Chronicles of Divinity (A Council God Quest)

Will "Bless stones of animal warding and influence followers to put them around the village"

Be doable then?

@HellHound01 any idea what to do as goddess of death besides killing people? Or should I go and encourage it?
For Fovos, I'm going for someone who was involved with more primal "kill or be killed" sort of fear but grew into the fear that guides. OOC I'm interested in the afterlife, and Fovos IC would probably want to bring order to it as well because of the old god prison located beneath it and to guide the souls of the fallen from what he sees as similar to his own initial uncivilized state. (Fear plays into so many themes.)

I'd love to work with the death gods to bring it into order.

Last edited:
Hey if we decide to focus on the afterlife first, Spark will happily hunt down anything trying to interfere with it's recovery

@HellHound01 would we have to spend DP to mess about in the afterlife?

There seems to be some overlap in the themes we hold take me, Silicrilia, as an example.
I think that we might do well into turning that overlap into synergies.

I am a warden of the earth who holds 'secrets' both foul and sacred as undiscovered riches and buried things that should remain forgotten.
Fovos is a god who is built around the fear of the forgotten and to strive towards the future.
Thana is the queen of the underworld and punishing the wicked
while Lilith is the lady of death and the processes of dying

My nature seems to be opposed to that of Sapienza as I hold secret and discovers.

A sort of underworld where all those who die, though if people have a problem I may change that.
I would like to ask you to send (magically) dangerous dead over to me. Trapping evil spirits below the earth would be a nice method to complement the 'don't dig too deep' theme I try to create.
__
That is however all long term talk; speaking in the short term,
I think that it might be useful to our tribe if I were to bury a vein of copper in those mountains.
Edit: It seems that 'influencing the mortal' realm is more limited than I thought. I will probably have to find a vein of copper and spread wipers about it's location.

Last edited:
I couldn't decide if I wanted to play with an expy god from the game i played 2 years ago, or the one I played 4 years ago :D and it looks I missed my spot. But I guess Tribe submissions are still open?

The Felleris - Tribe of the Catfish:

Felleris are people of the river - fishermen, sailors (if one commanding a raft can be called a sailor) and shipwrights (again, if one can call raft a ship).
The legend says that one day a violent thunderstorm has made river leave its banks and flood the tribe camp. Tents have been washed out, fires have been doused and livestock have scattered. But with the destruction, river also brought a bounty of its own. Several catfish living in the river have gone with the flood and got trapped in one of the surviving tents. Tribe has considered this an sign from god and have taken the name of catfish as their own, and made the river their home. And to this day catching a catfish is considered a blessing from the gods.

Felleris are people shaped by their occupation. Swimming on their rafts or primitive boats is not an easy feat and requires strength, discipline and trust in your colleagues. They are thus tough men and have strong bonds between tribe members. These are also a qualities that make excellent warriors, but Felleris are known to evade conflict instead, like a fish swimming away. Most of the tribe focus on fishing or making and maintaining their boats, but few brave men like to sail as far as possible, exploring the river, meeting new tribes and sometimes trade with them.

Beliefs:

It is not a surprise that Lilith has taken a central spot in Felleris belief system. She is a goddess of water and river after all. Most religious festivities are centered around her. She has also taken place of the Twin Goddess as the main deity of death in the Tribe. Like fresh water gives life, frozen water is death.
Their second most important god is Spark. But the prayers sent to her are mostly of the "leave us alone please" kind. Everyone in the Tribe is afraid of Thunder in the Night as thunderstorms make swimming and fishing impossible. That's why after returning to the port, sailors often feed on or two of the cought fish to cats found in the port. And that's why the cats are in the port in the first place.
Thana and Hella, Fovos, Sapienza are minor gods for Felleris. Some of their aspects are already taken by Lilith or Spark and they are not as important to Felleris daily lives. But they are still revered.
Scrios worship is almost noexistant. Felleris are pacifists who avoid conflict and thus there's no place for god of battle in their prayers. But some still make one or two offering for them, just in case.
Similarily one could think that Rhaundeth is also almost forgotten. That would be true if not for the ritual of Swanteth - ceremonial transfer of wood from Rhaundeth to Lilith, when a new boat is made. Offerings are made to Rhaundeth in return for the wood the tribe is moving from Rhaundeth's domain to Lilith's one.
Silicrilia is an interesting case since she is a minor god, but significantly raises in prominence for few Felleris that deal with trade. Her mining aspect is all but forgotten, but she is considered "god of shiny things" and whoever wishes to trade (or woo a partner with gifts in that matter) will surely give her a prayer or two.

