Breaking Destiny (Fire Emblem: Awakening Quest)

Fairy Tail would've been interesting to write as a quest, now that I think about it. You are right to guess a setting with magic, as this one has a prominent usage of magic. But it is not Fairy Tail. I will say, though, that this fandom has had quite a resurgence recently. Not this specific setting, but the fandom in general has.
Books and magic...Please tell me its not Black Clover.

Books and magic...Please tell me its not Black Clover.
Don't worry, it's not Black Clover.
Although the threat that you are facing is, quite catastrophic frankly.
If no one guesses it before the next chapter, I may leave more clues as to what world/fandom this is next chapter.

Last edited:
As a note, I will post the Character sheet as soon as the next chapter gets posted, as we will have a name for our character, along with other things.

[X][Intelligence] Act as if you were a regular one-year-old baby. You won't really be an 'average' baby, but you'll try your best to not raise suspicion around yourself.
[X][Book] Purple Book. It feels so wrong, yet so right to hold it. It was like you were meant to do so. (Unlocks ?)
[X][Name] Leonard

[X][Intelligence] Act as if you were a regular one-year-old baby. You won't really be an 'average' baby, but you'll try your best to not raise suspicion around yourself.

No need to be a special snowflake since birth.

[X][Book] Yellow Book. It makes your hair rise up and you feel… weird. (Unlocks ?)

If this is a multi magic setting we will get purple either way as it is a birthright, if it's not, well guren lagan book, nuff said.

[X][Name] Leonard

[X][Socialize] The red-haired girl sitting under the tree. She looks bored, so you should talk to her.

5$ it's the Tsundere

Last edited:
...Medieval castle... Four books of specific colors... AM... After Marth? As in, Fire Emblem? And given the presence of undead... Awakening?

...But if that's the case... From character descriptions, we could easily be part of Lucina's generation. That... doesn't bode well, and I almost hope I'm wrong.

[X][Book] Yellow Book. It makes your hair rise up and you feel… weird. (Unlocks ?)
[X][Name] Kail
[X][Socialize] The red-haired girl sitting under the tree. She looks bored, so you should talk to her.

...Medieval castle... Four books of specific colors... AM... After Marth? As in, Fire Emblem? And given the presence of undead... Awakening?

...But if that's the case... From character descriptions, we could easily be part of Lucina's generation. That... doesn't bode well, and I almost hope I'm wrong.
AYYYYYYY. You got it right! Well, since I don't have a reward system yet I'll keep you in mind for later.

As for your guess's about which timeline you reborn in. You were reborn in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Specifically, the 'Failed' Timeline, where all the future children are born. Which, well, considering how it ends, isn't really good for you. Or anyone.
Hopefully, you can try to change that.

Last edited:
You are correct on the Tsundere part, but the question is how Tsundere :V.
Oh yeah, please put X in your votes or the else Tally won't count them. I mean, I could just count it into the total, but it's more for the sake of Tally than anything else.

[X][Book] Green Book. It feels cold, yet it feels like it protects you. (Unlocks ?)
[X][Name] Euclid

Aaaaagh, dang it, I was three hours too late to guessing Fire Emblem first!

I had a feeling it'd be Awakening in the Failed /future timeline, based on the character descriptions and how you mentioned this specific setting hadn't blown up recently.

Looking forward to being that one kid who has enough knowledge to pass as a twice-over time traveler, even to other time travelers.

Aaaaagh, dang it, I was three hours too late to guessing Fire Emblem first!

I had a feeling it'd be Awakening in the Failed /future timeline, based on the character descriptions and how you mentioned this specific setting hadn't blown up recently.

Looking forward to being that one kid who has enough knowledge to pass as a twice-over time traveler, even to other time travelers
For a moment, I thought nobody would be able to guess the world. Guess I was wrong.

Also, time to out-maneuver the time-travelers :V

Well, I've seen a bunch of FE: Three Houses fanart on Twitter recently, as well as some of Awakening, so the series and both settings were fresh on my mind.

I can see how it'd be easy to miss, though. The book colors definitely helped.

