Breaking Destiny (Fire Emblem: Awakening Quest)

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

After dying in an unfortunate accident, you find yourself reincarnated into the Ruined Future as part of Lucina's Generation.

Growing up once again, you shall prepare yourself and your friends for the dark future that lies ahead, all while discovering the similarities and differences of the world that you thought you really knew in the hopes of fighting for a better and Grima-less world to live in.
Last edited:
Introduction

ItzNarcotic

Fireside Eldritch Munchies
Pronouns
Any
Now if I were a normal person I would give you the details of what this quest is about. But since I like the concept that @Monk Penguin did with their What Is Fate? Quest, this will be somewhat different. You will initially not know what universe this takes place in, but all I will say is that you are a newly reincarnated soul in a new world. The rest is for you readers to figure out.

? / ? \ ? / ? \ ? / ? \ ? / ? \ ? / ? \ ? / ? \ ? / ? \ ? / ? \ ? / ? \ ? / ? \ ?

Now, to answer some questions that you may or may not ask me.

Why is this quest featuring a reincarnate or self-insert instead of let's say, an OC?

Many important reasons. First, when you realize what world you are in, it's reasonable to assume that you will use the knowledge you know and act on it instead of trying to be ignorant about the situation of said world. Second, it gives me a good reason to do some world-building while you guys try to figure out where you are at. Third, because I like to read Self-Insert fanfiction (I know some people don't like to read it and that is perfectly fine) and a story concept I like means a story that will be updated frequently or a story I like writing.

Why are you starting this quest when you have other stories and projects to work on?

Well, when I start writing something over and over and over again it becomes easy for me to burn out on writing certain stories. Unlike my story, I have a small break of about a day or so before I have to start up on the next part of this quest which I like a lot. This is also my first time writing a quest instead of a story, so this will be a good learning experience for me while I try to create a good story for you all. This also matches up with my current schedule as I started school around 2-3 weeks ago and have little to no free time for anything. And eventually I will update my other stories, but for now, I will most likely update this quest (since this is what I am in the mood to write right now) every 2-3 days or so.

Will you update/change the title when the fandom/world/series is revealed?

Yeah, I'll update the title. Not too sure about the intro though since it doesn't really matter too much...

Are you copying @Monk Penguin 's Quest Idea?

Kind of? I mean it's obviously going to be featured in a different world and setting, but the mystery aspect of having to figure out the world is pretty appealing to me which is why I chose to write it like this. I love it when you readers are trying to figure out where you are at and fail at it. The quest mechanics are going to be slightly different with certain dice rolls changed, certain skills, more mechanics, etc.

Now, please patiently wait as I post the first chapter and make a couple of reserve posts for some information on the quest.

Last edited:
1: Prologue
The night was young, as cars of all types drove along the freeway.

One of those cars was being driven by you.

Your Prius steadily drove at a good forty-five miles as some random songs played on the radio. Despite the sereneness of it all, this was an important drive. Reason being that it would be the one that would bring you from your home in Las Vegas to an apartment near Stanford University, where you'd be continuing your goal towards a hardworking but fulfilling life.

After all, you just finished packing up all your necessities and would be going for a Ph.D. in…

You can choose as many as you'd like, but only one will win
[][Ph.D.] Medical and Clinical Science (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Psychology and Psychiatry (Unlocks ?, raises ?)
[][Ph.D.] Atomic Physics (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Data Analysis and Geography (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Modern Arts and Dance (Unlocks ?, raises ?)
[][Ph.D.] Ecology and Conservation (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Business and Management (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[][Ph.D.] Modern Language and Linguistics (Unlocks ?, raises ?)

These will be revealed once the world is figured out.

But of course, something had to have happened on your way there.

Pulling your car over to a stop, you rolled down your windows and gazed at the other cars which had stopped in the middle of the freeway, blocking not just your car but many others who were just as confused.

Was... was there a protest going on? Something that you weren't exactly aware of?

Then, a strange but low rumbling noise hit your ears. It wasn't the kind of noise a car would make when speeding down the highway or noise you'd hear normally when driving. It also wasn't the noise your car or anyone else's would make when breaking down, either.

So what was it and where was it coming from?

As if to answer your question, the noise you heard earlier became louder and much more audible. From the driver's seat, you peered through the open window and looked around the area as your eyes widened in shock.

Small pebbles and bits of gravel shook on the ground along with other cars, trucks, and motorcycles that had stopped. Cars far back in the freeway screeched to a halt as they followed yours and other's gaze to a nearby mountain. Getting outside of your car, not only to get a better look but to also make sure you weren't just in a fever dream of some kind, you screamed at the sight you saw.

Rocks. Dozens of fragmented rocks from the cliff side were rolling down onto the freeway at an obscenely fast pace, the now more prominent sound of a high magnitude earthquake making everything shake and tumble despite everyone's efforts.

Scrambling into your car and starting up the engine, you slammed onto the gas pedal and tried to drive away as boulders crashed all around you.

The last thing you remember was the screams of others as they met the same fate as yours.

Oddly enough, you could remember some things. Like how you called your mother and told her that you were accepted to Stanford. The brief moment where you celebrated with all your friends at a friend's villa before heading off to pack your things. That you took a relaxing and warm shower before driving off to Stanford.

That, to all your valiant efforts, was all you could really remember of your past life before death.

This, of course, all lead to the point you were currently at right now.

You thought you existed, but you didn't have any senses. As such, you couldn't really prove you did. It was like you were alone in a dark room, with no exit or end to this mental quandary. Never have you ever experienced this, so it was kind of odd being in this situation.

You wanted to scream, but you had no mouth or throat for you to exert effort into.

You wanted to cry, but you had no sight or eyes for tears to pour out of.

You wanted to look for anyone to talk to, even if it was just a stranger, but you were all alone in this blank abyss.

You wanted to move around, but you had no limbs, arms, or even a body to maneuver around.

You were trapped here, wherever this was, forever.

At least, that was what you had thought. A moment passes, and suddenly, you can feel. You're surrounded by what seems to be an all-encompassing feeling of warmth.

You wanted to scream in happiness or jump for joy, but you couldn't do so. Was this heaven? Did you finally pass on? You began thanking whomever got you out of that place. You would take anything else over that place.

After a time of comforting silence skipped a beat, you began to mull about what happened. You positively knew you were dead, there was no arguing that. After all, how could you be alive after getting crushed by a multi ton boulder within a car?

With that thought in place, you reflected on everything in your past life. Regrets, guilty pleasures, everything that had been done before. It was then that you came to the realization that you weren't a good person, to a degree that you were also not a bad person either.

Just someone living their life to the extent that they could.

An unknown amount of time passed in the afterlife, where you eventually adjusted to the comfort of nothingness, waiting patiently for something to happen.

Then, it happened. At one point, you could see and hear again. Well, kind of. Everything you viewed was like a Rorschach blob, nearly unrecognizable to your undeveloped eyes.

It was then that the idea came to your mind with the weight of a freight train.

You were reincarnated. Given a second chance to live life once more.

In spite of that revelation though, you felt extremely out of place. Like you weren't supposed to be here.

An anomaly.

At some point, you were removed from the blanket of warmth. You don't want to think about that too much, since your certain that you just got reborn and you don't want to think about your mother, whoever she is, giving birth.