[Disclaimer]
I took some liberties with god aspects because mortals are known to just mix everything up and come with their own opinions and conslusions.

Last edited:
Fovos is a god who is built around the fear of the forgotten and to strive towards the future.
I really like this interpretation.

Fovos is meant to have a whole primal fear god past where he learnt about inflicting fear and experiencing it from the battle with the old gods. Very fight or flight, survival of the fittest sort of thing. I mentally term this aspect of him as Phobia. Humanity inspired him to temper fear and become that voice in the back of your head who goes "Maybe your shouldn't put your hands in the fire". I'd say now he's half way transformed into a god of civilization and I hope he eventually becomes fundamental to that. A god of science or progress perhaps. Something thematic.
.... Fovos .... minor god ....
Fite me irl. :V

Last edited:
For Fovos, I'm going for someone who was involved with more primal "kill or be killed" sort of fear but grew into the fear that guides. OOC I'm interested in the afterlife, and Fovos IC would probably want to bring order to it as well because of the old god prison located beneath it and to guide the souls of the fallen from what he sees as similar to his own initial uncivilized state. (Fear plays into so many themes.)

I'd love to work with the death gods to bring it into order.

I generally believe that this will mostly depend from tribe to tribe here given the QM comment to endless void about making his civ as warlike as possible and differences between the two tribes we have here. For example in Blackhound tribe Thana and Hella are major deities and Thana being death/underworld major, basically for them Thana is protector of souls, queen of underworld and Hella takes long life part, plus their connection to animals and monsters. Fovos due to being central piece in this tribe can probably try to get part to play as well due to him being central piece of tribes mythology due to his reputation of cautious and wise ruler, guide and fear. He could play the part of easing ones fear to death and guide their souls to underworld to Thana, though that would probably require him to squeeze between Lilith and Thana.

Lilith on other hand is secondary deity but with aspect of death , so as of right now even if she doesnt do much she can be Apollo like figure (who while god of sun was god of plauges) she can probably be deity of death via starvation , flooding and so on gaining worship similar to Thana when it comes to monsters (basically dont kill me when im on river and trying to apease her during starvation) , of course if she connects with underworld she will probably have more official position in mythology like ending the life and possibly collecting the souls and guiding them to after life.

On other hand we have Catfish tribe, here Lilith is death major and can probably stretch her muscles by being protector of souls, guide them to underworld and even elevating her followers to her version of afterlife due to them viewing it so, basically she has home advantage. Of course Thana and her will probably need to hash something out her, maybe her and Hella as well. Here Fovos probably cannot hash something out due to being secondary god and not having aspect connected with death directly. But Cat can due to being other major, she could probably place herself as guardian of the afterlife to stop sinners souls from going through that requires dealing with Lilith and Thana.

So it all depends on how we are viewed which can wary from tribe to tribe and our roles wills shift accordingly.

Last edited:
Will "Bless stones of animal warding and influence followers to put them around the village"

Be doable then?

The way it would work, is that you would spend 5 DP to tell your priest that you want them to bless stones and place them around to ward off wild animals.

Then assuming that they 100% understand you, they would begin to do it with various degrees of success. Each turn is 100 years (slowing down to "zoom" in during major events) so over the course of the century they would continue to do that. If all goes well, it could become a central part of the religion, and they would continue to bless stones into future turns.

Hey if we decide to focus on the afterlife first, Spark will happily hunt down anything trying to interfere with it's recovery

@HellHound01 would we have to spend DP to mess about in the afterlife?

The afterlife needs guidance. Eventually, you'll want to make Divine Servants to act as guardians and guides. Probably a Greater Divine Servant to act as warden.

Until then, a God or Gods could oversee it full time to properly manage the Realm.

that's probably a smart decision seeing we only have one tribe in game right now

You have one cultural group, the Kish. But the Kish is made up of multiple tribes beyond the PC tribes.

