Am I making a horrible mistake?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • YES!

Votes: 233 94.3%

• Total voters
Sometimes I think that the western stigma against living with your parents and thus needing to live in their basement doesn't help anybody.

I'm thirty, I live with my parents, and I live in a proper room, not the basement. (Admittedly, basements are not really things in Asian construction. And it's the 2nd smallest bedroom in the house but it's more than large enough for my needs. :p)

Sometimes I think that the western stigma against living with your parents and thus needing to live in their basement doesn't help anybody.

I'm thirty, I live with my parents, and I live in a proper room, not the basement. (Admittedly, basements are not really things in Asian construction. And it's the 2nd smallest bedroom in the house but it's more than large enough for my needs. :p)

I think the stigma is largely directed towards unemployed NEETS and not just merely living with their parents, Mykan has some issues, so he get's a pass, i'm still studying and i'm pretty sure you're working.

Last edited:
I think the stigma is largely directed towards unemployed NEETS and not just merely living with their parents, Mykan has some issues, so he get's a pass, i'm still studying and i'm pretty sure you're working.
No even if you're working apparently it's a very rare and strange thing to be living with your parents in America. *shrug*

No even if you're working apparently it's a very rare and strange thing to be living with your parents in America. *shrug*

I'm one of those people and I've always been a little reluctant to tell people about my living conditions. Mostly because it took me a year and a half just to land this job at Wal-Mart, after all the interviews and traveling and searching. Feels a little like I'm a loser.

I know I'm better off than lord knows how many people in the country, but still.

I think its because we're all about independence and stuff here, but that's just my view.

Ahh you're talking about this from the American perspective, my bad, i was looking at this from the Asian view point.

At any rate the American's are an independent lot, so it makes sense that they would view someone living with their parents with trepidation.

Any kancolle fics you've read that's not Ambience.

Belle Bat is one fic I'm catching up in the forums and stories. Before it was GG and Fight our Battle Cry.

Any kancolle fics you've read that's not Ambience.

Belle Bat is one fic I'm catching up in the forums and stories. Before it was GG and Fight our Battle Cry.

Changing Destiny is a good read. If you're up for a crossover (and a bit of a self-plug), I'd recommend For Earth and Her Colonies.

Gotta catch up on that to. Btw, have the covenant invaded already there?

Better yet, it's compete! The version on ff.net is better in my opinion; I did some editing between posting it on SB/SV and putting it on Fanfiction.

(That's all I'll say for now; don't want to hijack Del3a's thread. We can continue through PM if you want to.)

It is rather curious. He's probably found something to occupy his time, which is definitely better than writing this.

Ok guys i have another idea for a oneshot.

This one is different, what if...Damon broke the fourth wall and decided to...."talk" to us about how we criticise him??

De3ta do i have the green light?

Last edited:
Indeed. Still having trouble as to whether i should keep Damon's accent or not....on one hand it stays true to his character, on the other hand i hate how the bastard talks....also debating on whether Damon should insult everyone in this thread...i don't want it to be offensive.

For the sake of accuracy, DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

If Crazy Steve where to insult me... here's how it goes.

"You stuck with me since the ops at other states like Charlotte and uhh, other towns, then after my death, you abandon me... then went to the forums that reject me to be corrupted by these hatahs. Then you come back "just to see how's my story and during my epic resurrection, only to shit on me for my edginess. Were you not entertained by the Post apocalyptic edginess of this world? I could forgive you for skipping the first ninety chapters, but I won't forgive you you... poopy head. I have US ships, you like them huh.... c'mon what does it take for you to like it. Plus you don't read everything... You have no right to criticize me... I'm EDGY..... I'm motherfucking Damon.... Crazy Steve is an insult"

I can make a better post apocalyptic story then you. No better. An actual Fallout Kancolle crossover instead of whatever world you are. Hey there are times it has to be dark but there times it can be filled with light, and rainbows, but making a dark story for the sake of being edgy and dark is not my type. Plus my goodness, you abused some shipgirls and even have the audacity to slap Shoukaku! I can forgive the abyssal part. I mean I like the idea but where is she now? Who the hell are you fighting now. Nothing makes sense in your crazy universe. Meanwhile in my Fallout Kancolle universe, she along with Kidou Butai are in Japan and have established a village and taking care of Hornet and Stewart. My main character from Fallout 4 can take you down with his charisma. Nick Valentine WILL ROAST YOU like how he roasted the Brotherhood of Steel.

Sorry, I was in the moment. I still can't get over the part she slapped Shoukaku. Plus I feel bad for her, especially after reading Hiten's doujin. Hell the girls of that world are stuck with him.

If you want me to delete this or find this not good, just tell me.

If Crazy Steve where to insult me... here's how it goes.

"You stuck with me since the ops at other states like Charlotte and uhh, other towns, then after my death, you abandon me... then went to the forums that reject me to be corrupted by these hatahs. Then you come back "just to see how's my story and during my epic resurrection, only to shit on me for my edginess. Were you not entertained by the Post apocalyptic edginess of this world? I could forgive you for skipping the first ninety chapters, but I won't forgive you you... poopy head. I have US ships, you like them huh.... c'mon what does it take for you to like it. Plus you don't read everything... You have no right to criticize me... I'm EDGY..... I'm motherfucking Damon.... Crazy Steve is an insult"

I can make a better post apocalyptic story then you. No better. An actual Fallout Kancolle crossover instead of whatever world you are. Hey there are times it has to be dark but there times it can be filled with light, and rainbows, but making a dark story for the sake of being edgy and dark is not my type. Plus my goodness, you abused some shipgirls and even have the audacity to slap Shoukaku! I can forgive the abyssal part. I mean I like the idea but where is she now? Who the hell are you fighting now. Nothing makes sense in your crazy universe. Meanwhile in my Fallout Kancolle universe, she along with Kidou Butai are in Japan and have established a village and taking care of Hornet and Stewart. My main character from Fallout 4 can take you down with his charisma. Nick Valentine WILL ROAST YOU like how he roasted the Brotherhood of Steel.

Sorry, I was in the moment. I still can't get over the part she slapped Shoukaku. Plus I feel bad for her, especially after reading Hiten's doujin. Hell the girls of that world are stuck with him.

If you want me to delete this or find this not good, just tell me.

Hey no worries, this is pretty cool, though mine..is much more violent then this....much much more....

Hey no worries, this is pretty cool, though mine..is much more violent then this....much much more....

Include me there if you can. If he threatens me, USS Democracy, right hand of Atom will protect me and bring Atoms wrath to Crazy Steve.

My profile fic of Shio, that's how I imagined USS Democracy as a shipgirl. Can even launch nukes and has a hammer that is powered by rads.

Back