Council of Evil: Rise of Team Amalgam

Damn, got issues of my own now. Dropping dreamworld shenanigans on me? That's almost an ideal way to try to get back the rest of my team, depending on the mechanics of that. Having to go deep into the dream world and literally drag their souls back from the afterlife to give them a ghostly form in the realm of the living. Possibly with a boss fight involved. Here I was figuring I'd have to go track their souls down around Kalos where she first met them or something. Half thought I'd have to track the Tangela down on the sunken ship to get the Dhelmise.

Granted could probably still do that, in fact for all I know that might be a prerequisite to track them down in the dreams, but either way that'll be a lot of fun. But now I have that on top of getting cub on top of training either levels or skills. Man this could be a rough choice coming up next.

And now I have goddamn dopplegangers to boot. Friggin Ditto probably, didn't consider that level of bullshit.

Dreamworld seems sensible if only to get a feel for it initially I suppose, plus the temptation laid for her makes sense in character. The Dopplegangers are clearly a trap to be dealt with later. Possibly after I get scrying to try and figure out what the hell is going on with them.

May need to nab my generals sooner rather than later. If nothing else I'm in desperate need of further actions per turn or faster skill ups to get down some development paths faster, Witchcraft and Resurrection in particular (Can wait for now on the Shadow Pokemon or Fossil's frankly given we probably need to hit more towns to take advantage of that). Plus we've now confirmed Ghosts eat soul energy so that'll be fun.

Damn, got issues of my own now. Dropping dreamworld shenanigans on me? That's almost an ideal way to try to get back the rest of my team, depending on the mechanics of that. Having to go deep into the dream world and literally drag their souls back from the afterlife to give them a ghostly form in the realm of the living. Possibly with a boss fight involved. Here I was figuring I'd have to go track their souls down around Kalos where she first met them or something. Half thought I'd have to track the Tangela down on the sunken ship to get the Dhelmise.
Actually the Dreamworld in my world mostly concerns memories and emotions, at best you would be able to gather what memories of their's that remains in the dreamworld after their death. But those would only be scattered fragments of important moments of their lives that were strong enough to leave an impression for a time after their soul has passed on.

Granted could probably still do that, in fact for all I know that might be a prerequisite to track them down in the dreams, but either way that'll be a lot of fun. But now I have that on top of getting cub on top of training either levels or skills. Man this could be a rough choice coming up next.
However I will say that it is possible to track down their immortal souls and I will be kind and tell you that having something that has a strong metaphysical impression of them will make the task easier.

And now I have goddamn dopplegangers to boot. Friggin Ditto probably, didn't consider that level of bullshit.

Dreamworld seems sensible if only to get a feel for it initially I suppose, plus the temptation laid for her makes sense in character. The Dopplegangers are clearly a trap to be dealt with later. Possibly after I get scrying to try and figure out what the hell is going on with them.
I am actually rather proud of the dopplegangers actually and you haven't even scratched the surface of the level of bullshit I have planned.

May need to nab my generals sooner rather than later. If nothing else I'm in desperate need of further actions per turn or faster skill ups to get down some development paths faster, Witchcraft and Resurrection in particular (Can wait for now on the Shadow Pokemon or Fossil's frankly given we probably need to hit more towns to take advantage of that). Plus we've now confirmed Ghosts eat soul energy so that'll be fun.
That's what makes Elite Minions so valuable, they can provide additional actions.

Also on Ghosts, I decided that they work like this. While ghosts can subsist on normal food it is incredibly bland and unfulfilling when compared with soul energy, as such ghosts usually gather around sites of death (Like graveyards, battlefields and hospitals) to feel on the ambient energy (which tends to leak out from the body or if enough people died within an area over a short period of time then that area itself leaks soul energy). As such part of a Gravekeeper's job is managing such areas to ensure that the local ghost population doesn't become dangerous to visitors, especially if the soul energy in the area starts to run low and the ghosts get hungry enough to consider trying to get it directly from the source.

