[DISCONTINUED] In the Beginning, There Was Man (WH40k x SC)

Adamantium is a hell of a thing, you know. Even focused, a couple dozen kilotons is going to make them laugh.

Moreover, Imperial doctrine regarding speedy opponents is extremely effective in Mass Effect due to the squishiness of their opposition.

In case of doubt, saturate the area. And they're really good at saturating entire areas of space from a couple of light-minutes away to mere hundreds of meters from the hull of their ships. Keep in mind that they reliably hit everything from Ork fighta-bombas to Eldar fighter craft. Reapers might be good at manoeuvring but not at the level of Eldar fighter craft.

Considering that, by necessity, the point defence batteries are themselves kiloton to megaton level weaponry in comparison to the main Macro and Lance Batteries' gigatons...

Well, except that Reapers aren't magical dodging Dreadnoughts. Since, you know, it was a crucial and important advantage of the Turian Fleet at Palaven that they, and not the Reapers, could turn the fastest.

Ruirk is right, though. Mass Effect is ridiculously low end compared to 40k.

And that's before we bring in the Arks Mechanicus, which have truly HILARIOUS amounts of overkill and technological bullshit.
Ah, apologies then. Really? The Turians were faster? Good old bioware consistency.

I didn't know about the yield level of their point defense weapons, those would likely ruin a reapers day. Most of my data on 40k comes from some wiki trawling, though.

I still stand by that the 40k ships we have or will have for decent amount of time couldn't physically carry enough ammo to take on the entire reaper fleet though, even if the reapers had to just throw ships at them until we ran out of ammo.

Ah, apologies then. Really? The Turians were faster? Good old bioware consistency.

I didn't know about the yield level of their point defense weapons, those would likely ruin a reapers day. Most of my data on 40k comes from some wiki trawling, though.

I still stand by that the 40k ships we have or will have for decent amount of time couldn't physically carry enough ammo to take on the entire reaper fleet though, even if the reapers had to just throw ships at them until we ran out of ammo.
Well most 40k ships can actually produce their own ammo. Well the right ship component anyway.

DAoT Human Ships and Eldar Ships shouldn't need to bother with that, I think, for what it's wowrth.

Lascannons don't run out of ammo and that's what in most Imperial ships weapon batteries. Followed by plasma cannons. If you go by the BFG rulebook ship descriptions at least, Battlefleet Koronus may contradict that though.

This is from the BFG rulebook:
Weapons Batteries is a catch-all name for the majority of weapons present on star ships. Most vessels (especially Imperial and Ork ones) are pock-marked with gun ports and weapons housings. Within each one is a range of weaponry including Plasma Projectors, Laser cannons, Missile Launchers, Rail Guns, Fusion Beamers and Graviton Pulsars. Batteries tend to be fired in one concentrated blast or following a pattern determined by the captain for maximum effect.[1]

So, everyone.
What is our priorities when it comes to the new universe we're escaping to?

Is it 'humans are in danger'?
Or is it 'there are useful technologies/other abilities we can gain'?

Welp since it seems like the whole balance thing is not very popular, I guess we can just keep with canon tech levels for everything. Also I'm finding it extremely hard to focus and might just post the update and put up the voting choices in the morning. Is that ok with you guys? Or would you rather have the whole package?

Yeah, Koronus is rocking mainly Kinetic Weaponry. That said, we'd be Battlefleet Solar.
Yeah, the contradiction is probably because they are in different Segmenta and the Koronus sector has probably low end ships.

As Battlefleet Solar we probably have mainly plasma based weapons in the batteries, as they are the most advanced ones. With Mars right there to build them and Terra to protect they would get the best ships.

Edit: Actually what is the main threat in Koronus, if it's Orks it makes sense to arm your ships with short ranged weapons that have high firepower and rate of fire.

Last edited:
Welp since it seems like the whole balance thing is not very popular, I guess we can just keep with canon tech levels for everything. Also I'm finding it extremely hard to focus and might just post the update and put up the voting choices in the morning. Is that ok with you guys? Or would you rather have the whole package?
Would be perfectly ok with seeing the update now.
Vote options can wait.

Yeah, the contradiction is probably because they are in different Segmenta and the Koronus sector has probably low end ships.

As Battlefleet Solar we probably have mainly plasma based weapons in the batteries, as they are the most advanced ones. With Mars right there to build them and Terra to protect they would get the best ships.
That said, 'Kinetic Weaponry' in 40k is still firing at speeds equal to or greater than ME's Element Zero boosted stuff.

@torrmercury I'm fine with votes in the morning :)

So, everyone.
What is our priorities when it comes to the new universe we're escaping to?