Thankfully, your undeveloped brain agrees as well, blocking out whatever had happened during that time. You felt like someone is holding you, but you didn't want to open your eyes.

After much hesitation and burying your fears deep down in your mind, you fully opened your eyes. All senses burned as you let out cries of pain, your parents to hugging and rocking you.

Time passed and with it came the much needed improvement of two key senses When your father took you around what you determined to be was a medieval castle, you also found out that the main language that was being spoken around here was, to your relief, something that resembled English.

Those were the only things you figured out at the moment. You couldn't move your limbs, your baby muscles limited to waving and flailing your arms around like a, you guessed it, newborn child.

At the very least, you could start counting the days ahead...

Although you weren't too sure on the exact timeframe, you were able to regain your sense of balance and movement once more. You also figured out that you were reborn in some sort of medieval castle that was surrounded by equally medieval structures, the discovery of which hit your anachronistic mind hard.

It sucked that you weren't reborn in the modern era, but you wouldn't throw away your new life because of that small setback. You would try to adapt and live your life to the fullest. Also, you found out that you were most definitely a…

[][Sex] Boy
[][Sex] Girl

And that you were born in the year…

[][YOB] 744 AM
[][YOB] 746 AM
[][YOB] 748 AM

Votes for the next chapter:
  • Ph.D.

Note from QM:

Here's the first chapter of my first ever quest, Breaking Destiny. I wonder if you've already figured out what fandom you're in. It's not Worm, and to give another hint, I (personally) have not seen a quest for it yet. (Not to say that it hasn't been done yet, but I have gone through SV and have found nothing that features a SI for this fandom.)

I will probably update this every two or three days, at least until I can get a grasp of what type of schedule I need to make.

This is what I will be writing while I take a small break from writing my Worm story, since I got burnt out writing chapters daily.

EDIT: 10/7/22, revised the flow of text in the chapter to make for a (hopefully) less painful reading experience.

Last edited:
Character Sheets
Character Sheets
[Last Updated as of 12: Consolation]

You (Leonard)

Class: Dark Mage
Date of Birth:
October 7th, 744 AM
Race: Human

Class: Dark Mage
As a child born from a union of two more-than-exceptional dark mages, your dark magic is extremely potent and your potential for dark magic is ever-expanding. You are capable of using both anima and dark magic, but your dark magic will always be stronger than anima magic regardless. You are also able to promote into the Sorcerer or Dark Knight class when you are experienced enough and/or when you are ready to pass the Class Certification Exam.
All actions, plans, and combat related votes regarding Dark Magic on your end are more likely to succeed.
As a consequence, however, those who are aware of you using or know the dangers of the magic you possess are far more wary in conversation, if they are not already familiar with your character.

HP(Health): 19
Although a child geared towards using magic and spells in combat, you possess a high tolerance for damage and pain due to your usage of Dark Magic.
You are capable of taking one or two more deadly blows than what could be expected of a child, but no more than that before falling in battle.

STR(Strength): 22
A young boy in training, you possess above average strength for a child your age, especially one who is more inclined towards magic.
You are somewhat capable regarding all physical matters, but oftentimes than not you need the help of those more physically inclined.

MAG(Magic): 30
A dark mage with limitless magical potential, you hold an exceptionally high capacity for all things magic.
It would be no mistake to say that, with a few years of dedication towards the magical arts, you could eclipse even the most proficient and well-versed Sorcerers and practicioners of the world regarding Dark Magic alone.

SKL(Skill): 24
A child with a slight bit of training, you possess average technique with all things regarding swordplay, melee combat, specific techniques, killing blows, and overall finesse of handling weapons.
With a lot effort and planning, you could possibly win a melee skirmish against other trained children around your age. The same couldn't be said for sufficiently trained adults, however.

SPD(Speed): 22
A spry young boy, you hold above average movement with regards to combat, travel, and reaction timing.
In a duel of quickdraws, you are more likely than not to be the one to initiate the initial blow in combat. Attacks done against you can be perceived relatively simply, but reasonable action taken afterwards is another matter entirely. Furthermore, travel times can be cut down by a marginal percentage when pushing yourself, but not insanely so.

LCK(Luck): 13
The rays of fate shine dimly upon you, you poor child.
When it comes to matters of fate, destiny, change, it will be difficult but not necessarily impossible to disregard them when accomplishing goals; whether they be combat, socializing, planning, etc.

DEF(Defense): 21
The hardiness of this child, although promising, is currently average at most.
Physical attacks, when they strike true, will deal usual amounts of damage.

RES(Resistance): 20
The energy surrounding this promising mage allays most magical blows, although against spells of higher quality or age it will prove to be less effective.
Low tier magical attacks and spells, when they strike true, will likely do very little or no damage at all. Spells of medium and high tier and quality will still deal normal damage.

Note: Green = boon stat, red = flawed stat.
Abilities
Personal
: ????? ?? ? ???? - ???
Class Abilities - Anathema and Hex
Inventory

Blue Handkerchief
A blue Handkerchief, the same shade of blue as Lucina's hair. The proof of your friendship and how you helped her in a time of brief emotional distress.
Allows access to Lucina's room and certain parts of the castle when shown to a guard.

Weapons, Tomes, and Spells

New Bronze Short-Sword

This sword was gifted to you by Lucina after you accepted her deal to be taught swordsmanship. This is a very sharp sword. Even after barely touching the tip of your finger with it, you can see droplets of blood exiting the small yet extremely precise cut.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Sword: Novice
Weapon Uses - 50
Might (MT) - 3
Your first ten blows with this sword are more likely than not to be killing/decisive blows in combat. Afterwards, it will function as a normal, weighty bronze sword.

Murder of Crows - A custom spell created by Henry's father, from his knowledge.
Through exploration, you have figured out that you can currently create two permanent crows to send messages, with ten temporary crows being the current maximum.
You are able to combine or imbue these crows with certain spells, such as:
Thunder spells, which turns the crows into an electrical bomb. The strength and effects of the explosion may vary, depending on the type of Thunder Spell used.
Dark Magic (specifically Flux spell) turns the crows into a madness-inducing bomb. The strength and effects of the explosion may vary, depending on the type of Dark Magic spell or tome used
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Novice with three different dark magic tomes/spells.
Weapon Rarity - Unique
Weapon Uses - Infinite
Might (MT) - 12 (without spell combinations; base spell)

Thunder Tome - Temporarily borrowed from your father. The basic and easiest to cast of all thunder spells.
When cast, small but not costly orbs of thunder appear to attack the target
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Novice
Weapon Rarity - Uncommon
Weapon Uses - 38
Might (MT) - 3 (without MAG bonuses)

Flux Tome - A copy you gained from your father after completing your training. The basic and easiest to cast Dark Magic spell.
A simple purple projectile that can cause varying mental effects.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Flux Tomes: Novice
Weapon Rarity - Uncommon
Weapon Uses - 45
Might (MT) - 5 (without MAG bonuses)

Nosferatu Tome - A copy you gained from your father after completing your training. The second easiest spell to cast, albeit more complex.
Allows the user to drain and heal from half of the damage done to an enemy.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Nosferatu Tome: Novice
Weapon Rarity - Rare
Weapon Uses - 20
Might (MT) - 7 (without MAG bonuses)