I couldn't decide if I wanted to play with an expy god from the game i played 2 years ago, or the one I played 4 years ago :D and it looks I missed my spot. But I guess Tribe submissions are still open?

Felleris are people of the river - fishermen, sailors (if one commanding a raft can be called a sailor) and shipwrights (again, if one can call raft a ship).
The legend says that one day a violent thunderstorm has made river leave its banks and flood the tribe camp. Tents have been washed out, fires have been doused and livestock have scattered. But with the destruction, river also brought a bounty of its own. Several catfish living in the river have gone with the flood and got trapped in one of the surviving tents. Tribe has considered this an sign from god and have taken the name of catfish as their own, and made the river their home. And to this day catching a catfish is considered a blessing from the gods.

Felleris are people shaped by their occupation. Swimming on their rafts or primitive boats is not an easy feat and requires strength, discipline and trust in your colleagues. They are thus tough men and have strong bonds between tribe members. These are also a qualities that make excellent warriors, but Felleris are known to evade conflict instead, like a fish swimming away. Most of the tribe focus on fishing or making and maintaining their boats, but few brave men like to sail as far as possible, exploring the river, meeting new tribes and sometimes trade with them.

Beliefs:

It is not a surprise that Lilith has taken a central spot in Felleris belief system. She is a goddess of water and river after all. Most religious festivities are centered around her. She has also taken place of the Twin Goddess as the main deity of death in the Tribe. Like fresh water gives life, frozen water is death.
Their second most important god is Spark. But the prayers sent to her are mostly of the "leave us alone please" kind. Everyone in the Tribe is afraid of Thunder in the Night as thunderstorms make swimming and fishing impossible. That's why after returning to the port, sailors often feed on or two of the cought fish to cats found in the port. And that's why the cats are in the port in the first place.
Thana and Hella, Fovos, Sapienza are minor gods for Felleris. Some of their aspects are already taken by Lilith or Spark and they are not as important to Felleris daily lives. But they are still revered.
Scrios worship is almost noexistant. Felleris are pacifists who avoid conflict and thus there's no place for god of battle in their prayers. But some still make one or two offering for them, just in case.
Similarily one could think that Rhaundeth is also almost forgotten. That would be true if not for the ritual of Swanteth - ceremonial transfer of wood from Rhaundeth to Lilith, when a new boat is made. Offerings are made to Rhaundeth in return for the wood the tribe is moving from Rhaundeth's domain to Lilith's one.
Silicrilia is an interesting case since she is a minor god, but significantly raises in prominence for few Felleris that deal with trade. Her mining aspect is all but forgotten, but she is considered "god of shiny things" and whoever wishes to trade (or woo a partner with gifts in that matter) will surely give her a prayer or two.

[Disclaimer]
I took some liberties with god aspects because mortals are known to just mix everything up and come with their own opinions and conslusions.

The Felleris are approved.

Population: 5,000
Wealth: 1
Industry: 1
Food: 1

Military:

1 Regiment (Warriors)

Last edited:
@HellHound01
Can I control a tribe in addition to a god? Or barring that, submit an npc tribe? I had an idea I wanted to write up.

@HellHound01
Since you are ready to hand out Tribe stats, could I have mine for the Dantibo or should I just assume it to be the same as for the Felleris?

My apologies, I thought I had already posted them.

Population: 3,000
Industry: 2

Military:

1 Regiment (Warriors)

You did slightly worse on pop, but gained an extra Industry point.

Hi, i aded that im the patron of the young, the inventive and the wise, just letting you guys know
Also can we have a techs know by the tribes list, and what kind of goverment/organization do they have?

Hi, i aded that im the patron of the young, the inventive and the wise, just letting you guys know
Also can we have a techs know by the tribes list, and what kind of goverment/organization do they have?

The Kish have basic agriculture, basically collecting wild seeds and tossing them on the ground. All are still nomadic, and they generally "plant" a crop, move on to a new area, then come back later to eat whatever has grown.

They have fire of course, and can easily work stone. They also have early metal working, mostly copper, silver, gold, and tin. Only recently have they begun to make bronze from copper/tin.

They have basic animal domestication. Cats, dogs, sheep, pigs, and cows. The Kish have no horses, but have seen them before from other groups of Humans.

They have no written language, or complex mathematics.