[X][Name] Euclid

[][Ph.D.] Medical and Clinical Science (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Psychology and Psychiatry (Unlocks ?, raises ?)
[][Ph.D.] Atomic Physics (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Data Analysis and Geography (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Modern Arts and Dance (Unlocks ?, raises ?)
[][Ph.D.] Ecology and Conservation (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Business and Management (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Modern Language and Linguistics (Unlocks ?, raises ?)
Since I said I would reveal which would unlock what, I guess I'll reveal them now.

Medical and Clinical Science would have unlocked the Cleric/Priest class.
Atomic Physics would have unlocked the Manakete race and Class.
Data Analysis would have unlocked the Tactician class.
Dance would have unlocked the Dancer class.
Ecology and Conservation would have unlocked the Taguel race and Beast class.
Business and Management would have unlocked Thief, with eventual promotion to Trickster.
Modern Language would have unlocked the Mage class.
Psychology, well, I won't spoil it but if you know the setting, then you may know what it unlocked.

Vote Closed:
Rolling 2 1d100s for Intelligence Roll and Book Roll separately.
Results:
Adhoc vote count started by ItzNarcotic on Sep 4, 2019 at 10:44 PM, finished with 20 posts and 11 votes.
ItzNarcotic threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Intelligence Total: 75
75 75
ItzNarcotic threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Book Total: 27
27 27

Last edited:
3: Ignorance & Bliss
[X][Name] Leonard

When you were two years old, you decided to be smart and try to act as normal as possible. You didn't want to put any attention on you or your father.

What if there were spies all over the castle, watching both of you? And, on the off chance that they did happen to see you doing something suspicious, what if they reported it to the king? Or maybe even the church of this kingdom you lived in?

Puritanical beliefs and religion always did crash in at the worst possible time when any signs of intelligence or revolutionary discoveries reared its head, so with that in mind you decided to play it cool.

You would try to be a normal baby. The key word being try.

The main problem was that you really didn't know how to be a baby since that was the one thing you couldn't recall from your previous life, even with the plentiful knowledge of Psychology in your mind.

With that thought in mind, you tried to be as normal as possible.

1d100 = 75 = Good success! DC = 60

And normal you were!

...For the most part, at least.

Whenever your father asked you something, you would act ignorant or pretend to not understand. Whenever he brought you to a new place, you would act amazed and distracted. Whenever he hummed a song to you, you would instantly fall asleep.

Your act was almost perfect!

Well, keyword being almost perfect.

One time, he brought you to the Castle Balcony. When you looked over the kingdom for the first time in this life, you were actually rendered speechless.

The view was, to put it into simple words, amazing.

The market bustled with activity, merchants attempting to make profit sales as towns citizens walked around with haste. Guards stood vigilant and ready to defend the city, keeping watch to make sure that no brigands or threats of any kind would invade the city. Walls stood high, fortifications ensuring that no bombardments of the usual kind would assault the halidom.

You were broken out of your amazement as your father turned you to face him. Immediately, you noticed something wrong. His face was one with an emotion you've never seen before.

Concern. Pure, unadulterated concern, presumably at the silence you had.

He stared at you for a moment, before you started babbling and pointing in the direction you were looking at before.

He moved to face the Town square, turning back with a smile of relief and realization on his face.

"Oh, so that was the caws of your silence. You got your father all worried for nothing, little Leonard."

You tried to listen to something else he whispered to you, but you barely hears him over the sound of metal boots clanging against the floor. The foreign noise stopped right behind you both, with him turning towards whoever it was behind us.

"Henry, there has been a breach in the lower entrance. As a result, many Valmese have gone through and started attacking villages in the Western Front. We need your assistance to clear them out."

As soon as the man started his last sentence, your father's hug tightened around you.

You inclined your head upwards and you could see his face. He looked… distressed? You had never seen him express such an emotion before. Why would he act like this over a simple request?

There was a brief moment of silence, the tension so thin that you felt like you could rip it apart with your child-like arms.

"Alright, Fredmeister. I'll go, but I need to go to my room and grab my Goetiatome."