Ruin Tome - A copy you gained from your father after completing your training. One of the harder and more complex spells, but it is easier to hit decisive blows upon success.
Although a 50/50 chance to miss, it is also a 50/50 chance to land a killing/decisive blow.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Dark Magic: Novice
Weapon Rarity - Rare
Weapon Uses - 20
Might (MT) - 4 (12 when critting and without MAG bonuses)

Thunder Armor - A spell that you discovered through experimentation. By pouring magical energy throughout your body and performing the incantation for the Thunder tome, you are able to temporarily boost your physical strength, agility, and lightning spell damage on the battlefield for a short duration.
While this spell is active, you have double SPD and STR stats. In addition, gain +10 to all Thunder tome-related rolls for the duration that Thunder Armor is active. Due to high amounts of magical energy usage, this spell can only be activated once per battle and lasts for a duration of two battle actions.
Current DC = ≥55

Bullion [M] - A gold bar that will fetch quite the price at the market. Sunlight gleams off of the metal, the lustrous metallic color still perfect in its vanity. Perhaps you can trade it off for some money?
Can be exchanged at a Shop Vendor for 5000g or something of similar value.
Traits
Psychologist and Psychiatrist
- You are able to calm yourself and others in very tense situations, along with being able to determine people's emotions and analyze problems easily.
All social actions are more likely to succeed when you are present and relevant within the context of a conversation.

Reincarnate - You have experienced another life, a multitude of other experiences, and even death itself. You are more mature than other children, even more so than some adults!
Grants access to vital but slowly fading metaknowledge of the world.

Walking Battery - You are able to input and output mana out of your body to perform spells in a matter of moments, unseen in most mages.
All magic based combat actions are more likely to succeed to be killing/decisive blows than not.
Due to this trait, you are unable to perform and will always fail sneak attacks on any enemies who are magically inclined.

Warrior's Spirit (D) - A skill tempered by enduring not just combat but hell itself, confidence radiates itself off of your form no matter the conflict that awaits you.
Even in a life-or-death situation you will not hesitate to take action, though whatever action you take afterwards may not always be the correct one. Furthermore, those who are familiar with your character are moved by your actions, following the example you've set.

Where Am I, Again? - You, after being an idiot and not following the sensible adult, got lost in a forest and have realized how bad your sense of direction is. Seriously, your location skills are terrible.
Due to this skill, you are more likely to get lost when exploring or wandering by yourself, more so than any of the other Future Children.
Skills
Skills refer to mundane knowledge anyone may learn or have.
English - 20/45 Expert
Mathematics - 20/45 Expert
Various Sciences - 15/60 Master
Psychology and Psychiatry - 10/60 Master
History - 20/45 Expert
Cooking - 30/45 Expert
Acting - 25/30 Novice

Legend
U = Untrained
N = Novice
I = Intermediate
E = Expert
M = Master
Weapon Proficiencies
Refers to ability with non-magical melee or non-magical ranged weaponry.

Melee and Ranged Weapon Proficiencies

Melee ProficiencyLanceSwordAxeRanged ProficiencyBowDagger
U 10/15UI 7/60UU 0/10UU

Legend
U = Untrained
N = Novice
I = Intermediate
E = Expert
M = Master​
Magical Weapon Proficiencies
Refers to ability with certain special or magical weapons and tools.

Fire Tomes or Spells

Fire Tomes/SpellsFireElfireArcfireBolganoneRexflame
UUUUUU

Thunder Tomes or Spells

Thunder Tomes/SpellsThunderThunder ArmorElthunderArcthunderThoronStorm
U 5/20I 0/60N 5/30U 10/15U 5/15U 1/15U

Wind Tomes or Spells

Wind Tomes/SpellsWindElwindArcwindRexcaliburExcalibur
UUUUUU

Dark Magic Tomes or Spells

Dark Magic Tomes/SpellsFluxNosferatuRuinWasteGoetiaMurder of Crows
N 15/25I 15/60N 5/30N 0/30UUN 15/30

Healing Staves

Healing StavesHealMendPhysicRecoverFortify
UUUUUU

Non-Healing Staves

Non-Healing StavesRescueWardHammerne
UUUU

Legend
U = Untrained
N = Novice
I = Intermediate
E = Expert
M = Master
Family Members
Leonard's Family

Henry - Class: Sorcerer
Your father, who loves you dearly. He's very proud of your progress and the integrity you've shown when training your dark magic aptitude and skill. If something drastic were to happen to you or any of his allies, dire consequences may occur.

Traits

Battle Frenzy - Gained during his time at the institution Henry was abandoned at a young age. When one releases all sanity, pain and emotions are nothing but a mere annoyance on the body they use.
All combat actions are likely to be successful to an inhumane degree at the cost of a drastically lowered social action success rate.
Animal Whisperer - Gained during his time at the institution Henry was abandoned at a young age. Like a sort of honey or scent, Henry can attract and gain allies through animals.
Allows temporary recruitment of animals when engaging in a Forest or Plains battlefield.

Proficiencies and Skills

Dark Magic - Professional
Hexes and Curses - Professional​
Anima Magic - Expert

Abilities

Personal: Amoral Fighter - Henry is more likely to persist in attacking an enemy until he or they are dead.
Class Abilities - Anathema (all close-range attacks are more likely to land) and Hex (all close to mid-range attacks are far more likely to land), Tomebreaker (skirmishes against tome users are more likely to be in his favor), Despoil (chance to obtain a Bullion when this character defeats an enemy increases) and Gamble (less likely to hit an enemy in exchange for a greater chance of a decisive/killing blow)

Abilities that are italicized are only obtainable through promoting or reclassing into another class.

Other Supports

Chrom - A: An ally and friend whom I respect and support.
Cordelia - A: An ally and friend who's amazing with the spear.
Miriel - B: An ally and study partner regarding magic.
Frederick - B: Fellow training enthusiast and best knight buddy forever.
C: All other Shepard members.
Tharja - Class: Sorcerer
Your mother, who had decided to take your sister Noire away from you and your father. Her current whereabouts are unknown to all.

Traits
Dangerous Obsession (Robin) - An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind. In Tharja's case, it is the currently missing Tactician of the Shepards.
All actions not involving Robin are very likely to fail, and vice versa.

Proficiencies and Skills

Dark Magic - Professional
Hexes and Curses - Expert​
Potion Making - Expert​

Anima Magic - Intermediate
Noire - Class: Archer
Your sister, who admires you quite a bit. She enjoyz being around you and is determined to become stronger, for both her sake and yours.

Traits
Alter Ego - Unique Trait that was inherited from Tharja. Allows one to transform their mental state from a meek child to a bloodthirsty warrior in mere moments with the use of a dark talisman.
While her alter ego is active, all combat actions are more likely to succeed at the cost of a lower social action success rate.
Child of War - Increases skill point gain and weapon proficiency gain by 1.5x in training sessions and in the battlefield.

Proficiencies and Skills

Bow - Novice (Expert when Dark Talisman is active)
Archery - Novice (Expert when Dark Talisman is active)
The Future Children
Fellow Future Children
Severa is a bratty and venomous child on the surface. Once you get past her shell, however, you see that she's a nice and energetic child who worries for her friends. You helped her with her problems and she is grateful for that.

