Ad Astra ex Lutum

[X]Plan Winning The Peace Cheaply

Oops! All Infra! I think would be a mistake losing us 2 millions veterans in the army that will be hard to replace once they're back in the civilian economy.

Last edited:
I am voting for every plan that has both Curach garrison and disaster relief in them. (The disaster relief may be not strictly necessary, though nice)

So,

[X] Plan Oops! All Infra!

[X]Plan Tired From TV (So no Sats for you)
-[x]Formally Resign
-[x]Civilian Recommendations
-[x]Hard Cutbacks
-[x]Four Million Army
-[x]Return Pre-War Standards
-[x]Peacetime Army
-[x]Domestic Competitiveness Programs
-[x]Technical Jobs Programs
-[x]Forex (-350B Or)
--[x]Refined Material Sales
--[x]Cryptographic Currency Program
--[x]Mass Media Sales
--[x]Foreign Student Funding
--[x]Hire Technical Professionals
--[x]Hire Professors
--[x]Textbook and Database Contracts
--[x]Itzcuih Class Courier Craft
-[x]Space Infrastructure (-150B)
--[x]Restart Orbital Cleaning Efforts
-[x]Groundside (-1250B after civgov deals)
--[x]Civilian-Military Partnerships
--[x]Expanded Military Scholarships
--[x]Formalized Tech Transfers
--[x]Superconductor Plants
--[x]Inertial Fusion Test Facility
--[x]Optical Computing Programs
--[x]Dedicated Military-Electronics Plants
--[x]Next Generation HEA Plants
--[x]High Throughput CNT Production
--[x]Curach Garrison Program
--[x]Reorganization of Disaster Relief

[x]Plan Babe, I Can Quit Gambling Anytime
-[x]Formally Resign
-[x]Civilian Recommendations
-[x]Hard Cutbacks
-[x]Four Million Army
-[x]Return Pre-War Standards
-[x]Peacetime Army
-[x]Domestic Competitiveness Programs
-[x]Technical Jobs Programs
-[x]Forex (-150B)
--[x]Cryptographic Currency Program
--[x]Mass Media Sales
--[x]Foreign Student Funding
--[x]Hire Technical Professionals
--[x]Hire Professors
--[x]Textbook and Database Contracts - Aquisition of these would depend on if Media Sales pan out (less netflix sales, less textbook purchases)
-[x]Space (-150B)
--[x]Restart Orbital Cleaning Efforts
-[x]Groundside (-1500B after civgov deals)
--[x]Civilian-Military Partnerships
--[x]Expanded Military Scholarships
--[x]Formalized Tech Transfers
--[x]Superconductor Plants
--[x]Inertial Fusion Test Facility
--[x]Optical Computing Programs
--[x]Dedicated Military-Electronics Plants
--[x]Next Generation HEA Plants
--[x]High Throughput CNT Production
--[x]Curach Garrison Program
--[x]Reorganization of Disaster Relief
--[x]Department 4 Consolidation
--[x]Department 6 Expansion

Both of these plans are modified "Plan Winning The Peace" of Adronio's making. Both take garrison and disaster relief at cost of dropping satellites. Xecond one also takes both departments at cost of dropping rare earth exports and diploboat purchase, and makes textbook purchase dependant on how mass media sales would pan out.

+ (disaster-less plans)

[X]Plan Winning The HEAs Cheaply

Last edited:
I am voting for every plan that has both Curach garrison and disaster relief in them.
I understand the Curach garrison, but why disaster relief? We had word from @Blackstar that not doing disaster relief ourselves just means we tell the civilian government that the military needs to focus on other priorities and then they form a civilian organization to take over the role instead, not that no one does that work.

And with the Seelie actually on the interstellar maps now, the military does very much have other priorities.

I think it probably is a good idea to keep the disaster relief mission and avoid the political hit, given that we want every advantage we can get in the coming internal political strife.

I think it probably is a good idea to keep the disaster relief mission and avoid the political hit, given that we want every advantage we can get in the coming internal political strife.

Political support is about the current governments support of us. If the government is who we expect them to be after the election, they'll accept us not doing disaster relief with no fuzz whatsoever because we are giving them everything they want otherwise. And they will in fact enthusiastically support us fighting against fascism, as they did before the war.

If the fascists manage to win we are extremely far up shit creek and they won't give a fuck if we're doing disaster relief or not.