Also if the energy isn't eaten by a ghost pokemon, after enough time it tends to clump up into a new ghost pokemon is born.

I mentioned this briefly in my IC post, but to clear it up more I'm going to explain more in depth here. Essentially, Jack Trainer tries to differentiate the personalities of his two personas. As Jack, he acts super affable. He likes to act rather... silly for lack of a better term. Not stupid, but silly. He jokes around, he acts kinda clumsy, and he spoils Donovan with affection. This isn't completely a lie, but instead an exaggeration of certain parts of his personality.

Charles Augustus Milverton on the other hand is a man that cares little for anything but money and information. He is pragmatic, straight to the point, and expects perfection from his minions.

The true Jack Trainer is somewhere in the middle. He is a people person, and genuinely enjoys conversing with other. This is partially because he likes to know everything he can about people, but not entirely. Jack Trainer does like having money, and very much enjoys the high life, though not so much that he won't give it up if necessary. He also really does care about Donovan.

Essentially, he likes information because he likes knowing things, and he likes money because it buys him stuff. I imagine he'd really enjoy politics, and very well may get involved in them at some point.

Right, taking the last few busy days of work on ruminating on this, decided to just go ahead and break in rather than do the attempted business infiltration for two reasons. Firstly, I don't want to take too many actions to get Cub if the business side doesn't pan out because my docket just got real busy suffice to say, secondly based on the info the business attempt will probably not go well given the couple is not competent at it and frankly might draw too much attention to her directly, and third there's an obvious window of opertunity to get in, grab Cub real fast, and get out if several things go right at once.

Which subsequently gets me to my next point, I want to do a combo here with both Damion and Jason. Raven doesn't know it, but your Mareep research action could be used to help her infiltrate the farm. Basically I want to force a blackout at a specific time, namely when the Litwick are eating Soul Energy, when Cub takes the opportunity to steal food and the old couple are asleep at night. If I can force a blackout then, it's easy to just go in and grab him, especially as Charm has type advantage, technically*, if things go wrong and I can use the others to watch with Swan keeping an eye on the skies with her Empathic link with her flyer to keep an eye on the Litwick's movements, and the other two to drive nearby nests into the Graveyard to distract the Litwick if things go south to take some of the heat off.

To force the Blackout at the opportune moment, I want to ask Jason and Damion during their Mareep Research to use the power line to the Graveyard to siphon off energy, allowing them to both gather larger amounts of energy during their experiments, allowing you to research how that affects the Mareep, and also figure out how to force a black out at the same time. To avoid suspicion obviously we'll want to make it look like it's wild pokemon doing it if anyone investigates, like a pack of Joltik eating a power line for energy or something.

We may want to find some just so we can let investigators have an obvious solution. They're not technically in Kalos game wise, but I'm presuming anything can exist anywhere in theory given this is an ecosystem, plus it's possible a few trainers released some and they're breeding in the wild as an invasive species. I suppose we could also make it look like a pack of mischievous Plusle and Minon did it given their nature and the fact that they're definitely in the area, but might get tricky to fake without some on hand. So the Joltik solution at least lets us fake it a bit easier since Jason has a bug type anyway, but that's the general idea I have, allowing us to serve several purposes in one fell swoop.

In the mean time I'll train to at least increase our overall combat power since that's the in thing at the moment and also to test out Empathic Link in battle, sorta a test run of it before we do the actual Rescue Mission. Figure that will help things go a bit smoother just in case.

*Not sure if Charm is still a Ground type given what was written on his note in the main summary post noting him as a Ghost type, which is fair given this is a weird case and I was going for an Aloha Marowak anyway which is Ghost/Fire, so he might not have STAB, but either way Bone Club vs. Fire = Bad Time. Might need to get that clarified to be sure, for all I know we went with Ghost/Fire Cubone given he's an undead Charmander technically.

Also just for clarification's sake, is Lavendar Graveyard for Pokemon specifically like the tower, people, or both?