Thoughts about Leonard

"I'm happy that I have a good first friend to count on, but I wish Leonard would go out more."
"Leonard is my... first and good friend. I wouldn't trade him for someone else."

Traits

Child of War - Increases skill point gain and weapon proficiency gain by 1.5x in training sessions and in the battlefield.
Naturally Better - Unique Trait inherited from Cordelia. Increases all skill point and weapon proficiency gains by 2.0x.
Adaptive Mindset - Unique Trait inherited from ?????. Allows one to move along with the flow of battle, changing the way the fight will go at their whims. Works for social interactions as well.
Grants a "second wind" for initial combat and social actions.

Proficiencies and Skills

Sword - Intermediate
Lance - Novice
Axe - Novice
Riding - Intermediate​
Pegasus Riding - Novice​

Abilities

Personal - ???? ???????
Class Abilities - Armsthrift, Patience, Galeforce

Other Supports

Cynthia - C: A nice girl and good sparring partner who's sometimes far too enthusiastic at times. I can appreciate some excitement every once in a while, but this girl is always bursting with energy everywhere I see her.
Kjelle - C: A stoic girl who shares my enthusiasm for training. Gawds, she's so serious at times, though I can respect wishing to become stronger.
Lucina - C: A superior swordswoman, much to my own chagrin. Someone I admire and wish to defeat in combat. A superior swordfighter to my own current capabilities... n-not that I'd ever say that out loud, you idiot!
Nah - C: A dragon girl, which is really cool. She seems kind of shy, though. Nah's a dragon, so that's cool. Wish we'd talk more though.
Noire - C: An odd and timid girl, but sociable at times. A good shot with the bow, though the silence that follows our conversations is a little awkward.
'Indigo' - C: An annoying pest at worst, but decent sparring partner at best. A good training dummy. The faces he makes are weird though.
All other Future Children - C

Notable Bonuses

Childhood Friends: Severa was your first friend since you were children and vice versa. You know her better than anyone else amongst the Future Children and the same goes for her knowing more about you than anyone else.
Anything involving her (events, social, battle, etc) is more likely to succeed.
The future leader of the Future Children and sister of Cynthia. Lucina is stern, yet easily gullible due to being sheltered and hidden away from the public for the majority of her life.

Thoughts about Leonard

"I'm glad that Leonard is willing to follow my tutelage in swordsmanship. I'll do my best to help train him."
"He's a good and reliable person I can count on when I need assistance regarding certain tasks. On the battlefield, however, I am unsure."

Traits

Natural Leader - Unique Trait inherited from Chrom. Born to a royal family, Lucina is destined to become the princess of Ylisse and it's residents. All actions relating to Ylissean diplomacy, politics, and other social events are more likely to succeed.

Proficiencies and Skills

Sword - Expert
Royal Ylissean Style - Intermediate​

Lance - Novice
Bow - Novice
Riding - Novice
Battle Tactics - Novice
The second most enthusiastic Future Child and sister of Lucina. Cynthia is easily excitable, unbudging in the face of failure and always around to cheer up her friends if they are feeling down.

Thoughts about Leonard
"Oh, Leonard? He's pretty cool! I like how heroic he acts, it's like he's actually one of those legends I've read about!"
"I'm happy to have another person who also tries to keep everyone else happy. It's hard to try and keep everyone's spirits up by myself, so I'm glad to have someone else helping me out."

Traits

Cheer Up, Comrade! - Unique Trait inherited from Sumia. Being charismatic is a boon, especially when trying to improve the morale of an army, country, or even someone as simple as friends.
All allies and friendly armed forces near Cynthia will be compelled to take action, regardless of their current thoughts on the matter. Grants bonuses to all social actions.

Proficiencies and Skills

Lance - Intermediate
Riding - Intermediate
Pegasus Riding - Novice​

Tactics - Intermediate
Aerial Tactics and Combat - Novice​
The son of Lissa and ??? ??, Cousin of Lucina and Cynthia, and the most enthusiastic Future Child. An actor and someone with a flair for heroics, Owain is a child who wants to grow up and be a great hero who is remembered for centuries. You first met him during one of your weekly FFFH sessions, where he got you entangled in a series of pranks that were meant for his mother.

Thoughts about Leonard
"An odd magician, Leonard truly is. Despite that, he seems quite normal for a mage of his caliber."
"A hero must defeat the villain, and Leonard looks the part of the latter. ...He is pretty heroic, otherwise."

Traits

A Hero's Way - Unique Trait inherited from Lissa. A hero is made from the journey they go on, along with the achievements and challenges faced on the way.
When Owain is acting the part of what he perceived to be a "Hero", he is far more likely to succeed in all heroic combat and social actions.

Proficiencies and Skills

Sword - Intermediate
Royal Ylissean Style - Novice​

Riding - Novice
Anima Magic - Novice
Thunder Magic - Novice​
Yarne, the son of Frederick the Wary and Panne the Beast. He is shy, yet isn't afraid to stand his ground... Or he could just run away, that works too. You first met Yarne during a session of FFFH.

Thoughts about Leonard
"Leonard? Oh, he seems very friendly. But honestly, I'm not sure if he's being genuine or not."
"He seems very determined to become stronger, so I respect him for that."

Traits

Beast Born - Unique Trait inherited from Panne. Being a taguel, combat is in their nature and killing is more so.
When in battle outdoors, Yarne is more likely to leverage a situation to where he can land a decisive or killing blow in combat. Furthermore, all retreat actions are vastly more likely to succeed.
Stern Disposition - Unique Trait inherited from Frederick. When in combat, one focuses on nothing but the battlefield and the enemies within it.
All combat and social actions are more likely to be successful if Yarne is in a calm state where he is capable of assessing the situation.

Proficiencies and Skills

Close-Quarters Combat - Intermediate
Ylissean Close Combat - Novice​

Taguel Form - Expert
Tactics - Novice
Chaotic Disruption - Intermediate
Kjelle is the daughter of Sully the Crimson Cavalier and ????? the ??????? ?????. Although she is antisocial due to her odd way of making friends, she is an extremely strong ally. She is one of the only people who could take a full-force hit from Yarne. You met her after one of your weekly sessions during FFFH.

Thoughts about Leonard
"I find sparring with Leonard an educational experience. He has taught me many things I should try to prepare against, honor or not."
"Leonard is a good sparring partner, especially when he uses magic. It's good to have experience against many things and fighting against mages is something I endeavor to defend against."

Traits

Rally To Me! - Unique Trait inherited from Sully. When paired up with another individual or in a group of trusted allies, everyone is invigorated by Kjelle's morale.
Combat actions are more likely to succeed when Kjelle is joining the fray, doubly so for defenses against sieges.

Proficiencies and Skills

Lance - Intermediate
Cavalier Lance Fighting - Novice​

Riding - Novice
Heavy Armor Combat - Intermediate
Lone child of Olivia and Virion. The most flamboyant and flirtatious of the Future Children, he holds a seemingly carefree and otherwise aloof disposition. However, deeper examination reveals a young boy plagued by the traumas of losing his mother, one who wishes to hide it all with a faux smile and the pursuit of life's pleasures while secretly upholding Olivia's legacy as a dancer. You first met him during your first successfully completed FFFH session, where your actions and words motivated him to become stronger while providing him with some closure.

