A New Dawn (Ex-Papergeist) - A Worm/Naruto Crossover

I am confused. I think it is pretty obvious what seal Taylor is trying to recreate.

Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation

The Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation binds the soul of a deceased person to a living vessel, restoring them as they were when they were alive in order to do their summoner's bidding. It was originally created by Tobirama Senju, some time after which he declared it a kinjutsu. Orochimaru would discover the technique decades later and improve on its use while his subordinate Kabuto Yakushi nearly perfected the use of the kinjutsu.

Or some version of this.

Nope. And with that, I'm out for the evening

I imagined Lisa's power going ??? over Taylor's defences, like in that scene with Miss Adler in Sherlock, because seals are an OCP for shards.

Which resulted in her power telling her to nope the fuck away.

I hope whatever you are planning works for your story.

just saying, my idea works with who Taylor is as a person.
Perhaps it's the control seal Orochimaru used on Hashirama and Tobirama? I'm not 100% of if it only worked on the zombie people though.

Perhaps it's the control seal Orochimaru used on Hashirama and Tobirama? I'm not 100% of if it only worked on the zombie people though.

Her big plan is to become a type of Human Master? In Worm?
I sure hope not.
Would the quote, " I am a human master, please send me to the Birdcage!" look better on a Hat or Shirt?

Sorry, if this comes off as aggressive.
I just hope that this is not the answer.

But, darn now I want to go back to Narutopedia and see if I can figure this puzzle out.

I sure hope not.
Would the quote, " I am a human master, please send me to the Birdcage!" look better on a Hat or Shirt?

Sorry, if this comes off as aggressive.
I just hope that this is not the answer.

But, darn now I want to go back to Narutopedia and see if I can figure this puzzle out.
The shirt is the obvious option. On the hat it would probably be too small. Also how many morally and ethically wrong seals can there be? The other option is one of Orochimaru's cursed seals which is very unlikely since Konan wouldn't know the first thing about how they work given they stump known sealmasters.

Plus, Konan wouldn't have the faintest clue how the Impure World Resurrection works; it is literally one of the most complicated and advanced techniques in the entire story, one that even Orochimaru had to put serious work into understanding. There is no feasible way that Taylor, using Konan's memories, would be able to recreate the Impure World Resurrection. Konan is a powerful S-Rank Kunoichi to be sure, but she's no Orochimaru, nor does she have eyes of cheating like Nagato, nor is she a seal master like Jiraya. Advanced work like Jinchuuriki Seals, the Impure World Resurrection, the Flying Thunder God and soforth would be well beyond her abilities.

Konan may not have had any love for fuinjutsu, but I had found that I took to it like a duck to water. There was something about the intense focus and allure of creating new seals that I could use in the field.

Konan, while she could do what I do, using her paper to write fuinjutsu while within me, just never viewed it as useful. Personally, I blamed this disinterest on Nagato and his bullshit Rinnegan. What was the point of increasing your versatility when you have someone who can level enemies and cities alike with the wave of a hand.

But the seal before me, not even a hundredth of the way finished, was something that I felt was needed more than anything else, even it was ethically and morally abhorrent. It was incredibly complex, and would likely take me years at the current rate to work on, but it would be my final trump card if anything drastic were to happen.

Advanced work like Jinchuuriki Seals, the Impure World Resurrection, the Flying Thunder God and soforth would be well beyond her abilities.

It is a given part of this story that a lot of seals were beyond Konan.
Taylor is practicing to get better than that.
Thinking about this made me go reread what has been said. And "even it was ethically and morally abhorrent." stood out too me.

So, I take back what I said before about the Human Master seal. I missed this info the first time through (or forgot it).

I still don't know if I believe that this is the idea. But, I am not sure what else fits this definition beyond the Akatsuki plan to stop all war.

I am confused. I think it is pretty obvious what seal Taylor is trying to recreate.

Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation

The Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation binds the soul of a deceased person to a living vessel, restoring them as they were when they were alive in order to do their summoner's bidding. It was originally created by Tobirama Senju, some time after which he declared it a kinjutsu. Orochimaru would discover the technique decades later and improve on its use while his subordinate Kabuto Yakushi nearly perfected the use of the kinjutsu.

Or some version of this.

Really? Because that would only work if there is an 'pure world' in Worm. This place isnt the Narutoverse.

I dont know how Konan's soul ended up there but i do believe that if Taylor wants something like that to work she would need lots of customizing to the original thing.