Is it 'humans are in danger'?
Or is it 'there are useful technologies/other abilities we can gain'?
1. Interesting
2. Not a Curb stomp
3. Humans in danger.
4. Tech

Though I suppose 1 and 2 might be assumed.

edit: Updates For the Glory Of The Emperor!

Last edited:
We can vote on where to go later. I also have an omake in mind with Adam and Ynnead that involves the issue of where they are going to go.

It'll even have a special guest star.

Update now please

Ha! Ok so update commencing. Need to edit it so that it's all properly formatted and such, but it'll be up in a couple of minutes.

...and New Beginnings
... and New Beginnings

As Horus' spirit echo fades away, you clutch at your heart. Though you keep silent, your emotions threaten to overwhelm you. Ynnead glides over to you and touches her fingertips to your face before wiping away the tears that you are silently crying, and then wraps you in a gentle hug.

Unfortunately, there is no more time to grieve because the Empyrean has finaly acclimated to the presence of the new Goddess. The currents in the Warp have stabilized and restarted their normal turbulence as Slaanesh manifests. Ynnead lets you go as you spin to face the Dark Prince. You watch in interest as you see surprise grow into rage as he-she-he-she sees the bond between you and Ynnead.

N̖͎͎̬̼͙ͥͮͫ̐̆̍͋͝O͈̻͈ͩ͑͗̓͑̋̈͢!̷͈͍̪͈͚͓̼̀̀̉́ ̸̵̨̘̜͖̱̣̪̹͛̓ͫ̐͐̈ͅS̢͇̤̳̾̇̄ͭ͒̾͂̏́h̛̙̣̝̥̜͓̩͕ͦͨ̄̓͆͜ȩ̦̯̜ͨ̊̌̚͘͡ ͖̲̰̤ͣ͋̔̒̂͆͝w̢̧̯̘͎̓̎͑̃̋͑̔͠a̧̦̘̭̘̙ͭ̽́́̄̍͛s̵̸͍̫̪͑̌̀͑͌ͪ͡ ̲̩͕̣͋̾̅s̴̳̭̺̦͚͚̳̈̈́̓ͪ̌ͩ͌͒̈̀ṵ̵̺̟͈͊͌̂̀p͔̰̫̩̖̹͗̌ͥ̋͋̒̃̔͒p̱̹̬͚̿̈́̊͋ͭ́ͭ̍̕ͅo̩̳͕̗ͩ͐̔͠s̷̞̬̞̮̣̠̝͑̚̚͡ḙ̛͈͓̩̫̳̘̮̍͠d̥̠͚̒͛͑ͮͫ͗ͬ̓̕͟ͅ ̡̰̼̲̩̝̭̓̅ͫͧͮ̔͝t͈̹̝͔̰͓̄ͤ̔̉̊͗̋ͣͮͅo̯̙̜̍ ̵̞̗̮ͩ͑ͪ̂̌ͨ̍ͅbe͕̻̰̣̤̯͗̾ͫ̑ͪͪͣͦ͠ ̠͎̾ͤ̈́̌̀ͣ͘ṁ̶̔͐ͤͯ͛̓͒͞i̺̠̣̟̠̮ͪ͊ͭ͒n̸̨͙̻͉͖͙̜̥ͦ̌ͥ͊ͧ͠ͅeͭ͊ͦ̆̿͛͏̭͚͈͖̭̪͚̱̙!̴̟̳͔̰̼̠͕͐̐̍͌͂̌̀͞ ̷̤͍̳ͣ̿͑́̾͝͡Tͫ͊̾ͨḧ̦̻̼͉̣̗̉̂ͪͫ̆̌ͯ̅͜e̴̴̞͌̇͒ ̸̸̴͚͖̝̝̺̟̮̠͌ͫ̈́ͣ̒͒E͍͔̪͍ͧ͆͜l͉̝̼̤͔̫̽͑̅̓ͩͬ̀̚͠d̰̞̎͆̌a̷̙̜̼͕͎͙̱̭̍͜r̩̯͆̋ͯ͗͝͠ ̨̹̾̈́ͭ̔͆ȧ̷̧͇̺̈r̐͊̊̓҉̣̲͉͍̗̯̟ë̞͎̰̖̠̤̰́́ͫ̅̋̄͑͞͞ ̹̙͇̠̃̍́͟ͅm̨͖͔͖̞̰ͣͣͤ͋͝ͅi̧̢͔̬̦͖̣̳̖͔͒̇ͮ̾ͤͬͮn͚͔͈̦̻̱̱͑͗̓̈̚̚͟ë̠̞͚̥̼̯̣̻̔͛ͪ͂̽͆̏ͦ́͢ ̗͈̞̳̻͍̼͚̝͐͑͛ͧ̉ͣͭ͆͟a̪̦̥͔̋ͧͦ͒̈́̎͐͛̕͘n̸̳̝̹̬̺̪͖̽̓̔͟d̢̰̣̝̙̠̈́̿͐̇͊̽̿̀ͅ ̞̲̰̬̫͚̞͚̇͂̆͞m̧̥̖̺̳̝͚̊̓ͨ̿͗̀̅ͅi̶̡̥ͭ̏̅̐̈̌ͦ͌ͬ͠n̥̩̖̘̞͕͖̠̑ͩ͂͂͌͢è̸̼̫̺̂̈́͋̾͜ ͕̙͈͍ͬa͈͓̭̙ͦͪ̓͑̂̿̿͂̂͡l̛ͩ́͊͒͋ͣͪ̍҉̹͙̣o͔͔̪̺͊̆̕͟n͉͕̺̮̆ͥ̇̌́e̸͚̩̪͈͓̟ͣ͂̒̄́̄̑̚͢!͖͍͔̳̳̘ͪ̂ ̧̣̯̇ͯͨ̂ͥ̚Y̷̝̱̲͋͐͒ͯ̉̒̀ͤÖ̢̩́̀́͟U̷͕͓̥̣̱̻̤̺̓͒͆͐͝!̷̲̒ͫ̉̇̈́ͦ͟ͅ ̷̫̥̣̭ͥͯ͂̌ͩ̈͝W͍̝̒̒́̈̽͒ͤͨ͋h̸̜̹̗̭͈̙͈̏ͦ̿́ą̛͙̞̜͈̗̖ͬ̂ͫ̌͑̚t̸̸͋̍͛̊̊̈́̀̀̇҉̟̞̦ ̶̷͔̤̝̺̍̌͢h̛̯̞̗͓̟͚ͩͩͯ̋͗͐a͕̺͉̣͈̓ͫ̀̔̒ͮ̅͊͘͢v̝͙͈̳̾ͯ̃ͯ̎é͍͙ͭ̀͡ ͓͙̯͚͕̖̘̫́́ͫ̄̋͞ẏ̱̱̅̑͐ͫ̕͞o̻̠̣̟̼͔̎ͣ̊̈́͟ủ̷̧̦̮ͭ̆̉͑ ̵̧̘̟̝̝̫̖̣͉̋̔̂̅̂͌̌̿͝d̢͐̏͒ͨ̋͂̀͏͔̖̦o̴̖̙̬̻̘͔̩ͪͯ́ͫ͞nͨ̈́̒̊̐͝͏̧͖͚ě̥̰̲̇̐́̓ͮ̑?̝̯̊̀̓͒̾́͜͟͟!̛̺̦̻͖̮̬͐͑ͬ͋