Thoughts about Leonard
"My rival in the matters of women? I will surpass him, that I vow as the one who shall woo all who hear my voice and name! ...I may need some assistance."
"He's a magician, yet he's stronger than me in ways I could never match. I will match him; his will, his determination, his experience, all of that. I... do not wish experience such a tragedy once more."

Traits

Dancer of Tragedy - Unique Trait inherited from Olivia. Allows the ability to reinvigorate an ally's morale, renew their spirits, distract enemies, and subsequently boosts a nearby ally's next attack roll by +5.
Distant Royal's Plea - Unique Trait inherited from Virion. Allows him a 'second wind' saving roll with regards to rolls involving politicking, diplomacy, and alliance creation actions.

Proficiencies and Skills

Sword - Novice
Bow - Novice

Light Armor Combat - Novice

Dancing - Intermediate
Dance of Tragedy - Novice​
A boy you see practicing and honing his magic skills. Most of the time, he's in the library doing some sort of research.
You don't really know this girl, but you have seen her around the castle from time to time.
You haven't met the boy yet, but you have seen him around the gardens.
A boy you frequently see in the medical bay, playing an instrument of some kind. Sometimes though, he's seen in the comforts of the garden.
First Generation Characters
First Generation Characters | Parents of the Future Children
The father of Yarne and husband of Panne the Beast. The creator of the infamous Fanatical Fitness Hour and personal guard of His Honor and Lordship, Chrom of Halidom Ylisse. Thinks of you as a nephew.
Mother of Severa, Loving wife of ?????. Leader of the Pegasus Flier Regiment and the strongest Pegasus Flier in all of Ylisse. Current Status: MIA/KIA.
The wife of ????? and mother of Kjelle. Co-captain of the Cavalry Rider Regiment, she is a woman who was born into a long line of knights. She is brash but always prepared to fight for Ylisse if necessary.
Mother of Owain, Wife of ??? ??, Sister of Chrom, and Princess of Ylisse. A war veteran cleric who has been in the Shepherds since its founding and isn't afraid to use an ax if an enemy approaches her. She's also a prankster who isn't afraid to target anyone, barring specific exceptions.
Wife of Virion and Mother of Inigo. A beloved dancer who captivated all with her performances, she was one who truly held the attention of all in such a pivotally monumental moment of clarity.
Current Status: KIA.
Husband of Olivia and Father of Inigo. Leading General of the Ylissean Archer Regiment and a man who has been a member of the Shepherds prior to the war with Plegia that occured. A scarily accurate shot with the bow and arrow, he's unafraid to aim for matters related to the heart, though that seems to have been tempered by the recent loss of his wife.

Events
These are objectives or missions that give rewards upon completion; rewards will vary depending on the difficulty of the event.
  • Sorcerer Issues - Part 1
    Find out why your father acts odd when somebody asks for help.
    Rewards: Unlocks the next part of this quest
    Names Are Important
    Find out who ???? is and how they are related to Robin.
  • Severe Situation
    Rewards:
    • 10 stat points to distribute into any stat that isn't over 15.
    • 10 training points to distribute into any skill or weapon.
    • Trait: Psychology and Psychiatry has leveled once from level one to level two. Will now provide +10 bonus to all social rolls instead of the original +5 bonus.
    • Severa Support Rank raised from C Rank (5/40) to C Rank (30/40) due to the conclusion of this event.

Last edited:
Quest Mechanics and Omake System
Quest Mechanics
[The Mechanics for this Quest]
Stats Sheet, Abilities, Traits, Skills, Weapon Proficiencies, and Inventory
  • The stats sheet seems self-explanatory but I'll explain it in case some people need it as a reference. The stats sheet displays your stats and class.

Class - Your class determines certain dice rolls to get bonuses in certain events. Example: Myrmidon gives a bonus to SPD and SKL, raising crit and double attack chance during combat.
    HP(Health) - The amount of health you have in battle. If you lose it all you either faint to awaken after the fight is over or die.
    STR(Strength) - The more strength you have, the more damage you do with weapons. Your total damage with a non-magical weapon is equal to STR + Weapon Might.
    MAG(Magic) - The more magic you have, the more damage you do with tomes. Your total magic damage with a tome is equal to MAG + Tome Might.
    SKL(Skill) - Skill improves a character's accuracy rate and critical damage rate. Criticals multiply the total damage you do by three after factoring in the enemy's respective defensive stats.
    SPD(Speed) - Having at least a Speed that is 5+ higher than your opponent allows you to Double them, which means that you may attack once again with the same dice roll. The Speed stat, along with increasing evade chance, also allows a character to double attack or be double attacked if their speed stat is higher or lower
    than the opponent they are battling by 5.
    LCK(Luck) - Luck is a stat that determines how lucky (or unlucky) a character is. Luck provides an overall marginal boost to combat and other miscellaneous dice rolls. (5 Luck =
    DEF(Defense) - Defense lowers the amount of damage you take from enemy weapon attacks by an amount equal to your DEF. Enemy STR + Enemy Weapon Damage - Your DEF. (Example: 10 STR + 2 MT - 8 DEF = -4 HP)
    RES(Resistance) - Resistance lowers the amount of damage from magical weapon attacks by an amount equal to your RES. Enemy MAG + Enemy Tome Damage - Your RES. (Example: 20 MAG + 2MT - 20 RES = -2 HP)
  • Abilities are modifiers/skills that you obtain from ranking up or promoting in certain Classes.
    Unlike skills, however, one does not simply obtain Abilities. A majority of Abilities are locked behind specific classes, while some others are only unlocked through specific Events or have certain requirements that need to be fulfilled.

• Traits are qualities that describe a character in some way and have a significant effect on the said character they are on. While they usually aren't magical in nature, some traits can be. Some traits can be trained further than what they currently are, while others are locked at a static level and cannot be upgraded past that point. Traits give bonuses and/or maluses on certain dice rolls and/or Events.

• Skills are subjects anyone can learn, If you know a skill exists, you can train it. Some skills have certain requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to start training them.

The 5 Ranks
    • Untrained - You are not trained in this skill or weapon. You have no clue what you are doing.
    • Novice - Your skill or weapon proficiency is improving, but it is not enough to be considered reliable on a large scale.
    • Intermediate - You are now considered competent and can be trusted to reliably perform with this skill or weapon.
    • Expert - You are extremely knowledgeable in this skill or weapon and are experienced in it. For tomes, you are able to use the spell without the tome with minor success.
    • Master - You have completely mastered this skill or weapon. You can teach others if they have the ability to learn said skill or weapon. For tomes, you are able to use the spell without the tome with major success.

To go from one tier to another, you need to reach a certain amount of points, like the support system. All skills and weapon proficiencies will start at untrained and at 0 training points. (There will be exceptions, such as your Psychology skill and the subjects you learned in school during your previous life.)

The normal way to gain points is to train with said skill or weapon. If you decide to train by yourself, I will roll a 2d50 for your training. However, certain actions, such as choosing to get training from your father, will net you around 20 points in a subject area.

