Abstergo Bay (Worm/Assassin's Creed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for concurrent assassinations to prevent concentrated force :p

One of Mercurial's standard anti-Abstergo weapons is a modular rifle. Sniper rifle to assault rifle to recoilless rifle, with multiple types of ammunition for each.

So, from what I'm reading, something like this?

[x]Prepare escape vehicle
[x]Colfax to cause distraction to lure some guards away
[x]Chris hit Jane with the recoilless rifle shot
[x]We go in to confirm the kill
[x]GTFO

I'm still laughing at you using an anti-tank weapon here. I have no idea why it's so funny.

So, from what I'm reading, something like this?

[x]Chris hit Jane with the recoilless rifle shot
[x]We go in to confirm the kill
[x]GTFO
Why do we need to confirm the kill?

FFS, unless she has a Brute rating or 3 inch armored glass, the ME'll need a soup can to carry her to the morgue.

She's not a Scion-cape.
She may well have a POE but she wouldn't be stupid enough to keep that anywhere as unsecured as her office.

Why do we need to confirm the kill?

FFS, unless she has a Brute rating or 3 inch armored glass, the ME'll need a soup can to carry her to the morgue.

This is correct. Recoilless rifles were designed as anti-tank weapons.

Chris built one because of fucking course he did.

Fixed

[x]Chris hit Jane with the recoilless rifle shot, twice to be sure.
[x]We use project watch_dog cameras to confirm the kill using CSI magic
[x]GTFO, to Yakuza/Allied territory

Last edited:
[x]Chris hit Jane with the recoilless rifle shot, twice to be sure.
[x]We use project watch_dog cameras to confirm the kill using CSI magic
[x]GTFO

I think what everyone means by GTFO is get to friendly territory where your allies can shoot at them. I'll edit the post to reflect this.

Just making sure. Wouldn't want something to just get conveniently misinterpreted against us...

{I'm still laughing at using a miniature cannon on an unarmed office, but let's do it.}

Guy_Fawkes32
Really, Orcus?
This is your plan?
You'll have to do something else too.
Make it a statement.
Find some way to tell the Templars that this is the best they can expect if they plan to keep Brockton Bay.
I'm sure you'll think of something.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris straps his modular rifle to his back, carrying the necessary mods for both a sniper rifle and the anti-tank weapon he suggested you use against Jane Birkham.

You questioned it at first. Being able to collect information on the Templars on her computer would have been useful. In the end, everyone else convinced you the big boom was the best idea.

Colfax headed to the docks a few hours before to make sure Lung knew you'd be dropping by afterwards. Lisa went to get Tenebrae; he runs a taxi during the day. Crystal locks down the Captain's Hill safehouse as you and Chris exit. You won't be staying there for a few days, just in case.

The ride to Abstergo's temporary office is uneventful; you talk to Chris about Dragon's offer. He is, of course, incredibly interested in the idea of talking to the greatest Tinker on Earth. You'll have to ask other, less enthusiastic, members of your group.

You climb a building across the street from Abstergo's office and settle in just inside the stairwell to wait for noon. Or you would have, if there hadn't been a group of Merchants just at the bottom of the stairs. Leaving Mercurial to wait for the right time, you dart down the stairs to ensure the druggies warn no one of your presence.

Your first baton swing knocks the first thug into the wall hard enough to crack his skull. The second swings a pipe at you wildly and you block it easily, punching him in the face with your off hand. He falls.

The remaining six Merchants surround you One, wielding a chain, seeming to be the leader, steps forward in what you think is supposed to be a menacing manner. Due to the drugs in his system, however, it's really more comical. He spits at your feet. "Fuckin' bish! We'll show you why people don' fuck wit the Merhchants!"

"Your voice offends me." You speak quietly, then slam your baton into his stomach. He flops to the ground and heaves a few times. Your baton clatters to the ground next to him, as he managed to grab it as he fell. The others step back, rightfully afraid. Once again, the drugs they've taken give them false confidence. You grab the chain from the ground and immediately get hit from behind with another metal pipe. Sighing, you drop the chain and jab one of your attackers in the throat, kicking a second in the balls. You throw an uppercut at the one with the pipe, then another jab takes out a fourth. The fifth drops when you retrieve your baton and swing up into him as you stand.

Knowing the Merchants won't be warning Abstergo by running onto the street in a drug-induced blind panic, you return to the rooftop just in time to watch Mercurial step out, in full gleaming mercury armor - and really, how did he manage to make armor out of mercury? He sets the rifle on the roof's edge, waiting for Jane to sit down. As soon as she does, he fires.

The round explodes inside Jane's office. The explosion rips apart the room, destroying much of the balcony and hallways beyond. You're entirely certain that blast was meant for an actual tank.

Mercurial packs up the rifle and starts heading to ground level, as you watch the part of the building just above where Jane's office used to be collapse. As the section falls you remember that you have to meet Tenebrae soon.
{Seriously, you thought you'd have to check?}
You rush down the fire escape and sprint down the alleyway. The taxi is waiting at the other end, but just as you dive in, you hear someone shouting at the other end of the alley. A glance shows that, yes, Abstergo knows you're here.

Tenebrae floors it. He immediately side swipes a car going the other way. Turning onto the road leading north, he runs into an Abstergo car. This has the benefit of shoving them off the road, while killing your speed. Pulling back onto the road, another Abstergo car barely avoids hitting you, because Tenebrae puts a civilian car between you. The ride to the docks is mostly uneventful. You can see Abstergo chasing you, but they don't manage to catch up.

Then you have to slow down to enter the docks. You almost immediately get shot, the bullet grazing your cheek and hitting Insight's arm. She cries out in pain as a second bullet hits Mercurial. The armor warps slightly, but the shot doesn't seem to affect him. Tenebrae throws out a ball of darkness in the direction of the shots, then turns onto a street in Yakuza territory. Lung's new Tinker, Bakuda, throws a grenade at the cars behind you. You just avoid being in the blast zone. The first time.

The second grenade explodes into ice that catches the taxi's back wheels. As you jump out of the car, a second bullet finds you, this time smashing into your lower leg. Fortunately, by this point, more Yakuza have arrived. They provide cover fire while you retreat to Lung's lair.

Crystal waited an hour after you blew up Jane's office, then sent a video of the explosion, captioned with the Earth Aleph quote "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." to every Templar you know of. You thought the message was a little corny, but it works.

Last edited:
Warp, I'm hurt.
You think I'd do that? I totally would, just not that specific part.
"Be prepared" and "plan for the worst, hope for the best" should always be part of any SBer's creed.

I hope the dragon-man doesn't take our imposing on him too badly...

Not too sure what message to send. Will wait on other players' thoughts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back