To clarify regarding the disaster relief word of Blackstar that Chimeraguard mentioned, here is the relevant quote on what we would do in event of not taking the option:

I understand the Curach garrison, but why disaster relief? We had word from @Blackstar that not doing disaster relief ourselves just means we tell the civilian government that the military needs to focus on other priorities and then they form a civilian organization to take over the role instead, not that no one does that work.

And with the Seelie actually on the interstellar maps now, the military does very much have other priorities.

I think it would be useful to keep the branch that probably was responsible for population evacuations during the war, preparation of bunker shelters and such, under the military umbrella.

Sure, in case of another invasion it would be transferred under military control probably, but it still would work better if it has day-to-day interoperability with milittary and so on.

Also, if it would be necessary for the civilian government to reorganize the disater refief arm during the said dusaster it is not very timely.

---

Though... Ok, I can drop the disater thing in a pinch (I still think it would be useful to have, but not absolutely necessary unlike garrison).

Last edited:
[X] Plan Winning The Peace
We demanded a lot of sacrifices and we need to start delivering something for that.

Although I'm worried about staying on reduced army benefits after we ran so many elves into an alien wood chipper. Giving the veterans a pay cut seems like the kind of thing they will really resent.

Last edited:
Although I'm worried about staying on reduced army benefits after we ran so many elves into an alien wood chipper. Giving the veterans a pay cut seems like the kind of thing they will really resent.
It's not actually a pay cut, the pay cut already happened when we ballooned the army size from like, 900k-2 million to 22-24 million for the war. It's the same level of pay that they were on for the entire war.

The plan is to raise it next budget cycle when the economy isn't actively collapsing.

Last edited:
This plan cuts back the military to 2 million, but maintains regular exercises. The money freed up is used to rapidly establish orbital infrastructure, including building an orbital launch ring, and significant amounts of economic investment, achieving every combined government program except for Redevelopment of Terrestrial Infrastructure (Missing only Pre-Construction of Orbital Components)

Spreadsheet used to calculate costs here
Remaining Budget: 150B Or, 60M XCU

[X] Plan Orbital Economy
-[X] Formally Resign
-[X] Civilian Recommendations
-[X] Hard Cutbacks
-[X] Military Choices
--[X] Two Million Army
--[X] Return Pre-War Standards
--[X] Exercising Army
-[X] Government Programs
--[X] Domestic Competitiveness Programs
--[X] Technical Jobs Programs
-[X] Foreign Exchange
--[X] Refined Material Sales
--[X] Cryptographic Currency Program
--[X] Foreign Student Funding
--[X] Hire Technical Professionals
--[X] Hire Professors
--[X] Textbook and Database Contracts
--[X] Itzcuih Class Courier Craft
-[X] Space Infrastructure
--[X] Orbital Launch Ring
--[X] Re-Establishment of Orbital Shuttles
--[X] Restart Orbital Cleaning Efforts
--[X] Recolonization of the Inner Moon
--[X] Establishment of Orbital Manufacturing
--[X] Restoration of Satellite Networks
-[X] Groundside Infrastructure
--[X] OFAC to AFCC Yard Conversions
--[X] Expanding Trade Infrastructure
--[X] Reorganization of Disaster Relief
--[X] Curach Garrison Program
--[X] Department 4 Consolidation
--[X] Department 6 Expansion
--[X] Civilian-Military Partnerships
--[X] Expanded Military Scholarships
--[X] Formalized Tech Transfers
--[X] Superconductor Plants
--[X] Inertial Fusion Test Facility
--[X] Optical Computing Programs
--[X] Dedicated Military-Electronics Plants
--[X] Next Generation HEA Plants
--[X] High Throughput CNT Production
--[X] Expansion of Inventory Management Systems
--[X] Consolidation of Weapons Plants

[X] Plan Oops! All Infra!

Last edited:
So we are not worried about some of the transfers will leak our stuff because it is not really notable tech for other aliens or what?

[X]Plan Winning The HEAs Cheaply
So we are not worried about some of the transfers will leak our stuff because it is not really notable tech for other aliens or what?
More because for every tech they get we're stealing like ten more from them, tech dispersal is inevitable and it's worth more to leech from the literal superpower than to try to keep the few techs we have from them. We can just get more, after all, and it'll be easier to do that the better fundamentals we have, from all the tech transfers, for example. Stuff like QCs are probably worth keeping ahold of, but those I don't think are currently in danger anyway.

There's a fair bit of our tech that would genuinely be of interest for the aliens (3d printers, automation, optical/quantum computing, cheaper superconductors, etc) I think people are basically just resigned to the fact that it's inevitable leaks are gonna happen eventually unless we go full north korea maxxing

Back