Point Requisites for each Rank
    • Untrained to Novice - 15 training points
    • Novice to Intermediate - 30 training points
    • Intermediate to Expert - 60 training points
    • Expert to Master - 120 training points

Master is the highest point a skill can reach and you cannot increase past that. However, you are able to branch off to different skills. (Example: Science can branch off to Psychology, Alchemy, Biology, etc etc.)

You are able to get training points by doing certain events, completing certain goals, winning battles, and more. Once you reach a certain amount of training points, you are able to spend them in your home or a safe location.

• The inventory displays all of the items that you, Leonard, currently have in your possession. Some of these may be magical in nature, while some won't be magical. Rather, some could be sentimental in value or extremely expensive.

Items will give you a bonus in a certain stat check, events, combat actions, social actions, or something similar. Some items may grant access to places or interactions you previously couldn't access or do before.

Battle Mechanics

The mechanics of a battle are simple. I will roll a set of rolls for the combat action and, after calculating results including the bonuses/maluses/etc accordingly, write out the narrative with regards to said end result.

Initially, this quest ran on a system of hard numbers, but due to my dyscalculia fighting me on that front I've decided to forgo such an endeavor in favor of a more narratively driven questline.
Omake System

I sound really arrogant assuming someone will eventually write an Omake for this quest, but considering someone has already earned a reward, I'd say this is reasonable. Please note that these rewards are subject to change if I feel they are making the quest too easy or too difficult for you readers.

The best way for me to reward Omakes is by giving you training points or increasing a certain dice roll from its original result. Also, the only person who can spend omake points is the person who wrote the Omake. While training, for example, with your father will give less training points in terms of rewards if you keep training with him over and over again, Omake training points will stay as a flat bonus all around. The benefits of Omake will be based on the word length of it. Not really a good system, but it's a system nonetheless.

If you want to spend your points on increasing the success rate of a combat/social sction, you have to spend them before the roll is completed, and you can only increase it by a max of 20.

Rewards

250-Word Omakes - 2 points, +4 to a combat/social action roll.
500-1000 Word Omakes - 4 points, +8 to a combat/social action roll.
1000+ Word Omakes - 10 points, +20 to a combat/social action roll, or an interlude of your choice
(2 additional points per 500 words after 1000, minimum of one interlude every 10 updates)

If you want to spend your points, please be sure to @ me so I can see your message.

Rewarded Readers
@SeekerofDreams - 5 training points, 5 stat points, or +10 to any Dice Roll
@Ghostkiller1 - 10 training points, 10 stat points or +20 to any Dice Roll

Last edited:
Support System, All Current Supports, and Paralogue List
Support System
The support system in this quest is based on the one in the actual Fire Emblem games, but the way you earn the ranks are a little different. You earn support points for completing social actions, battle actions, or one-time events with certain characters.

Ways to Gain Support Points

Social Actions
Interactions that involve talking with other characters. Besides the typical free-talk options that are yearly, this also includes Paralogues, Support Conversations, and more to be described later.
Normal successful rolls will reward 10 points. Rolls that are natural crits will reward 15-20 points if you crit a social action roll.
Battle Actions
An action that is taken when you defeat an enemy(ies) with another character in combat. 5-15 Points per enemy defeated together, varying depending on how many are defeated and how powerful said enemies were.
A minimum requirement of C Rank Support is needed to start gaining support points.
Events
Events are objectives or missions that award various rewards. These are separate from Paralogues, Xenologues, and Support Conversations, though that isn't to say they're mutually exclusive.
Usually, they reward support points depending on if the objective requires you to help/interact with someone.
A minimum requirement of C Rank Support is needed to start gaining support points through this action, along with the corresponding Event itself.

The Support Ranks

There are four support ranks; C Rank, B Rank, A Rank, and finally, S Rank.

C Rank is the equivalent of an acquaintance/recently met friend. You just met them and don't know much about them besides their name and what they look like, among other things that might be public information otherwise.

B Rank is the equivalent of an amiable friend you know a good amount of. You don't know them fully quite yet, but you know a good deal of their interests and ideas for the future, along with some secrets. They are willing to have personal conversations with you and vice versa.

A Rank is the equivalent of a best friend/ally forged in war. You and this other person hold an incredible amount of trust and respect for each other. You know a lot about eachother and, chances are,

S Rank is the equivalent of a romantic partner/siblings/parents. Your relationship is essentially immovable and is set in stone. S Rank is only applicable to one set of two characters and is irreversible, but provides a major boost for certain events. The only exceptions to this rule are Sibling Supports and Parent-child Supports.

You will never instantly pass into S Rank and never go down a support rank once you pass it, but you can lose points.

The Support Ranks of other people can stack atop each other, potentially making certain combat/social action rolls much easier than they really should be.

Points Requirement For Each Support Rank
[Liable to change at any point in time]

C Rank
Requirements: 25 points.
Applies +3 to all battle and social action rolls involving the person with rank. Unlocks the ability to gain Support Points from Battle Actions and Events.
B Rank
Requirements: 50 Points.
Applies +5 to all battle and social action rolls involving the person with this rank. Unlocks the ability to pursue Paralogue-related storylines for a character.
A Rank
Requirement: 75 Points, Paralogue completed, C rank Support event, and B rank Support event Completed
Applies +7 to all battle and social action rolls involving the person with this rank. Unlocks a special Event mission related to a character.
S Rank
Requirement: 100 points, A rank Support completed, S rank Support completed, certain actions taken.
Applies +10 to all battle and social action rolls involving the person with this rank. In addition, effectively cuts Support Point demerits by half. Unlocks a special combo attack/maneuver with whoever you have S Rank with.

Leonard's Support Ranks With People

Your Father
A Rank (Locked)
+7 bonus to all social and battle rolls with him accompanying you. As you are Henry's son, you may ask him to teach you about or give you lessons on various magic.
Severa
B Rank - 0/75 to A Rank
+5 bonus to all social and battle rolls with her accompanying you. Unlocked her Paralogue, her C rank, and B rank Support conversation events.
Yarne
No Rank - 5/25 to C Rank
+0 bonus to all social and battle rolls with him accompanying you.
Cynthia
C Rank - 25/50 to B Rank
+3 bonus to all social and battle rolls with her accompanying you.
Lucina
C Rank - 42/50 to B Rank
Kjelle
C Rank - 20/50 to B Rank
Noire
C Rank - 20/50 to B Rank
Owain
C Rank - 5/50 to B Rank
+3 bonus to all social and battle rolls with him accompanying you.
Inigo
C Rank - 15/50 to B Rank
+3 bonus to all social and battle rolls with him accompanying you.

Paralogue List

Henry's Paralogue - Dangerous Secrets
Details: "When you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself. Yet, they linger, festering deep within like a curse. Survive long enough, and perhaps they may reveal themselves."
Severa/Future Cordelia's Paralogue - Burden of Imperfect Perfection
Details: "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it, young moon. Attain excellence, and then you will see the infallibility of such an ideal."

Last edited:
[X][Ph.D.] Psychology and Psychiatry (Unlocks ?, raises ?)

Psychology seems interesting.

[X][Sex] Girl

Girl because male is more likely based on my own previous quest experience.