Your father was somber, as if he was remembering a bad memory. Suddenly, you lurched forward, your father shoving you into the man's–Fredmesiter, as he called him–arms as he sprinted off towards your room to get Goetia, whatever that meant.

Audibly, the sounds of crows echoed in the distance, acting as if they were signalling off the beginnings of a war.

Sensing your distress, Fredmeister said, "Your father will be alright, young Leonard. Henry is the strongest Sorcerer that I know of. Very few are able to defeat him in combat, let alone come out alive when encountering him."

Skill Gained!

Skill Unlocked - Acting
With the skill of acting, you are able to build a false facade around yourself. You are also able to bluff or lie your way out of certain situations, but not all of them.
Skill leveled once due to the conclusion of this event, from Untrained to Novice.
Novice - 5/30

New Unlocks!

Father Trait Unlocked - Puns
Puns (Crows) - You've discovered that your father loves to make puns, specifically ones with crows. Do you wonder what the cawses of this are?
+2 to all social rolls with your father from now on.

Secret Unlocked - Your Father's Job!

Sorcerer - With the power of dark magic, Sorcerers are feared throughout the world. They are mages able to harness their negative feelings (such as hate, envy, pride, etc) and turn them into raw, unadulterated weapons of power and mass destruction. Powerful Sorcerers are able to destroy villages in a matter of moments with the right spells and the correct amount of MAG. Sorcerers can only be promoted to this class through the Dark Mage and Mage classes.
+25 to all attack rolls to those with this class, with a malus of -20 to all social rolls with people who have a conversation with whomever has this class.

Event Unlocked - Sorcerer Issues: Part 1

Event - Find out more about your father and why he becomes sad whenever someone asks for help.

1d100 = 27 + 15(?) = 42 Barely Successful! DC=40

After a small amount of deliberation, you chose the yellow book.

As you picked it up and thumbed through the pages, an odd energy coursed through your body.

Not willing to wait any longer, you hid the thick book underneath your small cloak, making sure it looked inconspicuous. With that done, you sneakily exited out of your room and made your way through the halls of the castle.

Surprisingly, you haven't ran into any maids, guards, or castle staff yet. Well, at the very least, it made it easy to locate a secret location so you could fully discover the secrets of the book.

After heading out of the castle and searching for twenty minutes, you found the perfect place.

It was a large enclosure, with plenty of shade and trees surrounding it. A perfect location for trying to do something sneaky. With a huff, you took out the book from your cloak.

You laid it on the floor, hesitating slightly before flipping it open with gusto. Skimming through the pages, you found one set of lines that intrigued you. Making up your mind, you began reading aloud.

You who shall summon the skies,
You who shall control lightning.
In the name of Naga, let loose your power,

Energy sparked around you, your surroundings getting zapped by small currents of whatever it was that exited your body. Leaves and branches on the ground got enveloped in a web of energy, disintegrating into ash as you chanted words of power.

Thoron.

After you whispered that last word, something incredible and inconceivable happened.

Looking down at your right arm, lightning funnelled itself into a large ball of electricity at the palm of your hand, almost ready to burst.

Instantly and unsurprisingly, you panicked and flailed around in shock. Without any hesitation, you aimed at a nearby tree.

At the last second, the electricity coalesced into a medium-sized beam as it left your arm with a crackle of energy.

The sound of lightning striking something and shattering it, along with the smell of burnt wood and fire, accompanied you not long afterwards.

Hesitantly, you opened your eyes, gazing upon the sight of what used to be a large tree with a plentiful amount of leaves.

Now, it was simply a pile of burnt wood and and ash.

Two emotions rushed throughout your mind, them being amazement and fear. Amazement that you were the one to perform that spell. Fear at the thought of having to or accidentally doing… that to someone else.

After hiding the book in your cloak once more, you went back to the castle, still in literal and metaphorical shock over the whole situation.

Once you sneak back into your room and plop yourself onto your bead, you decided to, after a long moment of deliberation…
[][Thoron] Keep the Book. You never know when you may need it.
[][Thoron] Put the book back where it was. You shouldn't have it in the first place and you might hurt someone else with it.
[][Thoron] Ask your father what this book is. He might be mad that you took it and almost hurt yourself, but maybe he can help you?
[][Thoron] Write-in

Magical Weapon Unlocked!