The Dark Prince of Pleasure rushes at you, engaging you in battle physically for the first time. She holds his sword out in front of him as she stabs forward, aiming for your head, but you sidestep and manifest your lightning claw to counter. The anger of the She Who Thirsts gives you the upper hand and so you take advantage of his blind fury, countering every berserked charge she makes and lash out with your lightning claw. You score two deep slashes but it is no longer just you against Slaanesh, for Nurgle has manifested.

W̢̢̤̐̀́ͭh̺̰̭͕̦̞ͩͮ̅ỷ̧̱̍̔̿̈̀̑͆ͩ ̩̹ͩ̑͌ͮ̉͘h̢̤̞̼̭̦̻̪͉͐̇ͭ̚ͅa̴̘͉͉̙͗̅̓ͣͫ͡v̻͎̀ͤͣ͌ͯ̚e̸ͫ̓ͫͬ̂ͤͪ҉̫̯͍ ̴̲̰̜̋̇ͬͬ̏̍̂͑̒́y̹̣̤̲̔̚̕͡o̮̭̜̘̺͚̹̭̾̽̎͆͐̀̕͞ͅu̢͙͙̥̓̾̇̃̆͐̓ͪ͜͟ ̂̇ͥ̃͏͖̰t̞̬̟̘̅͋ͬ͝a͓̝̋̉̄͊̿͞k͇̤͒̄ͭ̑ͧͭ̿͐̚͟͠e̞̠͌͌n̡ͣͨ̊̍̿́̈ͨ̊҉͇̪̝̯ ̤̥̠̠̻̬̗̖̗̅̂̂̓̎ͯ͐̆͞m͕̞̥̱͓͋͟ý̡̳̳͚ͧͯ͜ ̶̢̫̮ͩ̇̓Ḯ͈̭͔͕̊̄̐ͯͬ̓͝s̶̢͉̭͊̾͒̍͂̓ͧh̵͌́͐̀҉̥̜̻͈̘a̼̭̦̜̳͉̭̓̎̕͟ͅ?̶̧̰͉̳̞̦͓̿̓̑̐ͯ̄́ ̢̧̪̗̖̣͍̖͛ͯT̮̦̞̗͕͖͋ͨ͞ḧ̵̙̫̪̬̼̺̻́ͭͣͅa̢̛͚̬̺̬͉̬ͥ̌̉̾̐t̵̸͖͇̫̝̰̬͑ͩͩ̈̍ ̳̹̙̲̣̭̜̲ͦͨͦ̇̋́t̶̩̯̔̈́̽ͪ́ͣ͘ḫ̡̜̻̊̐̕i̮͚̯̭͙̮̣̺͊́̕ņ͓̺̟̥̹̲̩̋̾͞g̪̭̘͉̺̣͐̽̊̈́̃͂ͅ ̢̖ͯ͐͒̽͑̈ͦ̑͟͠c̵̛̱͖̣̔͐͑̅ͯͮ̚ỏ͔̹͌̔̿ͯ̈̋w̨͖̼̃ͭͭ̅̚͟ė̮̙̰̺͇͍̮͇ͤͬ͒ͯr̶͈̙ͪ́ị̵̴̵̟̮̫̽̎̅ͩn̶̖̲̜͍ͯͭ̾͒ͥ͊̈́́́g̢͇̫̞̬ͨ̓̀ͯ̀͛̚͘ ͔̼̹̳̘̝̰̲̿ͬ͊ͣͯ́̚b̬̮̔̿̀͋̿ͫ̈́͢e̞̝̭̬̠̓͊ͧ́ͪ̇͜ḩ̞̥̲̬̽ͬ͌ͯ̕i̪̥̪̰̐̊͐̕͞͝ͅn͈̖̪͖͚͙͈ͪ͊̑ͬ͛́ͥ͟͡d̴͙̘̋̎̓͜ ̹ͣ̽͐͛̓̅ͧͦͩ͝ͅý̳͎̏͢o̱͚̯̱ͨͦ͋͋͊͌ͦ̂uͤͨ̽҉͓͎̹̜̻͓͈ ̲̠̘̆ͧ͒͋̋ͬ́͜d̢̮̜͗̑̾̚ĕ̡̟͈̣͖̩̫͙̯̎ͪ̿͞s̪̜̐͘͡͝e̴͎̼̰̓̕̕ŗ̝̟̹͙̭̟̟̹̈́v̙͎̦̆ͬẽ̢̨̨͖̪̐̅̔ͦ͛̽s̙̻̰̤̑ͪ̉ͥ̃̊̚̕͟ ̯̝̿͑̋ͬ̅t̡͉͎̘͕͔͎͎̙͊̑̂̅͂̾̑͢o͎̼̼͙̮̮̥͑ͯ͐̅̎̈ ̵̡̯͕̯̋ͩ̒̑͗͗̃ͧd̼̤̯͕̙̜̎̅̋ͪ̒ͥ̐ͩ͢ͅi̛͙͙̺̤̝͈̎̔ͮͦ̂ͤ̓͂͝e͌ͩ̔ͧ̋ͥ̃ͪ͏̶̳̩̜͍̪͖̼̭̣͞ ͖͚̼̍̀ͤ̿̕͝f̲͎̞͑ͩͫ̀̋̑ͤ͋͟ͅŏ̴̞̑͛͗̌ͮͦͅrͥ͂ͧ̎̄̅͋̇̌͏҉̤̰͈̮̞̗͖̟̳ ̸̧͍̗̖̬͖̟͆̓̈̏ͅt̨͇̬̫̦̮̃ͧͮ̉̾̿ͪ̐a̢̖̺̦̞̤̰̫͂̑̅͌ͦͭͩͥ̀͟k̵̳̟͔̜̰̞͓̬̃͌͝ḭ̠̟̆ͩ̃̈́n̨̜̰͍̠̩̹̜͒̇̿͋̌ͭ̎͘͜ͅg̱̜̬͍͕͆͢͡ ͎̗̘̭͉̠̯͈͖̌̾͊̈̚͜͡ṁ̸̧ͬ̆̏҉̭̻̹y̫̼̠͈͋ ̜̤̣͔̞̱͕̪̻ͩͣ̋͒͐͗I̫̟̫̋̑͋̇̈́̇̋ͬ́͞ͅs͓̪̟̼̀͐ḣ̵̴̭̜͍̖̋ͮ̀́a͆̒̽̓̋̉͆͋͗͏̵̰̥ ̛͖̝̹̩͎͒ͬ̈ͮͪ̊ͯͨ͆̕à̷̟̈́̀̋͗ͦ̃̔ͥw̸͓̗͔̰̬̤̥ͯ͗ͦ̕͜a̶̟͉͍̳͇̖̙͍̻̽̂ͤ̓̀̚͟y̸̶̼̭͍̳̠̭ͯͪ̈̈́̊ͤͅͅ!͓͉ͦ̒ͥ̈́͘ ̪͕ͭ͜W̡͈̫̮̖͙̞̺͗̏͗̌ͥͦ͠H̰̪͔̙ͯ͊͠Yͭ͋̅̚͘҉͙̞͜ ͙̯͖̦̍͋ͭͮM̨͚̈́̿͑̂Ṷ͚͍̘̣̪͓͍̃̊̓͠Ş̶̡̘̦̬̺̬̰̻ͯ͐̆ͭT̻̫̞̹̤͔̄͑̍̇ͫ̐̎̽ ̒͒ͩͯ͂̄͆̄͏̧̙̝͍̘̪̳Y̶͓͖̭̣̮͎̟͚͒͋̑ͦͫŐ̠̭͈̼̮̈͑̔́͢U̧̢͕͉͖̠͕̩̲̝͛̐̔͑̂ͥ̏ ̝ͭ̍̒̉ͮ̋̚̚K̸̰̪̗̦̒̓͢͡I̦̪͉̒͆͐ͦ̀L̸̖̗͙̥̗̣͔̙͗͗̓ͪ́ͦͣ͂ͅL̰̫̻̘̥̟͛ͧ̽̋͛̕͝ ̺͎͎̲̲̆́A̙̒ͭ́͛̽ͥ͒́̕L͚̰̩͉̪̓ͦ̾̕͟L͙̘͊ͣ̕ ̷̯͉͓̜͊͊͞͞T̛̰͖̯̝͛ͬ͢Ḩ̯͍̂ͯ͌͆̈A̹̯͎͉̗ͧͤ̀́̕͘T̳͔͎͈̍ ̟̩̹̅͢P̱͓̰͈̣̍ͩ͑ͦͅĀ͎̥͑ͧ͡P̦̞͖̳͉͖̹̯̤̍̐͑͌A̻̺̱͎͆̋̈́ͬ͒̏͋ ̸̵̹̟̠̙̠̼ͥ̃ͯ̄Ṋ̺̰̤̦̩̣ͦ̔̊ͅÙ̷̸̜͕͚̝͕̣̘͉ͯ̓̀R̶͈ͯͦͭͦ̾́G̫͚̳̰̦̓̆̕L̡̼̭͕̲̰̦͐̊͆Ẻ̢͔̱͎͖̥͓̠̤̟̓ͮ́ͣͫ͊ ̧̭̞͙̗͉̝̏ͭ̑̍ͥͧ͌͗ͧͅL̡̠͛͆̒́͟Ơ̸̟͙͇̼͓͐̈͑͆͜V̴̦̩͎̩̫͋ͤĖ̛̟͙̘̍͠S͉̈́́̚͟?̘̫ͬ͑̑̀͜!̪͍̹̹̖̍ͯ

