...I am pleased, yay holy war casus belli!

Can't wait for turn 2, turn 1 was well written and engaging. :)

The falling snow-kissed your face as you leaned in closer to your father's statue, the tears that were falling from your eyes freezing to your cheeks. The world around you was dreary and gloomy, just as your life had become once he died.

You still remembered every emotion of his face as you sat next to him on the litter, his teeth gritting tight as he struggled not to scream, how dry his mouth became as he begged for more water just after drinking an entire bucket. The painful agony of his whispered cries still haunted your dreams. Unlike the screams that you could replace with dying Mongols, his screams kept reminding you of your own weakness.

Even with the cold biting your face and the snow kissing your cheeks and staying on your face, you knelt, head hung low. "Father... I'm sorry." You whispered. For a moment, the wind seemed to stop blowing, and you felt warmth on your cheeks as the snow started slowly melting down your face.
"Sorry Son, what was that? I couldn't hear you over your edgy teenager monologue."
"The Mongols, filthy mongrels who are not even worthy of respect of peace, have come to this land we call Mother and have defiled her women, stolen her goods, and murdered her sons! NO MORE! I SWEAR TO GOD AND ALL THE SAINTS OF WAR THAT I WILL NOT REST UNTIL ALL THE MONGOLS ARE DEAD BY MY HAND! I WILL SALT THEIR LANDS, BUTCHER THEIR HORSES, AND SLIDE THEIR ELDERS DOWN SPIKES TO SUFFER THE MOST AGONIZING DEATHS IMAGINABLE WHILE THEIR CHILDREN WATCH, BEFORE I BUTCHER THEM TOO! I WILL ERASE ALL THAT IS MONGOL FROM THE WORLD!"

Yeah, this ya'll gotta take with a big 'ole grain of humor. Hannibal we are not.

"Sorry Son, what was that? I couldn't hear you over your edgy teenager monologue."

Yeah, this ya'll gotta take with a big 'ole grain of humor. Hannibal we are not
1. True. But we are kind of an edgy teenager who just lost his father.

2. No we are not Hannibal. But we have the potential to be better. If we choose to follow through with our blood feud caucus beli.

Edit: and succeed in the wars that follow.

Last edited:
Suspicions
Suspicions

(Sandra POV)

The Emperor held the letter up to your face again. While the Emperor's grip still held the same strength that led him through numerous campaigns throughout his life, his empty blue eyes betrayed his frailty as they glared onto the paper. "The words promise loyalty, my daughter… but they also hide lies and falsehood." His tone frightened you, but you kept a brave face.

"Phillip, you must rest," Your tone was gentle, as you lead him by his arm to his bed where you laid him down. "You can deal with it after you rest." You gently took the letter out of his hand.

"No… I must!" Phillip protested, before he wheezedand coughed, his arms in his sheet. He took deep breaths as he pulled his sheets over his face. "Treason will be met with...death." Then his breaths slowed, and snores replaced his frantic breaths.

You sighed as you stood up and walked towards the door. "He's asleep now."

The door opened and your husband walked into the room and hugged you. "He called me his daughter again Alex…." The dam finally broke as you sobbed into your husband's chest. "It's getting worse. He sent an assassin."

You looked at the Emperor, now sleeping soundly on his bed, as a servant walked past you to put out the candles that still burned on his desk. It was barely visible, but the mark on his head, the wound that had healed a year ago… It was still affecting him.

Alex took your hand and led you through the palace, your guards slowly walking behind you. When you arrived at your quarters, Alex waved his hand and dismissed them. He then led you into your room and sat down at his desk, while you sat next to him. When he let go, he pulled ink and quill with a bit of parchment, but you snatched it away from him.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Trying to stop the agent he sent to the Frontier." You replied as you frantically wrote down the letter to send to the Emperor's spymaster. "He thinks that the boy prince is plotting treason and is going to kill him."

That made Alexander pause, before he pushed you over and finished the letter for you. "Godfrey would be more willing to read it if it were by my hand than yours."

"It doesn't matter who hand it was written in." You protested. "Your grandfather has to understand that if he orders the death of one of the Grand Princes without a trial, the other princes will rebel to save themselves."