[X][YOB] 746 AM

A nice middle year, I can almost certainly say just from the year that I'm unfamiliar with the setting, but we'll see how it pans out.

A nice middle year, I can almost certainly say just from the year that I'm unfamiliar with the setting, but we'll see how it pans out.
Well the world I'm using doesn't have really a specific time period named (which is kind of weird tbh), so I decided to make one up. The A in AM means After, but the real question is after what?

I will say that the fandom had a bit of a resurgence in the past couple of months and the next chapter should provide some clues as to where you are.

[X][Ph.D.] Data Analysis and Geography (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
[X][Sex] Girl
[X][YOB] 746 AM

[][Sex] Boy
[][YOB] 744 AM

Science!!! and an early start. Physics cause it's possibly a magic work and hopefully that means physics can be used to create high effect spells through understanding natural phenomena... maybe? Early start cause it means more prep time and boy cause it looks like a early time period, so boys usually had more rights unless its an amazon-type society.

edit: Is it rwby? Cause that has souls and no time stamp as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:
[][Ph.D.] Medical and Clinical Science (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
Just hearing that this is in the medieval period makes me want to pick this.

[][Ph.D.] Psychology and Psychiatry (Unlocks ?, raises ?)
Again, medieval period and those medieval politicking.

Probably the fastest way to get back to modern living standards in terms of tech.

[][Ph.D.] Data Analysis and Geography (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
If you want to show up those currently commanding on how to deal with wars and resource related things, I guess.

[][Ph.D.] Modern Arts and Dance (Unlocks ?, raises ?)
Introducing culture, I guess? Social butterfly?

[][Ph.D.] Ecology and Conservation (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
Kind of like the forth option, but more specialized towards the latter.

[][Ph.D.] Business and Management (Unlocks ?, raises ? & ?)
Another means to making your territory thrive like the first and third options, but also helpful if you get thrown out on your ass for some reason.

[][Ph.D.] Modern Language and Linguistics (Unlocks ?, raises ?)
...I can only guess thing lets us pick up the language faster, getting us to interact with the world we are in sooner and that we will be dealing with foreigners a lot?

[X][Sex] Girl

[X][YOB] 746 AM

[X][Sex] Boy
[X][YOB] 744 AM

edit: Is it rwby? Cause that has souls and no time stamp as far as I'm aware.
Nope, not RWBY. Huh, didn't know they didn't have a timestamp. Kinda odd but whatever.

Though I will say this, you were brought here with some divine intervention.

Vote Closed:

Flipping coin for Birth Date and Gender.

1 is 744 AM
2 is 746 AM

1 is Girl
2 is Boy
Adhoc vote count started by ItzNarcotic on Sep 3, 2019 at 8:47 PM, finished with 15 posts and 8 votes.
ItzNarcotic threw 1 2-faced dice. Reason: Coin Flip 1 Total: 1
1 1
ItzNarcotic threw 1 2-faced dice. Reason: Coin Flip 2 Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
2: Hello, World!
[X][Sex] Boy
[X][Ph.D.] Psychology and Psychiatry (Unlocks ?, Raises ?)
[X][YOB] 744 AM

You were always going to be an intelligent person. That was prominent when you had gotten accepted into Stanford in your previous life.

So, it was no surprise that in about 6 months, you relearned how to walk without falling onto your behind. And in 3 months, you were able to speak again.

When you got to that point, there was an important decision to make. You had no clue how fast kids were supposed to learn things, or at least how fast normal kids were supposed to learn things. What you did know was that a two-year-old should not be able to speak as though they were an aristocrat in the high court.

Unfortunately, unless you accidentally skimmed through your Psychology studies in class, there were no dedicated sections to the mind of the average baby after their initial birth.

Therefore, with that in mind, you would…

[][Intelligence] Never speak. You can't reveal how smart you are if you never speak, right?
[][Intelligence] Act as if you were a regular one-year-old baby. You won't really be an 'average' baby, but you'll try your best to not raise suspicion around yourself.
[][Intelligence] Don't hide your intelligence. You are the smartest baby around the castle and you are proud of it!
[][Intelligence] Write-in

Then, of course, there were your parents.

You had both a father and mother, but apparently, your mother was always busy taking care of your sister. So, your father decided to keep and raise you.

You don't exactly remember your mother too well, with the zero amount of interactions you've had with her, but you did your absolute best to make sure that you were as small a burden as possible on your loving father. Well, as small a burden that a baby to a parent can get, anyways.

If you had to describe your father, you would describe him as the best father, doing everything he could to make sure that you lived a loving and happy life in spite of the lack of a second parental figure to look up to.

Although you were initially reluctant to accept him as your father, you just couldn't block him out due to the sheer amount of care and affection that he buried you with.

Oddly enough, you didn't know what your father did for his job. He always went out at random times of the day and would leave you with a castle maid.

It didn't really bother you, but you did wonder what his job really was.

You would always hear the sound of crows when he left, and he would always whisper something along the lines of "Ugh, more of them! I made sure I killed enough to deter them all..." before reluctantly heading off to wherever he went.

Of course, he would always give you a kiss on the forehead and tell you that he would be back after he "finished killing all those pesky warmongers once more", as if that made it obvious as to what his job was.

Additionally, for some reason or another, he never talked about your mother. You didn't know if he had a problem with her or she had a problem with him, but regardless of their lover's quarrel you desperately needed to know one thing.

You had to know just why your mother had to take your sister away. If you had been born without an adult brain or perhaps had been more ignorant about things, you could've forgotten about the matter entirely.

Yet, you couldn't. Everytime you slept, you dreamt about the sibling that you had but never knew, alongside the mother who took her away.

It tore away at you, knowing that you had a sister who maybe didn't even know that she had a brother. That she was missing a crucial and vital part of her life simply because of the actions of her mother.

Despite those problems that plagued you, your father always smiled with unusually cheerful gaiety, his grey eyes and short ash-white hair abnormally vibrant in the face of it all.

And honestly? You didn't want it any other way.

Eventually, your father had to go back to his 'job', leaving your four-year old self alone in the castle.

Occasionally, a maid would come by and check on you to make sure you weren't doing anything you weren't supposed to do. But surprisingly, no one came by today. Perfect for the plan you wanted to execute since the day your curiosity about your father's work peaked.

Slightly opening the door to your father's room, you let out a cheer in your mind. Ecstatic that you could finally explore the room without anyone interrupting you, you slowly walked over to your father's desk.

Getting onto the chair, you could see that there were four different colored books laying across his workspace, each with their own distinctive colors and, strangely, auras to them.

The first book you took notice of was a red book. It radiated a feeling of warmth, yet exuded a sense of destruction. Dragging it across the table, you laid it out in front of you before looking at another book.

The second book you saw was a green book. It was like the opposite of the orange book, radiating a cold, yet protective aura. Hesitantly, you put it down, even if you desperately wanted to open it and see what was written within the pages.

You turned your gaze over to the third book, a yellow book. With this book, it felt as if you could reach up and pierce the heavens themselves. Reluctantly, you placed the yellow book down and examined the fourth and final book.

It was completely different from the other books, being purple in color. But that wasn't what made it different. What made it different was the sheer power it emanated. Holding it in your hands, you felt like you would die just by that sense alone.

