Covered In Blood And Surrounded By Spirits (Hellsing CK2 Organization Quest)

also marrying her could help strengthen connections with the local Kami which would be very useful

Our marriage options suck. Can we choose not to marry and roll the dice again in a few years for better prospects?

We don't have to choose the first guy (or gal) we see.

Question: Why were the marriage options skewed in number toward foreigners?

I would have figured that when it came to marrying -- especially if politics was one of the goals of it -- we would have focused more on local prospects?

In fact I actually was expecting them to all be from Japan and don't understand why we get foreign suitors at all.

Did we end up rolling very badly on this or something?

Our marriage options suck. Can we choose not to marry and roll the dice again in a few years for better prospects?

We don't have to choose the first guy (or gal) we see.
They actually have pretty okay stats by CK2 standards aside from those below 5.

Unless you're judging by the inflated powerup standards from the quests around, especially after a few growth arcs. Not everyone wins the powerup lottery AND, generally speaking, we can help them work off their flaws or exchange traits.

Also two of them offer exotic genetics, bomber boy has his own attendant loas, and I'm reasonably sure exploring the relationship between shrine maiden and god should give some kind of supernatural link as well.

They actually have pretty okay stats by CK2 standards aside from those below 5.

Unless you're judging by the inflated powerup standards from the quests around, especially after a few growth arcs. Not everyone wins the powerup lottery AND, generally speaking, we can help them work off their flaws or exchange traits.

Also two of them offer exotic genetics, bomber boy has his own attendant loas, and I'm reasonably sure exploring the relationship between shrine maiden and god should give some kind of supernatural link as well.

I am judging by our own stats. Given that our kids will probably get some mixture of the parents stats i am hesistant to choose any husband with a base stat of one or two in the three most critical stats for our organization, namely Martial, Piety and Stewardship. It will make our childrens job a LOT harder. I'd honestly rather take a completely average husband with non-shitty traits than one with critical stat flaws.

And their traits are just shitty. The bratty one is a damn brat whose personality is not going to fly in polite japanese supernatural society, the god is going to make exploring the impure side of youkai destruction very difficult and bringing a foreign God into the Kamis already overcrowded stomping ground is just asking for trouble.

Plus, Loa tend to be fairly dark spirits. Who knows how staying in Japan where the impurity mechanic is in full effect would effect that thing.

Last edited:
I was hoping to finally play the mythical heterosexual female quest protagonist, but nancy-boy has a ~40% chance of being eaten per year, and Piety 1 while marrying a priestess seems... Impisi seems doable, but 2 Diplomacy, 1 Stewardship is probably inadvisable if we're doing CK eugenics. Shizukana stats are alright, and she offers an in with the Kami, but she's skittish around humans, and the marriage is likely to be entirely political.

Can we null vote? Marrying the year you get a dossier on someone is kinda quick, too, and given Kami lifespans, I doubt they'll mind.

Shizukana stats are alright, and she offers an in with the Kami, but she's skittish around humans, and the marriage is likely to be entirely political.

Honestly, having that marriage be purely political and loveless is probably better for everyone involved if we choose her.

Because if we manage to turn that into a loving marriage somehow its just going to result in pain for her because love between a mortal and an immortal never ends well for anyone involved.

Honestly, having that marriage be purely political and loveless is probably better for everyone involved if we choose her.

Because if we manage to turn that into a loving marriage somehow its just going to result in pain for her because love between a mortal and an immortal never ends well for anyone involved.
I agree
I also think we should consider what connections each brings to the marriage as every bit as important as their stats

[X] None

Honestly, none of these alliances seem worth it to me. The stats are disappointing as well. I'd rather wait and see if a better candidate can be found.

And their traits are just shitty. The bratty one is a damn brat whose personality is not going to fly in polite japanese supernatural society, the god is going to make exploring the impure side of youkai destruction very difficult and bringing a foreign God into the Kamis already overcrowded stomping ground is just asking for trouble.
Actually, no more difficult than a shrine maiden doing the same.

If we get tainted it's more or less just as a god getting tainted.

Also marrying for diplomacy right XD get another bonus to our relationships with the Kami so ya know... they don't bring disaster on us. I'm Optimistic~
All 3 of the marriages have a political angle.

Kami girl: We obivously get a strong link to japanese kami, not only do many of them consider her their "baby", but she herself will be around forever with a strong interest in our descendants.

Monkey boy: The point of monkey boy is that he gives us an alliance with "The Tribe" as well as an alliance with their Loa (voodoo kami). The tribe is a major magical organization that uses voodoo magic and he personally has a family kami loa following him arround (the monkey) which comes with the deal (and will guide our descendants). it is a foreign relations marriage alliance between japan and africa, which could benefit us greatly in terms of magical diversity by combining japanese and voodoo magic... of course, it could also ruin us if he gets cursed by the kami and it starts a loa-kami fight

Rich boy: A political marriage with strong connections to the humans in government and industry of japan. he comes with lots of contacts, nepotism, and wealth.

Last edited:
Having a minor Kami wifehusband might actually HELP with impurity research. An...oversight board, so to speak, in case anyone tries to go too far.

One point I don't see brought up enough is that Impisi has botha monkey and a rocket launcher.

I mean, that's like +5 diplomacy in coolnes points right there.

Ignoring stats there is another potential issue.
@The LD Man
How do the local Kami and spirits generally take to foreign gods showing up? Or a priestess (such as ourself) interacting/making deals with foreign 'Kami'.

Ignoring stats there is another potential issue.
@The LD Man
How do the local Kami and spirits generally take to foreign gods showing up? Or a priestess (such as ourself) interacting/making deals with foreign 'Kami'.
There's actually, in Japanese terms, little difference between gods and youkai. The only difference is the energies that make them up, and the specifics of their group. By the same logic, Loa are simply another type of spirit to them. They'd be a mite distrustful, since they're still gaijin, but so long as they don't interfere with kami worship or the sanctity of their grounds, it's fine.
Edit: Actually, I'll use this as an opportunity to talk about the general kami disposition. Kami don't give a shit. Sure there are polite kami, but the vast majority would watch a human get decapitated with all the importance of a rat walking into a mouse trap. Humans, youkai, Loa, if it doesn't threaten them or disrespect them directly, they won't move against it. So no matter what you do, kami won't much care unless it affects a kami. This entire proposal is actually quite rare, and is only being considered because Shizukana needs experience in life.

Last edited:
Alright, 51 votes, might as well call it.
M- Recruiting and RTB-All in
D-Patriots
S-Networking
I-Informants-Hellsing and Coven
P-Fuck Vampires
L-I Believe I Can Fly
You can now vote on DD and the like. Enjoy.

-Headdesks-
We lost the Tribe for the Hellsing and Coven?
Did people not notice that the 90% thing was specifically mentioned to be this year only? After this point it will get a lot harder.
-Sigh-

[X] DD on Patriots
[X] Shizukana Nagare

Last edited:
Back