Lightning Tome - Thoron - Spell Rank B
With this lightning tome, you can cast the spell Thoron. Once you complete the incantation, you are able to release a contained beam of lightning that can travel fast and destroy many foes. It is unable to penetrate Wind Barriers and magical defenses similar to them, but it can be used to pierce enemies through metal armor.
If used against Heavily Armored enemies, gain +15 to all attack rolls.

With confidence you didn't think you had, you walked towards the red-handed girl.

Examining her a bit more closely, you noticed that her hair was styled up like twin tails and that she had dark red eyes. She wasn't paying attention, so you just sat down next to her. Surprisingly, she still didn't notice you were there! Curious about what had all her attention, you followed her gaze.

She was pointedly staring at a woman wearing red and white armor, who was having a conversation with other women. She had red hair, just like the girl sitting next to you.

Connecting the dots, you tapped the girl's shoulder to get her attention.

She jolted up in surprise, looking around herself before finally focusing on you.

"What do you want?" Her eyes narrowed together, almost like a pair of small slits, as her voice slammed into you like a freight train.

"I want to be your friend," you replied honestly.

The red-head stared at you, eyes wide with surprise. "O-oh, I'm sorry! It's just, well…"

She trailed off, giving a side glance to the woman from before. A moment passed by, with nothing said as the two of you basked in silence. Turning back to you, a hue of red blush ran across her face as she realized that you were still here and waiting to hear her words.

With a downcast expression, she continued, "Most people want to be my friend because I'm the daughter of the 'Genius' and 'Perfect' Cordelia, Squad Leader of the Pegasus Fliers, not because of me."

Huh, that's pretty cool. You didn't think pegasus's (pegasi?) existed in this world—wait… Cordelia. Why does that name sound familiar? That and the fact that pegasi apparently exist here...

Isn't she from Fire Emblem: Awakening specifically? And isn't Thoron a spell book from there? Oh right, Valmese, warmongers, were one of the main enemies too!

Curses were profusely let out in your mind as you mulled over the implications of what you were been presented with.

You couldn't believe that you were so ignorant to think that you wouldn't be reincarnated into a medieval world, nonetheless a fictional world at that.

Additionally, one of the main things about Awakening was that you can unlock units to use in your army, in the form of your child from the future.

But that would mean you were likely in the failed timeline, the one where Grima, the Fell Dragon and opposite of Naga, destroyed humanity in the years to come.

This meant that you had, at most, your childhood and a majority of your teen years before he revived himself and killed everyone you knew.

Thankfully, the red-headed child didn't notice your panic and continued to speak happily. She said something about how glad she was to finally have a friend and how thankful she is to you for putting up with her "gawds awful nonsense", but all you did was nod your head to everything she said you while you processed the revelations that intruded into your new life.

Eventually, the sun began to set and everyone had left the courtyard. As you were about to go back to your father, someone grabbed your arm. Turning around, the girl from before greeted you with an indignant frown on her face.

"Hey, you haven't told me your name yet!"

You reminisced on the conversation from earlier and realized that you did not, in fact, give her your name. Huh, the shock from your discovery must have made you forget about that detail.

With a clear voice, you said, "Leonard. My name is Leonard."

She stared at you for a moment, before nodding. "Yes, you do look like a Leonard," she said to herself.

You sent her a confused and almost offended expression, but she completely missed it.

"Well, what's your name?" you impatiently asked, the urge to to go back to your room and do some research on this place at the forefront of your mind.

"My name is Severa. I told you earlier, you dolt! I can't believe you forgot already!" she said, nearly yelling into your ears. Oh Gods, you could already tell she was going to be difficult to deal with.

Thankfully, someone came to your rescue.

"Now now, children. No need to caws some drama now." Your father, Henry, walked into view with Cordelia at his side. If their amused expressions were anything to by, then they definitely listened to that part of our conversation before interrupting you two.