D̡̬̥̭̤̞̞ͦ̏̅́̆̽̄͂̀o̢͇̳̰̲̪̩͍ͯ̊͐̽̒ͣ͒ͩn̴̟̮͓̖̪̹͙͗̋ͫͬ̆͆̀̍'̠̼̞͕̖̱̈́͐͆̍ͮ͊̇͝t̢̩͓͖̐ ̭̭͎̻̤̱̄ͧͭ͗̂̓̒ÿ̺̭̻͔̺̳͚̯́ͪ͂̇̾͘͞ǫ̶̭͈͛ͣͥ̎̀͘u̷̠̟̥͙̥ͨ̄͐ͦ̌ͪ͊̌ ̬̞͍͇̹͍̂̎ͨ̔d̨̟̙ͧ̾ͫ́̓a̢̙̬̩̘͂̓̾̊̃́̌ͅrͨ̆̕͏͉̪̤̤e̡̼̹̔͐ͩͩͧ̀͊́ ̵̨̙͉̙̰̥̙̺͙̠̈́ͯ̋̽ͬͩ͊̑t̘͐̃̒͛̈́̄͋̉͢o̸̵͉̮͇ͧͣͬ̇̚͜u͙͍̟͙̳͒̽͒̓̇͆̋́ͅc̜̳͊͢ḥ̴̡̳͚̪̪͉͇͚̑͐̀̎ͦ̾̆ͫ͜ ̨̘̪̺ͫ̾ͭ͋̾̿͘͝ḧ̵̛͚̹́ͨ͋̃̌͑͢ͅė̸̪̰̌ͮ̌r̨̢̫͖̼͆ͬ ͓̞̼̹̘̮͖͖̈́̋ͦͧ̃͊͜͡ͅNͨ̆ͦͥͨͤ̎͑̀҉̣͓̞̜̗̫̙̞ͅu̷͖̰̪̱̞̱͍͕̓̉̔ͪ̑ͥͪr̨̮ͤ̀g̛͚̥̩͂̅̐͑̈͜l̙̱̍͆ͤ̍ͥ̋̀̕͠é̦̦̊̎ͪ̃̑ͩ̔̽!̢̳̮̔͒́̓ͫ͂̑ ̸̷̲̥͓͍̗̘͐͐͂͡S̸̩͎̖͇̟̪͗̐͑͞ͅh̳̰͖̪̠ͦͭ͟͠ͅȅ͙̬͇͇̰̃̐͒ͥ̀͑̚͠'̦̩͈̘̳̅̌͛̎̅ͧͭ̚ͅͅs̾̎̀̋̊ͨ͛̇͏͉͈ ̶̗̦̠̒ͤ̃ͬm̴̯͖̰͉̲͚̔́i̡̟̥̼̹̰͚̲̋̊ͨ͊̿̀̉ͧn̷̗̺͈͂̀ͤ̄͌̈ͥ͜ͅĕ̤̜̞̘̻͖̮̬̏̂̀̚̚!̟̯̮͋ͪ̈́ͫ͊ͥ̂̂

