An Unusual Abnormality - Redux (A Lobotomy Corporation x ??? Interactive Quest)

OOC: Not sure if Okuu is this birdbrained or if I'm flanderizing but here goes
On Geburah:

>"Oh."
>"Are many abnormalities capable of... higher thought? That's when they can talk like us right?"

On Bed Construction:

>"I found this Balloon Thing!"

Last edited:
Day 1.48
//Last parse for now.
//Thinking of taking a break from this for most of tomorrow (Technically today since it's 2 AM here) to devote more time to breaking past some minor writer's block on my RWBYxTerraria quest as well as a different quest I'm running on SpaceBattles. Will resume parsing in the late evening or after I update Of Aura and Corruption, whichever comes first.

OOC: Not sure if Okuu is this birdbrained or if I'm flanderizing but here goes
On Geburah:

>"Oh."
>"Are many abnormalities capable of... higher thought? That's when they can talk like us right?"
>"There are several that are capable of speech or telepathic communication, yes."

On Bed Construction:

>"I found this Balloon Thing!"
>"Balloon thing?" her expression shifts beneath the bandages. You think she might be raising an eyebrow, but it could just as easily be some weird squint or twitch... "If it's a deflated rectangular item with felt on one side, that would be the mattress."

>"Well... what's the Sephirah of this department like?"
>"She's... kinda not that popular... she keeps coming up with programs to help reduce the number of employee deaths, in-containment screwups, and loss of sanity, but the programs don't tend to help much... For example, a little bit before you showed up, she had this counseling program to help with employees' mental health, but she would prescribe small doses of raw Enkephalin to help with the treatment, so naturally people started signing up to get high, and after a couple of drug-induced suicides somebody in upper management ordered her to stop the program..."
>She sighs.
>"I know she means well, but she really needs to find better ways to help us..."
>_

> Start assembling the bed according to the set of pictographic instructions on paper. Carefully follow each step without skipping any. Keep the parts organized so nothing gets lost.

Last edited:
OOC: I've got some ideas for IC explanations for Okuu to stay inside the facility. Like her thinking of herself as lost and you're supposed to stay in one place if you're lost. Or her getting fascinated enough with the concept of Enkephalin to want to try building a different reactor in the form of a hotel/boarding house for Youkai when Satori shows up to bring her back to Gensokyo so she's trying to figure out how the place works(Okuu wouldn't know this but Satori would need to rouse Yukari to make that happen). I'm not sure about the viability of an Escape from Butcher Bay style story here either: The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Wikipedia. Maybe Penny would have enough Electronic Warfare capability to pull it off but not Okuu.

The outside world in the LCverse is like Shadowrun only worse/having more horror elements. Okuu is not savvy enough to fare well out there I bet.

Day 1.49
//Managed to push out an update for my other quest so back to business as usual.

> Start assembling the bed according to the set of pictographic instructions on paper. Carefully follow each step without skipping any. Keep the parts organized so nothing gets lost.
Utsuho can build a bed:
65 (Needed: 40)

//is it bad that I was actually hoping for a crit fail here?
>You follow the instruction booklet, thankfully it's relatively easy to understand, so you're able to get the bed frame together without much issue. You also find it somewhat relaxing to twirl the little L-shaped rod -- which you now know is some kind of wrench -- to get the screws in... You're starting to realize why those Kappa people like building things... Though you still don't understand the cucumber thing with them...

>While you were doing this, Alyssa chipped in by turning on the air compressor thingy and inserting the hose into the deflated mattress. It was kinda cool to watch it slowly inflate into something more recognizable.

>The buzzer goes off as the two of you are putting the mattress on the bedframe, signalling the end of the session.
>_

On assembling the bed:
>"That was neat."

On Hod and Mental Health(I don't think Okuu would get it as a concept without taking it from the top):
>"Going crazy... it's fun for a while but then you realize you misunderstood whatever the snake god lady was telling you and it's embarrassing. Like that crazy guy who opened my door thinking I was going to go crazy. Going crazy seems to happen a lot, and if this place is supposed to be a super reactor, how can you run it if everybody's crazy? The energy yields are probably an order of magnitude below what they could be or something. If I get back to Gensokyo maybe I should try a reactor/boarding house hybrid thing. Everybody gets a lot of electricity just from talking to each other. I need to know how this place works though first."

On Hugs:
>Let's not do hugs yet.

Last edited:
Day 1.50
On assembling the bed:
>"That was neat."
>"Definitely went smoother than I anticipated." Alyssa agrees.

On Hod and Mental Health(I don't think Okuu would get it as a concept without taking it from the top):
>"Going crazy... it's fun for a while but then you realize you misunderstood whatever the snake god lady was telling you and it's embarrassing. Like that crazy guy who opened my door thinking I was going to go crazy. Going crazy seems to happen a lot, and if this place is supposed to be a super reactor, how can you run it if everybody's crazy? The energy yields are probably an order of magnitude below what they could be or something. If I get back to Gensokyo maybe I should try a reactor/boarding house hybrid thing. Everybody gets a lot of electricity just from talking to each other. I need to know how this place works though first."
>"Well not everyone's crazy all the time..." Alyssa replies, "And it's not as simple as simply talking to each other. It'll... take a bit to explain it all... and I really should get going before I risk disciplinary action for staying longer than I'm supposed to for this session."

