y tho

we have the arete

we can get an efb
I want an EFB, All-Defeating Stance. And I also do not want to spend an EFB on Crimson Flare, which, while cool (it's an EFB, duh) is nowhere near as cool as several other EFBs.

So, I'm voting Unacceptable to increase the likelihood of getting extra Arete to afford ADS, and Maximum Safety to decrease the likelihood of buying Crimson Flare. Even if they both won (in which case we wouldn't get an EFB, because of the Arete spent on an unsynergistic Stance) we'd still only be 7 Arete away from ADS.

I definitely support the Crimson Flare, but a vote on ADS vs Flare vs 2 Stances vs suicidal greed wouldn't be unreasonable

I want an EFB, All-Defeating Stance. And I also do not want to spend an EFB on Crimson Flare, which, while cool (it's an EFB, duh) is nowhere near as cool as several other EFBs.

So, I'm voting Unacceptable to increase the likelihood of getting extra Arete to afford ADS, and Maximum Safety to decrease the likelihood of buying Crimson Flare. Even if they both won (in which case we wouldn't get an EFB, because of the Arete spent on an unsynergistic Stance) we'd still only be 7 Arete away from ADS.

Actually, Maximum safety takes a stance from Foe-Defeating, so it's 21 Arete away from getting All-defeating.

Actually, Maximum safety takes a stance from Foe-Defeating, so it's 21 Arete away from getting All-defeating.
I know. I mean that we've got ~27 Arete now. If we get Maximum safety we'll be spending 14 Arete, 7 of which will contribute to ADS. So we'll have ~13 Arete + (7 Arete investment) and only need an extra ~8 Arete to get ADS.

Last edited:
Actually, even though I'm still a proponent of acquiring the Trinity Advancement, my preference would be for Ruling Ring in that arrangement and though Crimson Flare would still be fine, it wouldn't be what I really wanted.

I'm kind of leaning towards a consolidation vote on EFBs or having information as to the 3 EFB Blade Advancement. Would be a better way to gauge what everyone wants. Not at all because I just want some more sick blurbs though :V

Actually, even though I'm still a proponent of acquiring the Trinity Advancement, my preference would be for Ruling Ring in that arrangement and though Crimson Flare would still be fine, it wouldn't be what I really wanted.

I'm kind of leaning towards a consolidation vote on EFBs or having information as to the 3 EFB Blade Advancement. Would be a better way to gauge what everyone wants. Not at all because I just want some more sick blurbs though :V
keep in mind we can still pursue the ruling ring after that advancement!!

Ah, it seems the contingent of the Blade EFB has finally revealed itself..!

Reminder that even with Unacceptable, getting All-Defeating Stance now would still put us in Arete Debt; which is said to worse than exhaustion! So unless there's a consolidation vote, I don't think it's safer...

Besides, there was already an option to build towards All-Defeating Stance in Somewhat Safe, and it did not have many voters. You can say our Arete availability changes the situation; but people didn't even approval vote for it in case it was available like the Flare faction did. I think the interest in A-DS is being overstated; and since all the omake creators voted for Greed so we could get Flare, that's what I think we should do.

The Panoply 25-Arete pick is literally more important to me than any other potential pick. So unless we absolutely have to for survival, I don't want to go all-in on All-Defeating Stance.

Survival remains more important, but I won't have much reason to stay invested if we guarantee victory over the Temple only to then waffle back halfheartedly and spend the next twenty updates trying to recoup favor with all the Mage and Ring factions.

For real though unless the blurb for the All-Defeating stance and its effects surpass Cut Through's there's no way it can win with so many people gunning for the Trinity.

For reference we hit 60,320 omake-words that people gave a WC on. And got exactly 8 arete as of Rihaku's most recent update.

Last edited:
Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Byzantine on Jun 30, 2020 at 11:24 PM, finished with 568 posts and 59 votes.

On to more serious matters, albeit forgive my gawky eyed response cause waking up earlier and earlier is oof.

Crimson Flare winning is great. Honestly. All I ever wanted for this OmakeStorm 2: Shippuden Boogaloo. Unelemental cemented as Biggest Play with that 8ker.

Thoughts on a different matter tho---even if we don't immediately bumrush ourselves to getting another Imperial purchase for SORD (i really want Pillars first), I'd put my money on A-DS instead of F-DS. F-DS is like...budgeted SORD Praxis, and we'd be better off with the latter since it builds up on Cut Through shenanigans. Seeing as we're bound to be fighting off a bunch of other shmucks that would make use of the entirety of the Temple as their weapon, Guile-Defeating would be a fine purchase.

Even if it adds another delay to Pillars, it'll keep its worth so long as we have to deal with even more people and their machinations. Seeing as we still have to deal with more politics and shit in the Human Sphere, knowing the true intent behind actions and whatnot should safeguard our team until such a time where we can retaliate. Fuck, it'll keep Letrizia safe is the most important piece for post-temple stuff. Doteru or not, she's still technically Hunger's meal ticket to a foothold in the conquest-section of our Main Objective.

So rah rah rah, Crimson is great. Guile would be useful even long term. Pillars next on our grocery list. The fumes in the Omake Mines are fucking up our lungs and we should take great care for whenever we delve deeper and deeper in there.

It would be nice to have a vote on which EFB we take, especially if we generate an additional pick on the way back to the Temple. I'd be happy with anything though. Any update where we take an EFB is a good one.

Back