Nurgle sneers at Slaanesh before acquiescing and then making to bombard you with rot. Slaanesh prepares another charge but Ynnead engages him in your stead, spearing her-him-her-him in the side.

If you want me so much, then try to take me. I am the Last Goddess of the Eldar, not you.

Slaanesh leers at her before dislodging the spear. He engages her in battle...

You and Ynnead are able to heavily wound both Slaanesh and Nurgle before the situation starts to become dire. With your concentration split between your own battle and watching out for Ynnead as Nurgle lobs… stuff… at her in between attacks against you, Tzeentch is able to manifest behind you and launch a barrage of Warpfyre.

1d100 = 2 -> + 16 = 18 (Minor Critical Failure negated) Harsh Failure​

Though you sensed the attack and make to move, you are unable to dodge it completely and are blasted by the sorcerous flames. Distracted as you are by the crippling pain, worse than that you endured within in The Golden Throne, you are unable to do anything as you watch Khorne manifest and plunge his sword through your chest.

(Gained trait Grave Psychic Wounds: You have been wounded deeply on a psychic level and must spend considerable time to put your mind and soul back together. Psyker Rating is slower to move upwards and you are incapable of heavily taxing yourself psychically until you are healed, lest you risk death)

-------------------

1d100 = 38 -> + 22 + 10 = 70 Success
1d50 = 32 Success​

You nearly panic as Adam is wounded by Tzeentch. While your fight the sworn enemy of the Eldar is important, Adam will always come first. You use your spear as a conduit for your psyker abilities and force push Slaanesh, and in his surprise is sent tumbling away from you. You distress grows as you witness Khorne puncture the Emperor's armor and stab him through the chest and you cry out in near desperation.

In your despair, you learn that you are able to Howl. Your screams buffet the three Gods around the Golden Father and sends them to their knees, clutching at their ears in pain. Slaanesh just looks like she's climaxing from the the sonic attack, the damned slut/man-whore/harlot. Your howl won't hold them for long, but it does give you enough time to recover the spirit of your bonded and retreat to the mouth of the portal.

Unexpectedly, your howl is answered by two voices, harsh and primal in their timbre. You can only watch in morbid fascination as the Immaterium starts to grow green while the Ork gods, Gork and Mork (or was it Mork and Gork?), bellow back. They come charging, like a pair of rampaging squiggoths, into the fray against the Ruinous Powers.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

They engage with Khorne and Nurgle immediately, scoring two heavy blows against the Dark Gods, before they are rebuffed. Khorne surges into battle with the both of them as Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh disengage and come after you… merely seconds too late as you cross the threshold of the portal.

