[DISCONTINUED] In the Beginning, There Was Man (WH40k x SC)

Stargate runs into the same problem as star trek. Namely the ancients will act due to them perceiving the emperor and ynnead being just like the Ori. And honestly they would win simply do to there being more of them.

I'm not very interested in Eclipse Phase for the crossover, because everyone except the Jovian is some form of Heretek. That would lead to our population freaking out and starting to kill everyone. And yes we could easily do that with our fleet and our Space Marines and whatever high end groundforces the Mechanicus has with them.

Also I'm going to suggest Muv-Luv again. The BETA are pretty straightforward from a moral standpoint. We can probably all agree on killing them all, scouring the galaxy of them and then find their creators.

Gears of War should be pretty much the same, from what I know of it.

Stargate could be interesting.
I'm not interested in Muv-Luv; might be from that other Quest having left a very sour taste in my mouth, but the thought of having to treat them as anything but pests to completely destroy is not appealing.

Mu-luv would be boring do to there be nothing but Beta everywhere. Also don't forget they strip mine planets of resources.
Yeah, fighting only BETA could become repetitive after a while. That's the drawback of it being straightforward in regards to threats.
I doubt that they have stripmined everything though, when I said a galaxy full of them I wasn't literal.
Stargate runs into the same problem as star trek. Namely the ancients will act due to them perceiving the emperor and ynnead being just like the Ori. And honestly they would win simply do to there being more of them.
Eh, the Ancients didn't do much against the Ori, why would they act fast or at all against the Emperor and Ynnead? They are big on nonintervention afterall.

Yeah, fighting only BETA could become repetitive after a while. That's the drawback of it being straightforward in regards to threats.
I doubt that they have stripmined everything though, when I said a galaxy full of them I wasn't literal.
Eh, the Ancients didn't do much against the Ori, why would they act fast or at all against the Emperor and Ynnead? They are big on nonintervention afterall.
They didn't do much agianst the Ori for two reason. The Ori are stronger then them and out number them.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in Muv-Luv; might be from that other Quest having left a very sour taste in my mouth, but the thought of having to treat them as anything but pests to completely destroy is not appealing.
To me that's a feature not a bug, but that's a matter of taste and other settings are interesting as well.

They didn't do much agianst the Original for two reason. The Original are stronger then them and out number them.
What makes you think we are weaker than them? Well the Emperor alone as he is now probably is, but Ynnead is there as well. They also would try to talk to us first, I think.

Last edited:
... Can the Ascended actually do jack to us?

They... Disable fighters, zip around the galaxy and such.
The Emperors Gaze would probably kill them all unless they are buffed to Quantum Reapers really.

Knights of Sidonia
Marvel
Cthulutech
Muv-Luv
Farscape
Surpreme Commander

Are all things I'd vote for. We don't have to go into the universes when they're at their strongest after all. Torr would balance it I hope.

As long as we're throwing out potentially interesting universes, how about Sins of a Solar Empire or Sword of the Stars?

Edit: Or Galactic Civilizations

Last edited:
Sins of a Solar Empire would be cool, We'd get to find out who the big bad is the Vasari are running from.

They can do a lot more then that. They just don't because they don't need to.
That sounds more like Hyperbole.

Some concrete things actually demonstrated that is not Ancient propaganda?
All I saw from the Ori was Telekinetics that an not even High-G worlder human could jerk around in, Better than Eldar Visions/Divination (Not on the fly though), Mind-Control, and that shield that they Naq-Nuked, and... Teleportation?

Actually I found Andromeda boring.
Andromeda has an advantage, in that we could also end up meeting supernatural beings (I know that there are beings that basically represent black holes), which means Ynnead could get jealous and that'd be hilarious.
Then we've also got some impressive ship speeds, which I think could be interesting to take for our own.

That sounds more like Hyperbole.

Some concrete things actually demonstrated that is not Ancient propaganda?
All I saw from the Ori was Telekinetics that an not even High-G worlder human could jerk around in, Better than Eldar Visions/Divination (Not on the fly though), Mind-Control, and that shield that they Naq-Nuked, and... Teleportation?
The ancients were preventing the ori from interfering to much. And even then then they still made a super plague. And then there's how they made the super gate.

I certainly am going to be choosing universes that I actually know about and can read up on. The problem is that some of those settings I don't give a lot of fucks about. Some are also REALLY strong against us right now (Fucking EVE Online, really?) and while I'd not like to go for universe in which we can curbstomp, I rather not deal with some one that requires us to tiptoe around for the first few turns after we get setup.

Though it isn't like we don't have resources in which we can run a successful shadow war.

Ascended Ancients are quite good at getting what they want. Look at it this way, Ori are problem so they subtly pointed SGC into luring them, then they continue to nudge Tau'ri until they finally complete god killing weapon and unleash it on Ori while Ancient themselves are safe.
Same with Pegasus, poke here, nudge there and humans start cleaning mess left by Lannteans, oh for drama sake lets put this allegedly "exiled" ancient to protect this planet SG team are likely to visit so they may see how important it is to take care of Wraiths.
In short, if you squint all of SG can be seen as plan on Ascended Ancients to get people of earth to take care of their problems.

Right, okay, since this bug won't just leave my brain, I'll write it down.

Ideas for possible settings/universes to end up in (assuming we don't go to a 100% homebrew place):
-Star Trek
-Star Wars
-Star Gate
-Andromeda
-Farscape
-Firefly
-Mass Effect
-Halo
-Gears of War
-Gundam
-Marvel Cinematic Universe
-Pacific Rim
-Eclipse Phase
-Cthulutech
-Supreme Commander
-Command and Conquer Tiberium-verse
-Command and Conquer Red Alert-verse
-Golarion (Pathfinder) star system/galaxy
-Macross/Robotech
-Battletech
-Last Starfighter
-Dune
-Some iteration of Transformers
-Honor Harrington
-Battlestar Galactica
-Exalted
-EVE Online
-Wing Commander
-Nanoha-verse
-Knights of Sidonia
-Muv-Luv
-Sins of a Solar Empire
-Sword of the Stars
-Galactic Civilizations
-X-Com
-Warframe

I'm sure there are others, and several of those may be very "blah", but hey, it's a bunch of ideas instead of just like 2-3.

Scratch out

-Andromeda
-Farscape
-Eclipse Phase
-Cthulutech
-Last Starfighter
-Dune
-Honor Harrington
-Nanoha-verse
-Knights of Sidonia
-Muv-Luv

I may or may not keep the rest.

Edit: Also add Starcraft to the list.

Scratch out

-Andromeda
-Farscape
-Eclipse Phase
-Cthulutech
-Last Starfighter
-Dune
-Honor Harrington
-Nanoha-verse
-Knights of Sidonia
-Muv-Luv

I may or may not keep the rest.

Edit: Also add Starcraft to the list.
Done.

FWIW, my votes from what remains:
-Mass Effect
-MCU
-Macross/Robotech
-Battletech
-X-Com
EDIT: -Starcraft

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards either Starcraft or Mass Effect.
Hm, maybe Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Last edited:
Back