"I know." Alexander sighed. "My grandfather hasn't been the same since the coup, he barely is conscious and when he is, all he sees are enemies or potential enemies… And his negligence of the frontier cannot be understated. There is barely five thousand men and however many the Rus can muster to stand against the Mongol horde. And he still sees the Eastern Legions." Alexander moved a candle closer to the parchment to dry the ink. "That warlord that is rampaging through Mali and its gold mines are the only thing the House of Lords care about right now."

"So what do we do? The House of Lords won't allow you to send any more troops to the east to shore up its defenses and your grandfather is unstable, but no one wants to remove him from power because of the last coup." You asked. You were lucky that Alexander was not implicated in the plot. Too much would have been lost if he had.

"We'll take our time, and hopefully he'll pass in his sleep. Then we can work on stopping whatever damage that he might have caused in his last months alive." Alexander said as he felt the dried ink on the parchment. "Let's just hope this can can get to him in time."

Reward: There's an assassin out to kill you, and there will be an assassination miniturn next turn to see if you survive or not.

An: enjoy

Reward: There's an assassin out to kill you, and there will be an assassination miniturn next turn to see if you survive or not.

Ah yes. The senile old king ruining the land around him and ordering random execution on flimsy pretenses.

Anybody else feel like our protagonist might just decide to swear another oath to take over/break the Empire?:V

Well fuck.

I really hope we won't die on the second turn just because of bad luck. Good thing we're already paranoid I guess.
Anybody else feel like our protagonist might just decide to swear another oath to take over/break the Empire?:V
It can't be a proper CK II game without plotting against one's liege so count me in :V
I'm agree but first, conquer mongols. After, we will can invade the empire with or hordes of Russian horse archers :p
Not just horse archers.

Bear cavalry.

Let's make it an actual thing :V

Ah yes. The senile old king ruining the land around him and ordering random execution on flimsy pretenses.

I for one am voteing for it, but for the ENTIRE royal dynasty. IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, IN THE NAME OF THE SON! IN THE NAME OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY IN THE WORLD!

Last edited:
The senile old king ruining the land around him and ordering random execution on flimsy pretenses
Um.. he's not senile, just suffering from terrible head trauma from the last time people tried to overthrow him, which is making him not think rationally and that most everyone must be plotting against him.

It can't be a proper CK II game without plotting against one's liege so count me in :V
The more the merrier!:)

Not just horse archers.

Bear cavalry.

Let's make it an actual thing :V
...Do you really think our character would be crazy enough to not just train a bear so it's safe enough to ride and not get mauled by it, but also put plate armor on it and ride it into battle like some crazy Russian god of war?:V

Last edited:
Um.. he's not senile, just suffering from terrible head trauma from the last time people tried to overthrow him, which is making him not think rationally and that most everyone must be plotting against him.

The more the merrier!:)

...Do you really think our character would be crazy enough to not just train a bear so it's safe enough to ride and not get mauled by it, but also put plate armor on it and ride it into battle like some crazy Russian god of war?:V

text

Oh... I keep on forgetting this place runs off of batshit insane ideas that should not possibly work but they do and make the QM cry.
Dynasty quests must have world-shaking bullshit with their player characters and nations. Be it science, military, economics, magic, or whathave you, it's just not right if you're not the key decision maker.;)

YES

We'll probably need the help of our most trusted adviser, Glitterhoof, tho :V

And yeah, Wojtek is great. He was, after all, a corporal. We can totally do similar thing and create a Bear Cavalry. Plus being known as that one mad guy in history who thought taming bears and using them as horses is a good idea and succeed doing this, is an enticing premise.

Plus being known as that one mad guy in history who thought taming bears and using them as horses is a good idea and succeed doing this, is an enticing premise.
Well, this is an alternate universe earth... I'll keep my mind open and see where in the notes it could become narratively possible and action worthy.

And yeah, Wojtek is great. He was, after all, a corporal. We can totally do similar thing and create a Bear Cavalry. Plus being known as that one mad guy in history who thought taming bears and using them as horses is a good idea and succeed doing this, is an enticing premise.

To reward the bears for their cooperation. We will make their lord Voivode of all bears. Polish had the first caporal bear, we will have the first voiode bear.

Back