The watch in grim satisfaction as the C̖͓͚̺̝̤̩ͧ̔ͥ̂ͮ́̽͜͢ĥ̶̢̰̝ā̡͖͉͑ͦ̇̄̽͒̕o̷̪̖̳͉̬ͥ͗̓̎̽ͅͅs̵̸̖͉͔͕͎͆̿ͣ̆̐͐̊͂ Gods rage in their failure and as Mork (or was it Gork?) makes eye contact with you and actually winks.

'Ey, tell da humie Emprah fanks fer da good fights fer us eh?

And then his counterpart chimes in.

Yeah! Danks ta 'em, we'z getz ta hav' da time of our livez!

...?

You are oh so very confused. The Ork gods just helped you escape? And thanked you for doing so? ...Regardless, you are appreciative and keep watch for any tendrils of Chaotic influence on the wormhole. If there is any influence within the fleet, the Dark Gods may be able to force a new portal open from their taint in the new realm.

You are almost through the event horizon as one long minute passes, and still you see none of the Great Enemy's influence...

-------------------

1d50 = 40​

Within the great Arks Mechanicus, the Emperor's Pathfinder and the Might of the Omnissiah, lies 8 Imperial Titans. A single Scout, Reaver, Warlord, and Emperor Titan lies in each ship in order to venerate the god machines, preserve our technology and provide redundancy. However, the tendrils of the Ruinous Powers are everywhere, and even in the End Days, with the Emperor leading the Exodus into a new realm, heretics have managed to infiltrate the fleeing masses of humanity.

"What are you doing Garth? The Titan is activating!"

"The Emperor is only going to fail, Meldin. The Changer of Ways has foreseen it."

"Heresy! Where are the Skitarii? Captain Jo-gggahnngg"

The Scout Titan steps on Magos Meldin, crushing him from the waist down. Dark laughter filters down from the Titan's external voxes while the Reaver and Warlord Titans activate as well. The Machine Spirits of the three Titans fight the corruption of their pilots as best they can, but it is no use. The hereteks are in full control as the titans start firing their weapons and moving within the confined space of the ship, causing unmitigated damage to the hanger of the Might of the Omnissiah.

However you, a woman not even a princeps, manages to make it to the lone non-corrupted god machine, the Emperor Titan Bright Legend. You make it to the cockpit and connect yourself to the glorious Machine Spirit of the titan, knowingly undertaking a task that is assuredly going to kill you. If you can sacrifice your life to save the rest of those on this ship, you are more than willing to go to the Emperor's side. As you make contact, Bright Legend immediately assaults your mind. You strain, battling the Machine Spirit, trying to assert dominance or at the very least give enough information to guide it to initiate battle against the rogue titans. You pray to the Omnissiah for His strength because yours is not enough. You pray to the Emperor for his fortitude because yours is not enough.

There is silence and then a void starts filling your very soul, for you finds that though He has responded, the Emperor is gravely wounded. He is weakened beyond all measure in his battle with the Dark Gods. But even in His condition, He gives you what strength He can for He cannot bare to abandon His children. With tears rushing down your face, you, Aurora Rosaline Bach, barely push down the Machine Spirit and activate the titan. The normal euphoric addiction of interfacing with a god machine is absent, as the bulwark of the Emperor protects your soul as you try to save the ship.

You are now no longer just Aurora Bach. You are the Emperor Titan, Bright Legend, and you crush the corrupted Warhound in a surprise attack, but are unable to move fast enough to immediately hit the Reaver and Warlord titans. They respond by opening fire with their weapons, but you deftly battle the two in a long and arduous battle. You and Bright Legend finally manage to take down the Reaver with a savage blow before facing off against the Warlord. While both titans have taken damage, Bright Legend is devestated while the corrupted Warlord is still mostly in one piece since you dared not fire your weapons in the confines of the Ark.

The strain is starting to become too much as even the strength given by the Emperor starts to fade. Though you try to keep your panic down, it is no use. The Machine Spirit is starting to overcome your domination. Just as you though all hope lost, you feel another presence suffuse your being, even as the Emperor's pulls back. You are filled with a blindingly pure Light that soothes your tortured mind and flows into Bright Legend. The Light starts to escape the titan's weapons and you feel a voice whisper to you to fire your right arm's Hellstorm Cannon. You feel the voice's strength and purity, and you decide to trust this new… Goddess. As you allow yourself to let her in, you feel Her love envelop you and you do as she says, hoping beyond hope that she will not guide you wrong.

And she does not. Instead of the Hellfire salvo that you expected, the cannon fires a searing Light into the Warlord Titan and burns the corruption away, even as the Light restores everything else around it to purity. In complete awe, you disengage from Bright Legend and give thanks to… Ynnead. She touches your mind in much the same way that the Emperor did earlier, and you weep as you give thanks to the Emperor and the new Empress of Man.

