A stong man, but only a man. I? I am a god. I am the lord of magic, the scion of change. You cannot hope to win. So I offer you a deal. Join me.

...?

No.

No? Surely you realize that, unlike my brother, I am not so easy to rebuke.

I don't care. You, you have caused me the most pain, the most suffering, of any your brothers. YOU are the one who turned Horus to darkness, YOU are the one who caused Magnus's fall, YOU are the one responsible for the death of my sons! I WILL NOT BOW TO YOU, IN THIS, OR ANY OTHER LIFE! YOU CALL YOURSELF THE LORD OF CHANGE? WELL, YOU SHALL NEVER CHANGE THE FACT THAT I WILL NEVER BOW TO YOU, NEVER SERVE YOU, AND SO THAT AS LONG AS A SINGLE LIVING CREATURE STANDS, THEY WILL STAND AGAINST YOU, FOUL DAEMON!

I AM A GOD OF CHAOS! YOU DARE NAME ME A MERE DAEMON?! I WILL ENJOY WATCHING YOU FLAIL AS I DESTROY YOUR IMPERIUM!

YOU CAN TRY, BUT. YOU. WILL. FAIL.

I AM TZEENCH! I NEVER FAIL! I AM THE GREAT CONSPIRATOR! I CONTROL THE STRANDS OF FATE, AND IT IS-

I do not CARE about your 'FATE'! Humanity makes its own fate! Forge our own paths! You are inconsequential!

With that, the foul god of change was warred upon by the emperor, who used all his power, all his sorrow, all his hate, all his skill, for one thing. To destroy the Chaos God he hated the most.

I liked it a lot but I really wouldn't want orks following us to a new universe.

It sort of makes sense for them to stay away. The fucking galaxy has turned into a warzone, the Orks literally are in their heaven.

Yeah, I'd rather not have Orks. They can be funny, but tend to also get annoying after a while.

i really dont want to think about space marine husks. or god forbid a primarch husk.
I doubt they'd manage to kill a Primarch without using anything that wouldn't render his body completely unusable anyway (ie, nukes or orbital bombardment). Plus, doesn't a lot of the Primarch's power come from the Warp, in a way? Or rather their strong connection to it, even if they aren't Psykers?

Anyway, though; while I'd normally clamor more for a Mass Effect crossover (need to see an Elder/Imperial ambassador out-haughty the Council), I'm slowly being won over for Starcraft, though I'd still be interested in Battletech as well.

Yeah, I'd rather not have Orks. They can be funny, but tend to also get annoying after a while.

I doubt they'd manage to kill a Primarch without using anything that wouldn't render his body completely unusable anyway (ie, nukes or orbital bombardment). Plus, doesn't a lot of the Primarch's power come from the Warp, in a way? Or rather their strong connection to it, even if they aren't Psykers?

Anyway, though; while I'd normally clamor more for a Mass Effect crossover (need to see an Elder/Imperial ambassador out-haughty the Council), I'm slowly being won over for Starcraft, though I'd still be interested in Battletech as well.
All of them are psykers to one degree or another.

Back