technically what Hunger has is not Praxis. It's just Cut Through allows Hunger to access the same principles as the Praxis to develop techniques that is equivalent to the Praxis.

Though he still needs to be a cursebearer to access Imperial Praxis equivalents.

The Imperial cannot be accessed without the Accursed's explicit permission and the Royal is also pretty restricted for eventually being able to reach a level relevant to him. Meanwhile, entire species have access to the Noble Praxis and while it's good, the King's Sceptre version of Accretion is better. I'm sure teaching the Noble Praxis is entirely possible, though it might require some additional attainment in the Royal.

The Imperial cannot be accessed without the Accursed's explicit permission and the Royal is also pretty restricted for eventually being able to reach a level relevant to him. Meanwhile, entire species have access to the Noble Praxis and while it's good, the King's Sceptre version of Accretion is better. I'm sure teaching the Noble Praxis is entirely possible, though it might require some additional attainment in the Royal.
Is that the case, or would it require someone with talent on par with the Accursed himself more than infinite time to reach without the Accursed throwing a bone? Basically, the Accursed did it so someone with equal talent should be able to repeat the feat, but of course such individuals are nonexistent.

You need some way to access it, to use the Praxis in any of its forms, otherwise anybody could do it:

R' Yesterday at 12:17 AM
a dog
[12:17 AM]
can learn the Praxis
[12:17 AM]
if it had access

from discord

technically what Hunger has is not Praxis. It's just Cut Through allows Hunger to access the same principles as the Praxis to develop techniques that is equivalent to the Praxis.

Though he still needs to be a cursebearer to access Imperial Praxis equivalents.
If it's based on the same principles as Praxis, gives you techniques that work like Praxis and benefits from Praxis textbooks, isn't it just Praxis developed independently? It's not like Accursed granting you the style is the only way to develop it.

Our Sword Praxis is Praxis channeled through the Forebear's Blade, I think. Not some similar technique but the real thing. The issue is it requires, well, having our sword since that is the part of our Self we are using as the conduit.

I mean, the Forebear apparently conquered multiple worlds (why else would he need world-defeating stance?) so he was a multiversal threat. He also had crazy high willpower. I find it entirely possible he could have encountered the Royal Praxis at some point and been like "Yeah, this is literally perfect, let's go." We can upgrade to Imperial due to being a Cursebearer, but I think the Forebear also had true Praxis if not the Imperial version.

The question, in my mind, is how the heck did the Forebear end up dying of old age? With all the power he had immortality should have been perfectly achievable. Why did he decide that dying was a thing he would do?

Here's the text talking about how we get the Praxis

[ ] Cut Through - 25 Arete

Add the character's Willpower to his effective Might and Agility. Elevate the character's sword techniques by one step along the Infinite Singularity Husk.

The character may develop a set of techniques that are equivalent to those of the Sword Praxis, that sliver of the Royal Praxis focused on techniques of the blade. If a Cursebearer, the character may eventually develop techniques equivalent to the Imperial Sword Praxis instead. Naturally, almost any conceivable effect can eventually be realized even through the medium of swordplay, if one's canvas is the Imperial Praxis itself, though the strengths and weaknesses of the Praxis continue to apply.

has been piloting Verschlengorge for nearly a decade.
What, seriously?! So her white hair actually is appropriate for how long she's going to live without intervention...
"What is possible?" Hunger mused. "Let that be the first lesson then. From now on what is or is not possible doesn't concern you. The only thing you need to ask yourself is how much you want something, and how far you are willing to go for it. I will show you a Rune of the Classical Form, so watch carefully. You will have to develop your own style and techniques, but this can serve as a reference..."
Beautiful. Thank you.

...Funny how our first ever Praxis Rune ended up being the one that could be described as "Sufficient Velocity." That wasn't even intentional.

What, seriously?! So her white hair actually is appropriate for how long she's going to live without intervention...
Verschlengorge's Decimation isn't active all the time:
Verschlengorge can sate its hunger by hunting powerful opponents, though it weakens him somewhat.
Letrizia's life has almost certainly been greatly shortened, but we don't really know to what degree. It all depends on how consistently she managed to find appropriate opponents to sate Verschlengorge's appetite.

Wut? I get back from work, and everything is changed, why did we go for thorn?
Well, first we didn't have enough Arete for Silver, so taking Thorn was a decent option to get through safely. THEN, we had enough arete to get Silver super soon if we didn't take Thorn, so people flopped to the exhaustion plan. And THEN we had enough to both take Thorn and get Silver super soon, but not enough for Refinement, so people flopped back to Thorn.

You were asking for it. Well, jokes aside, there's room for interpretation there. Maybe she died, maybe she stayed in a previous world, maybe they got separated in this one... No idea how Rihaku writes her so easily, geniuses are hard. Well, not no idea, but 'be a genius' isn't really a solution.
It's simple. One part arrogance, one part shamelessness, one part interested-in-all-the-cool-stuff. One part maturity, but that's usually hidden - she banters at every opportunity, and only stops when it would be really, genuinely, a bad idea.
Does that make a 'genius'? You tell me. I'm of the opinion that 'intelligence' isn't even a coherent concept, myself.

Last edited:
Back