(Gained 5 Titans: Warhound Titan Red Fury, Reaver Titan Invictus, Warlord Titan Rust Hammer, Emperor Titan Rogal Dorn, and Emperor Titan Bright Legend)

(Ark Mechanicus Might of the Omnissiah has sustained minor damage)

(5000 population lost)

(Gained Hero: Aurora Rosaline Bach, Living Saint)

-------------------

You have averted disaster on the Ark and have empowered a mortal to become what Adam calls a Living Saint so that you may begin to gain acceptance from your bonded's, and now your, children. With the last of the C̖͓͚̺̝̤̩ͧ̔ͥ̂ͮ́̽͜͢ĥ̶̢̰̝ā̡͖͉͑ͦ̇̄̽͒̕o̷̪̖̳͉̬ͥ͗̓̎̽ͅͅs̵̸̖͉͔͕͎͆̿ͣ̆̐͐̊͂ influence purged from the Exodus, you turn your attention to pulling the wormhole closed behind you, even as you pull Adam through. The last thing you hear before the portal is finally shut is a scream in rage as Tzneetch realizes that his disciples are no longer among the Fleet.

Smiling softly in triumph, you turn your attention to the end of the portal so that you may better guide your children in what is to come. Though you know that Adam will aid you, he does need to recover first, both from his ordeal against the Chaos gods and from his rebirth.

What do you see Ynnead?
[] A galaxy once ruled by everlasting beings that once warred in the heavens, much like the Old Ones and the C'tan. They left many vestiges of their greatness that the younger races are now exploiting for their own purposes. Here, humanity is very young, and thus is naive. They discovered and given the secrets of practical faster than light travel to the galaxy at large, making for a supremely dangerous situation. The fuse is ever shortening and the arrival of time travelers does not make it any easier.

[] A galaxy brimming with potential but with whispers of darker, more sinister things. Technology in this universe has diverged heavily, with each alien race using extremely different methods of faster than light travel, which has led to a uniquely diverse realm. This variety has led Humanity to thrived on the threats and challenges they face, but the other races have also done well for themselves.

[] A galaxy in the midst of a technological renaissance, though there is a dark shadow looming in the near future. The major galactic powers here are all aliens, though that insidious darkness has many tendrils across the galaxy, working towards some inscrutable purpose. The Eldar here have been wiped out long ago while humanity has only just been jump started to the interstellar stage by the discovery of an ancient data cache on Mars.

[] A galaxy at the end of a broken cycle, with a single voice in the darkness calling out to bring about the end of an era. Man is strong here, but fractured beyond all reckoning. The other two great powers here are far more advanced, either biologically or technologically, than man and we have few allies among the stars. However, there are a select few that can lead man to greatness, but only if they survive the coming storm.

[] A galaxy that is very, very quite. While there has been exuberant activity in this realm in the distant past, there are now only remnants of former glories. While there is alien activity among the stars, there is a malevolent force hiding in the shadows of the galaxy. The Eldar are nowhere to be seen, and humanity is only now just recovering interstellar technical from their regression to the stone age.

[] A galaxy slowly being engulfed by tendrils of darkness. While humanity has thrived, the Eldar here have died out, though not before passing on their teachings and culture to a faction of humans that led to an entire society of psykers. However, they and the main human faction are at war with each other as well as with a group of desperate aliens, fleeing from the encroaching darkness.

[] A galaxy in the midst of a terrible war, very similar to the conflict between the Imperium and Chaos. Here, the forces of Light are fighting a losing war against the Dark, in a bitter battle that has spanned over a thousand years so far. While you cannot see any Eldar here, there are many humans and aliens abound, many of which are active psykers, using the powers of the Warp on both sides of the conflict.

[] A galaxy that is the refuge of humanity after the Milky Way has collapsed. The main powers here are all descendants of man and is curiously absent of alien life. Meanwhile, space is filled with living demigods ensconced in their mighty ships, looking not even a second to the teeming masses living on the planets below.

[] A galaxy filled with the dust of the ancients, where once stood an endless empire, is now a few fractured pieces of what they left behind. The remnants are everywhere here, and have allowed the races of the galaxy to rise up faster than evolution and progress would have wrought. There are no dangers here aside from the inheritors of the ancients, and the enemy of the remnants.

[] A galaxy filled with countless alien species, some great and others shy. While this universe's Milky Way is currently embroiled in war, most of its history is oddly peaceful; the aliens here generally work together with some notable exceptions. Interestingly enough, the indigenous Humanity and Eldar in this universe are actually part of a coalition, working together in harmony.

Last edited:
Back