Cordelia grabbed Severa's hand with slight hurriedness. "Come on Severa, you can go talk to Leonard later. It's getting late, and I need to go train the new Pegasus Rider recruits," the woman mentioned.

Severa huffed, a small frown on her face. She was extremely displeased, dare you say furious, at her mother's words. Her expression and your knowledge of what happened in the future clashed together to form an unpleasant image.

...Maybe you should talk to her about her mother.

Regret for actions taken was only one of the many things that needed to be worried about with the future to come, after all.

Mystery Unlocked
You have found out that you have been reincarnated into Fire Emblem: Awakening as a future child! What you do will change the future, relations, and outcomes of humanity.

First Friend!
Severa was the first person you've ever talked to besides your father and the castle maids. Since she was your first friend, and you her first friend, +5 to all dice rolls in anything involving her (events, social, battle, etc).

Quest Unlocked - Severe Problems
Talk to Severa about the problems she has with her mom.

You were in your room, sitting at your desk. Scattered across it were books filled to the brim with various knowledge about the world.

There were currently three books in front of you, but you could only read through them one at a time lest you missed out on key and important information.

The first was a book on how to correctly use magic tomes and their accompanying spells with and without them. Certainly useful for the path of becoming a mage, moreso to not repeat the mistkae you had ignorantly done before.

The second book was supposedly filled with tips and tricks on how to wield each weapon of the weapon-triangle correctly. If you were to travel the way of melee combat, it would definitely be a boon to read through this book.

The third book was really worn and torn, marked with a faded leather cover and bearing no title. It emanated a strange aura. Yet, something compelled you to read it. Knowledge of the truly unknown, perhaps?

With your decision made, you chose to…

[][Research] Research how to cast magic properly. You can get help from your father, too.
[][Research] Research how to use certain weapons. You could probably ask that one man named 'Frederick' to help you.
[][Research] Read the book. It seems magical with it's aura and could possibly have something to help you.

After finishing intensive research, you'd try to go and find...

[][Event] Your father. You want to find out why he gets sad whenever someone wants help.
[][Event] Severa. Best if you can talk to her about her mom now before anything bad happens.

Please note that these events will never disappear and will show up as an option later on, even if you don't pick it right now.

Votes for the next chapter:
  • Thoron
  • Research
  • Event

Note from QM:

This took me two extra hours to write. Uh, oops? It was supposed to be done earlier, but my notes for this chapter got deleted and I had to remake them again.

Also, other things happening. I am very tired, so I will post all the informational stuff before going to bed in a moment.
EDIT: I have posted all the information tabs, so check that out if you want to see who has certain traits, what certain buffs do, and other stuff.
Not quite, but that would've been interesting to write.
Yeah. The caws and effect should be quite obvious.

EDIT: 10/7/22, revised the flow of text in the chapter to make for a (hopefully) less painful reading experience.

Last edited:
Henry's our dad! I love Henry! He's batshit insane but that doesn't matter! I wonder who our mom is?

[X][Thoron] Ask your father what this book is. He might be mad that you took it and almost hurt yourself, but maybe he can help you?
[X][Research] Read the book. It seems magical with it's aura and could possibly have something to help you.
[X][Event] Severa. Best if you can talk to her about her mom now before anything bad happens.

Last edited:
Crows, fire emblem awakening and puns.

Yeah legit best dad but we screwed. We got tsun fighter as a friend tho.

[X][Thoron] Ask your father what this book is. He might be mad that you took it and almost hurt yourself, but maybe he can help you?

[X][Research] Research how to cast magic properly. You can get help from your father, too.

[X][Event] Severa. Best if you can talk to her about her mom now before anything bad happens.

Double up on the help from the dad unit!
But leave his issues alone for now.

[X][Research] Research how to cast magic properly. You can get help from your father, too.

[X][Research] Read the book. It seems magical with it's aura and could possibly have something to help you.

I have this suspicous feeling we have Robin as our mother. Since absent, often away parent, and it feels off that we are taken care of by Henry of all people in Ylisse castle. I feel airhead sister Morgan is around too. What haircolor do we have @ItzNarcotic by the way?

Since the blub with the dark magic tome is kinda... oh dear.

Back