> Give Alyssa a hug
>"Bye. See you later!"
On Hugs:
>Let's not do hugs yet.
>"Tell Archer I said hi."
>Despite having the perfect opportunity for that hug you've been wanting, you restrain yourself and say a simple goodbye instead.
>"Goodbye, and I will." Alyssa smiles slightly, before leaving the room.

>You are now alone in a slightly less empty room.
>_

> Try sleeping now.
> The early worm gets the bird after a-wait...that doesn't sound right...

I saw someone post a comment comparing it to Warhammer 40K. Specifically, and I quote, "The City is basically Commorragh with Necron-tech"

From what we've seen so far from Library of Ruina, it seems to fit. The City does seem like it runs on human suffering after all...

Day 2.1
>Bird Form
> Make a nest out of the sheets and blanket. See if that's any better.
> Try sleeping now.
> The early worm gets the bird after a-wait...that doesn't sound right...
>You turn into your bird form and use your beak to shape the sheets and blanket into a rough nest. It's pretty cozy despite the fact that you prefer your humanoid form.
>You then drift off to sleep, recalling some saying that you probably misremembered...

>Have a dream where the people who work here praise you for solving incidents.
>...

>You are on top of a podium, with a bright spotlight shining on you. Within moments you notice Alyssa walking towards you with the largest medal you've ever seen.
>"Thank you so much for helping Okuu!" she gives you a large smile, "In recognition of you help, we're happy to bestow this medal for 'Best Incident Solver' upon you!"
>Your eyes widen in elation as the blindfolded woman places the gold medal around your neck, and you happily flap your wings as the crowd cheers for you. As you take in the applause, you are suddenly approached by Archer, who embraces you in a big hug.
>"You're the best, Okuu!" he smiles as the warmth from the hug spreads through you.

>It's then that you hear footsteps behind you. As you turn around, you are overcome with joy to see that none other than Satori-sama is standing there, looking upon you with immense amounts of pride.
>"Utsuho" she sniffles with tears of joy, "I cannot express how proud I am of you..."
>"Mister hat and I are proud of you too!" Koishi's voice rings out from your left. You didn't notice her walk in, but you're glad she's here nonetheless.
>"MEOW!" Orin, in cat form, cries out, before rubbing against your legs and purring.

>Soon a crowd of the people in the orange suits grab ahold of you, and you suddenly find yourself crowdsurfing over them as they chant "Okuu!" over and over. Eventually, you end up at a table where a group of Sweepers who you've beaten up earlier are gingerly holding teacups in their hands, ready to party.
>BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

>...

>You wake up to the sound of the buzzer, feeling like you had a really good sleep.
>_

Last edited:
Employee Visualizations - Alyssa and Archer
Came across some Character Creators for LobCorp on the LobCorp reddit. Behold Alyssa and Archer.

Edit: Updated Archer's Pic.
This reminds me, what does Utsuho look like to the manager with the Cognition Filter applied to her?

Last edited:
Day 2.2
Came across some Character Creators for LobCorp on the LobCorp reddit. Behold Alyssa and Archer.
This reminds me, what does Utsuho look like to the manager with the Cognition Filter applied to her?
//Whoa, these are actually pretty good. Alyssa actually looks very close to what she was, only the hairstyle and tone being different, but I like your imagining of it much better!
//Above is a screencap I took of her shortly after the hell that was the Binah Core Suppression so I could remember her as the hero she was lol. I unfortunately don't have one of Archer because Alyssa was literally the only person to survive that day (Had to reset to day 1 after taking that sceenshot. Could've gone for the repository, but I wanted to pick different abnormalities throughout the whole facility because I still have Hokma's Suppression to deal with and I had a few problem abnormalites that could make it significantly harder...)

//As for your visualization of Archer, it lines up pretty well with what I remember, but he does have the Funeral of Dead Butterflies suit rather than the default suit.

//EDIT: Actually, mind if I threadmark that?
-----------------------------------------------------
>Get up and make yourself presentable.
>Inspect the door to see whoever is entering through it.
>You get up and shift back to your preferred form, taking a moment to preen yourself before glancing at your visitor.
>It's Alyssa.

>"Good morning." she speaks, "I've been assigned Instinct work this morning, so my visit will be brief."
>_

Last edited:
>"Good morning!"
>"Instinct? A breakfast would be nice, I suppose... I don't know what else falls under instinct."
>"Does instinct work include hugs?"

/I don't think we actually had what exactly instinct work is, in-story, as much as I'd rather not waste text segments on infodumps.

Day 2.3
>"Good morning!"
>"Instinct? A breakfast would be nice, I suppose... I don't know what else falls under instinct."
>"Does instinct work include hugs?"
>She hesitates for a moment, "Well most work that involves physical contact with the abnormality does fall under Instinct..."

>"How's the day been so far for you?"
>"It just started for us. We're starting to gather our energy quota for the day right now."

>"Do I have to be in my bird form as well for Instinct work?"
>"You can if you want to." she shrugs before the wall panel opens to reveal a tray of cooked meat.
>_

Back