Last edited:
The Lavender Graveyard is a general purpose graveyard that services both Humans and Pokemon. Although it is a small place and not that popular due to being rather isolated, as such they rarely get business.

Right, taking the last few busy days of work on ruminating on this, decided to just go ahead and break in rather than do the attempted business infiltration for two reasons. Firstly, I don't want to take too many actions to get Cub if the business side doesn't pan out because my docket just got real busy suffice to say, secondly based on the info the business attempt will probably not go well given the couple is not competent at it and frankly might draw too much attention to her directly, and third there's an obvious window of opertunity to get in, grab Cub real fast, and get out if several things go right at once.

Which subsequently gets me to my next point, I want to do a combo here with both Damion and Jason. Raven doesn't know it, but your Mareep research action could be used to help her infiltrate the farm. Basically I want to force a blackout at a specific time, namely when the Litwick are eating Soul Energy, when Cub takes the opportunity to steal food and the old couple are asleep at night. If I can force a blackout then, it's easy to just go in and grab him, especially as Charm has type advantage, technically*, if things go wrong and I can use the others to watch with Swan keeping an eye on the skies with her Empathic link with her flyer to keep an eye on the Litwick's movements, and the other two to drive nearby nests into the Graveyard to distract the Litwick if things go south to take some of the heat off.

To force the Blackout at the opportune moment, I want to ask Jason and Damion during their Mareep Research to use the power line to the Graveyard to siphon off energy, allowing them to both gather larger amounts of energy during their experiments, allowing you to research how that affects the Mareep, and also figure out how to force a black out at the same time. To avoid suspicion obviously we'll want to make it look like it's wild pokemon doing it if anyone investigates, like a pack of Joltik eating a power line for energy or something.

We may want to find some just so we can let investigators have an obvious solution. They're not technically in Kalos game wise, but I'm presuming anything can exist anywhere in theory given this is an ecosystem, plus it's possible a few trainers released some and they're breeding in the wild as an invasive species. I suppose we could also make it look like a pack of mischievous Plusle and Minon did it given their nature and the fact that they're definitely in the area, but might get tricky to fake without some on hand. So the Joltik solution at least lets us fake it a bit easier since Jason has a bug type anyway, but that's the general idea I have, allowing us to serve several purposes in one fell swoop.

In the mean time I'll train to at least increase our overall combat power since that's the in thing at the moment and also to test out Empathic Link in battle, sorta a test run of it before we do the actual Rescue Mission. Figure that will help things go a bit smoother just in case.

*Not sure if Charm is still a Ground type given what was written on his note in the main summary post noting him as a Ghost type, which is fair given this is a weird case and I was going for an Aloha Marowak anyway which is Ghost/Fire, so he might not have STAB, but either way Bone Club vs. Fire = Bad Time. Might need to get that clarified to be sure, for all I know we went with Ghost/Fire Cubone given he's an undead Charmander technically.

Also just for clarification's sake, is Lavendar Graveyard for Pokemon specifically like the tower, people, or both?
I can force something to test the conductivity and retention of a Mareep's Wool, yes, might even get a Ditto if @Troglodyte gives someone in my cell a spare pokemon from the ranch to trade at the hotel. I want one anyway and then we'll have a reusable decoy that can just disappear.

I can force something to test the conductivity and retention of a Mareep's Wool, yes, might even get a Ditto if @Troglodyte gives someone in my cell a spare pokemon from the ranch to trade at the hotel. I want one anyway and then we'll have a reusable decoy that can just disappear.
That'd work. I figured if we're going to combine our talents together, I might as well do it in a way that further's all of our plans at once in a way. As your task is technically a part of our operation and indeed tied to your Mareep Research, I presume it only takes the one task to do.

And hopefully the second task I added for you in the post can be tied to mine. I presume getting some fake Scrappy Scrapper costumes would be easy enough to pass muster for that. Or Liliana has some Flare ones on hand. Might have to burn some budget on that though.