However this slow and methodical approach has drawbacks in that it reduces her effective growth because she isn't challenging herself and it is likely to bite her in the ass sooner or later once she starts tangling with bigger players in BB.

Maybe, but compared to the shit that Konan had to deal with, dealing with parahumans is easier most of the time and their powers tends to be more straightfoward than any ninja skillset.

Compared to a normal parahuman, she got a good deal with those memories, second hand or not.

Last edited:
I mean, I don't think Konan would even really now much at all about the seal, she doesn't ever interact with it that we see, and she died before the war arc.

If anything she's probably only heard of it either from the Nidaime Hokage's legend or from the whole one time Orochimaru used it against Sarutobi. So Taylor would be creating a jutsu made by the Second Hokage and later perfected by Kabuto (who is apparently a freaking genius), with absolutely nothing to start with.

So, the argument here is that...
a) it is really hard
b) we don't know if it will work

.... to NOT try to get her mom back.

What?

Thats a hell a motive to push her up to make that thing work but...

I mean, I don't think Konan would even really now much at all about the seal, she doesn't ever interact with it that we see, and she died before the war arc.

If anything she's probably only heard of it either from the Nidaime Hokage's legend or from the whole one time Orochimaru used it against Sarutobi. So Taylor would be creating a jutsu made by the Second Hokage and later perfected by Kabuto (who is apparently a freaking genius), with absolutely nothing to start with.

This.

Sincerely speaking even reaching the rank of 'Seal Master' is a Hard task to accomplish let alone recreate the master work of some of the best ninjas around.

Konan wasnt interested in seals and while having Jiraiya as a master will garantee you will end up with some knowledge about it, i very much doubt she knows enough beyond intermediate knowledge and Taylor will need to tread that path alone without anything guiding her or taking references from.

If she ever accomplish that, it would be decades later even cheating with clones a la Naruto.

On the other hand just learning how to seal things in paper and make explosive tags will improve her combative potential by leaps and bounds.

Bakuda will not be very amussed with the woman made of explosive paper stealing her thunder or any other parahuman for that matter if Taylor decides to pull a Deidara.

I think you need to think just a tad bit deeper than just an annoying trope, and more like, a little bit of Konan accidently bleeding into Taylor. It was deliberate.
The rolled eggs for breakfast was another clue. When I read this part, my reaction was, "The annoying fanfic trope finally serves a narrative purpose!"

I sure hope not.
So, the argument here is that...
a) it is really hard
b) we don't know if it will work

.... to NOT try to get her mom back.

What?
Let's see... it requires a human sacrifice to work, it invokes fears of a zombie apocalypse, and everyone will immediately compare her to Glaistic Uaine. This is every bit as dumb as starting a career as a human Master, so it's not like your idea is better. We've got Word of God that it's pushing it to say that she's low to mid Chunin, and she's working outside of her previous specialty. Taylor has a knack for seals, but she'd still be working from scratch to recreate a technique that was invented by a sealmaster Hokage. That's a waste of time to attempt right now, even if it wouldn't make her a massive target. Which it would.

Maybe, but compared to the shit that Konan had to deal with, dealing with parahumans is easier most of the time and their powers tends to be more straightfoward than any ninja skillset.
Even before you start factoring in ninja powers, the years of experience and mundane tradecraft makes Taylor a force to be reckoned with. With just paper clones and the D-rank jutsu you'd expect any Genin to know, she's got so many tools that she'd be an absolute nightmare to try to pin down, and unlike the opponents in Naruto, nobody has any idea what any of those capabilities are or how to counter them. While some parahumans have powers that could make them resistant or immune to genjutsu, for example, most have no defense against that sort of thing. What works as a temporary distraction or misdirection in Naruto is an unbreakable genjutsu as far as most people are concerned. A lot of the more powerful jutsu aren't even necessary given the nature of her targets. She just has to be smart about it.

Bakuda will not be very amussed with the woman made of explosive paper stealing her thunder or any other parahuman for that matter if Taylor decides to pull a Deidara.
Bakuda is fantastically ill-suited to win that fight. She'd try, but she's up against an opponent who can fly and pull off Oni Lee's trick without sending herself personally into danger for even a split second first. Good luck using a fancy grenade launcher to shoot down a paper bird with an explosive tag on it, much less a random stream of them. Disposable minions beat traps any day of the week.

Last edited:
On the other hand just learning how to seal things in paper and make explosive tags will improve her combative potential by leaps and bounds.

