I didn't say he was a bad actor.

The original Men in Black movie is one of my favorites. I was commenting that Will smith tends to play Will Smith, and I want someone to play Deadshot, not Will Smith

That's pretty much MY worry with Will Smith in the role. If Deadshot goes 'Oh HELL no" at one point, I will be very cross.

One wonders which cast member will be killed off in Suicide Squad? The comics, at least, were well known for offing B-Listers.

I'm betting Slip Knot dies, along with Tattooed Man. And possibly Rick Flag, tho we'll see.

One wonders which cast member will be killed off in Suicide Squad? The comics, at least, were well known for offing B-Listers.

I'm betting Slip Knot dies, along with Tattooed Man. And possibly Rick Flag, tho we'll see.
I'm going to be pissed if the Latino and the Native American are the ones who die.

But El Diablo is a fairly regular Suicide Squad Member so I think he's got good chances.

If someone has to die, please let it be Boomerang. :V

That's pretty much MY worry with Will Smith in the role. If Deadshot goes 'Oh HELL no" at one point, I will be very cross.
one of my fears is that hes gonna have the mask and the eyepiece on for 40 seconds and then never again in the whole movie.
I'm going to be pissed if the Latino and the Native American are the ones who die.

But El Diablo is a fairly regular Suicide Squad Member so I think he's got good chances.

If someone has to die, please let it be Boomerang. :V
honestly, i will be pissed if anyone other than deadshot and harley survive the movie. cause, ya know suicide squad.

Last edited:
one of my fears is that hes gonna have the mask and the eyepiece on for 40 seconds and then never again in the whole movie.
It's likely to be off most of the time. You wouldn't pay 40 million dollars to get Will Smith in a movie and than have him under a mask the whole time. Why do you think Iron Man 3 had about 20 minutes of Iron Man in a suit? Or why Captain America has his mask off a lot of the time?

Not really, not with today's tech. It's not even a very complex animation job. What is expensive is RDJ's salary, and they're not going to pay it to have him hidden in a suit the whole movie.
Which is also why half of every ironman-is-suited-up fight shows the inside of the armor, where his face is visible.

My guess as to why Joker has all the tattoos and the grill.

He killed one of Batman's Robins. So Bruce made Joker eat his own teeth. Everyone's favorite clown had the tattoos done so he could still taunt people while he waited on new teeth.

My guess as to why Joker has all the tattoos and the grill.

He killed one of Batman's Robins. So Bruce made Joker eat his own teeth. Everyone's favorite clown had the tattoos done so he could still taunt people while he waited on new teeth.
I figured that since he lives in a world where Batman casually brands criminals the tats are a way to cover up all the scars he has. Same with the teeth.

It's rather telling how I'm unable to take Batman vs Superman seriously despite it desperately wanting me to, yet here's a DC film that is transparently flaunting how absurd its premise is and I'm completely on board.
Quoted for truth.

Maybe it's because I'm much more Marvel than DC for my go-to superhero entertainment, but I wasn't interested in the DCEU at first, and I still am to some degree. I was lukewarm to Suicide Squad until the second trailer, what with Bohemian Rhapsody giving the movie a Guardians of the Galaxy vibe, which quickly made me go fuck it, I will watch that shit. The only other film in their lineup I might be tempted to watch would be Booster Gold & Blue Beetle, because it was described as "buddy cops film, but with superheroes". Then again, it depends on how well the other films will be presented, after all, both GoG and Ant-Man were unexpectedly good despite their ridiculous concepts.

Do we know if their mission is related to the aftermath of BatmanvSuperman or something? Not sure if that's what Amanda Waller was implying by mentionning Superman, but if so, it might influence me to see BvS, no matter how much it looks bad.

honestly, i will be pissed if anyone other than deadshot and harley survive the movie. cause, ya know suicide squad.
I'll be pissed if nobody on the squad kills themselves. :V

Fan theory going around: the reason the gun-toting DCEU Batman (of Murder) doesn't kill the Joker... is because the original Joker is already dead. The one who is gonna star in the Suicide Squad is...note the scars on the left photo:

The Joker IS Jason Todd, like in Batman Beyond where Tim Drake had never recovered from his torture and brainwashing.

Discuss.

It seems like it would be a bit too much for new audiences right away, but I guess it would be kind of novel?

Counterpoint: Batman vs Superman.

:V
Oddly enough BvS didn't really introduce a lot of backstory and mythology. With Joker being the bad guy they don't really need to explain anything about him. He's the Joker, he's on a killing spree. The focus should be on explaining the 7 other totally new (to major audience) characters they have leading the story.

No, but I did hope he might actually stretch a acting muscle and do something different.

Clearly no....

Back