I may also have to burn budget for the radio I want to attach to our Pokemon so we can give orders from afar. Wasn't sure on that one. Given empathic Link evolves into possession, I had to assume we can't just order our Pokemon through it, it's a share sense thing mainly so we can see what's going on without being there directly. This likely would screw us against electric types, but luckily Lightning Rod, plus our main foe here will be Litwick. Potentially Treveant if things REALLY go south given my fall back plan. Either way I think, though complex, this operation passes muster.

Hopefully that one budget point may also cover the cost of procuring the costumes as well as the berries if we can't find enough as needed. I basically intend it to all be done in one shopping trip really as it's all focused on the same singular task by and large.

I do really need both a Ditto and an Eevee if I want to go full hog on the genetic manipulation front, I just don't have any expendable pokemon to trade...
That'd work. I figured if we're going to combine our talents together, I might as well do it in a way that further's all of our plans at once in a way. As your task is technically a part of our operation and indeed tied to your Mareep Research, I presume it only takes the one task to do.

And hopefully the second task I added for you in the post can be tied to mine. I presume getting some fake Scrappy Scrapper costumes would be easy enough to pass muster for that. Or Liliana has some Flare ones on hand. Might have to burn some budget on that though.

I may also have to burn budget for the radio I want to attach to our Pokemon so we can give orders from afar. Wasn't sure on that one. Given empathic Link evolves into possession, I had to assume we can't just order our Pokemon through it, it's a share sense thing mainly so we can see what's going on without being there directly. This likely would screw us against electric types, but luckily Lightning Rod, plus our main foe here will be Litwick. Potentially Treveant if things REALLY go south given my fall back plan. Either way I think, though complex, this operation passes muster.

Hopefully that one budget point may also cover the cost of procuring the costumes as well as the berries if we can't find enough as needed. I basically intend it to all be done in one shopping trip really as it's all focused on the same singular task by and large.
Lily might have a couple Flare uniforms... she may have even stole some Scapper uniforms while we were negotiating... @Sinsystems, can I do that retroactively?

Also should note, as an OG3 pokeplayer, I had a completely wrong understanding of what a Hidden Ability did. For some absurd reason I read a summary that in an alternate realm you get hidden abilities, and conflated that to the reverse battle things where the rules suddenly change on you depending where you battle.

So I thought Hidden abilities were something you could trigger being in a special place. Instead it's an ability that replaces your main one if and only if you had it triggered from the start, and it's only commonly found in that one area apparently. As such I'll be removing that listing silliness. :p

I mean given ghost types are more esoterica and there are items that exist that let you swap your ability I presume there are alternate means we could research to trigger whatever ability our Pokemon can legally have, but for now I'll stick to the proper rules now that I understand how they work.

I do really need both a Ditto and an Eevee if I want to go full hog on the genetic manipulation front, I just don't have any expendable pokemon to trade...

Lily might have a couple Flare uniforms... she may have even stole some Scapper uniforms while we were negotiating... @Sinsystems, can I do that retroactively?
Nope, she didn't grab any of those when she left. Now you could purchase some with BP, since I'll say there are a few floating around here and there.

I'd be interested, but I haven't kept up with the OOC or IC. What's going on?
Basically set up stuff so far. Mostly the players trying to learn some skills, trying to get specific pokemon and the like. The main news is that due to last turn the Scrappy Scrappers now are an obstacle for Mahogany and that there is a doppelganger of Raven running around.

So we get two actions per turn and those actions seem really freeform, is that right? Any other rules to be aware of?

So we get two actions per turn and those actions seem really freeform, is that right? Any other rules to be aware of?
Well there is the BP system which is explained on the front page, also here is your pick of Boon and Obstacle. Choose one from each.