All the Kish are members of tribal governments. The tribes vary in how they are organized. Some have a Council of Elders, some are ruled by Strongmen, others are even fairly Democratic.

More government types will become available once a city is built.

I like being the 'God of shiny things'. I see a change to play on my title as 'the mother of secrets' there.

mortal tribes so far
Thanks, I tried to make a application, so I look forward to hear what you think.

The Dantibo, aka The Black Hound Tribe
The Black Hound Tribe's name comes from the straightforward fact that the tribe values its kinship with dogs. It is said that the tribe was founded by the first people to domesticate wolfs. The tribe's dogs are used in many ways, as hunting partners, to help handling the tribe's herds and for combat.

Most matters are handled by the council of tribal elders but matters of war is handled by the warriors who chooses a war chief amongst themselves.

The Tribe values loyalty and communal bonds rather than personal ambition. This reflect their preference for seeking friendship with other tribes, though if anyone threatens the tribe or anyone the tribe considers to be a friend, then they can be counted on to respond with force rather than honeyed words.

Worship:
The tribe has a rather mixed group of gods, that they worship. Chief amongst them are Fovos, The Fear That Guides, the Twin Goddess, Thana and Hella, and Rhaundeth, the Queen of Forests.

The worship of Fovos is tightly connected to the teaching of the tribe's youth, since the tribe must ensure that they learn of the dangers of the world and how to avoid them. This affects all paths of the tribe's way of life, from the hunters knowing how to properly handle predatory animals, to the gatherers knowing which plants are poisoned and which is not. Even the council of elders tend to call upon Fovos at the start of their meeting in the hope that he will guide them on the proper path.

Of the Twin Goddess, it is Hella, that is preferred, since she is the one to bring joy. Hella is called upon for the health of the tribe's animals, especially its dogs, and for the health of its people, while her sister Thana is called upon for the protection of the souls of the dead and for the protection of the living, that her monsters may walk past them.

The tribe depend in quite a few different ways upon the forests, and therefore many people seek the favor and protection of Rhaundeth, the Queen of Forests, so that may travel in safety and have success in their venture, which may been all from a hunt to the seeking of the right plant.

The lesser gods in the tribe is Lilith, the Goddess of fertility, Scrios, the Bringer of Battle, Spark, the Thunder in the Night, Sapienza, the Knowledge Keeper, and Silicrilia, the Bearer of the metals and jewels.

The worship of Lilith is rather new to the tribe, which it learned from the same people, who told them the basis of agriculture. It is therefore that she is primarily worshiped as a harvest goddess, while she has yet to be truly understood as the Lady of Death, except in the sense of bad harvests.

The tribe feels conflicted about Scrios, they despise his fickleness, yet its warriors all seek his blessing before battle in the hope of victory, even if he instead might decide to instead grant them dead.

The goddess Spark fills a weird place in the tribe, some asks what a goddess of cats is supposed to do for the Black Hound Tribe, some answers that she is a goddess of hunting, yet few hunters call upon her, other says she protects the homes of the tribe, which the elders is unsure of. Lastly, some say she is the goddess of enjoying life's pleasures and it is here Sparks worshippers is truly found.

There is only a few true worshipers of Sapineza in the tribe, yet they are hold in great esteem. This come from the fact, that they are the tribe's storytellers, whom tell of the tribe's accomplishments and of its great heroes.

The few workers of metal and some of the tribe's craftsmen tends to worship Silicrilia, the Bearer of the metal and jewels. They worship her with the same passion as any of the most worshipped gods in the tribe, but they are to few for her to have as much influence in the tribe as the others.
Population: 3,000
Industry: 2

Military:

1 Regiment (Warriors)

Beliefs:

[Disclaimer]
Population: 5,000
Industry: 1

Military:

1 Regiment (Warriors)

Last edited:
Craftsmen will be a small group for a while until society learns a method to expand their industry to a larger scale be it through need or through greed.
I had a bit of trouble before trying to imagine what Silicrilia could do for a people who are mostly nomadic.
But the reason the the catfish tribe has for Silicrilia gives me an idea.

Would anyone be opposed if I tried to inspire political marriages via dowries of precious metals? This method might give us either a larger area for our followers or a larger unity among the Kish.

Last edited:
Back