Breaking Destiny (Fire Emblem: Awakening Quest)

It seems a bit strange that we got Strength rather than Magic but whatever. We should be careful before letting Severa know about the gold lol. (Edit: Maybe letting her spend our gold could help her feel better after she found out Cordelia died.)

Was the robed figure Fem Robin (- - - -), Mom (- - - - - -) or Aversa?
The dice I'm rolling literally want nothing but to (somewhat) balance your stats out. I would've added, at the very least, a single increase of 1 to MAG after that last fight but the RNG gods refuse to allow me to do so.

And don't worry, Tharja was already revealed to be your mother in the Birthday update a while back. Also, to answer that question: Yes.

All of the future children have this other than us. We need to train more.

Severa's traits are kind of overpowered. Adaptive mindset kinda makes me think she is robins kid.
Currently, you are Fifth most motivated Child out of the Fourteen Future Children when it comes to training. Granted, the others who don't work as hard as you will have a relatively easier time, but all that means is that you have to close the gap with more work.

Regarding your speculation, I'm not going to confirm or deny anything. However, that is one interesting thought.

The father was Kellam all along. Thats why we havent seen or heard from her father at all.

It all make sense.

Seriously though. I used to couple them up together since I had an extremely hard time keeping the pegasus riders alive otherwise.
The other one I matched him up with was Maribelle.

It never mattered who I paired the pegasus riders up with. They all died in the end. No matter what I did.
Fred for Sumia, Kellam for Cordelia. That will get them enough bulk to get through the early horrors before they're fast enough to be reliably dodging things and tough enough to survive a hit or two. You just can't...trust them like you can a more solid unit. You basically assume they're going to almost- die the minute anybody breathes in their direction and make sure they've got backup.

I actually like Stahl with Cordelia (Mister Content To Be Average with Miss "I MUST EXCEL AND HATE BEING ALIVE" has a nice ring to it).

Well, I've caught up now. Seems pretty good so far. As an aside, about update 10:
[][Interlude] The Best Friend
[][Interlude] The Flirty Dancer
[][Interlude] The Stoic Princess
[][Interlude] The (Kinda) Heroic Swordsman
[][Interlude] The Nervous Archer
[][Interlude] The Clumsy Pega-Pony Princess
[][Interlude] The Crow Father
[][Interlude] The Lord of Ylisse
[][Interlude] The Glorified Butler
[][Interlude] The Voice of Naga
[][Interlude] The Forgotten One
[][Interlude] The Conqueror
[][Interlude] The Necromancer
[][Interlude] The Vessels
I'm surprised that nobody noticed this.

BTW, do you think adding a moratorium for these big year plan votes is a good idea? Maybe just an hour or three so that some discussion and stuff can be had, first.

[X] Plan Running Joke and holy shit i forgot her mother just died

Just discovered this today! And I love Fire Emblem Awakening! I've actually considered trying to make a quest based on the game myself, but I don't know anything about running one.

I gave Sumia to Chrom because Galeforce is a fun ability! Also I turned Lucina and Cynthia into a cavalry duo and made them the most disgustingly OP units in my army. Only being outclassed by Robin. Literally nothing could seriously damage them. They kept killing everything. It was so bad that i actually forgot to pair either of them with anyone romantically.

If it wasn't for Three Houses being amazing, Awakening would be my favorite game.

My favorite run was when I played the game hard mode without pairing units up, and I had to line them up as an army so the lone unit wouldn't get surronded and die.

Well, I've caught up now. Seems pretty good so far. As an aside, about update 10:

I'm surprised that nobody noticed this.

BTW, do you think adding a moratorium for these big year plan votes is a good idea? Maybe just an hour or three so that some discussion and stuff can be had, first.
Yeah, I was kind of surprised that it was glanced over at that time, considering someone actually voted for it and no one bothered asking.

I'll add a 2-3 hour moratorium (perhaps longer, especially considering timezones) for the yearly training updates and some of the more important votes that'll come later down the line. Training is one of the times where you can increase your stats or certain proficiencies without ever having to be in any harm's way (such as grinding via fighting enemies or relying on sometimes pure RNG to raise certain stats up).

Ah, always a treat to see this Quest up and running. Happy holidays!

@ItzNarcotic Is it possible to hunt risen as an action or would we be considered to young to do that? To be clear I mean with adult supervision.

Merry Christmas
You would be able to, yes. Something along the lines of Risen patrols or an action similar-ish to that. It would be pretty difficult to go on a patrol by yourself, though maybe with an adult and some of the other future children.

Happy Holidays to everyone! Regarding the vote, I'll probably close it later tonight since the winning vote is leading by an unbeatable margin at this point and won't be overtaken by anything else.

If no one else has a name for our Crows, I nominate Hugin and Munin.

Alright, closing the vote now so I have time to work on the update. Should be out soon-ish, on the chance that I don't get swamped by some unexpected IRL stuff.

Vote closed.
Adhoc vote count started by ItzNarcotic on Dec 26, 2020 at 2:08 AM, finished with 30 posts and 18 votes.

• [x] Plan Running Joke and holy shit i forgot her mother just died
    -[x][Training Action] Join Frederick's Fanatical Fitness Hour. It may be hellish training, but you can't deny that it's a great workout for you. (Guaranteed +1 STR and DEF when failing, +6 STR and DEF when Successful. Current DC = 60)
    -[x][Training Action] Hang out with Severa. Maybe she could train with you? (Will trigger C-Rank Event)
    [X] Plan covering physical weakness
    [X][Training Action] Train with Lucina. Maybe she can help improve your amateur sword skills? (+Support Points, Training Points w/ Swords, and SKL)
    [X][Training Action] Go and see if you can't make new friends. Bonds are important, after all. (High chance of meeting ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, and/or ?)
    [X][Training Action] Train with Yarne. Maybe he can help improve your measly physical strength and toughness?
    [x] plan:getting the foundation right
    [x][Training Action] Train in a branch of magic.
    -[x][Training Action] Train your thunder magic. (+Training Points w/ Thunder Tomes, MAG)
    --[x][Training Action] Train your thunder Armor by increasing its durability, magical power, and speed. (+Training Points w/Thunder Armor, SPD and MAG)
    -[x][Training Action] Train your dark magic. (+Training Points w/ Dark Magic Tomes, MAG)
    [x][Training Action] Train with a melee weapon.
    -[x][Training Action] Train with a Sword. (+Training Points, STR, and SPD)
    [x][Training Action] Join Frederick's Fanatical Fitness Hour. It may be hellish training, but you can't deny that it's a great workout for you. (Guaranteed +1 STR and DEF when failing, +6 STR and DEF when Successful. Current DC = 60)
    [x][Training Action] Hang out with Severa. Maybe she could train with you? (Will trigger C-Rank Event)
    "[x] Plan Where is my man Brady at" had a good run.
Winning Vote and Actions for Update 12:
[] Plan Running Joke and holy shit i forgot her mother just died
-[][Training Action] Join Frederick's Fanatical Fitness Hour. It may be hellish training, but you can't deny that it's a great workout for you. (Guaranteed +1 STR and DEF when failing, +6 STR and DEF when Successful. Current DC = 60)
-[][Training Action] Hang out with Severa. Maybe she could train with you? (Will trigger C-Rank Event)
[][Training Action] Train with Lucina. Maybe she can help improve your amateur sword skills? This action is locked in and will automatically be added into the future training plans until you reach Sword Proficiency - Expert.

Back