Boon:
  • Salary Man: Having worked as a white collar worker for much of your life you are deeply familiar with how the corporate world operates. (+5 to rolls involving the Corporate Sector)
  • Company Assets: When you split from the company you managed to make off with some of their assets. (Start with a 2 BP Asset)
  • Business Contacts: Your old boss, before he was thrown in jail, gave the means to contact some of his less than legal business partners who'd be willing to cut a deal with you. (Start with Shady Corporate Contacts)
Obstacles:
  • Paper trail: Turns out your previous boss was more of an idiot than you thought, turns out he kept records of your involvement in some of his dealing hidden somewhere. If the police find that you are in trouble. (Gain Obstacle: Boss's Paper Trail)
  • Shattered Diamond: The incident that caused you to replace the previous leader of the Tantalium Cell left a bit of a mess for you to deal with. Mainly the chaos that was his files, subordinates who don't like the new guy and one pissy Mareep. (Gain Obstacle: Shattered Diamond)
  • Day Job: You are not an idiot, you know that if you suddenly stop showing up to work after your boss's arrest people, IE the police, are going to start asking questions. So either you need to figure out a way to solve this issue or get used to even longer work hours. (Gain Obstacle: Day Job)

Well there is the BP system which is explained on the front page, also here is your pick of Boon and Obstacle. Choose one from each.

Boon:
  • Salary Man: Having worked as a white collar worker for much of your life you are deeply familiar with how the corporate world operates. (+5 to rolls involving the Corporate Sector)
  • Company Assets: When you split from the company you managed to make off with some of their assets. (Start with a 2 BP Asset)
  • Business Contacts: Your old boss, before he was thrown in jail, gave the means to contact some of his less than legal business partners who'd be willing to cut a deal with you. (Start with Shady Corporate Contacts)
Obstacles:
  • Paper trail: Turns out your previous boss was more of an idiot than you thought, turns out he kept records of your involvement in some of his dealing hidden somewhere. If the police find that you are in trouble. (Gain Obstacle: Boss's Paper Trail)
  • Shattered Diamond: The incident that caused you to replace the previous leader of the Tantalium Cell left a bit of a mess for you to deal with. Mainly the chaos that was his files, subordinates who don't like the new guy and one pissy Mareep. (Gain Obstacle: Shattered Diamond)
  • Day Job: You are not an idiot, you know that if you suddenly stop showing up to work after your boss's arrest people, IE the police, are going to start asking questions. So either you need to figure out a way to solve this issue or get used to even longer work hours. (Gain Obstacle: Day Job)

Hmmm...a lot of thinking to do, coming up blank with ideas to do this turn.

As for boon and obstacle. Hmm...Salary Man and Day Job.

Also if you want to change your Cell's uniform please inform me what it is being changed to.

Can I change them down the line? The standard uniforms seem fine for now and I think I have more important things to do.

If you're doing my intro post - and I'd greatly appreciate if you did it, then I can work from there - I'd like to incorporate the disarray and disorganized paperwork of the 'Shattered Diamond' obstacle, but without the 'subordinates hate me' part. I think considering the cell hasn't had a leader for two turns straight, it'd likely be in such a state. Whether you portray the disarray mechanics wise and give me a minus to rolls is up to you. I'd prefer you didn't, but I understand why you would. :oops:

Can I change them down the line? The standard uniforms seem fine for now and I think I have more important things to do.

If you're doing my intro post - and I'd greatly appreciate if you did it, then I can work from there - I'd like to incorporate the disarray and disorganized paperwork of the 'Shattered Diamond' obstacle, but without the 'subordinates hate me' part. I think considering the cell hasn't had a leader for two turns straight, it'd likely be in such a state. Whether you portray the disarray mechanics wise and give me a minus to rolls is up to you. I'd prefer you didn't, but I understand why you would. :oops:
Well technically he did do something last turn, primarily it was the disaster with the Scrappy Scrappers and the investment in the farm to get the team more BP points in a couple turns. As for the Disorganization...how about we say it isn't as bad as the Obstacle, but you will still need to spend a turn organizing everything.

Last edited:
Well technically he did do something last turn, primarily it was the disaster with the Scrappy Scrappers and the investment in the farm to get the team more BP points in a couple turns. As for the Disorganization...how about we say it isn't as bad as the Obstacle, but you will still need to spend a turn organizing everything.

Fair enough. It also gives me something work with.

Back