I didn't say he was a bad actor.

The original Men in Black movie is one of my favorites. I was commenting that Will smith tends to play Will Smith, and I want someone to play Deadshot, not Will Smith

Stan Lee fucking cheats by cameoing in massive, blockbuster comic book movies AND raking in royalties.

There's probably going to be some Shawshank going on with his character. But it's a Hollywood Superhero movie. Of course there's going to be some kind of moralistic core, there's no way it's going to be as nihilistic as an actual villain centric DC comic.

From what I've seen about this movie's Deadshot from press releases, he's a lighter shade of dark grey compared to the majority of the squad. Basically, he sees what he does (murdering people) as taking out the trash. Which granted, sounds more like Punisher then Deadshot, but as long as the cocky jerk part (a part which Will Smith can play very well) is still there then it'll be fine.

On another note, rewatching the trailer, there is a sequence where an unidentified meta (who seems to be wrapped up in some sort of cloth or vines or something) shreds a train at 1:43. So who is Joker manipulating?

It's rather telling how I'm unable to take Batman vs Superman seriously despite it desperately wanting me to, yet here's a DC film that is transparently flaunting how absurd its premise is and I'm completely on board.

It's rather telling how I'm unable to take Batman vs Superman seriously despite it desperately wanting me to, yet here's a DC film that is transparently flaunting how absurd its premise is and I'm completely on board.

Well yeah.

Man of steel, the punch from space that destroyed all of Batmans organs. Its kind of hard to accept that Batman can do anything against superman in any continuity.

From what I've seen about this movie's Deadshot from press releases, he's a lighter shade of dark grey compared to the majority of the squad. Basically, he sees what he does (murdering people) as taking out the trash. Which granted, sounds more like Punisher then Deadshot, but as long as the cocky jerk part (a part which Will Smith can play very well) is still there then it'll be fine.

On another note, rewatching the trailer, there is a sequence where an unidentified meta (who seems to be wrapped up in some sort of cloth or vines or something) shreds a train at 1:43. So who is Joker manipulating?
I think it's Common as the Tattooed Man, which would explain some of the shit we saw in the trailer.

Man I dunno it's just not working for me. Which is crazy because "over the top self-aware stupid bullshit with a camp flare" is where I live, but I just kinda found myself rolling my eyes at most of that, especially the Joker.

I'll give it an honest shake (unlike Bat v Sups, which I'm planning to hatewatch from moment one) but I'm not super confident.

I'm interested, but yeah, the presence of the Joker(possibly as a mastermind?) once again is pulling it down for me.

Also how many characters are in the suicide squad, and how many opponents are they facing off against? You have like 6-10 of them, then as opponents you have the Joker, that Tattoo dude, and who knows who else. It seems like a recipe for clutter.

Also how many characters are in the suicide squad, and how many opponents are they facing off against? You have like 6-10 of them, then as opponents you have the Joker, that Tattoo dude, and who knows who else. It seems like a recipe for clutter.
the members of the suicide squad have a life expectancy roughly equivalent to a redshirt

And I think miniature explosives implanted in them in case they get any ideas about not completing the missions.

I imagine that the villains will be little more than mooks as the Suicide Squad is front and center. The good thing about the Joker is that you don't need to establish anything with him to set up the plot. What's his backstory? No one knows. Why is he trying to blow up a city? Because he feels like it. What's his end game? Changes constantly.

Did we actually see Joker on screen with any of the main cast aside from Harley? I suspect he may appear in flashback only.

Did we actually see Joker on screen with any of the main cast aside from Harley? I suspect he may appear in flashback only.
I wouldn't be surprised if they pull this. He could also just be the opening sequence action scene, a la the James Bond movies, used to establish Harley Quinn's character, then promptly exits stage right so that the Suicide Squad can do their thing.

I mean to be frank, the Joker just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that Amanda Waller would assemble a team of "the worst of the worst" to take on.

Last edited:
I could see Joker doing something stupid enough to instigate a Suicide Squad worthy situation.

And Joker being Joker gets to play it off like "I meant to do that lol"

I could see Joker doing something stupid enough to instigate a Suicide Squad worthy situation.

And Joker being Joker gets to play it off like "I meant to do that lol"
And half the audience would probably not even recognize that for that lie that it is...

This. So fucking this.
I mean, the hell is going on with that film? Batman and Superman duke it out, but Luthor makes Doomsday, Wonder Woman shows up, shit goes all Mad Max, one shot looked like there was fucking parademons, and somehow Aquaman is shoehorned in?

This? Villains forced to team up to stop something bad. Also, something something Joker. Much more simple, and much less ridiculous.

Last edited:
but Luthor makes Doomsday
He clearly does that after Batman and Superman stop fighting.

shit goes all Mad Max, one shot looked like there was fucking parademons,
That's all a dream sequence by Batman given his fear that Superman will turn evil.

Seriously I don't get why people are so down on BvS. It seems awesome. Plus there unlike this movie I know who the main bad guy is and what his plan is. Rather than pointless speculation that will all turn out to be wrong. Like this movie looks awesome, but so far no one knows why the Joker is there or what the major conflict is going to be. That's sort of important.

He clearly does that after Batman and Superman stop fighting.

That's all a dream sequence by Batman given his fear that Superman will turn evil.
If you got that from a pre-screening or something, thats great, but please don't spoil the movie.
(maybe its not a spoiler, and maybe I just never read whatever you read to get that information, but just because I'm ragging on it doesn't mean I don't plan on watching it)

If you got that from a pre-screening or something, thats great, but please don't spoil the movie.
(maybe its not a spoiler, and maybe I just never read whatever you read to get that information, but just because I'm ragging on it doesn't mean I don't plan on watching it)
It was in an interview with Snyder.

Argh.

Everything I can find about Suicide Squad is about Joker and Harley.

And everything I can find on Suicide Squad on Tumblr has been jokes based on a fake article from 4chan. >_>

It's like goddamn people do you really want this film to fail? It's got a big number of minorities and women! You should be rooting for this film!

Also I'm much more interested in Deadshot, Katana, Killer Croc, and El Diablo than Joker and Harley. :V

Is it wrong that I kind of want this movie to have an all-Queen soundtrack ala Iron Man 2 with AC/DC?

Because this is begging to played during a climactic moment or another trailer.

As well as this for another climax (this time involving Harley.)

Back