Yet, it just felt right to hold it. Like it was your birthright to do so. It was so hard to let go of it, to not hold it and make use of whatever power was within, but you eventually put it down.

Looking over these four books, you would decide to read the…
[][Book] Red Book. It feels warm and extremely comfortable. (Unlocks ?)
[][Book] Green Book. It feels cold, yet it feels like it protects you. (Unlocks ?)
[][Book] Yellow Book. It makes your hair rise up and you feel… weird. (Unlocks ?)
[][Book] Purple Book. It feels so wrong, yet so right to hold it. It was like you were meant to do so. (Unlocks ?)

Of course, the time would come that the dreaded but also equally exciting social interaction with others would arrive.

Unfortunately, that day was today.

Your father, having been given what was "a day off and away from the battlefield", wanted to bring you somewhere to play with other children.

Even though you wanted to stay inside your room and continue reading through the books within, your father was enthusiastic. Much more than usual.

It was strange, really. Rarely did you see such anticipation and excitement in his eyes, so you decided to go out to discover just what gave him that spark.

Walking along the cobblestone road with your father, you continued to mull over your thoughts before a finger flicked you on the forehead.

[][Name] Euclid
[][Name] Benjamin
[][Name] Kail
[X][Name] Leonard
[][Name] Write-In

"Come on, Leonard! You need to go out more! You can't just stay inside your room and mind all day!"

At your pout, he continued his good-intentioned advice in a lower tone of voice.

"Look, I know you want to read a lot, but you need to go out and make some friends," he stared at a group of adults walking nearby who waved at him, "you need someone to hang out with while I… go out and do my thing." He ended lamely, his cheerfulness replaced with an unwavering and extremely awkward tone.

You stared from behind your father's body, your gaze falling onto a courtyard filled with children and other adults.

A small smile inched onto your face, and you hesitantly nodded your head in acceptance. Surely, talking to a bunch of kids to make your father happy wouldn't be that hard...

Right?

He instantly beamed, his unsure expression replaced by his usual, happy-go-lucky grin.

"Great! Well, I'll be over here with my friends while you go and talk with the kids!" He finished with joy in his step, walking over to a group of adults and leaving you alone.

A moment of silence passed by as you realized that, yes, you weren't going to make any progress on the social department if you didn't take the initiative.

With that in kind, you began looking around, your analytical eyes falling onto a few potential soon-to-be friends.

On the far end of the courtyard, you noticed a red-haired girl sitting under a tree with a bored expression. Making friends with her was likely to be even more difficult than one would expect, but considering making friends was in itself a challenge, you might as well take the dive.

Nearby a banquet table, you witnessed a blonde-haired boy excitedly talking to a boy with grey hair, gesturing wildly as he posed in a dramatic fashion. Offhandedly, it reminded you of theatrical performances, with the dramatics and all that accompanied it.

Finally, there was a blue-haired girl talking to a cheerful, brown-haired girl with pigtails. They were familiar with eachother, if their casual conversation was anything to go by, though the girl with blue hair was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of excitement that was just waiting to burst from the other girl.

With your decision made, you decided to talk with...

[][Socialize] The red-haired girl sitting under the tree. She looks bored, so you should talk to her.
[][Socialize] The blonde-haired boy and the grey-haired boy. Hopefully, you can insert yourself into their conversation.
[][Socialize] The blue-haired girl and the cheerful brown haired girl with pigtails. The girl with blue hair seems a bit overwhelmed, so you might want to help her.

Votes for the next chapter:
  • Intelligence
  • Book
  • Name
  • Socialize

Note from QM:

Well, this took a little longer than usual to write. I got an assignment in the middle of writing the chapter out so that kind of impeded my writing time.

On the actual chapter, I gave a lot of things for you guys to vote on. Uh, whoops? I didn't mean to put too many in here, but it just happened this way. Also, I will do a three to four year timeskip for each chapter for the next two to three chapters, since a lot of things are going to happen during that time. The time will slow down though, when we pass your 'childhood'.

As a side note, I wonder if I gave enough clues for you guys to figure out where you are? I sure as hell thought I did, with the description of your father and all that. But then again, I'm the one writing this so maybe it's obvious to just me? If you think you've figured it out, then give me a mention and I'll see if it's correct.

Also, you are currently five years old, with you finding the books on your father's table at the age of four.

EDIT: 10/7/22, revised the flow of text in the chapter to make for a (hopefully) less painful reading experience.

Last edited:
[X][Intelligence] Act as if you were a regular one-year-old baby. You won't really be an 'average' baby, but you'll try your best to not raise suspicion around yourself.

This vote seems awfully familiar. Personally, I would go with blending in in a pre-modern setting. Unlike in a modern setting, standing out could be far riskier.

[X][Book] Yellow Book. It makes your hair rise up and you feel… weird. (Unlocks ?)

Birthright is such an overdone concept. It was between Gurren Lagann book and the green one, but even though abjuration is great, I don't think I want to do Frost magic.

[X][Name] Leonard

I can't help but notice that other than Kail, which I can't place, these names are all based off famous mathematicians and inventors, which is ironic considering the chapter I just posted.

[X][Socialize] The red-haired girl sitting under the tree. She looks bored, so you should talk to her.

I want to say this is Fairy Tail, but the girl can't be Erza because young Erza was trapped in the Tower of Heaven. That and I think that Fairy Tail has years that I would recognize. Still no idea on the setting.

[X][Intelligence] Act as if you were a regular one-year-old baby. You won't really be an 'average' baby, but you'll try your best to not raise suspicion around yourself.
[X][Book] Green Book. It feels cold, yet it feels like it protects you. (Unlocks ?)
[X][Name] Euclid
[X][Socialize] The red-haired girl sitting under the tree. She looks bored, so you should talk to her.

[X][Book] Green Book. It feels cold, yet it feels like it protects you. (Unlocks ?)
[X][Socialize] The blue-haired girl and the cheerful brown haired girl with pigtails. The girl with blue hair seems a bit overwhelmed, so you might want to help her.

[X][Book] Yellow Book. It makes your hair rise up and you feel… weird. (Unlocks ?)
[X][Name] Leonard
But does it make your hair poof out like a mane?

Well, the other two are paired, so might as well make it three pairs.

I want to say this is Fairy Tail, but the girl can't be Erza because young Erza was trapped in the Tower of Heaven. That and I think that Fairy Tail has years that I would recognize. Still no idea on the setting.
Fairy Tail would've been interesting to write as a quest, now that I think about it. You are right to guess a setting with magic, as this one has a prominent usage of magic. But it is not Fairy Tail. I will say, though, that this fandom has had quite a resurgence recently. Not this specific setting, but the fandom in general has.
But does it make your hair poof out like a mane?
If your hair was long enough, maybe. :V

Oh no... because we died we failed to take a class with Zimbardo... this is upsetting.

[X][Name] Aesop

My mind wandered into D. Gray-man but I don't really know much about that world anyway, and I'm certain that is wrong for the setting. Undead to fight, Medieval Setting, Nobility, Father has grey eyes, and white hair, and something to do with crows. Nothing super comes to mind to me at least but my knowledge pool is limited. Look forward to feeling dumb whenever someone discovers what we're in.

Back