Well, to be fair, Konan did show an ability to make explosive seals in canon, so it's entirely possible Taylor can already pull Deidara...

I agree.

Just with the basic jutsus Taylor would end stamped with a nice Stranger ratting and couple that with all the other shit she is able to do plus guerilla warfare, sabotage and general underhanded ninja tactics she will be a terror for everyone involved. I always thought that the parahuman population of BB is ill suited to deal with assassin with a good Stranger rating.

In a direct fight? Bakuda hardly have an opportunity, but by setting a trap? That might work because Bakuda is one of the few that can kill Taylor via her bullshit bombs.

Aye, razor sharp paper being flung at you is bad enough, let alone if she starts making them explosive as well.

I always thought that the parahuman population of BB is ill suited to deal with assassin with a good Stranger rating.
Coil and to a variable extent Tattletale would do all right at least. Armsmaster may or may not have or develop something as well. Lung has his enhanced senses going for him as well, so something like invisibility wouldn't work too well.

Aye, razor sharp paper being flung at you is bad enough, let alone if she starts making them explosive as well.

Coil and to a variable extent Tattletale would do all right at least. Armsmaster may or may not have or develop something as well. Lung has his enhanced senses going for him as well, so something like invisibility wouldn't work too well.
Consindering Shinobi use nin-dogs and they have better senses than Lung(I think)Konan probably know how to deal with smell

Consindering Shinobi use nin-dogs and they have better senses than Lung(I think)Konan probably know how to deal with smell
Absolutely, though it's hard to tell what her method is. Maybe she learned to make scentless paper, maybe she just keeps a high altitude, maybe her paper movement is silent, or can be silent when slowed.

That said, we've never seen Konan hiding from a nin-dog, so who knows? We already have in-story knowledge that Konan probably didn't go all out with her personal advancement due to the crutch known as Nagato (who could just have a giant invisible lizard swallow her for stealth purposes).

Coil is the only one prepared enough for that eventuality. Everyone else not so much.

Even if Lisa can detect them it is up the air if she could defend herself. On the other hand you could remove everyone else in the Undersiders and deal with her last.

And thought Lung didnt get super senses til he is ramped enough and he is far more easily to deal with when he is unramped.

A strong enough poison can do the trick or just shoting him in the head or decapitating him.

Well, to be fair, Konan did show an ability to make explosive seals in canon, so it's entirely possible Taylor can already pull Deidara...

So if she is still like her canon counterpart and someone push her enough to escalate... ouch.

Heh, good luck to those fools. They will need it.

Last edited:
Fuck my backup is worse. A seal that depowers capes.

Nope.

Re: Storage Seals.

The reason that Taylor isn't using storage seals for say, her lab, is threefold:

The first is that carrying a seal like that upon her person would be risky in and of itself. Bear in mind, she is not in a continuous paper state. That would just be too draining and may cause unnecessary problems. Therefore, she cannot hide the sealing materials into her body like you may think. Furthermore, if it's on her person in her non-changed state, that means it would either likely be noticed, even if by accident, and it would be vulnerable to possible damage while she carries it upon her person.

The second is, even if she carried it in her paper state, it would still be too risky as if she was in a fight, all it would take is an errant bullet to compromise the seal while she is in a paper state. And god have mercy if the damage may cause a cascading effect that may set off the seals within the storage seal.

Third, it's just easier to keep it located in a defended, yet open area, where she can constantly work upon it with clones.

Now, does that mean it couldn't change in the future? Sure, but for right now, Taylor is happy with having both a workplace and a lair to operate from. Because it makes things easier for her.

Hopefully that makes sense despite the hour.

Also, I hate writing about school, lol.

My 1am brain distilled that into a "Birdcage Me, Mommy"

yikes

Last edited:
May as well throw this idea in, is it the death God seal? The one used on naruto? I could see her making comparisons between endbringers and the tailed beasts

Of course Kabuto is a genius, do you really think Orochimaru would have made Kabuto his apprentice if Kabuto wasn't a genius?

Keep in mind; Kabuto didn't perfect the Impure World Resurrection on his own, he did it with access to Orochimaru's labs, knowledge and resources, after years of study and education as Orochimaru's apprentice.

May as well throw this idea in, is it the death God seal? The one used on naruto? I could see her making comparisons between endbringers and the tailed beasts
Given that the Death God Seal is an inescapable suicide technique, I sincerely doubt it.

Last edited:
Back